Start by marking “Good Girl” as Want to Read:
Good Girl

Read Book

Good Girl

(Love Unexpectedly #2)

Lauren Layne brings all the unpredictable heat of her USA Today bestseller Blurred Lines to an all-new cast of characters! Country music’s favorite good girl is hiding away from the world—only to find herself bunking with a guy who makes her want to be a little bad.

Jenny Dawson moved to Nashville to write music, not get famous. But when her latest record goes doubl
Published May 17th 2016 by Loveswept

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{Netgalley ARC}

Somewhere in my heart, I know that it doesn't get better than what I'm feeling right now. Not just the physical pleasure, although that's certainly there, in a major way. But the way he watches me when he thinks I'm not looking, the thoroughness with which he takes care of me and Dolly, the quiet goodness of him...
I want this. I want it all with him, no matter how short our time together.

*****4.5 STARS*****
{Netgalley ARC}

I want this. I want it all with him, no matter how short our time together.

photo bceed066b6a9b4edae9cafa87ff97436_zpsdynoup05.jpg

I’ve read a ton of Lauren Layne books so far and I know that this lady can seriously write a good romcom. She also has the knack for writing stories with gut-wrenching angst as well. Good Girl has that couple that starts off seriously hating each other while at the same time they have an undeniably strong attraction for one another as well. This combination makes for some incredible SCHMEXY times!!

Jenny Dawson is country music’s latest ”IT GIRL”. Her agent had her move out to Hollywood to boost her popularity with her fans, but Jenny hasn’t really loved living so far away from her family and close friends back in Tennessee. The paparazzi have been pretty cruel about her current weight issues in the tabloids, but she’s been somewhat taking it all in stride. Her life is about to become fodder for the front page of all the gossip magazines and social media sites when an actor she barely knows and only spoke briefly to at an awards show, starts spreading ridiculous rumors about her. He claims they had an affair that is currently jeopardizing his marriage. Soon other B-List actors are jumping on the bandwagon spreading lies about her whorish ways, and poor Jenny gets falsely labeled a homewrecker. This has her running from Hollywood to a place in Glory, Louisiana, that she remembers being a safe haven for her when she was a young girl. It’s also the place where she got inspired to write her first album and she’s hoping that it will help her get her creative juices flowing again.

Noah Maxwell, aka Preston Walcott, is the owner of the once musician’s retreat that Jenny has booked a room at to escape the current tabloid frenzy. The place is pretty much falling apart and up until Jenny called to rent out the place, Noah actually had no idea of its existence. Since he’s currently trying to escape drama in his personal life, he decides to stay at the retreat while also taking on some much-needed DIY projects.

When the two meet, they instantly form misguided opinions of each other and the insults start flying pretty quickly. But there is this underlying serious heat between them as well. Jenny thinks that Noah is the caretaker of the retreat and that his best friend, Vaughn, is Preston Walcott, the owner of the establishment. So Noah decides to go along with the charade. Noah is good at throwing the dirty innuendos at Jenny and momma mia, that scene where he just shows up in her bedroom while she is taking care of her needs??!!!!! That could be one of the HOTTEST scenes LL has written to date!

Here’s a first for me. Even though Noah is supposed to be incredibly hot and definitely a good lay, I had a really hard time liking him. He was just too much of a douchebag. I didn’t like his hot & cold attitude towards Jenny, and sometimes he was just downright cruel. I loved Jenny and hated that he would throw insults at her that would cut her so deep. I do enjoy when a couple has a ”love to hate” each other dynamic, but the hero is always adorably cocky and impossible not to fall in love with. Noah was just a straight up jerk with an enormous chip on his shoulder. I didn’t find him very attractive, and definitely not worthy of Jenny’s affections.

But as the story progresses, light is shed on why Noah is so bitter and untrusting of people. He’s had a pretty hard life and when he’s reunited with his wealthy father, he was forced to be someone he wasn’t. Noah didn’t enjoy running with the affluent crowd. He was also in a relationship with a woman who only cared about social status and whom he was not the least bit in love with. Now Noah just wants to live a simple life with a woman who truly wants to share it with him. Is Jenny the woman for him? Can she give up her life as country music’s sweetheart and live in the middle of Glory, Louisiana with Noah?

So towards the latter 30% of the story, my heart warmed up to Noah. I loved how he would come to Jenny’s rescue when she needed him and that he even adored her tiny Pomeranian, Dolly!! Oh my, God, did I love that little furball too!!

This book was just utterly enjoying from beginning to end. I laughed, I cried a little, and I seriously got turned on by the crazy hot steam! I honestly have to say this one packs a punch with the schmexy!!

Good Girl releases tomorrow! Be sure to one-click!!!!

photo 17631979_zpsogt4rrvf.png
Sarah Toussaint
Oct 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book was so DULL!

I read books to feel excited and bittersweet when it's over, so I truly dislike the experience when I can't actually wait for a book to end.

And that is what this book made me think throughout.

And that's not mentioning the 22-year-old, unrelated and unlikable heroine and the cheesy and annoying romance.

I won't rule out this author but that was the second book of hers that didn't make a good impression on me whatsoever.

So I'm t
NiCoLeTa E.
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
***4 "Princess!" stars***

Alright!!! This book was soooo good!!!
I had such a pleasant time while i was reading it...
It was funny, crazy, easygoing, at times emotional and i enjoyed every single moment in it!!!!

The characters were adorable and the plot very cute!!!
I loved it!!! It was soooo refreshing!!!

Well, Jenny Dawson is only 22 years old and her music carreer is on its pick... She is a very famous country singer and she is trying to write the songs of her new album with not much of s""
• Lisa •
Mar 30, 2016 rated it liked it

THREE COUNTRY STARS.

"To fit into each other’s lives, they’ll need the courage to face their problems together."

description

This book right here was one of my most anticipated releases of 2016. Any Layne release is guaranteed to get me excited and I was no different with this latest book by bestselling Author, Lauren Layne. 'Good girl' is a sweet, sexy contemporary romance novel with a splash of glamour and country charm and even though this time around it didn't completely win me over I still found it to be a likeable reSTARS.
Jeanne
I can't believe I'm giving a LL book this rating. She is one of my top favorite, auto buy authors. I usually love her books, and I had high expectations of this one, I mean...look at that cover! When I pick up one of her books, I'm looking forward to a classy, grown-up romance, with awesome banter and memorable, well developed characters. I have swooned over so many of her male leads!

Good Girl, in my opinion, is a cheesy, typical NA novel, filled with eye roll inducing, cringeworthy dialogue, and of
Robin (Bridge Four)
I have a love hate relationship with New Adult novels. I either get completely absorbed into the story and love the characters or they are just too young for me and I spend most of my time rolling my eyes at them. It is a really fine line.

Luckily Good Girl falls more on the line of Love and that is all because of Jenny.

In a twitterwars world where social media and tabloid media seems to sometime combine and everyone can have an opinion on absolutely anything and everything I could totally/>Luckily
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ by: Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

3.5 to 4 stars. Prejudices. We all have them.

We can deny it all we want, and perhaps you're Mère Thérésa, but I'm not free of them. That doesn't mean that I'm judging people according to them, and I mentally slap myself more often than not, but they exist. I started this novel with a shit tons of them : I've read many reviews for Good Girl in the past year and apart from a selected few (yes that's you Chelsea, yes you were right, alright alright alright), they made me expect an awful male-lead, a doormat he
Dali
#99cents SALE 01/20/2017

An entertainingly hot and zesty romance about a young country singer who while attempting to disappear from prying eyes, mainly the world in general, ends up cohabitating with a man that drives her crazy with equal measures of disdain and desire. Which will win out?

Jenny Dawson’s up and coming fame has made her a center of attention. From paparazzi fixating on her burrito baby belly to rumors and lies about her been too familiar with married men in showbiz. Jenny loves her music and01/20/2017
Jen
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Louisiana Nights Stars!

Jenny Dawson, 22 year old country singer who has moved to L.A. To "make it" or at least that's what her publicist told her. She's supposed to be there writing her music for her third album, but instead she's gotten caught up in what all of the gossip magazines are writing about her.
"My biggest fear is that I've lost the music."

Enter Shawn Bates, a successfu
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
2 stars

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think there may be too much sex in this book. I know right?! Is there such a thing??! I just wasn't expecting this from a LL book. To be honest the storyline from the very beginning wasn't really my cuppa but I thought for LL I'll soldier through. Turns out the famous person storyline was the least of my worries. I was missing the LL banter. I found the hero an idiot and the heroine with no backbone. I'm sad to say I didn't get my LL swoons while
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne Fans, Romance
3 Trying To Just Be Stars
* * * Spoiler Free
Today's Notoriety is very different than the past. Before, people in the Entertainment Industry as well as those of Mega Wealth could live with an ability to control what the public thought of them. There was a distance and type of respect, whether merited or not, which caused a bit of awe. This made them even more intriguing... less accessible, I think. Today with the advent of the Net and 24/7 cable outlets combined with everyone with a blog and/ or smartphone...these*
Jen
4 Burrito Baby Stars

"How was it? The kiss, I mean?” Noah doesn’t look back.
“What, you want like a star rating?”
"No, I just . . . you kiss different from the boys I know.”
"Well, maybe that’s your problem,” he says, still not looking at me. “You’ve been kissing boys.”

Country singer Jenny Dawson can't seem to catch a break. When a larger than normal burrito and the inevitable pooch that comes with it gets mistaken for a baby bump, a girl has to laugh. When a non-existent affair with a married pretty boy pop singer is all TMZ wantStars
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Though I enjoyed this read, Jenny put up with way too much @$$h073 behavior from Noah. He was very push and pull. I get it. He's been burned. But dang, it's not Jenny's fault. I did like how they interacted with all that sarcasm and sensual tension. I definitely want my very own pink zip ties :) The story held my attention beginning to end. Jenny's a great heroine despite her letting certain uncalled for things fly. When Noah wasn't being a jerk, he was muy sexy and a great dirty talker :-p The ...more
Michelle
ARC provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo 93574d8f346dc295ecab10f8428d82_zpszoqeqxrp.gif

The Good Girl by Lauren Layne was a sweet, heartfelt love story with that added splash of country thrown into the mix. When it comes to reading a Lauren Layne book, I can assure readers that you can always expect her stories to be sexy, sweet and bea
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Lauren Layne has done it again! Good Girl was sizzling sexy, laugh out loud funny and pulled at my heartstrings! Upon closing that last page I knew that Good Girl was easily one of my favorite books of this year. I mean, I read it in one sitting. And that happens once a blue moon for me. But I couldn't put it down. I didn't even fake promise myself the 'only one more chapter' line. Nope. I devoured this story!

Good Girl played out in my head as though I was watching a movie. And out of all of Lauren Layne's boostory!
Good
Claire Robinson
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 - "America's good girl just went bad." Stars!

Good Girl was so nearly a five star read for me, but once again I found that I struggled with the first person POV, in that for me, it took away the depth and level of emotion I felt was required in certain parts of the story, especially in the early stages of Jenny and Noah’s relationship.

I loved the dynamic between the pair of them though, in that NoahStars!
Good
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
*Updated with Safety Gang notes*

So I've not been shy about the fact that I don't particularly like books about bands or singers, they're often clichéd, full of obsessed fans, drink, drugs, STDs etc. But this book really worked and it's mostly because her music career was in the background. Obviously it's a big part of the story - she wants to escape bad publicity and wait for the heat to die down - but the focus was on the build up and romance with Noah.

Sometimes when boo
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
LIVE- http://amzn.to/1Oxuwsd

4.25 Love/Hate Romance - Stars!

photo 962615D4-E7B9-4E18-90B2-503FD01B1FBD_zpssr9kgzfg.jpg

Lauren Layne never ceases to deliver an enjoyable read for me. Good Girl is one of those angsty great love stories where there's that fine line between love and hate. A grouchy low-maintenance hero coupled with a seemingly high maintenance country music sensation. Throw them into the same place for weeks on end and theyhttp://amzn.to/1Oxuwsd
4.25
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

*ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

“A little more time, Vaughn,” I say quietly. “I hate having to say this out loud, but I’m…I’m reeling, man. I feel like I’ve been in an aimless free-fall for years, and this place…it’s helping. I don’t know why, I don’t know how, but it’s helping.”
He searches my face carefully. “You sure it’s the place?” he asks slowly. “Or is it the girl?”

photo tumblr_inline_n9m1nwb3Bg1qhnyca_zpsj2iwsf0w.gif

Romance is an escape. It’s a good break from the hardcore fantasy and soul-crushing dystopian. And, most imp
Norah Una Sumner
"I survive the first week of being Jenny Dawson's bitch.
Oh, I'm sorry, I mean caretaker of her run-down place."

Lauren Layne is my love. She knows exactly what I need after a long and stressful week full of exams. Something beautiful, light-but-no-too-light, with a tear-jerking HEA.

description

I liked both Jenny and Noah and their amazing dogs, of course! Ranger is da boss. I think Lauren Layne incredibly rea
Alice
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Jenny Dawson is a famous countrysinger, always followed by paparazzi, her life always on display. Unfortunately, she's now on all tabloids not because of her music, but because of a scandal, even though everything they say is false.
She needs to concentrate on music and on her next album, so she decides to go back to the ranch where she wrote her first album...that's where she meets Preston Noah Maxwell Walcott, the owner of the estate, who decides to tell her that he's the caretaker... theycaretaker...
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
4.5 Country Stars

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Noah, Noah, Noah. My notes about you read like this:

- jerk
- grumpy bastard
- wow, what an asshole
- prick

I found more colorful words for him but let's not get carried away.

Before I started this I thought it would be connected to Blurred Lines, the first
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

I really enjoyed this one, it was a fun read that I managed to devour in one sitting.

Jenny Dawson is a famous country singer who is looking for a retreat to escape some untrue scandals that the press are having a field day with, which leads her to a ranch in Louisiana.

Noah Maxwell Walcott is the owner of the ranch, but tricks her into thinking he is the caretaker. He has a few issues he's dealing with, and taking care of his run down farm seem to be helping him see things more clearly.

“It’s starting to feelclearly.
Francoise
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, arc, rom-com
4 Stars !

I enjoyed this light and refreshing romantic comedy. In true Lauren Layne’s style, this story was funny, sweet and sexy ! I loved both characters, they were likable and well developed. Their witty banter made me smile all through the story!

Country singer Jenny Dawson is America’s sweetheart. But after being wrongly accused of having an affair with a married man, the media pressure forces her to consider a change of scenery. She decides to go on a creative retreat in
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

I liked this story quite a bit. This one definitely had some wonderful moments and I really liked Jennie and Noah. This book had a wonderful balance of the things that I love in a contemporary romance. There was a thread of humor throughout the story and the banter between the couple was great. The chemistry between the pair and the overall romance was well done. This was such a fun read.

Jenny Dawson is a country music star. S
Vasiliki
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
5 stars!!!!

ARC kindly provided by House Publishing Group - Loveswept via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is the story of Jenny and Noah. A famous country singer and a very confused man, both of them looking to get away from the world.

I totally loved this book! The plot is not surprising but it moves smoothly and fast! The writing of Ms. Layne is fantastic! I laughed a lot and I cried a couple of times and I forgot to breathe as well! The writing is so ali/>
monica ♪

ABOUT THE BOOK

Title: Good Girl
Series: Love Unexpectedly #2 (Can be read as stand-alone)
Author: Lauren Layne

NOW LIVE!
Order

Amazon | B&N | Other

MY REVIEW

As a fan of Lauren Layne, this book is one of the most anticipated books in 2016 for me. Honestly I don't even bother with the synopsis because when it comes to LL books, I'll just read them all.
And it goes to this book too. I have a high expectation for this book because, hello it's LL new book! And loOther
MYPOV
Writing2016
Layne
Releasestand-alone)
Girl
Joëlle
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** ARC kindly provided by the publisher Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. ***

Country singer Jenny wants to escape her life, the paparazzi, attention for some time after being accused of sleeping with a married man. Retreating to a place from her childhood in the middle of nowhere she gets to deal with cranky jerk Noah. Noah doesn't reveal his true identity. He also has been engaged recently and his ex-fiancee has a hard time
Kaila
4/5 Stars

“I’m starting to feel a lot less like running from something and a lot more like…home.”
Finn pulls out his phone.
“I need to write that down. See if Ma will stick it on a quilt for me.”

WOW! This book was absolutely perfect for my mood right now. I just finished a very long and emotionally exhausting book, and I was in serious need for a pick-me-up. Good Girl was a light hearted romance with a cute and relatable MC, sizzling romance and hilarious banter!

Jenny Dawson the famous 'innoce
Irene
3.5/4 stars

Overall Good Girl was a good read.

I really enjoyed the storyline, I found the relationship between Jenny and Noah entertaining and kept me turning the pages.
Enjoyed their banter and they had amazing chemistry.

description

I loved Jenny's character, loved her heart, her honesty and her forgiving nature. I know she was a lot more forgiving than myself.
I was torn with Noah's character, while I loved Jenny I had a love/hate relationship going on with Noah. I know he was a good guy but some of the things he did and said lef
Young Adult Conte...: Good Girl by Lauren Layne - Starting June 13, 2016 30 14 Jun 20, 2016 12:09PM

• Lured In (Fishing for Trouble, #2)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • The Cityscape Series (The Cityscape, #1-3)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Ramping Up (Mavrick Allstars, #1)
  • Truth or Dare (Dare to Love, #1)
  • Fifth Rule
  • Seduction (Her British Stepbrother #2)
  • Meant to Be (Whisper Creek, #5)
  • Rules of Seduction (Serve, #7)
  • Caught (Elite PR, #1)
  • Heart Breaker (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • Luck on the Line (On the Verge #1)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • The Deal Breaker
  • Suck and Blow: A Party Games Novel
  • The Difference Between You & Me
Important:: Lauren Layne is NOT active on GoodReads, and book dates/info represented on this site may not be accurate.

For updated book information, please visit the Lauren Layne Library:

For more about Lauren, writing tips, etc, please visit the main website:

The best way to stay up-to-date on upcoming releases is her new

Love Unexpectedly (5 books)
  • Blurred Lines
  • Love Story
  • Walk of Shame
  • An Ex for Christmas
“I don’t want to belong to anyone but myself. I don’t want to live anyone’s life but my own.
And I do not fit into Jenny Dawson’s life. I’ve known it from the very beginning.
But damned if it didn’t feel like she was just starting to fit into mine.”
2 likes
“You’re playing with fire, little girl,” he says quietly. “I’m not one of your toys, and I’m not interested in what you’re offering.”
“I’m not offering anything.” I retort, even though his words sting. “I like my men more…refined.”
His grin calls my bluff. “You sure about that?”
1 likes