Start by marking “Mango Key (Mango Bob #5)” as Want to Read:
Mango Key (Mango Bob #5)

Mango Key

(Mango Bob #5)

Walker and his bobtail cat, Mango Bob, are at it again. Traveling across Florida in their motorhome, enjoying a laidback lifestyle while trying to stay out of trouble.

He's been asked by the lovely Doctor Joy to take her to Key West. She promises it'll be a trip he won't soon forget. A chance to visit the Florida Keys with a beautiful woman? No way he can pass it up. But t
Published December 9th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Mango Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mango Key

Kristina Trawick
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Is this written by someone else?

I just started this book, and may change the rating later. I have read all the book is this series , and have enjoyed them all. What I don't get is how the backstory is so different than what was actually writ t end in the previous books. Would love an answer to this......How he ended up with Bob, his money and the RV is so not the same.
Lisa
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
The author doesn't seem to have read his own books. He has not only changed Walker's backstory, but now he has completely changed how Mango Bob came to live with Walker. Add to that the reappearance of the lying, stealing, manipulative Lori and the constant retelling of what just happened in the previous chapter, and I'm giving up on the series.
Julia Walker
Apr 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the fourth in the Mango bob series. They have been a fun read but this one has some issues. The author seems to ahve forgotten what it wrote in the previous one and how it ended because the facts have now changed. This is frustrating - keep the story line straight. There are also a lot more typos.
Walt Mccluskey
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mango key

Different than expected by quite a bit and that made it a very entertaining read. I haven't decided if it was a comedy or just the amusing telling of a good story but I will check out more of the series.
Jeff Benham
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simple is never simple for Walker. Lori wants him to take her down to Key West to visit her sister. Not until they are on the road does he find out that Lori's sister is the Wiener Girl of Key West. She does a nice business with a hot dog stand and is being threatened by a thug. Buck is going with them and has arranged for transportation once they get there. This leads to him meeting Kat, the daughter of a friend of Buck's, and a girl you do not want to get mad. Her dad has a computer problem an ...more
Bonnie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting, fun and light - quick reading.

I decided to read this book after reading a book about RV living where the 'Mango Bob adventure' series was mentioned.
The book is very well written.
The action moves along quickly in Mango Key - keeping the reader interested in "what's next" ??
The antics of Bob - the cat - are great and totally realistic. Being a professional house and pet sitter Bob's personality totally shines through the whole adventure!
I will definitely be reading more in the serie
Drew
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle, beach
Another fun Mango Bob story (although I week like it should be the “Walker Series”)! If you’ve read the other books in the series before then you know what to expect. Someone needs some help and Walker is roped in to it leading him and his motorhome on an adventure. This book being in Key West gave me the bug to go back and visit! I can’t wait to read about Walker’s next adventure!
May
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast paced.

Enjoyable and very readable, although the second half was full of twists and turns. Likeable main characters, although the Lori and Kat came off as being very pushy! Mango Bob was a welcome addition...the author obviously knows cats very well.
Story well thought out and well written. Would definately recommend.
Kristin Goldy
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
The guy is a wuss and gullible

The main character is portrayed as an ex army tough guy but in all the stories, he is pulled around by his nose by all the women. Kind of loses all credibility as a tough guy and is predictably duped. The mystery story as a whole is entertaining but I’m tired of the bossy women.
Melina Jimenez-Flores
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Series on a roll

I liked this installment of Mango Bob, but I will say the premise is about the same as the last book (Mango Glades). It did not take much out of it but does get you thinking well ahead what's gonna happen next.
Barry Buchanan
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read

I lived in the area where these books take place. It's fun to read about Walker and his friends visiting the places that I once visited.
IMHO
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Mango Key", book 5, in the Mango Bob series,
is a fun, fast read with likeable characters.

Recommended
Roger
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable book in the series.
Deb Randolph
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun adventure

I have been reading this series in order and every book has been great. Who knew a cat and a man in a RV could encounter so many mysteries. Each book holds a new adventure in Florida with quirky characters. I can't wait to read the next book!
Bruce W Werts
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
That was fun!

I very much enjoyed my time with Mango Bob in the book Mango Key. I have also enjoyed all of my adventures in the Keys.
Rambling Boho
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Good story, needs editing.

I really liked this story. It kept me interested and I didn't want to put the book down. However, it needs some major polishing. There is so much double dialogue its frustrating to read. If the book gets edited and updated, I'm sure it would be a 5-star read. But as it stands now, it's not.
ronda
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I really enjoyed this book some unexpected turns. Enjoyed the characters. Great ending. Thanks for letting me read this story . Looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Robert Sanderson
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The fun continues

I really enjoy the Mango Bob series - just quick, fun reads with simple plots and quirky characters - not Pulitzer Prize material, but a cat, sand and sun - not a whole lot more needed.
michael pilgrim
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
super cool.

haveing lived in florida and driving big trucks, I used to use the back roads to dodge state scales and toll booths. I drove across alligator alley several times. this book was well researched and documented. the only reference missing was the fact that they grow a special lime calling them key limes and are the basis for key lime pie and just about every local restrurant serves key lime pie. story moved smooth and believable. I didnt figure out the ending but only have one question..
Anam Cara
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I am thrilled to have read another Mango Bob adventure. These are the best stories! I especially enjoyed this one because it takes place in Key West. I am familiar with the area having been there numbers times. I could imagine all the locations. It makes me want to plan another trip there.

Walker is tasked with taking Lori to Key West to help her sister. Buck goes along and he has "connections" there. We meet Kat, the "Russian Princess" who is very helpful with the problem Walker and Lori are the
j bradshaw
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A SERIES OF FIVE BOOKS

Just finished the last book in the series. They are difficult to classify. Each book is stand along. They are part Florida crime stories(but not much) part adventure(but not much) and part travelogue. They are enjoyable like an old friend talking. I did find it annoying that the back story was modified from book to book.
Roy Rutledge
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mango glades

Just finished Mango Glades. Very good. Read all Mango books in the last week,sure need another another one. How long will it be till the next one comes out? I think that is too long.
Mr. Myers tells a great tale. Need scratch and sniff with these books to get the true aroma of the Keys. Now waiting on the next one.
Dave Schumm
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good Mango story

As this is the fifth Mango Bob story I've read, I had the others to weigh it against. The plot is great and an enjoyable read. Just a couple of confusing areas that don't correspond with the other books. Don't let that stop you, it's a good read.
Fran Gallo
Dec 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Nothing ever goes wrong in a Mango Bob novel and there is always a big financial reward for just being good person. A nice, happy, fast, simple, and easy read... I always look forward to a new Mango Bob novel. :-)
Kent Johnson
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mango Bob strikes again!

Walker goes to the Keys to investigate some trouble at the Weiner Girl hotdog stand. Seem like a simple job? Not when Walker gets going and ends up investigating a gang, hackers and other thrills. Mango Bob is right beside him, back at the RV!
Karen B.
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it
See my review for Mango Bob

Thelma Jean Haynes
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sorry it is the last

This last mango Bob book is one of the best. Walker continues to let women get him involved in crazy problems that he uses his mind to resolve.
Kathy Mertens
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
love these books. each one is better than the last and now I want to live in a motor home and travel.
RONALD L PRYOR
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read

One of those books you can't put down. You wish it would just go on and on! Looking on to the next book.
Richard
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining

Light hearted well written. I read the whole series in two days. Laughing and smiling all the time at the situations.

• Mango Bay (Mango Bob, #3)
  • We are NOT Buying a Camper! (Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries #0.5)
  • Dead Man Stalking (Barbara Marr Murder #5)
  • Trouble in Paradise (Paradise, #3)
  • Live and Let Growl (A Melanie Travis Mystery, #19)
  • Dusted To Death (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #8)
  • Hell on Wheels (An Odelia Grey Mystery, #9)
  • Hide and Sneak (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #23)
  • Dial H for Hitchcock (A Cece Caruso Mystery, #5)
  • January Thaw (Murder-by-Month Mystery #9)
  • Catnapped! (A Dead-End Job Mystery, #13)

Mango Bob (6 books)
  • Mango Bob (Mango Bob, #1)
  • Mango Lucky (Mango Bob, #2)
  • Mango Bay (Mango Bob, #3)
  • Mango Glades (Mango Bob #4)
  • Mango Blues (Mango Bob #6)
“He said, “Murrph.” 0 likes
“Leaving the parking garage, I stayed on Front Street until I reached Mel Fisher's Treasure Museum.” 0 likes