Start by marking “How Do You Say Good Night?” as Want to Read:
How Do You Say Good Night?

How Do You Say Good Night?

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
There are so many ways to say good night. Pups say it with a stretch and a yawn. Piglets say it with a kiss and a sigh. Lambs say it with a cuddle and a hug. But no matter how many different ways the animals in this snuggly bedtime book say good night, they all have one thing in common: They say it with love. How do you say good night?
Published May 20th 2008 by HarperCollins (first published May 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about How Do You Say Good Night?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Do You Say Good Night?

Destiny Dawn Long
It's a nice little bedtime story. Pretty typical for the genre--sweetly painted illustrations and rhyming text full of snuggles and hugs and kisses and tuck-ins. It's cute, makes for a good bedtime read on nights when I'm tired and indecisive, but not really a favorite.

My daughter seems to feel similarly.
Kristen
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. It's very simple. The pictures are calming. The words are relaxing. This is the perfect bedtime story. It rhymes and yet is still quiet and helps set the tone for sleep. My daughter enjoyed all the animals pictured in the story. I just loved this book. I would like to have this book on our bookshelf.
The Library Lady
Sep 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
After (ack) almost a quarter of a century of books with anthropomorphized animals, I have really had my fill, and I'd rather have had real animals without clothing.

But I'll let that pass here. The illustrations ARE sweet and the text reminds me of Nancy Carlson's "Jesse Bear" series--perfectly pitched. An excellent debut from author and artist.
Tina Bartholoma
Dec 10, 2009 rated it it was ok
personified animals say goodnight
John
Dec 29, 2008 added it
Great illustrations for a sweet book
Apr 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: bean-books, picture
Pretty cute little bedtime book. Very reminiscent of "Time for Bed" by Mem Fox. The illustrations are what really set this one apart.
Kylie Nelson
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
Picture Book

A book that would be good to talk about differences between families, cultures, customs.
Allison
Oct 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Cute without being Cutsey! Love it! Especially the part where the duck goes to bed "squeaky clean!"
Irina
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bedtime-story
This is a cute bedtime story about how different animals say good night. It is perfect for reading right before a little one drifts off to sleep. The rhyme is so melodic...
Marisa
Jul 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Simple and sweet -- different animals say good night with their own personal rituals. Endearing, soft illustrations.
Dana
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Soothing rhyming patterns. Great bedtime book. Definitely will check out again from the library.
Paula
Jun 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
A wonderful goodnight book with different animals who say goodnight. The illustrations are nice and bright for bedtime book. It could even be acted out by the kids
Denise
Jul 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is a great book for storytime. The repetivite, rhyming text is soothing, perfect for a bedtime story. The illustrations are bright but soft and soothing too.
Julie
Nov 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
very sweet, soothing, simple rhyming text.
Miguel