Start by marking “A World of Vampire. Volume 1” as Want to Read:
A World of Vampire. Volume 1

A World of Vampire. Volume 1

(A World of Vampires #1)

Vampires around the world are coming forth to remind humans they are not romantic fantasies to be sought, nor are they souls that can be redeemed. These are the stories they must tell.

This is the collection of the first four novellas of A World of Vampires Series: Hooh-Strah-Dooh, Baobhan Sith, Strigoi, and Jiangshi.

Hooh-Strah-Dooh: Anne Fitzgerald gives the tale of he
Published December 10th 2015 by Dani Hoots (first published December 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A World of Vampire. Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A World of Vampire. Volume 1

Start your review of A World of Vampire. Volume 1
Daniela Rosas
Bem este foi um ebook que me custou muito terminar de ler.
Em primeiro lugar por ser em ebook , e em segundo por ser em inglês e não estar habituada a ler noutra língua.
É um livro de contos sobre vampiros, mas nem todos são bons.
O único conto que gostei foi o primeiro que nos dá a conhecer a natureza da espécie de vampiros existentes na tera, os Hooh-Strah-Dooh. A história é contada por ANNE, uma jovem que vive num ambiente extremamente violento em casa. Um dia o pai obriga-a a ir libertar o irmã
PelicanFreak
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this beautiful book and every story in it!

Hooh-Strah-Dooh (Book 1)
I quite enjoyed this book and just read it in under 2 hours as once I started it, I could not put it down. We are treated to Anne's POV as she takes us through a glimpse into her tragic life with her family, her escape from said family, finding Brian and so much more ( you won't get any spoilers from me). Having spent much time in Boston, I quite appreciate the setting of Southie and find it generally accurate. Mostly well-
Elke
This collection contains four stories, each devoted to a special kind of vampire: Hooh-Strah-Dooh, Baobhan Sith, Strigoi and Jiangshi. The concept sounded promising and diversified, especially when depicting the differences and origins of each type of vampire. However, that was exactly what I was missing here. The stories were exchangeable and mostly uninspired - nothing I had not read somewhere else before.

The first story was a boring and uninventive mixture of vampire romance - 1 star. The sec
Lisa
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A World of Vampires Volume 1
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Title: A World of Vampires Volume 1

Author: Dani Hoots

Time it took me to read: 16 Days

Review: I was given this to read from Netgalley in return for a honest review. I really enjoyed this collection of the first four novellas of A World of Vampires Series: Hooh-Strah-Dooh, Baobhan Sith, Strigoi, and Jiangshi. Each story was awesome and it was nice to read four individual tales. I am looking forward to reading more.
Carmen
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
The Grammar!

Boooo! Nine more words are required for me to submit my review and I don't really have anything else to say.
Marissa
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

A World of Vampires is a collection of four short stories about four very different vampiric creatures. Being a big fan of vampire novels, you can imagine why I was drawn to this book. Each story is unique in that they do feature a different type of vampire. However, I felt the author glossed over the details of what makes each vampire unique. This was really what I wanted to get as a reader out
Thelia Urtica
May 26, 2020
Julia
rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2020
Whitechocomuffin
Jul 12, 2019
Maribel Cruz
This book is composed of four short stories of vampires and the difference between them..it was ok but I honestly thought it was only one story next time I guess I should read the description. Although it was nice learning about different kinds of vampires.
Veronica
Nov 03, 2016
Ash Mill
Mar 23, 2016
Craig Hoots
Nov 29, 2015
Chris McGowan
rated it did not like it
Feb 11, 2017
Sep 17, 2020
Jjshd
Nov 03, 2020

• Kobold Guide to Magic
  • First Bite (A Bite of the Past, #0.5)
  • Fifty-One
  • The Heir of Logres (Pendragon's Heir #3)
  • Shadows of Hemlock (Sequel to Apricots and Wolfsbane)
  • Apricots and Wolfsbane
  • The Quest for Carbonek (Pendragon's Heir #2)
  • The Door to Camelot (Pendragon's Heir #1)
  • Death Becomes Her (The Kurtherian Gambit #1)
  • The Paper Magician
  • Boy's Life
  • The Straw Doll Cries at Midnight (Tiger Lily #2)
  • Mind of Mercusine (Starside Saga #3)
  • A Very Private Grave (Monastery Murders, #1)
  • Hive Magic  (Empire of War and Wings #2)
  • A Raven's Dream (Starside Saga #2)
  • The Shadline Rises (Starside Saga #6)
  • The Raven Throne (Starside Saga #4)

Dani Hoots is a science fiction, fantasy, romance, and young adult author who loves anything with a story. She has a B.S. in Anthropology, a Masters of Urban and Environmental Planning, a Certificate in Novel Writing from Arizona State University, and a BS in Herbal Science from Bastyr University.

Currently she is working on a YA urban fantasy series called Daughter of Hades, a YA urban fantasy

A World of Vampires (2 books)
  • A World of Vampires: Volume 2