Start by marking “Hickey” as Want to Read:
Hickey

Hickey

RELEASE DATE: APRIL 6, 2017

A filthy hookup with your insanely hot ex-husband is NEVER a good idea.
Especially if you hate his guts.
Yet I can't seem to help myself.

Here's the story:
A long time ago, in a small town I’ve tried to forget…
I married the charismatic all-American king of high school.
He was sexy and charming.
I was shy and infatuated.
We were both eighteen.
Of
Published April 6th 2017

Start your review of Hickey
Bev
He's an idiot, she's a premier member of Doormats Anonymous. Geez, she spread her legs the first time she saw him after SEVEN years with no explanations, no apologies, no grovel - nada. That issue aside I felt the characters were one dimensional and boring, and I never connected with them.

What could have been an awesome book fell flat.
Rachel K
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Apr 05, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: romance
Geez...they both better have moved on to have sex with others! The last thing I need to read is yet another book where the hero goes off to manwhore, and the heroine stays all pristine and virtuous! *lol*
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*

This was an easy listener for me. Second chance love between Bran and Cecily, who fell in love in high school and were married at 18. They got caught up in the fairy tale aspect of being in love and married so young and after cracks appeared in their relationship they went their separate ways.

However, Bran never stopped thinking of Cess and never stopped loving her. This is why he has now enrolled at College and is living in the freshman dorms that Cess is now an RA at. He has been in
Sbell
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't want to be too harsh on
this book, because the writing was
not too horribly bad. I did not
like the premise. These kids were
too young, and everything just
happened too fast. That aside,
the setting, the conversations,
the feel of this book was just
really depressing. There was
no light in anything. It also had
one of my biggest pet peeves in
my reading. The author redeems
the OW. This ow was in form of
his step sister. Yes, they had
previously hooked up many times,
and she was down right NASTY
to
Nikki
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ewww, no!!! just plain no!!! Weird scenario with his stepsister, DNF for this, didn't like it at all!!!
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
heroine friends with hero’s ex fuck buddy = stepsister
vicki zimmerman
Apr 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't finish

This story had everything it needed to be a great romance...sweet h, alpha H, young love, married, then divorced. Now both are 7 years more mature, and reunited.
But, it has just gone on and on and on, without ever really going anywhere. Page after page of unnecessary details, making it, at least for me, extremely frustrating and tedious.
It seemed to just be going round and round for ages, making no real headway. Then, I looked, and realized, I'm only at the 55% point! I can't take
Rejane
Jan 13, 2018 marked it as nope
Oh my.. eye rolling ... yep.. let’s be friends with ow the husband used to have sex with. So nice, so forgiving, so understanding.. so ridiculous

April Symes
2nd chance romance stories are my favorite and this was a good romance read. This is really about 1st loves and then 2nd chances.
Bran was a high school football star and Cecily was an artist. They were in love and they married young. and divorced less than a year later. It’s what killed the marriage that was unfortunate. It wasn’t anything that they couldn’t overcome but they were too young and circumstances broke them apart. Their breakup tears Cecily apart and picks herself up and starts
Michelle
Three Chicks
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review from Lisa Kane

Very good second chance at love romance. The story centers around a couple married at 18, and divorced less than a year later. They were madly in love but finances and circumstances broke them apart.

Years later both are at the same college (her choice for school-his choice to be close to her) Hero is genuine and likeable and totally forgiveable. Give this one a try!
EliseSReads
Apr 06, 2017 marked it as to-read
Love Cora Brent and would love to read this, hopefully both are celibate or both had sexual relationships during separation or it's a no-go
Gabriella
I was actually a little surprised by this book. I really wasn't expecting much, and I thought it was going to be a light hearted romance, but it wasn't that. It was actually quite angsty, and even though it was a little slow, I enjoyed it.
The story is about Branson and Cecily, they got married way too young, and neither of them was mature and ready for the work that marriage entails. Their short marriage ends when Branson makes some stupid decisions, thinking it's best for them. 7 years later
Kayread
Apr 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sue
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love second chance romances...and although some may not like the reasoning behind the first big break-up and long separation...I get it. Teenage love/romance/marriage is always very emotional, all-consuming and feels like it will last "forever and ever" because the hormones are flying high, youth is very optimistic about the future and first everything (sex, love and all that goes with it) is always so exciting. I remembered those feelings as I read Cess and Bran's story and even though there ...more
Gracie
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First loves, and second chances

Bran was a high school football star. Cecily was an artist. Both had plans for college, both had those plans fall through. Finding each other after crushed dreams, they fell quickly into each other. Youthful mistakes were made, feelings were hurt, a distance grew, and time marched on. What do you do when you realize the biggest mistake of your life was letting go so you could both grow?
This book brings all the feelings of that first love and first heartbreak back
Courtenay Bennett
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the premise of this story - the idea of growing apart but never falling out of love and eventually getting a second chance. Although it was carried out completely differently to how I expected, I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Cocktails and Books
There was something about the H/h that I couldn't connect with. They broke up due to a miscommunication, of sorts, and kept making those same mistakes seven years later.
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Cora Brent! Loved the second chance love story of Cess and Bran! Can't wait for Cora's next book!
Melanie
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5-stars

I read this when it was a short story as part of an anthology. However it has since been updated and expanded into a full length novel.

Cess and Bran went to school together but never really connected until school was over. Bran was the football hero of the small town of Hickeyville and Cess is the quiet girl working at the diner after her father ran off and spent her college money.

Following a whirlwind romance they get married at 18, but not everything is roses. Following a
Shelly
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
My first from Brent and while I usually stay away from college themed stories I’m a fan of the married couple theme. There was a lot in this that should have worked but I thought it fell short. Cecily and Branson married when they were 18. They weren’t the typical high school sweethearts instead it was a whirlwind romance that last a few months before marrying. As with many marriages in that age-group these two didn’t last.

Seven years later, Branson’s discarded from the Army and Cecily is in
Kaitlin
May 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ughh. This is so hard. I love Cora Brent and absolutely adore her writing...but this just did not do it for me. It was long, drawn out, and went in circles. I was so annoyed with the protagonist. The slow burn didn't even get it for me. The step sister component was weird and felt trashy. I just did not enjoy this book at all.
Bewaji
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Simplicity ....

This story lacks depth. It was too mired in repetitive flash backs. Same story retold by the hero and heroine. Instead of even knowing what, why and when, they started undressing each other. That was one tasteless sex that made me lose all respect for Cecilia. I don't like the way this is strung together.
Kristiej
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5

I read The Gentry Boys series by Ms. Brent and enjoyed them enough to try another book by her. First off, to avoid any head scratching over the title, Hickey is the last name of the hero and that’s where the title comes from – not those rosy red marks on your neck or other places when one gets carried away while ‘enjoying’ another person.

Bran, our hero, and Cecily, our heroine, met in kindergarten. They began dating right out of high school. Then they got married way too soon.
Brittany
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I didn't expect much from this book to be honest. The synopsis didn't do this book any favors in my mind because it made the book seem like it wouldn't have much substance. I thought that it would be about two kids who attempted to play house, failed at it, and then met again years later and fell into bed even though at least one of them hated the other.

After reading the book, I can now say that I couldn't have been more wrong about the book. It was an interesting take on a second chance
Copper78
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this 3.5 stars and rounding up to 4. This book is not great, and certainly not one of Cora Brent's better books, but it is a solid second chance romance with a H/h who never fully moved on from one another. I don't understand all the negative reviews. The h wasn't celibate during the 7 year separation, the hero was in the army and deployed for much of the separation so I don't think he was out sleeping with anything that moved. People have been talking about the "OW" but really there ...more
Makeba Stewart
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the love story of Cess and Bran, who were married at the age of 18, but was broken up because Bran didn't want to hold Cess back from experiencing life. This is a second chance romance and I like to experience the characters finding love for the first time. Although everybody needs a second chance. There could have been a little more steam in the sex scenes, although they were alright. I feel like the storyline, characters, sex scenes, and sexual tension was alright. This was an alright ...more
Me
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Simple story but lovingly written. A proper second chance story where the hero relentlessly pursues his true love. Youth and immaturity are what drove Branson and Cecily apart, but not anymore. The college setting was the perfect juxtaposition; A kind of jumping off point and dramatic backdrop for Bran and Cecily to reignite their relationship. They're slightly older, slightly wiser, better equipped for dealing with challenges.
Sassafrass
more like *3.25 STARS*

I liked the male narrator's voice loads more than the female's.
The story had holes in it, and I still don't understand why it took so long for the hero to see out the heroine.
But, I'm still a sucker for second chance romance so I was glad to see it work out well although, they spent the majority of the story looking back and didn't spend enough time in the present day for be to find their reunion believable.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Jingle bell rock
  • Piccoli imprevisti di Natale
  • Crave
  • Scritto sulla neve
  • So Twisted (Bad Behavior #1)
  • Di fuoco e d'ambra
  • La storia che volevamo
  • L'amore che mi porta a te
  • Back to December (The Falling Vol. 1)
  • Ho sposato un maschilista
  • Fighting Envy
  • Nemici
  • SURRENDER
  • Hot Stuff
  • A Fine Mess (Over the Top #2)
  • Love Hurts (Caged Love, #1)
  • Mai più così vicini
  • Indelebile  (The Broken Stars, #2)
I'm a huge fan of insta-love , grunge era flannel, my vintage Kenmore sewing machine, embroidered dishcloths and absolutely everything that has to do with 1980s pop culture (i.e. leg warmers, scrunchies, big hair, early Madonna, boom boxes, wood paneled walls, stonewash jeans, etc).

If you believe in Happily Ever After and improbable love stories, chances are I'll love you too!!

Email: