Start by marking “The Lost and the Found” as Want to Read:
The Lost and the Found

The Lost and the Found

Fans of Lucy Christopher’s Stolen, Caroline B. Cooney’s The Face on the Milk Carton, and Natasha Preston’s The Cellar will be captivated by this twisty psychological thriller about an abducted girl who finally returns home to her family—but is she really who she claims to be?

THE LOST
When six-year-old Laurel Logan was abducted, the only witness was her younger sister, Fa
Published September 13th 2016 by Crown Books for Young Readers (first published April 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost and the Found, please sign up.
James Orrell The book is aimed at young adults but there are some Chapters that I don't recommend for sub 14-year-olds

Lola
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This book has a killer twist.

The kind of twist that makes you question everything you’ve just read. You will feel compelled to mentally rewind the story to try to spot the clues leading to the big revelation that is so, so worth it.

I now realize that I settled for less than I should have. I really did think it would only be about a family coping with the return of their long lost daughter whom they thought they would never again see.

It’s so much more than that. I don’t want to give to
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Thank you to Quercus Books for sending my workplace a copy for review!
What a rollercoaster! I didn't go into this book with many expectations so I was extremely surprised to come out of the reading experience gushing about how good this book was. I'll start of by saying that my biggest fear is being kidnapped so I probably shouldn't read books like this, but for some reason I find them so fascinating. I loved that this book followed what happens after Laurel is found and how she and her family c
Karla
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

I have been wanting to read this book for a long time, but for whatever reason I kept putting it off. Boy I'm glad I finally did!

"The Lost And The Found" is the story of Faith, when she was 4 she witnessed the kidnapping of her 6 year old sister Laurel. After 13 years Laurel is found wondering around her old child home clutching her favorite teddy bear.

This story had me captivated with its twists and turns and even though I kinda figured out some things I wanted to see how it played o
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
Have you ever wanted something so badly that your whole life is centred around it?

Faith is sure that if only her older sister Laurel could come back from wherever it is she has been taken, that all will once again be right in her world. Her life has been dominated by Laurel's disappearance, and Faith feels somehow responsible - why had the abductor taken Laurel and not her?

But when Laurel returns, thirteen years later, all is not as Faith had imagined. Dark and disturbing things happen that lea
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It's hard to resist a good mystery that is filled with twists and dark turns and that leaves you questioning everything and lets face it, who doesn't love a book that makes you frantically flip through the pages until the very end? There aren't many of us that can resist them.

This book is ever mothers nightmare. The possibility, the horror that one of your children could be taken away from you in the blink of an eye with no leads, no suspects, and no where to turn. It is horrifying and chilling
Anne Goldschrift
Okay über das Ende kann man auf jeden Fall streiten (mein Fall war es jedenfalls nicht) aber alles in allem war das echt ein Top-Buch! Fette Buchempfehlung von mir :)
Maddie
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story so much! There was something about it that was unsettling the whole time, but the slow, slice-of-life pace meant that I'd always finish a chapter in a hurry for a big reveal. It was a great feeling, to be kept on edge for over 400 pages, and I absolutely did not see the final twist coming.

I'm an absolute sucker for stories that have sisters at the heart, and the attitudes of both Faith and Laurel were so interesting as they changed throughout the book. Faith was a great narra
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
I was really addicted to this story, but I think it was a bit too laboured. The whole premise is that the sister will come back after 13 years and the first 50 or so pages are the build up to that and I hate to say it but it dragged... BUT as soon as Laurel did appear I was engrossed. I wanted to know more about what had happened to her so desperately that I couldn't put the book down.

Faith was such a great character to follow because she had a lot of conflicting emotions. Obviously, she was rel
Milena
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this was surprisingly good.
3.5 ★
Cora Tea Party Princess
AUDIOBOOK

5 Words: Missing, family, lies, resent, love.

Well, that was not at all what I expected. I'm not even sure what I was expecting when I started this book.

But it was definitely a good surprise, and I will absolutely be reading/listening to more Cat Clarke.

I loved how there was this hint that something just wasn't quite right, but because of the situation you didn't want to question it. And I loved the way it ended when everything came to a head, not quite what I expected!
Brookebook
i thought this would be interesting because i like books about abduction but it was more dull than i thought it would be. i was disappointed.
Jordan
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Ok. Alors je viens de finir PERDUE ET RETROUVÉE et je ne sais pas, une fois de plus, si je dois détester Cat Clarke parce qu'elle rend l'écriture de mes chroniques vraiment hyper compliquée à chaque roman qu'elle écrit ou alors devenir encore plus fou amoureux d'elle pour cela. Cette lecture est un joli coup de cœur, une histoire à la fois troublante, anxiogène et vraiment, vraiment passionnante. C'est bien la toute première fois de ma vie que je lis un li
lebe.liebe.lese [Tina]
Puuuh. 3 Sterne. Wobei ich eigentlich nur 2 geben wollte. 🤔
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Jen Ryland
I have a weird obsession with stories about people who could - or not - be who they seem to be. There's something so creepy about thinking that you know who someone is, but that they could really be someone else.

The Lost and the Found is a story about Faith, whose older sister disappeared when they were both young children. Thirteen years later, Faith is a teenager and her mom receives a call -- Faith's sister has turned up.

I loved the subtlety of this story, which manages to a) describe the ter
Rhiannon Hart
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A family thriller that tackles one of the darkest subjects. The Lost and the Found is a pacey read told through the eyes of Faith, the sister who wasn't taken. Now seventeen, she misses her sister and hates what Laurel's disappearance did to her family, but she's also tired, fed up and cranky. Then Laurel returns. It's the miracle they were always hoping for. They can finally have what Faith has always wanted: a normal, boring family. But the press won't leave them alone, and what's worse, Laure ...more
Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 3.5 stars

This review was originally posted at https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/

I received an e-ARC of this book from Random House Children’s and Crown Books for Young Readers via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Critically
Plot – 3.5 out of 5 stars
This book was intense and powerful the entire way through. It’s so emotional and shocking and complicated. There was mystery and suspense. The whole story was complicated and you never really know where you stand w
TeoM
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claire (Book Blog Bird)

Faith Logan’s childhood has been dominated by her sister Lauren’s abduction, so thirteen years later when a girl turns up at the Logans’ old house holding Laurel’s old teddy bear, it’s like a miracle has happened. But things aren’t always as they seem and as Laurel’s behaviour gets more erratic, Faith starts to get paranoid.

I really liked the writing style throughout the book - Faith had a slightly sarcastic narrative that took the edge off a pretty depressing subject matter - but I did
Kate (GirlReading)
The Lost and The Found was a book I was so excited to read. The synopsis gripped me from the moment I read it and for the most part it didn't disappoint. It was fast paced and I really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't love me not was the fact that I guessed the plot twist within a few chapters so I kind of lost that suspense. I'm not sure wether the reason I guessed it is because I've read to many thrillers or because the ending was quite obvious? Nevertheless I did really enjoy it and I thin ...more
Trevor
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, 2017, dl
Stef White
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing Cat Clarke book with an ending that both annoys me and makes me happy :)
Mae
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dom-rep
The Lost and The Found by Cat Clarke

Writing:

I've been a fan of Cat Clarke for a while, so when I received The Lost and The Found in the mail, I was overjoyed. Obviously, when you dive into a book where the author has written amazing books before, you have high expectations. Cat Clarke's writing is perfect for YA.

She somehow manages to perfectly capture the thoughts and feelings of a teenager, without actually being a teenager herself. She writes to an extent that if the protagonist hates a chara
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
I hate being a black sheep, guys. Anyway. I didn't hate this book or anything. But I had read so many great reviews that maybe my expectations were too high? No, I didn't dislike it, I just... felt nothing toward it either way. In fairness, I guessed what was happening really early on, and turned out to be right, so I guess that is pretty anticlimactic.

What I liked:

The family stuff.
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Cat Clarke has got be with out a doubt one of my favourite YA authors. I've read nearly all of her books and have highly enjoyed every one of them.

The majority of this authors books tend to be along the lines of suicide and sexuality which makes The Lost and the Found stand out slightly with it being a totally different story line.

The Lost and the Found is a bit of a slow burner, not in a bad way though. Whilst not as dark as her other books, there is just something about this story line that
Lucie
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Retrouver sa sœur après 13 ans est une histoire perturbante. Faith est un personnage très émouvant, elle a toujours vécue dans l'ombre d'une sœur qu'elle n'a jamais connu et apprendre à vivre avec une inconnue peut s'avérer étouffant. J'ai toujours un peu de mal avec Cat Clarke, mais ses romans sont tellement particulier, que je me laisse tenter, malgré un début un peu plat, l'histoire retrouve son souffle vers la fin.

Ma Chronique : https://luxnbooks.wordpress.com/2015/...
Victoria
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un très bon livre YA, avec une héroïne très attachante et une ambiance qui cloche de plus en plus... Perdue et retrouvée se dévore!
M.J. J Mallon
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I picked up a signed copy of The Lost and The Found at The Edinburgh Book Festival. Here’s my link to my post if you’d like to see my write up of their talk – The Disappeared and my photo with Cat Clarke and Kat Ellis!!! https://kyrosmagica.wordpress.com/201...

My Thoughts:

Cover:

This is a very simple cover, and if I’m totally truthful I wasn’t particularly impressed. I must admit this little voice in my head kept on saying, couldn’t you think of something a bit more imaginative Cat ?!!!!!! It’s a
Tania (Real-Listen-Feel)

Ce roman n'est définitivement pas une déception, mais ce n'est pas non plus un coup de cœur.

On m'avait prévenue avant même que je commence ce roman. Cat Clarke, on aime ou on déteste. C'est aussi simple que ça. Je savais que c'était une auteure au style bien particulier, et même si je n'ai pas adoré ce roman, je suis fière de pouvoir dire que j'ai enfin lu un Cat Clarke. Franchement, ça manquait à ma culture.

Dans ce roman, on fait la connaissance de Faith qui a 17 ans. Toute sa vie, ell
Book Outlet
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, young-adult
3.5/5. This book was interesting as I really enjoyed following the MC's emotional journey. I kind of predicted the ending a little bit but I found the attention on missing children and on morals really intriguing.
  • All of the Above
  • In the Blood
  • Othergirl
  • Land
  • Nothing Tastes as Good
  • The Boy Meets Girl Massacre (Annotated)
  • Close Your Eyes
  • Snakes & Ladders
  • Against the Claw (Lobster Shack Mystery, #2)
  • Mother Tongue
  • Waiting for the Storm (Angel Island, #1)
  • Are You Still There
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
Cat was born in Zambia and brought up in Edinburgh and Yorkshire, which has given her an accent that tends to confuse people.

Cat has written non-fiction books about exciting things like cowboys, sharks and pirates, and now writes YA novels. She lives in Edinburgh with a couple of cats, Jem and Scout, who spend their days plotting to spit up furballs at the most inconvenient times. She likes chees
“I wish she knew that there are other options besides “complete and utter breakdown” and “plastic smile, everything's fine." There's a middle ground, waiting to be found.” 3 likes
“I lean into him and tuck my head into that space between his head and his shoulder—the space that I always thought was custom-made just for me.” 1 likes