Start by marking “Albatross” as Want to Read:
Albatross

Albatross

Jen was a lonely girl with the weight of the world upon her shoulders, who needed somebody to bring her out of her past.
But hers is not the only story fraught with tragedy, and the past always has a way of clinging to the present.
Published December 22nd 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Albatross, please sign up.
Ross Turner Hi Lauren. There are a couple of scenes of a sexual nature, and also a couple of a more violent nature. Other than that I wouldn't say it's a…moreHi Lauren. There are a couple of scenes of a sexual nature, and also a couple of a more violent nature. Other than that I wouldn't say it's a difficult read. Probably 16+. Thanks. Enjoy!(less)

Start your review of Albatross
Ross Turner
Dec 21, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Being a new genre, Albatross was a new challenge for me. I found that some parts of it came very easily and that others really didn't.

It's an acquired taste.
I'm still not even sure if I like it.

Much of the inspiration for Albatross came from where I was at the time of writing, rather than what I was doing.

I was living in North Wales at the time, and spent most of my time alone.

Before Albatross was even published, I had already returned to fantasy and begun planning my next project.
Sandra
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't get into this book as quickly as I have with the others. It quickened up however when Deacon appeared and the plot got more engrossing. It was a good read and a new genre for the author. The story is quite deep in places and I ended up reading it twice to get the full meaning.
Darren Moore
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read and hang point. Hope to see some more of this type of book from you.
Karey Warner
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I wasn't sure about this book at first. But as you read on the twists are excellent and there are lots of hints and clues that I didn't first pick up on.
Cathy Bryant
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this. For one thing, I was lucky enough to receive it as a Goodreads giveaway. Secondly, the author seems like a really nice bloke and has obviously put a lot of work into the cover, formatting, etc.
I have to be honest, though. The first hint of trouble was a typo in the very first sentence: "any more" run together to make a single word. Then there are the clunky (and grammatically dreadful) sentences. Blue jeans, trainers and a hoody "...was all that the young lady of a
Gloria
Mar 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A copy of this book was received thanks to Goodreads Giveaways and the author.

Jen Williams is a troubled young woman. Her family had moved a number of times over the previous decade however had called a village on a Welsh coastline home for the past 12 months.

Everyone involved in Jen’s life recognises how fragile she is and is careful not to upset her in any way. Jen is not coping with life and she is becoming more troubled until the day she meets Deacon, a successful artist who has struggled
Jane Taylor
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Having won this book through a giveaway on Goodreads, I was looking forward to reading it and reviewing it. I enjoyed the story, Jen's troubles evolved during reading and it was interesting to see how she dealt with them. Dyra's worries were obvious and showed how even a loving, caring mother hasn't always got the answers. I did feel that the story was written for a younger reader than me (discounting the sex scene!!) and some of the descriptions were a bit laboured and repeated. However, it ...more
Sarah-Jayne Windridge-France
Very definitely brooding and very definitely written by a bloke (a bit too smultzy and predictable) ... this said I particularly liked the ending which was just the right shade of dark and edgy! I loved the imagery -but there was way too much description that detracted from the story for me. It was unnecessary. I like the bare bones so I can draw my own picture. The premise of the story was good and the characters believable. I think I'd have preferred a few less pages and more mental torture!
Kirsty
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book I was unsure to read, how ever was so pleased that I did. It was clear from the start about clare. but loved the story line and all that went on along the way. I read this book in five days and this just isn't me. I loved the ending as it gave closure to all the events leading up to it. I would love to know if there would be another book about deacons and Jen's relationship as it would be interesting to see if it had any effects on them. I would recommend this book to anybody who loves a ...more
Deb Court
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Albatross was an interesting and engaging read and kept me guessing all the way through. Some things I figured out right from the start, though I get the feeling that I was supposed to. Other things I thought I'd figured out but I was proved wrong. Quite a few times the story took turns that I wasn't expecting and it kept me interested all the way through.
Deb Court
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ross Turner
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is my sixth novel, and the first psychological thriller I have ever written. Lots of new characters, places, twists and turns, which will hopefully make for a little something for everyone.
I absolutely loved exploring a new genre and I hope you enjoy reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Pat
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Took me a while to get into this novel, but once I did I enjoyed it very much.
Won this book in Goodreads Firstread giveaway.
Sue Hemus
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LT
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this on kindle and loved it. Very different to other things I've read by this author but it's nice that they're not all the same.
Richard Fowley
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very different to other books I've read by this author but I still enjoyed it. Not everybody's cup of tea I imagine but I think the idea is excellent and there are lots of interesting characters.
Hayley
Dan
Aug 21, 2016
Mark
Dec 04, 2016
Born in 1992, in the West Midlands, Ross has four series published to date: The Tamarack Series, The Redwoods, The Dreadhunt Trilogy, and most recently The Terra Cycle.

He also has a number of standalone books, poems, and short story collections.

www.rossturnerbooks.com