Start by marking “The Rise of the Phoenix (Daimones Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rise of the Phoenix (Daimones Trilogy, #3)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Rise of the Phoenix

(Daimones Trilogy #3)

In a dark future, a first contact and an alien colonization changes forever the destiny of the race of man. Aliens have regenerated a new, transgenic species of humans called the Selected.

The first contact with the aliens led to the apocalypse--Daimones Trilogy Vol.1--and then put the seeds for a galactic upheaval, space wars againts aliens, and galactic empires struggles.
Published December 2nd 2015 by Booktrope (first published November 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Rise of the Phoenix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rise of the Phoenix

Joy D. Fanning
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*

What a great way to end this trilogy! This book kept me on the edge of my seat just like the first book did. When a series can do that, from start to finish you know it's worth reading. I love how the plot developed in this book and how Dan has grown as a character.

This book is a science fictions lovers dream. I could totally see this series being a hit if it was a tv show or movie. There is a depth to this story that you don't a
Randy
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Daimones trilogy comes to an end. And what an end.

Dan and the human race learned that the Selection and the culling of the Human race wasn't quite what they'd been told. Even the Keepers, those helping rebuild humanity with adjustments had been deceived by their Moîrai masters.

Ninety years have passed and Dan is losing his last link with the world he knew. As one of the Selected, he was extremely long lived.

War comes as the human race sets out to make the Moîrai pay for those long ago sins.
Jim Murdoch
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read Daimones and Once Human, the first two books in this series, this third book takes the post apocalyptic experiences of the genetically upgraded human, Dan Amenta, to a whole new level. From a dying race, subjugated by an alien race, the Humans, under Dan's leadership, rise to be a force to be reckoned with.

The Rise of the Phoenix is a gripping read and uses third person narrative as well as the familiar first person from Dan's perspective. This allows the author to extend his point o
Andreea Pausan
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The new humans assert themselves in the Galaxy, breaking the Moirai rule and exposing the truth about the culling of the human race. It is nice to put such faith in our future.
Ana

So, I have now reached the conclusion of the Daimones series, and I have to tell you, these are three very different books.

I would say Book One is more character oriented. We meet a bunch of regular folks who are faced with a post-apocalyptic scenario where, for a long time, they believe they may be the only humans left on Earth, and struggle to survive. The book ends with major revelations bestowed upon Dan and other Selected about the motives behind huma
Clare O'Beara
I admire the scope of this book and vivid description, but again I need to say that a reader who enjoys horror would probably give it a higher rating, as I just found some sequences too unpleasant. But if piles of dead bodies and mushing up brains for neurochemical production are for you, get ready for a fast-paced space war.

Ninety years have passed since the invasion of Earth (now referred to as Eridu) by the aliens originally called Daimones, which name I'm sticking to for a sense of connecte
kenneth  h.  robinson
JUSTICE OVERDUE IS FINALLY METED OUT

Dan and his compatriots of like minds are gratified. There is a new order to be established and new promises of cooperation are made with humans in a leading role.
Rodolfo Milos
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is getting better and better!
Kris
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK, I admit that I am a person who likes perfect justice and retribution no matter how unrealistic.
Andie
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great end to a great trilogy. Look forward to more books from Mr. Marino in the future.
Gonzalo
Michael Neyer
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Twist
  • Trespass (The Darkeningstone, #1)
  • My Darling Gunslinger
  • Against Walls (Amgalant One)
  • Brother to Dragons
  • AMP Blitzkrieg (AMP, #3)
  • Emprise (The Trigon Disunity, #1)
  • The Unintentional Time Traveler
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment: A Treatment Guide
  • Girl in The Glass (The Healer's Shadow #1)
  • Striking Mars (Saving Mars #5)
  • The Old Cape Teapot
  • Sign of the Times
  • Almost a Turkish Soap Opera
  • Summer Champagne (Seasons of Love, #4)
  • Sade on the Wall
  • Imaginary Boy
  • Adopted Son

Massimo Marino is an author with Booktrope Publishing LCC, an Active Member of SFWA— the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America association—and member of the CODEX group—https://www.codexwriters.com

He is the Author of multi-awarded Daimones Trilogy: Daimones, Once Humans, The Rise of the Phoenix: The Daimones Trilogy, Vol. 3
Currently writing "The Law" - a YA Urban SF novel.

He's a scient

Daimones Trilogy (3 books)
  • Daimones (Daimones Trilogy #1)
  • Once Humans (Daimones Trilogy #2)