Start by marking “The Damned (The Unearthly, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Damned (The Unearthly, #5)

The Damned

(The Unearthly #5)

Taken. Whisked away to hell. Forever bound to a monstrous god. This is seventeen-year-old Gabrielle Fiori's fate. It's everything she's ever feared, and it has all come to pass. Only ... the devil isn't the monster she remembers. At times he seems gentle and, most unnerving of all, she's drawn to him. He wants her for all eternity, and if she gives in, everything he has to ...more
Published November 14th 2015 by Lavabrook Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about The Damned, please sign up.
Laura Thalassa The ebook version of The Damned is available to order here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0180BIJTY/. The print version will be available by Thanksgiving …moreThe ebook version of The Damned is available to order here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0180BIJTY/. The print version will be available by Thanksgiving 2015. :)(less)

Start your review of The Damned (The Unearthly, #5)
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Probably my favorite book in the series and I totally have some new Bargainer series theories now!
♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥
Amazing last book. Satisfying ending to the series. Love triangle got sorted, not in the best way, but the outcome is what I hoped for.

Tiny bit of regret: I wish Lucifer/Hades/Asiri had more of a redemption arc. There was so much potential with his character, as he showed he was capable of caring. It was disappointing to see him just being killed off like that.

→ 4.5 stars
Melody
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
. . . . Persephone is my favorite

OK, so now that I'm done with the books I'll be honest: I hate controlling "for your own good" types. Can't fucking stand them. If the person in question isn't incapacitated or a toddler, then fuck the fuuuuuuuuuck off.

I hate Andres. I wanted him dead, turned to dust, and roasting in hell for an eternity. I'm not even a little sorry for feeling that way either.

(Caleb getting offed would've been nice too)

Oliver was the literal sparkle of the series, Leanne didn't
Ari Reavis
What a perfect ending to this series. I was on the edge of my seat most of the story. Gabrielle and Andre kicked butt and didn't even take names, as usual. Oliver and Leanne continued being the devoted and hilarious friends they've been throughout the series. There were times that I didn't see how it could have a happy ending, but my heart just wouldn't lose hope and it paid off. Love prevailed and I loveddd the epilogue. I am thoroughly satisfied. ...more
Karen

What a great series! I loved these books! What a unique storyline - The "last" siren on earth soulmated to the devil and a 700 year old vampire king. Lots of action as the devil pursues his Persephone. Great cast of friends a very fairy Fairy, a seer and shifter. Couldn't stop reading til I devoured them all. Nice ending too.

Highly recommend!
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Damn that was so good! I'm sad the series is over! I sure hope to see some of these characters in The Bargainer series! ...more
Giulia
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
A female God, two soulmates, three living fates and a upcoming apocalypse. Angels, demons, supernaturals and humans fighting against their destiny.
I loved this series, it was an entertaining, fast and almost light read. I am looking forward to read other books written by Laura Thalassa.

*Review to come!*
Angela McPherson
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, new-adult
Denitsa
Mar 01, 2017 rated it liked it
The story was really good! I actually started to read it after I got my hands on Rhapsodic and while Gabrielle irritated the bejesus out of me, I kept reading as I just NEEDED to know what will happen.

Some Spoilers might follow:

Those hints that the devil is not all bad, well I'm a sucker for that kind of romance. The only thing is that the story stopped making sense at some point. Why did Gabrielle love Andre so much? My answer is because she found out about the bond with him first and had to l
Elisa
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn’t hate this. It dragged on a bit and the romance side is sappier and less graphic than I prefer it, but overall it was a good conclusion to this guilty-pleasure, beach-read supernatural series. I probably wouldn’t have read this at all if it weren’t for Kindle Unlimited, and it don’t find myself leaning towards recommending this, but if you are on KU, you could do worse.

This book had some interesting twists, though the overall ending was quite predictable; but the main problem I have is
Jodie
Jul 17, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm so happy to finish this series as it was starting to drag abit for me.. but putting that aside I enjoyed this book and I'm happy with the ending. Its been an emotional roller coaster ...more
Ileana
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, first I'd like to thank Laura Thalassa for giving me an ARC to review!! Thank you soooo much!!
And now I start with the review!
Okay so if you've read the series, then you know what to expect from this book, but honestly, your mind will be blown!!
And if you havnt read the series, then you're really not making the most of life on earth! Read it. Now!
(view spoiler)
The Book Whisperers
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
That Awkward Moment-
When a series you're reading makes you question your own morality.
The Unearthly
This series by Laura Thalassa was a throw away read for me. One of those books you pick up for free and think "hmm I don't know could be good could be really bad but it's free so I'll give it a shot". Well I'm happy to report that it was not bad. It was actually a pretty good read. The author does a great job of weaving myth in with present day. The characters aren't as three dimensional as a C.S.
Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader)
If you haven't read the first four books fair warning spoilers.

Can we give praise for Thalassa's writing? This woman almost had me fall in love with the devil. THE DEVIL for crying out loud. I felt sorry for the guy or god or whatever the heck he is.

Gabrielle was in for the battle of her life. Literally she was. She had to fight not only her head and heart but her body and soul too. She had to struggle with this power in her body that made her want to create chaos and destruction. As it is menti
Gundega (Rouzmary)
Overall the series were damn good and got solid 4 stars from me. Previous one even got 5 and I had high hopes that this one would too and even join my favorites shelf, alas it was not to be. But it's still a 4 star.

I guess I've started to grow out for quite a while now of the NA & YA genre 'cuz teenagers...nah.

Even so, The Unearthly was an enjoyable read, 'specially the last two.

And The Damned promised to top it all!

The plot was pretty original even thou it involved the ages old myth of Hades &
Felicia
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is one of the best I've ever read. Everything was well thought out and written beautifully. The characters developed immensely during the series. And once again, I have to say that I love Oliver. He was definitely my favorite of the characters.

This is easily one of my favorite series. :D
India Leigh Reads
"Welcome to Hell, my queen."

Gabrielle has shed her vampire queen title and gained a new one- Queen of Hell. She is to stand by Pluto's side ruling over the souls of the damned.
Gabrielle knows something is different. Andre's bond has been severed and a new one replaces it. Yep- you guessed it. The Devil is on the other end of the bond.

"Gabrielle: I am not the Devil. Not with you."
"Then what are you?"
"Your soulmate."

Everything has changed. Gabrielle can now feel the Devil- sense him. H
Valerie (Howler_Puff)
3.5

I was actually disappointed in the ending. There were 5 books leading up to this and it really fell flat for me. Overall, I did enjoy the series, I just wanted more from the five books leading up to this. Without Andre or Oliver, this would not have been as enjoyable.
Ali Fitzner
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so sad this series is now over! I'm so happy with how it concluded but very much feel at a loss that's it's all come to an end..
The most precious gift a book can give you I suppose.
Lillian
I received an eARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

Initial Reaction:

The Damned by Laura Thalassa is the perfect conclusion to the The Unearthly, picking up right where The Forsaken left off. Please note that if you have not read the prior books in the series there are minor, unavoidable spoilers in this review. Gabrielle wakes up in the home of Hades. She’s dead now and his consort. She can
S.F. Benson
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Normally, I do not start reading a series by reading the last book in the series. It's akin to walking in 50 minutes into a 2 hour movie and asking what happened. (If you're one of those people, just stop.) Sometimes, series have standalone books and you can read out of sequence. That's not the case with Laura Thalassa's "The Damned". That being said, however, I did read it without reading the others.

The Damned was friggin' amazi
Kendall Berg
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-paranormal
*Spoilers if you haven't read Books 1-4

Ok - before I read this epic conclusion to The Unearthly series I read a review where the blogger said "I was so conflicted by the end of the book. You see a new side to the devil and I honestly had a hard time picking between him and Andre." So I went into this book expecting a sweet and innocent Hades and a bit of an effed up Andre. Now after reading I feel like this:

gurlcrazy

Now that I have that out of the way...
This book was a very good conclusion to the superna
Crystal Zapata
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alright. I’m not too sure if I’m upset that its over or upset that it didn’t end the way I was hoping for. please note, that I’m going to spoil the hell out of this review so if you haven’t read it, don’t read my review.
I do love the ending to a point, yes…Andres and Gabrielle fought tooth and nail for their love. They are soulmates and they fought to stay together. I love that they got married and lived happily ever after. The King of Vampires got his Queen. The vampires are no more because Gab
Siv Therese
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was very much on the fence with believing the series could be wrapped up in book five. In the fourth installment I felt there should at least be two more books to actually be able to clear things up, and make a beautiful or devastating ending with all the threads that were set loose during book 1-3. Still. I'm taking my hat, coat and shoes of. Bloody brilliant endring to an even more breathtaking series.

This one was a bit slow in book one, but looking back, what a pretty smart move. And final
Rachel
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Robie
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so I had tons of work to do today! Didn't happen! Late last night I uploaded 'The Damned' to my tablet. This morning I started it with every intention of only reading while I had breakfast. Could not put it down & finished it early this afternoon. So hard not to spoil it for anyone else that hasn't read it. Yet. What to say? Easy, from the first page to the last I loved it!!! Usually when a series ends, it's a sad affair leaving the characters behind, but not this time. Laura did a great job ...more
Debi
Aww. Sweeter then expected!

Plenty of action and all of my questions were answered. Even if a bit vaguely. Though the 180 the devil pulled acting like a good guy . . . Or was he acting? I will forever be confused on that one.

In any case we ended on a sweeter note then I expected. All in all, not a bad series BUT I have to say that LT's "The Bargainer" series blows this one out of the water, away and out of this world. If I hadn't started with it I don't think I would have finished this series.
Juana
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was left with a complete dislike of Oliver. This felt like a really long story where everything could have been skipped to the end because only a few parts were relevant. The ending was very underwhelming with a slight eyebrow raise at the change to our main two characters. My biggest issue with this book was Oliver. He was so exaggerated it seemed like he was really a strain man pretending to be a gay fairy. He has so much potential to be good but he made me want to torch every page his name ...more
ari
☽✶☾High Lady of Comfy☽✶☾
I was hoping to enjoy the series a lot more since it takes place alongside "Rhapsodic" but, I was severely let down.

Characters were endearing or special in any way. Couldn't really build a connection with any of them. It was like watching paint dry with their meager character developments.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Rising Queen (Court of the Sea Fae, #3)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • The Passion of Hades (The Hades Trials, #2)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • The Promise of Hades (The Hades Trials, #3)
  • Shadow's Due (Shadow Series, #3)
  • Shadow Wings (The Darkest Drae, #2)
  • Fatal Harmony (The Vein Chronicles, #1)
  • Shadow's Touch (Shadow Series, #2)
  • Shadow's Fall (Shadow Series #4)
  • Shadow's Kiss (Shadow Series, #1)
  • Black Crown (The Darkest Drae #3)
  • The Power of Hades (The Hades Trials, #1)
  • Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)
  • One Savage Crown (Battle for The Dark King, #3)
  • Cruel Fae (Dark Fae, #4)
  • Ruined King (Night Elves Trilogy #2)
  • Vampire Debt (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #2)
Found in the forest when she was young, Laura Thalassa was raised by fairies, kidnapped by werewolves, and given over to vampires as repayment for a hundred year debt. She’s been brought back to life twice, and, with a single kiss, she woke her true love from eternal sleep. She now lives happily ever after with her undead prince in a castle in the woods.

… or something like that anyway.

When not wri

The Unearthly (5 books)
  • The Unearthly (The Unearthly, #1)
  • The Coveted (The Unearthly, #2)
  • The Cursed (The Unearthly, #3)
  • The Forsaken (The Unearthly, #4)