Start by marking “Destined Prey (Wild Ones, #1)” as Want to Read:
Destined Prey (Wild Ones, #1)

Destined Prey (Wild Ones #1)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  123 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
All Jack Tucker wanted was to come home for a little while and try to figure out where his life had gone wrong. Moving from Wyoming to New York hadn’t turned out the way he’d thought it would, and a bad breakup leaves him bruised in more than just the emotional sense.
He doesn’t expect to be glad he’s back on the Double T Ranch with his brother, Rhett, and he sure doesn’t e
ebook
Published December 14th 2015 by Rainbow Ninja Press

To ask other readers questions about Destined Prey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destined Prey

Ariel
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It had some unique concepts that I hadn't read before in shifter stories.

It's love at first sight for the main characters, but they didn't know that. They didn't understand the pull that they were experiencing. The shifters here don't know the details of mating. I loved this tension and confusion that they experienced.

Coywolves. The author had a brilliant idea of creating this blending of coyotes and wolves. That was brilliant. Then to make them better than those other species
Kara
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
OMG I can not even put into words how much I loved this book! It was just so damn good!

Jack goes back to his family ranch that his brother is running after escaping a horrible relationship. Ben is a Coywolf shifter who first sees Jack on his ranch during a turf war with other shifters and is instantly attracted to Jack.

There was so much steam and action in this book I could not put it down once I started reading it. I loved the way Bailey Bradford wrote these shifters and this story! Plus there
Hc
Ok... new series to watch out for here!

By the end of this first book there's more answers as to why on the turf war that's been happening. But I'm sure that's not all there is to it. Plus... new species! cool.

I like that even though this could technically possibly be insta love like, even Ben shifter half of couple does not KNOW what's going on. It was nice to discover with Ben and Jack how their bond is going to start. AND, they are equal opportunities in the bedroom. At first, fist pump... but
Becky
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've been uhming and aahing about what to rate this and I've settled on 4 as halfway between the 3 and 5 I can't decide on. Usually I get a gut feel but there are elements of this book which are lovely (the whole unexpected mates and longing aspects) and then others I couldn't work out (what's the point of Alex?). It was a little short, and while parts seemed quick, it didn't feel rushed. However, I was a bit confused by Jack - one minute he's all wary and compliant, the next all demanding and t ...more
Amanda
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-shifters
Enjoyable read and I love the new species take in the story. Pretty basic storyline but the characters were interesting enough. I really liked Ben and Jack's family. I will definitely read the next in the series.
Elisa Rolle
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
2016 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: Destined Prey by Bailey Bradford
What an intriguing story about coywolves. I liked the characters in this book. The author does a good job of placing you, the reader, in the setting. The book has a great combination of action, and romance.
llv
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5 stars

Destined Prey was an enjoyable read. I liked the idea of the Coywolves being a new bread of shifter. Both Ben and Jack were great as the MCs. I enjoyed their chemistry together. I thought Jack got over the idea of shifters rather quickly, but that is pretty much par for the course in these kinds of stories. If I had one gripe, it would be that there were things that were not explored as much as I would have liked. (view spoiler)
TracyG.
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, shifters
A good solid read. I can't wait to read more in this series.
Lafortune Viola
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good reading

It is a decent love story with an engaging fast paced plot that keep you up from the beginning to end. It is a bit short but Ben and Jack make it up for you.
Julie scott
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Destined Prey (Wild Ones Book 1)

This was good I Liked it and I hope there's more of this series to come ....If there is I can't wait..
Angela Goodrich
As a HUGE fan of Bradford’s Southwestern Shifters series and a fan of several of the other shifter series she’s written, I was interested to see where the author could take yet another shifter series. It turns out, she took her cue from nature and built a pack of shifter hybrids, coywolves. Not surprisingly, the coywolf shifters are being attacked by both coyote shifters and wolf shifters for being abominations, with neither side accepting them. What was surprising, was who came to their rescue ...more
Antonella
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
The plot ist not exactly believable. IMO there is a bit too much in it: coywolves, wolves, and coyotes, some of them shifters, telepathy and a barghest = evil fiendish shapechanger lupine. And there is also too much sex among the MCs.
Sarina
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5*

Review written for Love Bytes Reviews.

Jack Tucker couldn’t wait to get away from the ranch in Wyoming where he grew up but when a relationship takes a bad turn, it’s the one place he rushes back to. He just wanted a little time to figure his life out and make sure his head was back on straight, he never expected to find himself in the middle of an all out war. Ben’s life is all about survival and protecting his family…at least until he catches a glimpse of Jack Tucker. Now the human male is
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
*** ARC provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review.***

Jack escaped from an abusive relationship to return to his home in Wyoming. The last thing he expected when he got there was to find himself and his brother in the middle of a territorial feud between coyotes, wolves and coywolves. Or that he'd find mysterious Ben so attractive.

Ben is a first generation coywolf, along with his siblings, and having been orphaned at a very young age, neither of them knows much about
Molly Lolly
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four stars!
This was a really interesting story. I liked how the coywolves were a family and the way they were portrayed in relation to the wold and coyote packs. Jack and Ben are lacking in depth a little bit. But it’s a quick read and has lots of plot packed into it. There’s a lot that happens from the beginning to end and lots of setup for future books in the series. But you’re pulled in quickly and you get invested in the characters. You want to know more about B
Morgan  Skye
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jack moved back to Wyoming to nurse his wounds from an abusive ex. His brother is there to help and thankfully, comes out as being gay, too.

There are strange things going on with the animals on the ranch, though and one night one of the feuding animals shows up and is able to talk into Jack’s mind!

Ben is a coywolf shifter – one of the hated hybrids – who is part of the feud between the wolves, the coyotes and the coywolves. He scents Jack as his mate but his lack of history and formal training d
W.S. Long
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coywolves and packs

What an intriguing story about coywolves. I liked the characters in this book. The author does a good job of placing you, the reader, in the setting. It has a great combination of action and romance.
Meggie
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like part one in a new series, but I can't. The main storyline was weak and bland. There was simply to much sex between both MC's Jack and Ben, and I had to skip them. Personally, this plot was nothing special that's why I felt bored at the end.
Misty
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So many things going on in this book. I think it was a wonderful start to a new series. Looking forward to seeing how so many of these threads play out.

Ben was my favorite, and Casey, and Robin...okay, I loved the coywolves, period.
Julie scott
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Destined Prey (Wild Ones)

This was absolutely awesome I hope there is going to be more of this hopefully a whole series wow Wtg Bailey Bradford ......
David Craggs
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

Could,nt stop reading until finished but would have liked a bit more of the pack background and dynamics and structure
Yi1ian
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Very very bad.
Gerri
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great shifter book

This was a great shifter book. Coywolves this time. I love this author s books. They are fun and very hot.
Martin L. Arnaudet
Dec 28, 2015
LaShonta
Dec 21, 2015
Liz
rated it did not like it
Apr 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A few things about me...

I am a married mom of four who spends most of the day writing, either on stories or at the blog. I love to write as much as I love to read. I am generally quiet and laid back, choosing to let things slide off me rather than stick and irritate me.

And it's really hard trying to think of descriptives for myself, so I'll just let y'all e-mail me or comment at the blog if there'
More about Bailey Bradford