Start by marking “Beautiful Ruin (Nolan Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Ruin (Nolan Brothers, #1)

Beautiful Ruin

(Nolan Brothers #1)

A good archaeologist always finds what he’s digging for…

When Mina Winslow buys her ancestral home with plans to restore it to the beautiful sanctuary it once was, she discovers more than she bargained for. Soon, she's face-to-face with a man from her past. The one man she never stopped longing for.

Renowned archaeologist, Noah Nolan, swore he’d never return to the small, re
Published December 8th 2015 by Amy Olle

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Ruin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Ruin

Carole
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
If you want a book that has romance, intrigue this is for you !

This is the first time I have read a story from Amy Olle, and I can
tell you that I hope she continues on with stories about the Nolan Brothers.

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“It's shocking, I know. A Winslow without money. It's like a Kardashian without a TV camera.”

“He'd seen the sunrise over Jerusalem, touched the walls of the Hagia Sophia, and smelled the air inside the Sistine Chapel, but none of it compared to Mina in that moment of trust and freedom. She broke his heart.”

“He'd had his lifetime full of being expendable to people, and just once, he wanted someone to want him to stay.”

“Her heart contracted. That he worried so made her feel cherish
Danielle Urban
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Ruin by Amy Olle will beautifully ruin readers for any other romance novel. Amy Olle has a power with words that pulls readers deep into her characters souls and into their realistic worlds. Life is beyond easy or simple. A rich girl who pushes her rich lifestyle away trying to make herself into a human being that others can admire will surely get readers attention especially when you add the bad boy gone good, to this mix...Hot, exciting, and one super addictive read. Readers won't kn ...more
Sherri Hayes
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Ruin is one of those books you don't want to put down. I was up until 3am reading, and even then had trouble stopping. It's the best book I've read in a while.

I loved, LOVED, Noah and Mina. They had such amazing chemistry and both their backstories added so much to the story. I knew pretty early on that something was up with Mina, but I had no idea what until everything started to unravel in her world. And I like how the author didn't gloss over it and make it all better over night.

Noa
Rachel Caplinger
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved every moment of this series, starting with Beautiful Ruin, dealing with a second chance love between Mia and Noah where secrets and power are revealed and the true potential of what a relationship could really be when you put down those prejudices that come along with not really knowing what is going on with someone else, but just judge them from the outside. Sweet and sexy at the same time I fell in love with these brothers, and Amy's writing from the get-go. While the beginning of this ...more
Teri
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
An emotional read that tells the story of a second chance romance whose first time was never given a shot due to an undisclosed trauma. 15 years later the chance for that romance is here but will this hea last thru the revelations and hardships? This debut author does a pretty good job of putting together a story that is a standalone but has characters that carry over in the series giving you a chance to get to know the brothers and the women who love them better. The passion is hot and the char ...more
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Trisha
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
One of the best reads of the year!

Review coming soon...
Steph
Mar 18, 2017 added it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Just can't get into this one...shelving it for now and maybe I will come back to it
Doris
Review auf to catch a falling book

Das Haus ihrer Großmutter, in dem sie als Teenager einige Jahre verbracht hatte, ist vollkommen desolat, doch Mina hat einen Traum. Sie will es restaurieren und ein B&B daraus machen, doch das kostet eine Menge Zeit und vor allem Geld. Geld, das sie, obwohl sie eine Winslow ist, nicht hat. Dann werden bei Grabungsarbeiten an einem Brunnen auch noch einige Relikte gefunden und die Arbeit verzögert sich erneut. Als wäre das nicht genug, verliert Mina auch noc
Lisa
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an understated start to this series, with a second chance romance and in other parts of their lives.

For Mina it is a chance to reclaim her ancestral home and she discovers more than she bargained for when bringing it back to its former glory. Holding a special place in her heart with lots of good memories, she is determined nothing will stop her in her quest. When a possible historic site is uncovered, renowned archaeologist Noah returns to the island to the family and the love that he
Judi
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled across this author in search of a good read to fill in time before the next release day of my "favorite author". Amazing!!! I was struck by the quality of Ms Olle's writing and character development. Maybe it was saying something about books i'd read previously, but there was a sweetness, a beauty in sharing the past of a haunting heroine as she battles to save an old estate that once belonged to her ancestors. Struggling with bad experiences from her teen years, Mina is determined to ...more
Tina Marina
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an emotional rollercoaster of a book. There were secrets to be found out and from the start we were guessing. I thought I had the secret in the bag and had it all wrapped up very nicely in my head, but no that is not what Amy Olle did, she twisted it away from what I thought to something totally different and I loved it.

This right here is what I love about a book, that the authors takes you on an adventure where you haven’t got a clue what is going to happen. Bloody love it!

ItaPixie
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

I liked this book so much, it is a heartwarming and heartbreaking story with some steamy moments.

Amy Olle's writing lured me into this story,it is so realistic and honest, it looked like I met some new friends and discovered some new beautiful places page after page.

Mina and Noah need some happiness in their troubled lives. After some years they found each other again and their chemistry is still the same,but this time they also open their hearts, telling all the truth about their dark pasts an

Devika Fernando
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional, fast-paced and sensual with a dark twist. Sometimes I thought I was watching a movie because the characters really came alive.
Sarah N
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Norma Jean
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mina Winslow has taken on the nearly impossible task of renovating the huge old crumbling house that was built by her ancestors. She has dreams of making it into a bed and breakfast. When it becomes necessary to dig a new well, interesting artifacts surface.

Enter Noah Nolan, a world renowned archaeologist. He is doing his best to complete the archaeological dig in a timely manner so that Mina can continue with her plans. Noah and Mina are not strangers. They attended the same high school and dat
Amber
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mina buys her ancestral home on Thief Island hoping to renovate it and open a bed and breakfast. During the renovation, however, some artifacts are found, and an archaeologist is called in. Nolan is a renowned Irish archaeologist...and also Mina's high school crush! They had one intense night together in high school, but lost contact until he walks into her door about the excavation. They are startled to see each other, but the old attraction is still there.

I liked the characters and the story
Margaret Watkins
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author and this is my voluntary review.

Beautiful Ruin is a sad love story with many unresolved issues between Mina and Noah. Both had terrible pain that had not been dealt with and as they meet up again after 15 years, the pot begins to bubble and the issues surface. Mina has so much that is working against her, and the disappointments just keep mounting. Noah's own self-worth is in much need of repair as well. However, the attraction between Noah and Mina
Bookgyrl
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book kept me reading, even when it was sometimes confusing. The story is beautifully written and both Mina and Noah have demons from the past to overcome.

It took a while for the whole story to be reveiled and It was a bit weird how un-communicative all these people were! You haven't seen your brother in 15 years and you don't know anything about his life or career? They felt so detached from each other, but as the story progresses more came to light.

I did feel the heroine had to work thro
Tina
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the total story but I was very confused in the beginning. I was expecting a very 'naughty' book. Don't get me wrong, it had its naughty moments. but it was more of a love story. Past lovers reunited and all of that, but the author tried to make it raunchy. This was not a raunchy story. Two people with a crush on each other but too much baggage. When Ms. Olle decided it was about love, half way through, then we had a story.
Notes for next time, it is what it is. If you want a love story,
Andrea
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have read by Amy Olle and I plan to read more. From the first chapter, she sucked me in. I liked the stories of both characters and the chemistry she created with them. Olle gave just enough background story to suck the reader in. The writing was powerful and made you really care about the characters.

You have two characters who went to high school together, who didn't run in the same crowds but ended up together over a Halloween party one night. Fast forward to 15 year
Marsha
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Beautiful Ruin by Amy Olle

This is a terrific start to a series. It introduces an abundance of peripheral characters, while focusing on the second chance romance between Noah and Mina. They haven't seen each other in years and have a lot to overcome, but they worked together to find the secrets. Hopefully the series will bring us more of these stories.
Amy Leibenguth
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really sweet romance. Noah and Mina are both damaged souls. Heartache from their past has led them down paths of solitude. But they each never forgot that one night under the stars. It’s a beautiful story of putting their pasts to rest and finding love and a future with each other.
Donna Foster
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God!

This was so beautifully written. Mina had to go through it was so very heartbreaking lovely. I read the second one first which was really good but this one you really should start with that's one now I have to read all the brothers can't wait!
Cynthia
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terrific

This was such a great story. Second chances at first love. Mina came from a family with money but for away from them. He high school first love is the bad boy from Ireland. Noah didn't have an easy life after they moved to the states. But now older he found her again.
Kathi
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good book, exactly what I needed at this moment. Mina is very relatable, I think a lot of women can see some part of themselves in her.
Linda
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book. The story is about two somewhat broken people and how through hard work and a lot of heartache found each other.
Shelley
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story and one that will tear at your heart. Mina and Noah has a lot of past issues that will break your heart but their love brings them through it all. This is a must read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Book Giveaways: Win Amy Olle’s New Romance “Beautiful Ruin” 1 9 Feb 24, 2016 12:04PM
Amy Olle writes sexy contemporary romances filled with hope, heart, and humor. She is delighted to put her Psychology degrees to good use writing romance.

Her debut novel, BEAUTIFUL RUIN, is the first book in a series about the five Irish-born Nolan brothers sent as children to live with family on a remote island in northern Michigan.

BEAUTIFUL RUIN received a Readers' Favorite 5-star review!

Amy li

Nolan Brothers (5 books)
  • Sweetest Mistake (Nolan Brothers, #2)
  • Dirty Play (A Nolan Brothers Series Novel ~ Book 3)
  • Mad Love (A Nolan Brothers Novel Book 4)
  • Last Heartbreak (A Nolan Brothers Novel Book 5)
“Like an unwelcome ghost, he’d haunted her,” 0 likes