Start by marking “Eyes Open (Finding Home, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eyes Open (Finding Home, #2)

Eyes Open (Finding Home #2)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Keep them shut.
Block out the pain.
No one sees the truth.
Until him.
He wants too much.
He wants it all.
He wants me to live with my
Eyes Open.

Eyes Open is an interconnected standalone novel within the Finding Home Series. Due to explicit sex scenes and sensitive subject matter, this book is intended for adults 18+
Published March 1st 2016 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Eyes Open, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eyes Open

Ivette Pacheco
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What to say...
I've won both books and I love meeting new authors and the chance to get to fall for their stories.
Healing was great, and EO is beyond that.
I think the story line is tough, sensitive but at the same time so beautiful and lovely.
The author outdid herself, and now I'm not so patiently waiting for what will come next.
Debbie
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

What I love the most about Rachel's writing is the amount of heart and soul infused into each of her books. I can almost feel the pieces of herself that she leaves behind.

Christine and Craig feel like real people with real issues. No overly dramatic trumped up bullsh*t. Just two people living life dealing with everything that comes with it, family, friends and jobs. It's a balancing act for sure but then there is always something that happens that turns it all upside down. For Christi
EscapeNBooks
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Eyes Open is book 2 in the Finding Home series by Author Rachel Caid. It is a contemporary romance and can be read as a standalone.

"I can pretend nothing scares me, pretend to still be that girl who can take life by the horns and wrestle it to the ground. One side cold and alone, the other burning to be whole."

We first met Christine and Craig in Healing. They had an undeniable connection, but Chris was unable to let go of her past to see the possible future that was reaching out to her
Emily
Craig wants Christine back but in order to have a relationship with Christine again he wants complete honesty. Christine is holding back something from her past, Craig knows it but until she can trust him enough they are in limbo.

Loved Craig, he knows Christine is his one but he also knows they can't keep running in circles. He is protective of Christine and is wiling to be by her side no matter what. Christine is trying but she is scared and I think so relatable where her feelings are concerne
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This beautiful story made my heart beat wildly in anticipation of what was to come. Rachel Caid did a FANTABULOUS job. I will read anything she writes, from this day forward.
This book makes me want the kind of love they have.

review by Stephanie
Stephanie
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book makes me want the kind of love they have.
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Even though this is the second book in this series it can be read as a standalone. It was the first book that I have read by this remarkable new and up in coming author Ms. Caid.
This story is well written but might have some triggers
We watch/read about Christine and Craig and their beautiful but heartbreaking Love story. Craig and Christine are one hell of a couple with the struggles of real life dilemmas. This story was well written..
We watch Christine struggle to let go of her past a traumat
Tiffany Johnson
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 eyes on me stars

I knew from the moment I read Healing, Christine and Craig was a story I had to read. They were hot, hot, HOT for one another and then suddenly they could barely be in the same room with each other! Christine had secrets and Craig had no patience for anything other than the utmost truth.

In Eyes Open we slowly learn those secrets and witness the journey these two will go through to be with each other. I loved Chris' character and her path to self worth, from her fear and self
Reflections of a Book Geek
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r, arc-from-author
This first half of this book I really struggled with, I couldn't connect with Christine at all and I found her worse than I had Anna.

Christine was a complete and utter hypocrite, she went on a date with Travis but was a b!tch when she thinks Craig is dating! She was completely self-centred and I couldn't stand her character for the first portion of the story but I have to say she won me round in the end. Her attitude totally changed and my heart broke for her once we got to the root of her probl
K.L. Kreig
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An "eyeopening" 4.5*

In Eyes Open, book two in the Finding Home series, we get a deeper glimpse into Christine, Anna's sister. Christine was feisty in Healing, but in Eyes Open, you get a deep look into her psyche, what lies underneath that bubbly persona. And let me tell you...it's damaged. The girl has been through some shit.

Then you have Craig. He's been burned by a woman before. In Healing, these two had just started dating but at the end broke up because Craig felt Christine was hiding somet
Kristi
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It has heavy subject matter...the h had something happen to her in her college years that makes her a survivor. The author does a great job of offering us a look inside her head and the real struggles she goes through. These thoughts have an impact on all of her relationships, including with the Hero..Craig.
He never wavers, and is great at teaching Christine that she is a survivor.
There is plenty of hotness and times you want to shake the characters, but you get dual P
David Maher
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Christine has a secret. For years she's kept it hidden from everyone important in her life with the one exception of her therapist whose's been trying to help her move on, but for her otherwise close knit family? Not a word.

Months ago, when Craig and Christine first got together, things were intense. The attraction they shared was overpowering and they got real close real quick, and in that maelstrom of emotion things went pear shaped. Craig, who has a history of being hurt by women who keeps se
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I don't know where to really start with this review. This book was all to real for me.
I have been in the shoes of Christine.

Eyes Open is a story about a woman who is living in fear of her past. She is afraid to get close to the one man who could show her what a relationship or love really is. But first she has to live with her Eyes Open.

Christine is a woman who had to suffer through the one terrifying event that no woman should ever have t
Becky Rendon
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
For some the signs are easy to read, others need it spelled out. I think Craig suspected before Christine was willing to tell him.

Craig wants to go into this relationship with eyes open. He wants all the nitty gritty. No secrets. He was burned by manipulating conniving women and he doesn't like those kinds of surprises. When he demands a run down of Christine's past, she shuts him out and ends their relationship.

Struggling through pride and the belief that each is right, Chris and Craig still c
Dina Littner
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dedication & Commitment ~ Courage & Growth

Congratulations to new author, Rachel Caid, on the release of her second book ~ Eyes Open. I went into Eyes Open not having read Ms. Caid's first book, Healing, and now I need to go back and read it!

Rather than recap the plot, I want to tell you how much I loved Craig's dedication and commitment to his goal (and I won't say what that goal is). He makes sure every action supports the outcome he knows is absolutely right. I also admired Christine f
Page Turners
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a mix this story was of romance, sadness and strength. Craig and Christine were once an amazing couple but Christine was running from a secret and Craig had been hurt before by women with secrets and was not wanting to repeat that pattern. Christine needed to come to terms with her past and Craig wanted to show her that not all men are the same and she could trust her heart with him. I loved this story. The characters were well written and it had a touch of mystery trying to figure out what ...more
Melissa King
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Eyes Open is the second book in the Finding Home Series by Rachel Caid. The first book in the series is Healing.

Rachel Caid touches on a sensitive subject in Eyes Open. Christine went on a bad date in college that she ends up surviving. This story shows the struggles that Christine goes through mentally with herself and when it comes to dating Craig.

It also shows Craig's point of view and how he wants to stand by Christine no matter what. What he has to do to show Christine his love for her.

Th
R.J. Loom
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written story with great characters. The story flowed and held my attention from beginning to end. After being introduced to Christine and Craig in Caid's debut novel Healing, I was anxious to read their story and I was not disappointed. Craig has all the qualities to make a great book boyfriend. He's patient, sweet yet tough when he needs to be. Caid also did a great job portraying Christine's insecurities, fears and her strengths. I love the family dynamic in this series. E ...more
MegL
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading Rachel Caid and I can say that it won't be the last. Plus it's always fun to come across a book that's based in your hometown. Eyes Open is heartwrenching yet I love how it highlighted the love and support that sometimes only your family can give. I really admire Christine's resiliency and strength. It takes a lot to go through what she went through yet find the will to keep fighting. The connection between her and Craig is something most could only hope to find in ...more
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
* * ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *

Yay, I was so glad to get Christine story. We meet her in Healing and knew there was somthing deep going on with her that keep her from giving 100% of herself to Craig and Craig isn't sure what she's hiding and Christine is afraid once he sees the scars hell run so how can he get her to let go and give them a chance. omg I loved this story and rooted for these two from the start. definitely a must read.
Natasha
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a ARC in exchange for a honest review.
4* read.
Eyes Open is book 2 in the Finding Home series by Author Rachel Caid but can be read as a standalone. Christine and Craig had such a beautiful and heartbreaking story. Christine struggled to let go of her past and had to deal with so much my heart broke for her. Craig was determined to bring Christine's wall completely down and i loved reading their journey through this. Great beautiful and emotional read.
Melissa Basnight
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wonderful book on family and friends helping Christine heal after a tragic event. She feels unworthy of love or a normal relationship, she feels like damaged goods. Craig, her boyfriend, is so caring, understanding and loving. He wants to heal her and show her that her past does not affect their relationship. Beautiful story of the power of love conquering all obstacles.
For the Love of Books
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is book two in the finding home series, however it can be read as a standalone. It is a love story at its best. Real people with real issues, written about in a real manner. A wonderful writing style which makes for an enjoyable read.
Shelly
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! What a emotional ride!! I loved Christine and Craig's story of sorrow, anger and love!! I can't wait for the next one!!!!
Shelly
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! What a emotional ride!!! I LOVED Christine and Craig's story of sorrow, anger and love!!! I can't wait to read the next book !!
Michell Hall casper
I really enjoyed Christine and Craig's story........

The thing I like about Rachel's books is that they are more true to life. They're not your typical rich man trying to save lost poor girl. They are more relatable.

Craig was sweet, kind, patient (according to him) ; ) But he was also domineering, goes after what he wants, doesn't give up and sexy as hell!!!!

Christine had a strength in her she didn't know she had until Craig came along and forced her to show that strength. She was stubborn but I
Olivia Rofrits
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a gut wreaking read!! I had start reading couple get myself back together.
Now we get to follow and learn about Craig and Christine's.
Christine has some big secret even her own family not even her sister knows about but for her brother. When Craig called her out on hiding something. When everything comes out and her past came out to hurt her again.
She was about to shut down but finally realized she can grow after what happened to her again. Craig is amazing never giving up on her and stay th
Melissa Fisher
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!!!!

Christine and Craig stole my heart! One of my favorite quotes from this book: " Love is saying I’m sorry, it’s accepting people as they come, and most importantly, love is a precious gift that should never be thrown away.” and it's one I will keep with me and remember always. Rachel has a way of writing her characters that they bury themselves inside the reader and they stay with you. All the feels in this one. Loved it!!
Gata Leitora / Cat reader
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
O casal Craig e Christine estão separados graças a uma briga até boba, na minha opinião. Aos poucos fui entendendo o posicionamento de cada um e realmente fiquei na duvida se tomava partido de Christine ou Craig. O bom é que eles aos poucos também vão percebendo que não podem nem devem ficar separados ,pois foram feitos um para o outro.

Diga se não é para agarrar na mesma hora uma criatura dessa?

Craig é um verdadeiro príncipe extremamente protetor porem meio cabeça-dura , algo no passado meio que
Pam Nelson
4 Open Star’s

Craig and Christine are introduced in book one, only their relationship is short lived because Craig felt like Christine was hiding something big from him. But what he doesn’t know is that she is hiding in plain sight from not only him but herself and her family.

This book deals with some heavy stuff I wasn’t expecting, but it was the healing that I like. How even if he didn’t know what was going on Craig was still there for Chris even if he didn’t know he was doing any good.

I lovvv
Hi! I'm Rachel, and I am a lover of all books romance! My debut novel, Healing (Finding Home Book One) recently released and I am hard at work on book two :)

While my books are contemporary romances, my favorite genres are paranormal romance and suspense romance. Maybe one day I will have the courage to try those :)

I am a mother to two amazing boys, wife to my best friend, and herder of two dogs an
More about Rachel Caid...

Finding Home (2 books)
  • Healing (Finding Home, #1)