Start by marking “Leadership Mosaic: 5 Leadership Principles for Ministry and Everyday Life” as Want to Read:
Leadership Mosaic: 5 Leadership Principles for Ministry and Everyday Life

Leadership Mosaic: 5 Leadership Principles for Ministry and Everyday Life

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
There's a leadership crisis in the church.

Every leadership model claims to have all the answers to the challenges of leadership. Each perspective emphasizes certain qualities, and we search desperately for answers in the absence of clear direction. But there's no simple leadership formula that meets every need we have in life and ministry.

Challenging the conventional wisdo
Published October 31st 2016 by Crossway Books

To ask other readers questions about Leadership Mosaic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leadership Mosaic

Joel Ken
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
The Triune God is represented more truthfully by a team of leadership. This one notion will itself critique the Western desire to find its one gifted leader, an unfortunate perpetuation of the great man myth. In fact, “the complexity of the world is a witness to the complexity and greatness of our God,” (p. 22) which is to say that a complex God has given way to a complex world that cannot be guided by narrow leadership but, rather, a complex one. This is the essence of Mosaic Leadership. The au ...more
Rand Hall
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
The chapters on courage and collaboration stood out to me (and the rest fell flat). My guess is that you might be attracted to the chapters that best fit your leadership style...which is a shame since the author builds a case for the full mosaic.

The charts, figures, and tables were great. The summary material and exercises were good as well. An extensive bibliography is included.
Matthew Henry
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
It was fair. Honestly just seemed like more of the same in this recent slew of books on leadership. Nothing new was presented nor nothing overtly helpful.

Two questions I walked away with were: Did he really read all of the books and articles footnoted? And has he really read all the books suggested st the end of his book?
Daniel Markin
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
I felt less excited about leadership after reading the book. It lacked urgency and drive to become a greater leader, and replaced it with a floating sense of being a leader. Love the cover art though. Aesthetic is 5/5.
Michael Watt
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first word that comes to my mind about this book is, “Wow!” Next to Paul David Tripp’s book, “Dangerous Calling”, no book has challenged me, comforted me, and convicted me more about leading others on mission than Daniel’s and Jared’s book, “Leadership Mosaic.” Leadership books can be big on vision, but lack on practicality. Others can be heavy on application with little talk about vision and philosophy. This book challenges leaders to dream and to trust God for the future but admonishes us ...more
E
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
What makes a good Christian leader? Montgomery offers five traits of any such successful leader.

First, they are convictional. They embody what they believe. They seek to follow the Word and will of God by practicing what they preach.
Second, they are creative. Not as in "artsy" but as in "imagining the way forward." This is associated with "vision," which seems more highly desired than anything else in leaders these days.
Next, they are courageous. They take risks. They try to see where God is alr
Jack Hayne
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Chapter 3 is worth the price of the book.
Darryl Dash
Zach Bradley
May 13, 2017
Bobby
Mar 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Some really good content. The best part of this book for me was that it was written in such a way that it makes it easy to use it as a resource later on.
Sam Luce
Ryan Robertson
Dec 28, 2016
Ben Pilgreen
Jan 02, 2017
Daniel Montgomery is founding pastor of Sojourn Community Church, a multi-site congregation with three campuses in Louisville, Kentucky and one in New Albany, Indiana. Sojourn began in 2000 with about sixty people and has grown into a community of nearly four thousand. Daniel now serves Sojourn as pastor of teaching, leadership, and church planting. He has served on a leadership task force for the ...more
More about Daniel Montgomery