Start by marking “The Unkindest Cut (A Bridge Club Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Unkindest Cut (A Bridge Club Mystery, #2)

The Unkindest Cut (Bridge Club Mystery #2)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Emma Diamond, a recent widow with a passion for bridge, takes a retreat to the Texas Hill Country with her friends. The trip proves to be quite a thrilling spectacle in ways they never anticipated�because it�s also playing host to two battling bridge instructors. These professional contenders are infamous enemies� and only one will survive the weekend...
Published June 3rd 2008 by Obsidian (first published June 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Unkindest Cut, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unkindest Cut

AngryGreyCat
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mystery
Just finished this book, the second, and unfortunately to the best of my knowledge the last in the A Bridge Club Mystery series. I loved the Bridge theme. I used to play years ago and this was so much fun to “play” vicariously with Emma and her friends.

The series premise is a widow moves to a new home to be closer to her best friend for support and gets involved in a local bridge club. Through her activities with the club she stumbles on murders which she solves. The character of Emma is very be
AngryGreyCat
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Lynn Demsky
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I know like NOTHING of Bridge!! I was afraid to start this because I don’t play Bridge but YOU DON’T HAVE TO PLAY BRIDGE TO ENJOY THIS BOOK!!!! There were some bridge tips at the end of the book…..because the main character had bought a History of Bridge book during the story --- I did learn some interesting things about the history of cards! The characters in this book were believable, fun and could be your best friends and have never thought about week long Bridge T ...more
Susan
May 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-missouri
Widowed Emma and her friends Marylou and Sophie go to a country hotel to attend a bridge week. Marylou's friend Paula has convinced her to attend, to give moral support as Paula breaks up with her husband and goes back to her first husband. But when her current husband is found dead, there are so many suspects that the police can't even concentrate on Paula--there's his first wife, his son, Paula's first husband, the nasty receptionist at the hotel, and almost anyone else who has encountered him ...more
Dana Gill-Brown
Loved the lates in the series and cannot wait to read more. Emma is a great heroine and the authour has placed her in one of my facvorite places HOUSTON! I love this series and cannot wait for more.
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-loot-tbr
Cute book but I'm not a bridge player and the clues for solving it at the end were equally as cryptic to me. I had little knowledge of the biblical references for solving the mystery. The 3 main characters were likable but almost every other character seemed over the top.
Susan
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a lot of fun! I was worried I might not like it but no worry! The characters were people I would love to be friends with and the story moved along at a good pace. Unusual and enjoyable I would suggest it to anyone! I've read both and can't wait for there to be another in this series!
Sandybear76
another hobby mystery book. 3 friends travel to a bridge retreat in Texas. One of the famous bridge teachers is found dead in his hotel room.
Krystle Kouture
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cozy
Sooo many typos, and boring characters. Wouldn't read anything else by this author.
Meg
Dec 23, 2008 added it
Shelves: mystery
2nd book by this author, enjoy the topic. Not very good bridge book
Marty
Jan 22, 2009 rated it liked it
pretty good but not as good as the books he writes under his other names. The Wanda Nell Culpepper books under his psuedonym Jimmie Ruth Evans are better.
Andrea
Sep 14, 2010 rated it liked it
This book was good, but I think all the bridge talk was a bit much for me. The mystery was good though. I'd maybe give it a 3.5 if I could.
Bthrifty
Daphne
rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2010
Barbara
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2011
Beth Slater
Jun 26, 2011
Cecile
Jul 22, 2012
Honor Hartman is the pseudonym for a mystery author who has lived in Houston, Texas for over twenty-five years, has two cats and thousands of books, and plays bridge as often as possible.

Series:
* Bridge Club Mystery

Also writes as Dean James, Jimmie Ruth Evans, and Miranda James
More about Honor Hartman...

Bridge Club Mystery (2 books)
  • On The Slam: A Bridge Club Mystery