Start by marking “Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis” as Want to Read:
Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis

Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis

See how energy therapies can normalize physiology and restore your patients’ health! Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis, 2nd Edition provides a deeper understanding of energy and energy flow in the human body. Using well-established scientific research, this book documents the presence of energy fields, discerns how those fields are generated, and determines how they ar

Published September 4th 2015 by Churchill Livingstone (first published March 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Energy Medicine, please sign up.
Andras Fuchs I could find only a similar sentence of the first part of your quote: "In a few decades scientists have gone from a conviction that energy fields in a…moreI could find only a similar sentence of the first part of your quote: "In a few decades scientists have gone from a conviction that energy fields in and around the human body are science fiction to an absolute certainty that they exist."(less)

Start your review of Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis
Kathy
Apr 03, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those seeking scientific validation of alternative healing modalities
Shelves: energy-medicine
heady book, with validating peer reviewed studies that could explain why energy medicine, from chiropractic, acupuncture to Reiki and polarity therapy could work. Not worth owning, but great to review and restore our faith in laying on of hands healing.
Kris Wood
WHEW! Now that was a difficult book to read...although the parts I could understand were quite interesting! Looking for my next CST-oriented book to read.
Andras Fuchs
James Oschman spared no time and effort writing this book. His book is a true testament of his amazingly huge knowledge of the subject.
I must admit that I couldn't always follow that biochemistry in the book since I'm an engineer, but the physics part was more then interesting and easy to follow.
Oschman is truly passionate about the subject, and you can feel that all the way. I couldn't help myself to share this passion, and let others around me taste that as well.
The book is well structured, st
Kim Zinkowski
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A. an interesting book by a good friend.
Allie Phillips
Mar 19, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is basically a small textbook disguised as a 350-page paperback. It took me over a month to read diligently through it all, but as an alternative health practitioner (chiropractor) I stand by its worth.

Oschman addresses both the scientific research and philosophical principles of science in order to argue for a paradigm shift in medicine that will address the movement of energy into and out of our bodies and how that affects our biology and our health. He argues that when you marry th
Timothy Nichols
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-goals
Oschman's _Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis_ delivers nicely on its title, and it's a fascinating, frustrating read. It is frustrating on one hand because the research is so incomplete in some areas -- so much we don't yet know. It is frustrating on the other hand because so much of the medical establishment has woodenly refused to acknowledge the facts that are painfully well-established, presumably for fear of being associated with quacks.
But it turns out that on some issues, the so-call
Dennis Dupuis
I enjoyed and needed this book at the time I read it. The "scientific" aspects of energy medicine were all but lost in the mire of personalized ideologies and myth surrounding practices of energy sharing at the time. They still are for the most part. This book helped in the grounding of some of the modalities, the dispelling of others, and gave me a basis to begin differentiating the two with something more than my "gut." Worth the effort to push thru the "research" format to get to the gems ben ...more
Sally Smith
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must-read for any intelligent person who cares about health. It, and several other books, is changing the way I understand how our bodies work. Oschman gives the evidence for the power of frequency oscillations in shaping our health in an objective way; he has no personal agenda he is pushing. It is radical and revolutionary.
Leect27
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good to know the wonderful universe.

Learned about important concepts to earthing, essential oils, reiki, qi-gong, the important medium that is water.
Everything leads back the Nature.
Angel Hill
Feb 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too Technical
Henedchoueiry
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great introduction to energy medicine! Very enlightening and interesting as it is based on scientific studies. Looking forward to choose my next read after this one!!
Nancy
Aug 18, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Detailed historic and scientific basis for proof energy healing works - not that I had any doubts. A call to researchers to consider new possibilities.
Jaime
It's a little thick so far, but I've heard him speak and he was electric, so I'm hoping this book can back me up a little. ...more
Drakoh
Aug 02, 2008
Rini Verpraet
Dec 30, 2017
Tamar
rated it did not like it
Dec 31, 2016
Jun 05, 2011
Charlotte
Jun 07, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • The Mystery on the Train (The Boxcar Children, #51)
  • Sacred Space: Clearing and Enhancing the Energy of Your Home
  • What's the Matter with Kansas? How Conservatives Won the Heart of America
  • The Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature
  • Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype
  • Come Meet Muffin!
  • Outlawed
  • “All the Real Indians Died Off”: And 20 Other Myths About Native Americans
  • Before the Coffee Gets Cold (Before the Coffee Gets Cold, #1)
  • Majesty (American Royals, #2)
  • The Almost Sisters
  • Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • The Intelligent Investor
  • The Prince
  • The Female Brain
  • Technical Analysis for the Trading Professional: Strategies and Techniques for Today's Turbulent Global Financial Markets

News & Interviews

“At root what is, is no longer THINGS but what happens BETWEEN things, these are the terms of the reality contemporary to us – and the terms of what we are. Olson (1983)” 2 likes
“the greatest harm from drug treatment is not so much the toxicity or side effects as it is the suppression effect.” 1 likes