Start by marking “Innocence” as Want to Read:
Innocence

Innocence

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  146 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
I can never go back to the way life was before that awful night. Even though I’m unable to remember what happened, I refuse to believe the image they painted of me in the courtroom.

The pieces won’t fit together. Blurred images haunt my dreams. I needed a fresh start, somewhere I wouldn’t be judged, a place to salvage a life beyond the one I was currently living.

At the ur
Published December 14th 2015 by K. Mayer Enterprises, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Innocence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innocence

Juanita
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arz
Wow what a great suspenseful story!

It begins with London being released from prison.

Four years ago, I'd been sentenced to prison for involuntary manslaughter. Though I have no recollection of the events from the night that changed my life, I served my time.

And I was intrigued – I wanted to know what happened that day….

She lost everything when she went away. The only ones who stuck with her is her friend Millie and her parents. You will see her struggle trying to get her life back together as
Franci Neill
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect from this newest book by the talented Kristin Mayer when I first heard about it. Well, she needs to write more of these books as this is by far, my favorite book of hers. I've said this before because at the time, that book was my favorite. This has surpassed her previous books. Why, you ask? Because the story in this book is unlike anything she's written before and she had me guessing until almost the very end of the book. And while I had my suspicions, when I got t ...more
Sarah Armstrong
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved

This entire book was one big mystery with a sexy cowboy thrown in. I was intrigued from page 1. London & jaxson were incredible. Enjoyed this book & writing style.
Brandy Rivers
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story. A young woman can't remember the accident that sent her to prison. It takes her friend digging into things long since buried and her running from the town for the truth to be uncovered. But can whoever has something against her let it go once she makes a life for herself in another state?
Great story, good suspense, a sweet hero with a kid.
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
InnocenceInnocence by Kristin Mayer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lisa Waugh
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kristin has completely blown me away with this unbelievable story of first love, lies, devastating loss and healing. If you are wanting twists and turns to keep you guessing then this is certainly a story for you!

London can't remember a horrific accident that left a family mourning a devastating loss...but being from a small town, the effects of that fateful night are felt by everyone. Feeling shunned and fearing she'll never be accepted again, she decides to try and pick up the pieces and start
Andrea
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristin Mayer decided to try a cowboy on for size and hit it out of the park. This book was so emotional and gripping that I finished it in one day.
London has experienced unbelievable tragedy and been as low as a human being can go emotionally and physically. When we meet her she if full of hope and ready to start fresh. Unfortunately for London someone wants to continue causing her pain and suffering. London refuses to cower in fear and continues her quest for a fresh start in Colorado.
Colorado
Kelly Fountain
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a rush! I wasn't expecting a thriller but that's what I got. London is ready to start fresh. Tragedy fills her past and continues to encroach upon her future. Danger and fear lurks only a few steps behind her. A new place, a new life is what she needs and is where she's headed. She will get to start fresh and keep those she loves safe.
Jaxon has never been in love but he's been manipulated and has his own pain from his past. His life is now his beautiful son and his job.
When they first bum
Sarah O'Kelly
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this book cements Kristin Mayer as a thriller writer! From the beginning you knew that there was a plot twist coming but I couldn't figure it out!

Imagine being tried for a crime you cannot remember committing, imagine having to live with the knowledge that you killed someone but yet you cannot remember how it happened? This is what happened to London, after being released fro prison she heads home only to find that this isn't a safe place to be. She puts her trust in her father and his f
KS
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crc-books
This was a previously published title, but new to me. I love when a book surprises me! This one certainly has plenty of intrigue, drama and romance. Again – the little touches that Mayer does make the books extra special.

We start with London McNally getting out of prison for involuntary manslaughter – early on it is easy to know her character and determine if she is innocent or guilty of the crime she was convicted of. We also learn about London’s ex – Charles Paddington – and we are able to qui
Tianna
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the first page to the last I was absorbed by this story. I never knew where it was gonna go and the twists that kept coming had my mind racing trying to figure out what would happen. I loved the story and the suspense. London and Jaxson are so good together, made me giddy whenever they were together. Ty, oh my goodness, such a sweet and energetic little boy! The bond he creates with London knows no bounds for sure.

The plot of this story was well thought out and made it to where you couldn'
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
"Four year ago, I'd been sentenced to prison for involuntary manslaughter. Though I have no recollection of the events from the night that changed my life, I served my time."

Goodness...this book was captivating from the very first page and you just want to keep reading to find out if she ever remembers?? ohhh yesss..I said SHE!! Most of the books we read are about the man being in prison and they get out and then the story begins..but this book starts off with London being in prison and you fall
Lisa
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazingly beautiful story about moving on from the darkness of your past.

How does one move on from the biggest mistake of their life if they can't remember it. I cannot even imagine the heartbreak and terror that London went through. My heart ached for her and couldn't help rooting for her and hoping she would find the happiness she deserved.

Jaxson melted my heart from the start. He is sexy and oh so swoony. And his little boy Ty will have you falling in love with his sweetness immedia
Kaitlyn
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! I'm still trying to process what I just read. It was so stinking good with much goodness going on as i was reading!! I've read a couple of books by Kristin Mayer and I love every one I've read but they just keep getting better and better. Innocence is by far my favorite!!!

So we start out with London getting out of jail for a horrible accident she caused and an unfortunate death. A night she doesn't remember. So right away I realized i was in for not only a romance but a suspenseful romanc
Lauren Dodson
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jackson and London

Jackson and London are an adorable couple. While this tale is light, and refreshing it is still a suspenseful romance. It isn't as dark as other books, but has some dark to it. I enjoyed the read, it kept me on my toes.
Lisa Kolb
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story about second chances!!! I cried, laughed, banged my head due to injustice and then laughed again!!! I'm completely in love with the characters in this book!!!! A 5 star read that I will re read more than once!!!!
Loretta Norsworthy
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it from start to finish amazing thank you Kristin
Vickie
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so full of new beginnings, love, secrets, second chances, and one hot cowboy.

How would you feel if you spent four years in prison for something you can't even remember? The man you loved stayed by your side and visited regularly. Promised to always be there waiting for you to get out. Then one day he visits and all of the sudden it's over.

When London is released from prison and returns home with her dad she wants to jump right back into society. She did not count on how her hometow
Diane Holtry
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-or-blog
Mystery, suspense, love, lust, betrayal and misguided revenge. This story had a lot going on yet remarkably with the way the story is presented, I was able to keep track easily of all the characters and all the facets of everything that occurred in their lives.

London is a strong woman who's been manipulated - caught up in a nasty life where people think it's ok to twist the truth to their own advantage. But her resolve to make a life despite the past is truly amazing.

Jaxson is sexy and romantic
Elizabeth
I received a free copy from the author. I actually enjoyed the story for the most part on this one. The character that really stole the show for me was Ty he was so adorable and full of energy.
Amy
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story

This book was Jaxson and London's story of not letting the past hold down the future and letting it keep you from the future. Great story and great characters
Natasha
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For me going in blind on a book makes the suspense even better. This suspense ride had me guessing and theorizing right up to the end. Kristin Mayer does this in her books; she captures your mind, body and soul. Innocence is London’s journey once she is released from prison. She has a muddy past that she can’t even remember. Will she ever get past what happened and find love again?
Once London gets home she is almost instantly forced out of the town that she once considered home. Her father helps
Lisa Cheney
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my second book by Kristin Mayer. I have only just discovered her and I love her style. You will not be disappointed in her at all. What would you do if you woke to find you had done something bad and you couldn't remember it? Would you take the responsibility and do what is right? That is what London did, not questioning a crime she couldn't remember. she wanted did the time, trying to move on after prison and in a town where no one will forget, her dad comes up with a solution and with ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Innocence by Kristin Mayer.......This book was amazing, it has all the feels and I could not put it down. I was on the edge of my seat with the mystery and suspense. London trying to start over after a terrible tragedy and so much happening for this young beautiful woman. I loved seeing this story be told for London, Jaxson and cute little Ty. You will also enjoy the romance, sexy times and love, that we grow to experience with Kristin Mayer's writing style, it never fails to be a 5 star read. T ...more
Heather Peterson
This book was a super sweet love story!
I loved the suspense and mystery! This is my favorite book written by this author.
I couldn't put it down totally kept me hooked from beginning to end!
Penny Layne
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Innocence is a truly feel good story with a mixture of suspense that leaves you yearning for more.
The very first time we meet Willow, she is walking out of a prison...not many stories take you there! While trying to adjust to life as it used to be (and always being reminded of what she lost while away) Willow faces threats of what will come if she doesn't leave the only home she's ever known.
She moves to Colorado to help on a ranch of some family friends.
Little did she know, she'd "bump" into e
Michelle
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-arc, c-r-c-arc
What a crazy whirlwind of a story. You don't know what is fake and what is real. Who's your friend and who truly isn't. The people hurt, the time lost, this is truly the craziest FATE story I've ever read. You're jaw will drop at the ending. I was stunned.
Kristy Shaffer
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book sucks you in from the start!

London's story draws you in and you just vantage imagine what she went through from a young age.
When she meets the sexy Jaxson, sparks fly and the rest in a win to the finish line.
Loved the whole story line something different and a twist you don't see coming! A thoroughly enjoyable book that will keep u glued to the pages from get go!
Laura Watson
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review. I could not put this book down. This is the first book that I have ever read by Kristin and it most certainly will not be my last. She does an amazing Job of sucking you into the story.
Jen Zingaro
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book is amazing. It's a bit of a Whodunnit and the story had me looking over my shoulder while I was reading it. It starts with London being released from Prison and you find out why she was there and watch her try to submerge herself back into her old life but someone doesn't want it to be that easy. She eventually goes to stay with some friends of her father and starts a new life there. Add in a swoony single dad, an adorable 5 year old boy and a horse named Sparkles and this book su ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »