Start by marking “Kiss of a Stranger (Lost Coast Harbor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of a Stranger (Lost Coast Harbor, #1)

Kiss of a Stranger

(Lost Coast Harbor #1)

A woman who's sworn off bad boys…
Maddie Palmer lost everything when her ex-husband betrayed her. She was strong enough to rebuild her life from scratch, but she learned the hard way that some men cannot be trusted. Her life is safe and stable, just what she wanted—until she lays eyes on a dangerously sexy ex-con.

An ex-con out for revenge…
Gabriel Reyes lost six years behind
Published February 9th 2016 by Dark & Stormy Books (first published February 6th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of a Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of a Stranger

Kristin
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a touching contemporary romance filled with second chances taking place in the remote coastal town of Lost Coast Harbour. The story builds quite slowly at first but it worth giving it a chance to develop. As it moves on, it picks up pace quite quickly until suspense and threats are lurking everywhere and it is impossible to figure out who can be trusted and who can’t.
Gabriel (Gabe) Reyes is a man who had been written off by everyone because of a sacrifice he made for his older and gullib
Xiamera
The only glaring problem I have with this book is Gabe's irrational accusation leveled at Maddie, that she played a role in his downfall. That took me out of the story and made me like Gabe a little less. I kind of understand where he could possibly be coming from but unless it was a sure thing that Maddie's involvement could have saved him from incarceration, that whole scene was a bit of unnecessary drama in my opinion. Other than that bit of irrationality, I enjoyed the story and was glad the ...more
Diane
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a roller coaster ride of mystery, suspense and deadly consequences that surround an ex-con and a woman who takes him in when he's released from prison and has nothing but the clothes on his back and no cash for a roof over his head. Gabe is back in Lost Coast Harbor for revenge after a six year prison sentence for a crime he didn't commit and nothing is going to stand in his way until a beautiful stranger takes him in. Maggie conveniently works for the very people who set him up so ...more
Cathy Geha
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow…what a WONDERFUL story! I loved the location, characters, dialogue, and story – I can think of nothing negatives to comment on at all! What a seamless story that builds in intensity and strength – I could not stop once I began reading!

Gabe is an ex-con with revenge and clearing his name on his mind when he enters Lost Coast Harbor. One of the first people he meets is Maddie and there is chemistry between them from the very beginning. Maddie has a past that has led her to err on the side of c
Jacky
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first chapter pulled me in as Gabe's story began to unfold, until we got to Maddie. I admit, that I found her really irritating at first. She came across as kind of whiny with a chip on her shoulder. Gabe had his own chip to deal with, but he too made subtle changes.

Then Maddie's story began to unfold, and Maddie's character made subtle changes. Then Gabe and Maddie's stories began to intertwine, sprout off into other directions, and come together again.

There was a mystery that involved a nu
Pam
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG OMG OMG

Smoking hot, self-loathing bad boy; sexy, wounded little vixen. Throw in some small town corruption, tight knit friendships, and a down-to-earth millionaire and you have Kiss of a Stranger. This book has it all. Amazingly awesome read!
Gwen Samson
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting book

I liked this book. Love, murder, suspense all wrapped up and presented in this book. A wonderful tale of a man locked up and railroaded to jail. He returns to Lost Coast Harbour to try and find out why.
Renaye hopkins
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kiss of a Stranger is a contemporary romance full of suspense. The story unfolds along the cold, wet, dreary, desolate coast of Northern California. Here we meet Gabe, the ex-con who is seeking revenge while hoping to clear his name; and Maddie, the hometown girl who is trying to prove her self-worth to the town and not fall for the bad-boy yet again.
This story will have you on the edge of your chair throughout and will keep you guessing as to who exactly dunnit!
Definitely will be reading this
Carol Stalnaker
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all! Maddie and Gabe both have troubled pasts that they are trying to overcome when they meet. The romance and suspense keep building based on mutual attraction, false imprisonment, a shady spouse, drugs and gun running, and family discord. The mystery keeps you guessing and trying to solve it along with Maggie and Gabe. I couldn't put this down until I finished it!

The author provided an ARC for my honest review.
Jennifer Dicenzo
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I admired the way Maddie and Gabe both strove to overcome their pasts. Maddie, for what was done to her by her ex, and Gabe, for being incarcerated as an innocent man. I liked the mutual attraction between the two. The part it took longer to win me over was Gabe's need for revenge and using whomever he needed to to get there. But I got there and I look forward to seeing what the next book has in store.
Debra Sennefelder
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What happens when you combine revenge, passion and a town cloaked in corruption and danger into a book? One awesome read. Gabe is looking for revenge and Maddie is looking for a stable future and they end up finding each other. If you like your romantic suspense steamy then this book is for you. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and I am looking forward to reading the next books in the LCH series. I received an ARC for a honest review.
Melissa Darlene
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, Gabe was cute up until he got mad at Maddie because her ex husband was involved with the family who put him away. I mean what the he** . she didn't do anything I think Gabe was being a total a**.but moving on the end turned out good. Good story line . thank you for the copy :-)
Sherry
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this as an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Romance, mystery, suspense, steamy scenes, and great characters make this a great read. This is the first book I've read by these authors and the first in this series and I look forward to the next book.
Jo-Anne
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is a good mystery with great characters. Gabe was sent to prison for six years for gun running. A crime he didn’t commit. So when he got out, he was determined to clear his name and get revenge on the man who set him up. He went back to the town where the alleged crime took place and got a job at Hastings Company; the company owned by the man responsible for putting him in prison. His plan was to take down the man by getting information from his assistant. He figured he would seduce her the ...more
Jewlsbookblog

Things started out slow, but once stuff started happening, the story flew by pretty fast! Maddie and Gabe were likable, although ridiculous judgements happened that pulled me out of the story from time to time, just not enough to ruin the momentum. Their romance was good. The physical attraction was obvious from the start, however, the emotional connection didn’t click for me until the latter part of the plot. Then again near death accidents can make a person reevaluate life’s prioriti
Terry Moskowitz
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maddie lives her life safely. She keeps everything in its little spot after she almost lost everything that is how she wants it. Until she sees Gabriel Reyes.
Gabriel just got out of jail and now he wants to know who framed him. He comes back to Lost Harbor and knows he is going to use anyone he can to get what he wants.
He doesn't expect to get a job so fast or to have anyone believe in him, but with the help of Maddie and some of the towns people he begins to make someone nervous enough to make
Susie
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really really good book. I fell in love with the characters. It kept my interest from the beginning to the end with Mayhem exploding boats and some really hot monkey sex. I got this first book in the series for free from Amazon and I am such a sucker because I liked it so much you can bet I will be looking for the other books in this series! Happy reading yall! *_^
Forgot to mention... This book is a standalone and don't forget... Free.... You can't go wrong with free lol
Teresa
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised by this book! It was a free kindle, so you know sometimes those books can be a little dicey. This one was interesting and kept me engaged in the characters and in the story. There were a few twists and turns that had me rethinking my theory on whodunnit, so that was fun! Overall, I enjoyed this book and I would be interested in reading more by this author.
Charliegirl1
Dreary

This is the first book in a series set in the imaginary coastal town of Lost Coast Harbor, where unremarkable people live dreary lives. I see so reason to ever go back there.
Km Mccallum
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

She gave him a chance even after knowing he had been in jail. She knew she shouldn't. He distant to fall for her just use her to get even with the man who put him behind bars. They find love in the end.
Randy Sims
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read full of intrigue

Lily has done a remarkable job. The characters have so much depth. The twist that come out of the woodwork adds a great deal to the story. The sex is great as well.
Hbeebti
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a new author for me. I really enjoyed book and have added the the other books from this series to my wishlist.
Melanie R
Quick enjoyable read

This was a nice easy romance with some suspense. I liked the characters and the town it was set in. I will likely read the next books in the series
Dee Castillo
Good

Reading it was a pleasure, want to read other books in the series especially kissed by a devil and the rest of the booksw
MJ
2.5

Almost put it down a few times. Was a bit better towards the end, but still eh.

K.T.
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read. Very much the bad-boy story but interesting in that he had good intentions. The female character is very buttoned up, but I liked the way she was drawn. It's a great premise for a story line and keeps you guessing right until the end. Lots of twists and turns which can catch you napping. A great read.
Sonal
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book in Lost Coast Harbor series but it can be read as a standalone. Gabe comes to Lost Coast Harbor after spending 6yrs in jail for a crime he didn't commit. He was set-up and wrongly accused. He is back in town to find out the truth and get his justice.

Maddie was hurt by her ex-husband 4yrs ago. She is scared to fall for a bad boy again. She wants a safe life with a safe, reliable guy. She wo
Ella
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gabe has spent the last 6 years of his life paying for a crime he didn't commit. The only thing on his mind was revenge, and proving he was innocent.
Maddie had lived in Lost Coast Harbor all her life. After her life crumbled around her, she was able to slowly piece it back together.
The one person she owed everything to was the person Gabe was trying to go after. What will happen when she finds out Gabe's secret? Would she help him or to the man that she owed everything she was able to save?
A K
Geneva Handleman
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the necessary ingredients for my kind of romance novel are right here. A mystery, a bad guy with a heart of gold, a twist at the end, even if it is one you saw coming. Oh and sexual tension building up to that perfect hot steamy scene.

As an independent reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock, this book gets four dripping wet fangs and the authors go on my watch list for the next episode in this series. An engaging read that keeps the pages turning with action and suspense.
KimberlyDawn
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gabe spent six years paying for a crime he didn't commit. Now all he wants is to prove he is innocent and get revenge. Maddie is trying to put her life back together. When she meets Gabe, she is curious about him. He gets a job at the shipping company she works at. When Maddie finds out he is homeless, she gives him some help. Gabe finds himself attracted to her, and wonders if she knows anything about who set him up. Their attraction is incredible, and I loved their story! A great book!

• Smooth Sailing (Stop The Wedding, #2)
  • Lying in Bed
  • The Ladies' Man & Some Kind of Wonderful
  • Kissed by a SEAL (Hope Falls Universe KW, #2)
  • Bang (B-Squad, #2)
  • Summer Dreaming (Hot in the Hamptons)
  • Fearless
  • Her Secret Lover (What Happens In Vegas, #11)
  • Deadly Testimony (Safeguard #2)
  • Ghost of You (Phantoms #3)
  • Climax (Her British Stepbrother #3)
  • Werewolf Sings the Blues
  • The Hook Up (First Impressions, #3)
  • Summer Sins
  • Moon Borne (Halcyon Romance, #1)
  • Royal Stripper ( A Secret Baby Romance)
  • All I Need Is You (Loving You, #2)
  • Wrecked (Blind Man's Alibi #1)

Lost Coast Harbor (5 books)
  • A Kiss in the Shadows (Lost Coast Harbor, #2)
  • Kissed by a Devil (Lost Coast Harbor, #3)
  • The Devil's Gamble (Lost Coast Harbor, #4)
  • Sins of Her Past (Lost Coast Harbor #5)