Start by marking “Courtin' Jayd (Drama High, #6)” as Want to Read:
Courtin' Jayd (Drama High,  #6)

Courtin' Jayd

(Drama High #6)

Now that both of Jayd's cliques have crossed paths and are getting along, Jayd hopes smooth sailing is ahead. But with problems at home and some beef with Rah, Jayd realizes they don't call her Drama High for nothing.
Published September 1st 2008 by Dafina Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Courtin' Jayd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courtin' Jayd

Start your review of Courtin' Jayd (Drama High, #6)
Tyree
Rah and Jayd, A new love? But hey Jeremy still loves her and it is obvious. Mickey's unexpected pregnancy and Misty's STD is not a secret anymore.
I can make a text to text connection with this book. In this book and Breaking Dawn by Stephanie. Meyer. Bella and Mickey don't know that they are both pregnant. But at the end they are both happy that they are and appreciate everything till labor pains.
I gave this book 5 stars. Drama High is a really good series. I would recommend this book to
Laborah2012
Nov 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The book Drama High, Courtin’ Jayd is about a girl named Jayd trying to juggle school, family, and friends. The drama seems to never end at South Bay high school where Jayd attended. Between the drama at home with her grandparents fighting and the drama at school with her 2 best friends, and the drama with her 2 ex boyfriends that’s trying to get back in her life, she don’t know what to do.

OMG I can wait to the next book comes out. Have you hear yourself saying that. Well I say that every time
Kiara Dismuke
Dec 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Jayd isn’t your typical teenager. Her life is controlled by drama. At home, high school and her relationship problems are standing in her way of living a happy life.Drama at her house with her grandparents fighting and the drama at school with her 2 best friends, and the drama with her two ex boyfriends - that’s trying to get back with her. Sometimes she has a hard time overcoming these obstacles. Through this journey Jayd slowly finds her inner strength, to rise above it all.

Drama High is
Yana
Dec 08, 2009 added it
This was good also. Choosing between her old lover Rah, and her new boo Jeremy. This was so good i don't remember going to sleep before i finished the book.
Katie Jimenez
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jayd a typical high schooler has many problems throughout the book. To start off her best friend Mickey is pregnant. The bad thing about this to Jayde is that Mickey is trying to name Nigel the babies father. The only thing upsetting to Jayd is that Mickey has another boyfriend on the low and really does not know who the father is. To top all this off Jaydes enemy Misty has herd a little to much and wants to tell the whole school about it. In the way of Misty telling the school about this, ...more
Makayla
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Courtin' Jayd by L.Divine is a fiction book about Jayd and her friends. Jayd starts to loose feelings for her ex- boyfriend Jermey and starts gaining more feelings for her new crush Rah. Jermey wants Jayd back and starts to do what ever he can to get her. Do you think Jayd goes back to Jermey and dumps Rah? You'll have to read the book to find out. Also in the previous books Jayd friends got into a argument and that put Jayd into a really bad position because she does not want to choose between ...more
Heaven Griffin
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The author of the series Drama High is really a good a author.The author L.Divine really knows drama because as far as i know all of her books that i have read i have either seen or been in. She really connects with the reader because this is drama that goes down in high school or school period. Jayd is still trying to give Rah a chance but she is also trying to give Jeremy a chance but all of the drama with them she finds out that her homegirl Mickey is Pregnant with her ex-boyfriends friend ...more
Lisa
Mar 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Autumn Jeanine
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In "Drama High: Courtin Jayd" it talk about how Jayd best friend mickey get pregnant by two of her

boyfriends and don't know who the baby daddy is. On the other Misty like to keep messing with Jayd

and Mickey and like to get them in drama, SO Jayd tried to get her friends away from Misty. Finally,

Rah is trying to get back with Jayd even though Jayd only see them as friends not more than friends. I

would rate this book as a five because it talks about how Jayd is in alot of drama with Misty and
Nyajah
Mar 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book makes me think of how my high school years will be like since I'm only in 7th grade, but I thought that this book taught me about karma. It's showing me how one person can do something really messed up,but then it backfires and they get embarassed. I learned to keep to myself and don't spread rumors (even if they are true). I have also learned that throughout life you have to learn to be responsible because if you don't, everything will be a mess and it won't fall into place like it's ...more
Jewalyna Mendoza
Sep 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
this book is about a girl who likes her friend and also wants to go out with a guy their that plays basketball.also she is having problems with her friend Mike because Mike is going out with a guy that treats her bad and at the same time she is messing around with another guy.after that her friend Mike is pregnant and she is going crazy because she doesn't know who is the father of the baby that she is having.
CYNTHIA
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a girl named ''Lady J'' that is trying to choose who is her true love .I liked this book because i love to talk about gossip.I would recommend this book to my friend Melanie and Melody because they are the type of girls that like to have boyfriends.
Black Carrie
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book throughout the series being that Jayd & Jermey are from two different sides of town. I would love to see them together he seems good for her just need a few tinks fixed here and there. They could work on things if only I was the writer I would make it happen
Courtney Whitaker
Oct 22, 2009 rated it did not like it
This book was ok I learned that you can’t force people to be what you want them to be. This book also had some drama but in order to know and understand this book you must read the first book called "The fight".
Keiaira oliver
The book is really good, and makes u wanna to read the rest of the Series of Drama High
Laica
Dec 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
this book is for people with confusion, but it one of the best book i ever read
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
so far this book is really good i love drama books.
Michelle
Apr 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: drama-high
one of my favorite of the series
Rika
Jun 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
i wish i could put more than 5 stars for this one!
Amanda
Jul 13, 2009 rated it liked it
So many little ponies, so little time. Jayd and I are one with the world.
Diamonique
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Who would you want Jayd to be with Rah or Jeremy? I gotta say I like them both. Dealing with Mickey and her possible pregnacy is just ever worst.
Lisa Mcn.
Mar 24, 2009 added it
Shelves: teen-urban
Recommended in LJ Core Collection for Urban Lit
Moni
Dec 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama-high
Best book right after the first !!
Olivia Owens
Oct 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
It wasn't the most interesting one of the series to me but was good and the girl was luckyy read to figure out what im talking bout
Shaquanna
Sep 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
SO much drama I love it!
Justyce Nelson
this book was very good.....

i love it
Christopher Guinto
Oct 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I really liked the book. I liked the book because it's drama and I like drama. I would recommenced this book to people who like drama.
Miz.liencie Dunn
really want to read this book
Sanai
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is written in the first person. This is a classic drama book with more drama than anyone could have ever expected. In this book Jayd is torn between her two ex-boyfriends. One of her ex-boyfriends (Jeremy) is white and rich but he has racist father. He tends to be racist sometimes too. Jayds other ex-boyfriend (Raheem) who just randomly pops back into her life when his best friend starts going to Jayds school. The problem with him is that she loves him but he constantly had other ...more
Jocelyn
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is really interesting and gets you attached to read more and more of it. This book might relate to a lot of people's lives because all the drama. The main character has the same problems that most people do. She has ex-boyfriends drama, family drama, best friends drama, school drama. Just almost all the types of drama you can think of. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves drama.
do you think Jade should drop Rah for Jeremy? 8 23 Jun 09, 2011 04:57PM

• Hot Girl
  • Shortie Like Mine  (Shortie Like Mine #1)
  • Indigo Summer (Indigo Summer #1)
  • Like Sisters on the Homefront
  • Secrets in the Shadows (Bluford High, #3)
  • So Not The Drama (Del Rio Bay Clique, #1)
  • Until We Meet Again (Bluford High, #7)
  • Kendra
  • Chasing Romeo (BFF Novel #1)
  • Fast Life
  • Lesson Learned (Keysha, #3)
  • Shrink to Fit
  • The Friend Zone (End of the Line #1)
  • Hotlanta (Hotlanta, #1)
  • Jason & Kyra
  • The Pledge
  • Dirty Jersey
  • A Matter of Trust (Bluford High, #2)
L. Divine is a young female author of the young adult fiction series Drama High. L. Divine is also a priestess who is originally from California, has lived in Jamaica and currently resides with her children in Atlanta. She also holds advanced degrees in African American studies from UCLA.

Drama High (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Fight (Drama High, #1)
  • Second Chance (Drama High, #2)
  • Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)
  • Frenemies (Drama High, #4)
  • Lady J (Drama High, #5)
  • Hustlin' (Drama High, #7)
  • Keep It Movin' (Drama High, #8)
  • Holidaze (Drama High, #9)
  • Culture Clash (Drama High, #10)
  • Cold as Ice (Drama High, #11)