Start by marking “Angelfall (Angelborn Cycle #2)” as Want to Read:
Angelfall (Angelborn Cycle #2)

Angelfall (Angelborn Cycle #2)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Their love could break the world.

Lyrix, the first new angel to emerge in a millennium, brings hope for her endangered race. But the weight of duty is heavy. As the newest and strongest, she is expected to become a Seraph, one of the stoic angel kings and queens. She dreads the prospect of losing all her emotions in the transformation, but avoiding her destiny may lead to e
Published December 15th 2015 by Heartspell Media

To ask other readers questions about Angelfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angelfall

★Codie Abibliophobic ★
Originally posted on: Reader's Anonymous
Source: I received this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review

The Good:

The novel begins very intense. Our female lead, Lyrix, is about to give birth while her lover, Wren, is being vaporized by an angel. After this we're taken back to the beginning to witness their relationship develop and how they arrived in their current predicament. We're then transported to a whole new world where the angels live. It's an interesting world, full of rul
N.D.
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I finished this novella a few days ago and thought I left a review, but it hasn't yet appeared on Goodreads.

I would be remiss if I didn't at least note that the love story between Lyrix and Wren, through the ages, was quite beautiful. I had high expectations for this tale after having read and enjoyed Angelborn. Unsurprisingly, the author did not disappoint. I learned more about her angelic world, which is always interesting in fantasy/paranormal books. This novella, as well as the Angelborn, c
N.D.
Lovely

The love story of Lyrix and Wren was, unsurprisingly, beautifully written. After reading and enjoying Angelborn, I had no doubt this novella would be just as engaging and poetic.
omightykaye
Lots of time spent on the backstory, reunion was mega rushed and anticlimactic and then Desi's part was waaaayyy too fast. I needed more info about her, about why Lyrix and Wren's mom are the way that they are.
I like Helix. I hope the next book is about him.
Nana Prah
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I believe it’s the uniqueness of the writing that I enjoyed most about this book. It didn’t fall into a linear pattern, and yet everything came out so clear and entertaining. I liked Wren from book one when he helped Caleb. The story between Lyrix and Wren was involving and even heart wrenching at times. A wonderful angelic tale.

I like that the angels in her books are different from what I’ve ever learned. It gives me a completely different perspective about angels and their politics as created
Angela
I read this as a stand alone, however, there is a previous book written in this world. I didn't have any trouble getting into the world or its characters. I've read quite a few angel lore type books and this one definitely has a unique twist.
The writing was beautiful and fast paced. The characters were flawed and relatable making it easy to root for them as individuals and their love.

I will definitely be reading more from this author!
Blow Pop
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review can be found here at Blow Pop's Book Reviews.
Justine L2r
I dislike this particular trope even more than I do stories about vampire. This was no exception. What I read of it was well written.. It just leaves me cold.
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review coming 5/16
Dee Carney
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
There's nothing wrong with this book, necessarily. I simply found myself putting it down for long stretches of time before sighing when I picked it back up again. Someone else will probably love it.
Teri
Apr 07, 2016 rated it liked it
While the writing was really good I had a hard time connecting with the characters and some of their actions. The writing and the way the story was weaved kept me reading. It was a nice read.
Tina
Feb 09, 2016
Dani St Clair
Mar 24, 2016
L. Penelope
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Catherine Douglass
Jade~Lover
Feb 18, 2016
Akaria Gale
Mar 06, 2016
Leslye Penelope has been writing since she could hold a pen and loves getting lost in the worlds in her head. She is an award-winning author of fantasy and paranormal romance.

She was born in the Bronx, just after the birth of hip hop, but left before she could acquire an accent. Equally left and right-brained, she studied Film at Howard University and minored in Computer Science. This led to a gr
More about L. Penelope

Angelborn Cycle (2 books)
  • Angelborn (Angelborn Cycle #1)