Start by marking “Happily Ever After: A Day in the Life of the HEA (Rook and Ronin, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Happily Ever After: A Day in the Life of the HEA (Rook and Ronin, #3.5)

Happily Ever After: A Day in the Life of the HEA

(Rook and Ronin #3.5)

"A little Christmas present for the #fans. No mystery, no killing, no twists, no guns. But I promise--you will smile the entire time." ~ JA Huss

**The Rook & Ronin Omnibus 3-Book Bundle is on sale for 99c right now!**

Life in Rook & Ronin's world has been bliss for fifteen years. Rook, Veronica, and Ashleigh are still BFF's raising their kids together. Ronin,
Published December 16th 2015 by Science Future Press

Start your review of Happily Ever After: A Day in the Life of the HEA (Rook and Ronin, #3.5)
Christy
5 stars!

photo F4D82347-D82E-4EF8-A6D9-77F65E6219F7_zpseizvathi.jpg

Nothing makes me happier than when I get MORE of my favorite characters in extra books, stories or novellas. The Rook & Ronin series and spin offs were some of my favorite books with some unforgettable characters. Julie has given us an incredible holiday novella were we get MORE of these characters all grown up. Not only do we get more of them, we get more of their kids. Specifically FIVE, Rory (Princess Shrike) and little Oliver Shrike.

This novella takes place 15 years after Guns
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 HEA Stars

”How does the time fly by so fast?”

J.A. Huss delivers a holiday novella that fans of the series will absolutely adore! The gang is sharing a mountain retreat in Vail, Colorado for the Christmas holiday. It's set about fifteen years since we last saw this cast of characters. I MISSED these guys so damn much and my heart soared through the pages of their individual HEAs and that they are all still so very close.

The story is told in Ford, Five, Spencer and Ronin’s POVS. If you’re
Beverly
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hello perfection. The Rook and Ronin Series is where I initially fell in love with Julie’s writing. Ronin, Ford and Spencer are some of my most favorite characters ever. I loved watching them fall in love with their significant others just as much as I loved the unpredictable suspense in the plots.

HEA truly is a gift to the fans of this series. There aren't any guns, crazy plots twists or suspenseful moments, the story fast forwards 15 years and shows us where our favorite couples are at in
S.M. West
5 STELLAR STARS

I could seriously gush endlessly about this novella! Yeah, I'm that much of a goner for Ronin, Rook, Ford, Ash, Spencer and the Bomb Ronnie!

This is a day in the life of the holy Trinity -- Ronin, Ford and Spencer -- and their families on Christmas eve...if you're a die hard Julie fan, you'll understand the significance of Christmas eve when it comes to this bunch.

This was perfection in its imperfection of life.

Each couple is still very much in love as they take stock of
~♡AB♡~
4 Stars

Loved being back with this gang!

So this is a Christmas novella, Ronin, Ford and Spencer have 10 kids between them and they are still super awesome. I can't wait for Five and Rory's book, that will be a cracker :D

FYI Spencer is still my number 1!

"I'm the motherfucking boss of you, Bombshell and I am not fucking around this time."

Michelle
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Julie delivers everything in this bonus novella for her fans. In HEA we not only get the stories of all the characters we’ve loved for the last few years and their mini-team of kids, but we get the setup of the Five & Rory book that releases in 2016.

A Day in the Life is a theme that Julie has held throughout this series with Slack and Bomb; a day in the life of the team on Christmas Eve. HEA is no different. Each of our favorite couples have grown in the last fifteen years; we get the
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 375f120a6e1c5a1fc5a3c32a312ca6_zpsqqqf7rol.gif

#HEA_JA

OMG...Did JA Huss write a happy and sweet book with no suspense or plot twist? Yep, she sure did and let me just say that this novella left me smiling and grinning from ear to ear. Happily Ever After: A Day in the Life of the HEA (ROOK+RONIN) was just what I needed this Holiday Season. This sweet novella was jam packed with so much LOVE. It reminded me once again as to why I LOVE Rook, Ronin, Spencer, Veronica, Ford, Ashleigh and
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

We can’t really say much about Happily Ever After – as it would spoil an entire series – other than we bloody loved it. It was all about happiness and love – it felt like a group hug from all the much loved characters we’ve spent such a long journey with, since the beginning in 2013. We read this with a perma-smile on our faces and a melting heart!

“…there will always be an us.”

An amazing epilogue in a Christmas setting – JA Huss we LOVE you for this, thank you, it’s just what we needed and it
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
description

“…there will always be an us.”

Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms

This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Fucking Huss! I cried so many happy tears during this novella! It was like coming home! Happily Ever After was like I had never left Rook & Ronin, Ford and Ashleigh, Spencer and Ronnie behind, reading other stories. And kids growing up too fast hit me in the chest - that is SO true. And I wish this novella was a boxed set of several full novels - I didn't want to leave again.
My Happily Ever After review:
Re-visiting with the
~Kristin~
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
The Rook and Ronin along with Ford, and Spencer's series are together one of my favorite all time series, and this book looking ahead at what their families become was such a treat. I loved seeing the kids as well as reconnecting with all of the couples. I am beyond excited for Five and Rory's story!
Grace
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Right after I finished Guns, I begged Julie for Five’s story. This book isn’t that, but it is so much more. This book felt like coming home. Rook and Ronin, Ford and Ashleigh, Spencer and Veronica. The whole gang was back, plus the addition of a whole lot of kids (Spencer seems to share the super sperm gene with Tucker Creed), especially Five and his Princess.

This is a quick read, but it covers a lot of HEAs. Told in multiple POVs, you get to catch up with everyone as they reflect on their lives
Brandi
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review

This book gets 5 stars for the simple fact that Five has his own storyline. It gets 5 stars because it's the perfect, mushy story that only Ford, Spencer, and Ronin could star in. These men have aged well and let's just say that they've still got it.

Spencer has a pack of princesses.
Ronin has his two birds.
Ford has Kate and Five.

And Five loves Princess Rory.

It's cute, sweet, mushy, and fucking perfect.

I can't wait until 2016!
Tahsin
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was sooooo good, and it sets the stage for Five and Rory's book and we get to see more of all the original couples and I freaking loved it!
Jen
A quick read, but I loved seeing the HEA's of our beloved characters from a series that I have always loved!
A must read for fans of Rook, Ronin, Spencer, and Ford; this is a must read!
Teresa
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 2016, 2017-5-stars
This is a re-read of this extended epilogue novella that I needed to revisit to recap with everyone in the Rook & Ronin (+ all spin-offs in this series) as "Five" has been released.

There is not much to add to my original review (which I just realised was done during the Brexit debacle). The highlights for me have been again:

* All three couples of the Rook & Ronin series and spin-offs are featured with their respective kids

* The narrative is split into all the guys's POV, plus Five's,
Bing
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing

A day in the life of the team..

There were so many characters I've read and loved over the years.. Characters that became like my fictional family. Ronin, Ford, Spencer and the whole team would remain one of my favorites. Getting my hand on this book gave me the feeling of spending Christmas with loved ones I haven't seen for a while. I truly missed the team!

The story was set 15 years after the last book but if you think my favorite guys have lost their mojos, think again! Children didn't affect
Jeannine
Weeeeee *throws glitter everywhere * I loved this so hard! This story made me so happy, I can't stop smiling! I love, love, love them all so much! It's great to see the place where everyone is at 15 years later. It makes my cold dead heart start to grow a little with all the love and happy in this book.

I am a huge Spencer lover so I pretty much loved everything with him in it. Holding a baby. Boom. Ovaries explode. Him talking to Five about Rory. I want to do several inappropriate things to his
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This was such a wonderful catch up with Rook & Ronin, Ashleigh & Ford and Spencer & Ronnie. They have all produced offspring and between them they have 10 children.

Every year they spend Christmas together in Vail at a home they all bought together. You can imagine the chaos of all of them in the same house. It is happy chaos though :)

We ride the holiday wave as they deal with teenage hormones, young love and independent kids who are so like their parents it's uncanny.

This was a
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A perfect present to open. A holiday treat for us forever fans. I feel all fuzzy inside, I need to go shave my legs too. And the ending made my life.

The Team gathers for Christmas Eve, surprises, heartfelt moments, and total devotion. I had goosebumps and happy tears reading this. I just fucking love these characters, what can I say.

I'm keeping this short. Thank you, Hussinator for bringing to life a group of epic characters, they will always hold a special spot in my heart.
SusanAhh
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"That Special First Kiss"
Joy is the overriding emotion I felt after reading this lovely Christmas novella. The reader involved in the entire series cannot help but feel absolute uplifting joy as these characters have grown into Mommies, Daddies with very special children. That they have come through the sorrows and troubles in the nighttime of their lives, That they took their special someone gifted to them by Fate or Providence or the Lord above and made some unique and beautiful offspring.
Krista
Shelves: 2015-reads
This novella proves that the most perfect HEAs are beautifully imperfect.

It has been nearly two years since JA Huss ended the amazing story of BFFs Ronin, Ford and Spencer, a.k.a. The Team, in Guns: The Spencer Book. Except for a few brief glimpses here and there in books about side characters from their story, all has been relatively quiet in Fort Collins, CO as the three couples got married, started families and settled down to live their lives. But, JA Huss is granting us a Christmas wish
Kimberly
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rook, Ronin, Spencer, Ford and the gang are back 15 years later and life is good, hectic, but good. It was nice catching up with all of these wonderful characters and their offspring. They are spending Christmas at the huge mansion in Vail, CO that they share, it has become a tradition for the crew. Everything is not all roses and sunshine, there is some angst and issues, but everyone is healthy and for the most part happy. The kids are the ones who really steal the show in this book, I loved ...more
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-favorites
5 Love Notes Stars

I love everything JA Huss produces. This novella was the perfect icing on top of the Christmas cookies for all of the Rook & Ronin, Ford & Ashleigh and Spencer & Veronica fans like me. Not only do we get more of them and their sexiness, but we also get to catch up with them and all of their kids.

We travel fifteen years into the future and learn that they all get together every year to spend Christmas Eve together. They have a giant house filled with six adults, ten
AnnMarie

I loved Ford's story!! He is my favorite Rook & Ronin bad boy.

And ever since the author hinted there would be more Five, I have been impatiently patiently waiting and now ITS HERE!!!

I am so freaking giddy with excitement!!!

Merry Christmas to me!!!

Mindy Lou's Book Review
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received ARC for an honest review.

I always wonder what life would be like for my favorite fictional characters after all is said and done and this book gives you that glimpse into the future. It was sweet and funny and everything I would wish for for our favorite couples. I adore reading how these tough men soften with fatherhood and seeing how they deal with typical parenting issues...and some not so typical parenting issues. I loved it and I can't wait for Five and Rory's continuation.
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My love affair with JA Huss' books started with this series. I loved every character, the whole crazy ride. This book was everything I hoped it would be. It gave me the warm, fuzzy feelings I love and I couldn't put it down. Thank you JA for giving us this FANTASTIC Christmas present. Loved it!!
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
P E R F E C T !!!!

I'm so excited for spring!!!!
Carissa
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

awe this is such a cute ending to the series. i loved these check ins with everyone. i cant believe the next generation is happening
Naomi
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

Happily Ever After is a must read for those of you that have read and fell in love with Rook & Ronin, Ford & Ashleigh, Spencer & Veronica, and want to see more of them and their growing gang of children… especially Five! It was a quick, sweet read that I eagerly devoured, and it made me realise how much I love and miss this world and all of the characters.

Happily Ever After is a Christmas novella that showed us what the whole crew are up to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
C.D.'s Canaries: Rook and Ronin HEA BR 12/21/15 30 47 Jan 02, 2016 05:31PM

• Pretty Scars
  • Thief of Hearts (Hearts, #5)
  • Shuttergirl
  • Neighborhood Watch (Twin Estates, #4)
  • Blind Obsession
  • The Neighborhood (Twin Estates, #2)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Tristan (The Ruins of Emblem #1)
  • The Imperfections
  • Sins Duet (Sins Duet, #1-2)
  • Block Party (Twin Estates, #3)
  • Damaged (Omega’s Destruction, #2)
  • Exposed (The Billionaire Banker, #2.1)
  • Cassius  (Wildflower, #3)
  • Anton's Grace (Braxians #1)
  • Trish, Just Trish (This Can't Be Happening, #2)
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings #4)
  • What We Do in the Light (Day to Night, #2)
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic ...more

Rook and Ronin (3 books)
  • Tragic (Rook and Ronin, #1)
  • Manic (Rook and Ronin, #2)
  • Panic (Rook and Ronin, #3)