Start by marking “Finding Unauthorized Faith in Harry Potter” as Want to Read:
Finding Unauthorized Faith in Harry Potter

Finding Unauthorized Faith in Harry Potter

The Harry Potter story as a guide to life's deepest truths, offering inspiration about faith, friendship, courage, loyalty, love, and other wisdom of the Bible. Advice on how to to live like Christ and Harry Potter heroes.
Published July 13th 2015 by Hickey's Books (first published June 9th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Unauthorized Faith in Harry Potter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Unauthorized Faith in Harry Potter

Start your review of Finding Unauthorized Faith in Harry Potter
J.C. Morrows
OK . . . WOW!

And I really mean WOW!

Nicole Rivera has a gold mine in this wonderful devotional! This book has not only given me a new appreciation for one of my all-time favorite book series, it has shown me a wonderful new look into the story behind the story!

I dont know if I ever would have connected all of those dots. Of course, I never saw the Biblical significance in the Narnia stories either until someone pointed them out to me. That is the brilliance of such stories (or rather parables).
Danielle
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harry Potter. There isn't a muggle in our world who doesn't know his name. He took over bookshelves, the box office and, and has now branched out even further as academic and analytical texts are sprouting up to discuss the boy who lived.
A large portion of these texts revolve around the role of religion in the series, specifically Christianity, and where readers can learn about faith through this boy wizard. Indeed I can attest to being a huge supporter of the theory that the Potter books carry
Sue
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This started as an academic thesis, and has been adapted into a series of short devotions based on quotations from the Harry Potter books. I was delighted to be offered a coupon for a free pre-publication version for my Kindle.

There are about ninety sections in all, each focusing on one scene or conversation from the books, pointing to different steps in the Christian walk. There are at least as many Scriptural quotations as there are from JK Rowlings works, which point to or complement the
Jordan Bates
Finding Unauthorized Faith in Harry Potter by Nicole L. Rivera
Purchased: Received ARC from Author for honest review
My Rating: 2 of 5 Stars

What's it all about:
So I dont really know how to describe this book. It is about God and Harry Potter. That is about as much as I can say. This is the press release that the author put out in regards to her book. It gives a little more detail that maybe I cant describe as well.

Nicole L Rivera, Creative Team Manager for the Harry Potter fansite, MuggleNet,
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
I used to look at certain things and decide if they were of this world or heaven sent. Yet the one thing I realized is that while the enemy can use everything to bring about our own fall and for his purpose, the God of Heaven can do the same thing. While there has been an ongoing debate over whether Christians should watch Harry Potter or not based on their ability to cast spells and battle the darkness as witches and wizards, I firmly believe goodness can come from the dark if we are willing to ...more
Rachel
Nov 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

When I first heard of this book, I was interested. I have read devotionals in the past the centered on a popular book but Harry Potter was unique because of the controversy concerning the series. Also, upon seeing the movies and currently reading the series, I can see where more can be taken from the books than just a great story but something deeper. And the author worked really had on it. Unfortunately, I did not find it that engaging. Sometimes the message was really quick or quoted
Ashley Dawn
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was completely intrigued when I saw this book and have to say that it didn't disappoint in the least! Nicole Rivera's book takes the Harry Potter books and links them to Bible Passages in a devotional book. The devotional is easy to read and follow. There are links between scripture and what she is telling. While this is a devotional, it is not written from a 'high and mighty' standpoint but from a humble one and I completely and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I adore the Harry Potter books and while
Kath
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An interesting view on the series reminding us to also follow our dreams!
Kory & Heidi Janneke
Aug 04, 2015
Joy
Jan 26, 2016
Nicole Rivera
Oct 20, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Emily
Ted
Amanda
Jane

• Writing for Story: Craft Secrets of Dramatic Nonfiction
  • Aristotle's Poetics for Screenwriters: Storytelling Secrets from the Greatest Mind in Western Civilization
  • The Hobbit, Part One
  • Where the Wild Things Are
  • The Giving Tree
  • Indescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids About God and Science
  • Finding Faith in a Minecrafty World: 80 A-to-Z (Kid Only) Survival Secrets [An Unofficial Guide]
  • Gospel According to Harry Potter: Spirituality in the Stories of the World's Most Famous Seeker
  • Drawing for beginners. How to Draw Anime Fast!: Illustrated Guide on Drawing Amazing Manga Pictures
  • 200 Harry Potter Trivia Questions - The Unofficial Wizard And Witch Training Guide With All The Facts (Unofficial Guide Book 3)
  • Harry Potter Patronus Book: The Unofficial Guide to Patronuses
  • How To Draw Harry Potter Characters: Learn to Draw Your Favourite Harry Potter Characters Step By Step
  • Minecrafters Creative Handbook: The Ultimate Building Book For Minecrafters. Best Construction, Structures and Creations For All Minecrafters. (Books For Minecrafters)
  • How To Draw Manga! - The Ultimate Step By Step Manga & Anime Tutorial To Get Started Right This Instant! *Beginners To Advanced Edition*
  • Drawing Anime Emotions: From Zero Step to Professional Drawing (Anime Drawing by Li Shen Book 2)
  • Memoirs of a Christian Who Chose Abortion
  • The Tales of Beedle the Bard (Hogwarts Library)
About the Author

Nicole L Rivera is a graduate of Perelandra College, which is where she began writing The Parable of Harry Potter series--now Finding Unauthorized Faith in Harry Potter (coming soon to print). She has a passion for using stories, parables, to explore faith and values in order to help herself and others understand Biblical truth and values in deep and entertaining ways.

When not