Start by marking “Liam Takes Manhattan (Elder Races #9.5)” as Want to Read:
Liam Takes Manhattan (Elder Races #9.5)

Liam Takes Manhattan

(Elder Races #9.5)

Warning: this story contains a major spoiler from SHADOW’S END (book #9, released December 1st, 2015. If readers do not want to be spoiled, they should read the stories in order of their release dates. This is a short story (15,000 words or 50 pages) intended for readers of the Elder Races who enjoy Liam Cuelebre as a character.

Reeling from a deep loss, the magical prince
Published December 22nd 2015 (first published December 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Liam Takes Manhattan, please sign up.

Alex is The Romance Fox
Liam Takes Manhattan is the 3rd and final novella in a trilogy and book #9,5 in the Elder Races Series.

I have loved this Dragos/Pia/Liam Trilogy....the first two being Dragos Goes to Washington and Pia Does Hollywood.

These are three of the characters in the series that have a special place in my heart.
Liam is growing up big time!!!! It's been amazing taking a peek or two into his head and get an idea of what he thinks about life around him.

Adore the relationship he has with Dragos and Pia......
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Well, this is a super short, fifty page novella about a whole lot of teenage rebelliousness and you can't help but feel sorry for all parties involved.

Liam is literally only one years old but has grown to an adult in that time. He is highly intelligent and handles most things well but there is so much that he simply hasn't had time to experience and grow into.

description

I liked how he finally handled things although I'm scared about what might happen between him and Dragos! I was surprised that he was wi
Sophia Triad
Dragos and his family - STORY 6

“Kids these days," Dragos said quietly. "They grow up so fast."
"Supersonic fast," Pia said just as quietly.”

Unfortunately, little Peanut grows up much faster than I can handle it. After only a few months and a few books, Liam is young enough to know everything, ready to conquer the world, abruptly rude when he talks back to his father and eager to meet girls.
I usually prefer time travelling in the stories, when we need to meet the older version of a character
Ferdy
Spoilers

Liam's story was a bit too angsty and self-pitying. I couldn't really take him all that seriously because he was only actually a year old yet had magically grown into a teenager in that space of time, all it did was remind me of Renesmee from Twilight. I did like that there was no romance or bad-guy-of-the-week plot, it just would have been more enjoyable had Liam been more likeable instead of a self-pitying, privileged, spoilt brat.
Marta Cox
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Ok I will be honest and say this is extremely short and I'm well aware that many readers will rate it quite low because of the brevity. My take is that I adore this family and Liam aka the Peanut is a character that is rapidly changing ( in more ways than one!) and to delay or dilly dally with a long drawn out story wouldn't do his own personal growth any favours.
Liam is when you think about it in oh so many ways just a baby and yet being Wyr means the possibility of accelerated growth and beli
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Hmm... I kinda lost a bit of respect for Liam...
Rate: 2.5/3 stars.
Beth
Talk about your growing pains. Liam, prince to the Wyr Nation, has gone from birth to adult in 30 seconds flat, well,it’s more like a year, but seriously how is a mother to cope. That is the pretty pickle, Pia and Dragos, the Dragon Lord, are facing.

Before they have a chance to get Liam his first puppy he is sprouting his wings and getting ready to fly out of the nest.

Battling the predatory instincts of his dragon, Liam must decide the man he wishes to become…with a little help from his friends
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Blog Review: http://www.sweptawaybyromance.com/201...

5 "Rebellious Child Dragon" Stars!!

I absolutely love Dragos, Pia, and Liam!! This was a great little novella, only 50 pages or so, but it packed a powerful punch, and left off with a few burning questions that will leave you wanting much more!!!

Young Liam Cuelebre, Prince Cuelebre, is actually only about a year old, but in the Wyr world he is almost fully grown, not only physically, but mentally and emotionally. He will soon be as big (if n
Tori
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2015/12/review-...

Liam Cuelebre is experiencing some growing pains. The events of the past few weeks has taken a toll on him and he finds himself drifting along aimlessly as he struggles to understand exactly what happened and his place in the world.

Pia and Dragos are at a loss on how to cheer up their son so they decide on a gift that Liam has wanted forever. His response is worthy of the prince he is and it leads him to make a choice on tha
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
3.5

This was a short, quick read. It also contains a MAJOR spoiler, so make sure that you have read Shadow's End before this one.

Liam is Dragos' and Pia's magical son. And you just can't help but think he's growing up so fast. Too fast. Of course it doesn't help that he's a one year old in the body of a young adult. The process and why this happens to him is explained well and - since this is a paranormal series - it's credible.

Liam is butting heads with his autocratic father - being his father
Paige  Bookdragon

"So many people think love is an emotion. I love you, they say, and that is supposed to excuse all their bad behaviors and elevate them to a higher level just because they happen to feel something. That isn't love; it's an excuse."

What you'll read in this book:

○ Liam's biggest decision.

○ Dragos' as a father to a "rebellious" teenager. Like, he's the coolest and the strictest dad ever.

○ A possible spoiler or development for the next story.

○Puppies.
Stacie
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
My only complaint is that it was too short. I want more, more, more of my sweet baby dragon boy who is not a baby at all anymore. I love reading about Liam. I really hope he gets a full length novel in the future. In the meantime updates on what he's up to will be good.

Can't wait for more from the Elder Races. Happy reading!
Douglas Meeks
Hmmm, well I finished Liam Takes Manhattan (Elder Races) and without saying a lot, the Amazon price is $1.99 and not sure if it is worth that much. It really is more of a slice of life for Liam, Pia and Dragos with a touch of "coming of age" mess. A few cute things but really nothing much happens but a LOT of stuff point towards a future book or spinoff for Liam that might be really interesting and this novella gives you some insight while setting it up but does not actually take much of anythin ...more
Mitticus
Steph
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Liam Takes Manhattan is the last in Thea's second Dragos family trilogy following Dragos Goes to Washington and Pia Does Hollywood. In it, we see a young man (very young - (view spoiler)) struggling with some major life changes.

He, like everyone else, is reeling from a recent loss (in Shadow's End, (vi
Beebs

The third and final book in a trilogy of novellas about the Cuelebre family.

Liam has been growing up really fast, due to another growth spurt, his body and Dragon are young adults and it is taking him and his parents a little time to adjust. He acts like a lot of teenagers in this book, he's feeling rebellious, resenting parental guidance and he is trying to figure out his place in the world. On top of that, he and everyone else are still struggling with the outcome of events in Shadow's End an
SheLove2Read
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
For me, this was a bit of a sad read, even though I enjoyed it. Liam is growing up at an exponential rate, and with that aging comes issues no one has foreseen. I admit parts of the story made me teary eyed. Recommended if you're a fan of the series.

Note: this should not be read until after book nine, as it opens with a major spoiler from the previous book.
Keri
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Liam stories and TH has set him up to have his own adventures without impacting the main Elders ARC. So yea for that. This is a good coming of age story short and I look forward to where she leads Liam in the future. I can related to the rebellious teen scenes.
namericanwordcat
This short story is a must read if you love the series and I do. I love what we get of Pia and Dragos. Liam coming into is own is wonderful. I can't say much without spoiling.

I wish there had been a sub plot of a secondary romance in here but a fine read.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Liam Takes Stars ~

Liam Takes Manhattan is a shot story in the Elder Races series by Thea Harrison.

This short is meant to be read after Shadow's End. Yes, their are spoilers for Shadow's End in this story, so read the novel first or be warned.

I enjoyed the insight into Liam. He’s such a unique being that it puts him in a tough situation. Add in that he is now a teenager in less time then it takes other Wyr to grow and you have a character trying to find their place in the Wyr world and batt
Holly
I really love Liam, and watching him grow and change has been a delight. I was looking forward to this story for many reasons, not the least of which is the way things ended for Liam in Shadow's End. While I really enjoyed the story itself and liked seeing things from Liam's perspective, the end really frustrated me. Usually I finish these novellas feeling satisfied, but this one left me frustrated and wanting more. That isn't to say it wasn't a good story, but why did it have to end the way it ...more
AlwaysV
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Growing up at warp speed, that's Liam. So crazy in love with this short story. Since I've never read Harry Potter, I'm not going to speculate on Liam's future plan. But my friends who have read HP, believe that we'll get to read Liam's experience at a kind of imitation of Hogwarts next. Ah, sorry, a review not a speculation :( An amazing short story. Anyone who loves Inanna, the goddess of Love, will be happy to get a glimpse of her again.
a & e
if this story was longer and actually went through Liam and him being at Glenhaven and we got a chance to see whether or not he wanted the job he originally wanted or even got it it would be a lot better. these tasters/filler stories kinda leave me discontent you know?
although.... if this all plays out to have a book about Liam and Phaedra in the future I'm all for it.
Sandy S
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 22, 2015

Warning: This story contains a major spoiler from SHADOW’S END (book #9, released December 1st, 2015). If readers do not want to be spoiled, they should read the stories in order of their release dates.

Reeling from a deep loss, the magical prince of the Wyr, Dragos and Pia’s son Liam Cuelebre, turns inward and withdrawn as h
Amyiw
This was the said to be the 3rd of the trio of novellas at the end of 2015, including Dragos Goes to Washington, Pia Does Hollywood, and this one. I feel it really was a stand alone and more a transition from Shadow's End. If you haven't read Shadow's End, you should not read this as there are 2, pretty big spoilers from that book reveled. Though the over all story of the book is not affected, you would get the whammy at the end taken away.

This is Liam's book of transition from the baby and kid
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy

***WARNING**** Liam Takes Manhattan takes place AFTER Shadow's End and has some definite spoilers in it. Suggestion, read Shadow's End first*****

Liam is growing up. He's not your average boy, he's Dragos heir and he has some challenges that he needs to meet. Not to impress Dragos but to fulfil a need in himself.

But just like every other child he first needs to leave the nest. Liam has to decide how it he is going to accomplish hi
Jen Davis
I feel conflicted. This is a solid short story and a necessary one after the events of Shadow’s Fall. Liam Cuelebre is almost fully grown and chafing at the shackles built by the love and protection from his parents. He wants to spread his wings –to get out from under his father’s massive shadow. But that’s a tall order when you’re only a year old.

And there’s the rub. He’s a year old. Yes, he is nearly six feet tall and he’s a powerful dragon. But try as I might, I can’t ignore his age. Thea Har
Amanda
Reviewed for: Where the Night Kind Roam

This is a pretty short novella, I definitely wanted more from this story; mostly because I love this family so much! We were there when Liam was conceived to his birth, to his first day of school, his first shift, his first crush; our baby is growing up too damn fast.. Literally. Liam is technically only about a year old but he grows in leaps and bounds and is now closer to a 19 year old in temperament and appearance. Liam makes a decision that will take hi
Elizabeth H.
I have been salivating for the final book in this miniseries of The Cuelebre Family. We get such a holiday treat from Ms. Harrison with this way-to-short-I-wish-it-were-longer-but-I’ll-read-anything-she-writes story.

Liam is growing up FAST. Well, his body and his dragon is anyway. He’s still relatively young in every other area and his dragon is pushing him to mature faster than his mind can. Liam is struggling with the immense power his Wyr form holds and he is experiencing some monumental gro
Lady Jaye
1. What I mostly got out of this is that Liam is /has become a douche bag.

2. Parroting "you're a wonderful, awesome little boy" all the time does not a good parent make.

3. Pia is NOT a good parent.

4. Hugh was dead-ass wrong. Not your kid, not your responsibility to divulge info to him.

5. Thea Harrison done ruined Liam's character. A baby dragon not even a year old is almost six feet and is going to college? Nah. No life experience, no nothing. Being a half unicorn - dragon baby doesn't change
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: need to update a book series number 3 26 Nov 10, 2015 09:20PM

• Amid the Winter Snow
  • Dragon on Top (Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • Bring Me a Dream (Reveler, #5)
  • Wild Embrace (Psy-Changeling #2.5, 5.5, 11.5, 12.25)
  • Feral Magic
  • Mind Magic (World of the Lupi, #12)
  • A Very Levet Christmas (Guardians of Eternity, #11.5)
  • Sentinel of Darkness (Darkness #8)
  • Souljacker (Lily Bound, #1)
  • The Emerald Lily (Vampire Blood, #4)
  • Defying Eternity (An Obscure Magic, #5)
  • Undiscovered (Amoveo Rising #1)
  • Unforgiven (Vampires in America, #7.5)
  • Wickedly Ever After (Baba Yaga, #2.5)
  • The Dragon Conspiracy (SPI Files, #2)
  • My Lord Mayhem (Disenchanted & Co., #0.5)
  • Night's Blaze: Part 4
I write paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and other stuff. I taught myself to read when I was four. That was around the time I tried to ride my tricycle to work. I wasn't sure where work was, but I knew it had to be interesting if people went there every day. Now I combine my love of books with work, and I don't have to ride my tricycle to get there. My Elder Races series began May, 2011. You can ...more

Elder Races (9 books)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races, #3)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Night's Honor (Elder Races, #7)
  • Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8)
  • Shadow's End (Elder Races, #9)
“If your life is a blank page, that only means you have room to write your story. You have the power to tell that story the way you want to.” 1 likes
“Love is like a lion. It’s fierce and strong. It conquers fear and uncertainties, and it knows how to fight. Love fights to win and keep its mate, to do the right thing, to give to others in service, no matter what the cost. ‘Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” 0 likes