Start by marking “Hunter” as Want to Read:
Hunter

Hunter

Born into blood, I was a mafia princess. Raised in hiding, I was a Californian sweetheart.

The day my father sold my thirteen year old body to pay off a five year old debt was the day my mother stole me in the dead of night. She protected me as she was supposed to.

My father may have been the king, but my mother was the queen.

The mafia blood was hers.

That was ten years ago.
Published March 28th 2016

Beverly
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been so intrigued by Blaire Drake’s writing since I saw the blurb for Dear Professor, so naturally I had to jump into this one. I didn’t actually read they blurb and was so pleasantly surprised with the unexpected suspenseful plot.

Adriana is just a child when she is woken in the middle of the night by her mother and flees from her home. Her mother saves her that night because her father, a mafia leader, sold her to the highest bidder. Her and her mother escape leaving that world behind i
Sabrina
4 'Kill me or fuck me' Stars

"Addy I need you to come with me. now." Those were the words that changed Adriana Romano's life ten years ago when she was only thirteen years old. Her mother, the Queen of the Romano family, took her away from her home when she learned that her father had sold her to cover a debt. When Adriana was taken away she didn't just leave behind her home, she left her best friend. But when he shows up out of no where after ten years, she knows it's definitely not a happy reun
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
★★★ 3 stars...Or less :/ ★★★

This book started of promising enough.Great blurb,beautiful writing and a superb prologue,which might I add,raised my expectations for this book up a few notched because how suspense packed and bad-assed the characters seemed..
And well,Once the actual story started,the whole plot of wheeled down hill from there.

My biggest problem with this book was actually the Heroine.The BLURB PROMISED ME a kick-assed revenge thirsty mafia queen,instead what did I get ?
A 23 year o
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
Review to come.

ARC was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Michelle
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 21f802aae8b488df43436ef20296a8_zpsnzpqfecl.gif

Blaire Drake. Immediately when I hear this author’s name, I think of her book, Dear Professor, which was wickedly sexy and steamy. And so when I found out that she was releasing another book, I knew I had to get my hands on it.

photo 9558eae29d24f12123fc023a35f176_zpsidswr4xi.gif“My name, Adriana, was dark. My nickname, scuro, was dark. My life, a mafia princess, was dark. My father had no idea what he’d done. One day, he would pay. He would atone for his sins. I would make sure of it.”

Unli
Sybil aka Lala
Adriana was once a Mafia princess. But when her father sold her body to pay-off a heavy debt, her mother stole her away during the night and she was raised in hiding. Now, years later, with the queen dead, the princess all grown up and her father determined to hide the fact that another claim to his ill-gotten throne still exists- a ruthless killer is sent to put an end to her life.

Hunter once loved a girl. But after her death he was left with a black hole in his heart and the only method he cou
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Inkslinger PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

PREORDER Hunter

What would you do if you were woken up in the middle of the night and given the choice of your freedom or being collateral for your father? Well, for Alexandria Romano, the Queen of the Romano mafia, her daughter's life is not up for negotiation and she'll do whatever it takes to keep her daughter safe. Even if that means stealing away in the night and disappearing. For now. Until she take her revenge on her no g
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Shelves: 2016-arc

4.0 Princepessa & Cacciatore STARS!!!

What was life, really? It sure as hell wasn't a mixture of love and honesty. It was closer to a clusterfuck of bullshit and lies.

Hunter is my first Blaire Drake book and I would say, the author managed to deliver a good story with a good plot. This action filled drama of a mafia princess and her hunter is worth devouring.More than the panty wetting scenes and a damn hot lead that will make your panties melt, this story is raw,intense, heart gripping a
Audrey Carlan
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mafia princess vs the assassin vs the Godfather. What an intense ride! I'd not read anything like this book before. Sure, I'm Italian, so I've seen "The Godfather" movies and had an idea what to expect. So wrong. This book was one of those tales where you had no idea how it was going to end. Both the anti-hero and heroine were beyond complex. Their personalities were difficult, layered with past tragedies and present regrets. The smutty bits were wicked hot, but the dirty talk...that was where i ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hunter is a white hot thriller with an exquisite combination of danger, sex and intrigue.

I have a thing for dark, dangerous men—especially when they are tied to the mafia. It’s like my lady bits just spontaneously combust. And Hunter happens to be a perfect read for spontaneously combusting parts, panties on fire, and danger afoot! I feel like I was swept away into the perfect movie. Hot, hunky men. Strong, gorgeous women. Adventure. Guns. Blood. Oh, yessssss!

Anyone who’s ever loved and lost,
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Addictive, suspenseful and freakin HOT! The Princess is kick ass and Hunter won my heart. Full review to come!
Heather C
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: march-2016, arc
I was intrigued by this book from the start. I love Mafia books. The crime, the suspense, the angst...all of it. I couldn't wait to dive in.

Adrianna Romono was born a Mafia princess. Her mother was the Queen. Due to a horrific decision her father makes, Adrianna and her mother go on the run at age thirteen. She leaves behind a mafia princess enchanted life and the boy who she was inseparable from.

Carlo "Hunter" Rosso believes his best friend and childhood love is dead. Until he finds out that sh
Paula  Phillips
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it

After really enjoying Blaire Drake's first book "Dear Professor" , I was curious to read her new release Hunter. This one of course was a whole different pretense. Hunter started with a girl and her mother disappearing off in the middle of the night , then flipped to ten years later. Ten years ago, Adriana aka Addy and her mother Alexandria discovered that her father had sold her off as part of a debt and in order to save Addy, her mother planned for them to escape and run away and be safe which
Bibliophile Wonderland Reviews
Shelves: arc
If you are a fan of Mafia Romance books then this is the book for you!

Alexandria the queen of the Romano family took matters into her own hands and saved the person she loved the most, Adrianna. Years laters the princess has now become the queen and is ready to take her rightful place as boss of the family. Someone from Addy’s past comes into play and my derail her plans for the hostile takeover.

Hunter Russo, the assassin to Enzo Romano is given an assignment that shakes him to his core. To kil
Wit & Wonder Books
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

What happens when the hunter becomes the prey? When one women holds the power to both destroy and redeem a man who's lost his soul?

Adriana had a childhood no child should ever be subjected to. Knowing only fear, darkness and evil. One boy was the only source of light and love until they were parted and one day her savoir became her executioner.

A life on the run and years later these two come together. Hunter has been given orders that if he
Heather andrews
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

******************MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS****************

Hunter, oh Hunter I loved him, but the boy always knew how to point out the obvious, "I picked up the box and looked at it. Slowly, I looked back at her. “So let me get this straight. You want to travel across the country, kill your father, and take over a multi-million dollar family business that deals in very dark, very illegal practices, but you can't set up a disposable cell phone?” Hunter is seriously the king of smart-a**ery, “really,”
Casey
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

Hunter is the second book I have read from Blaire Drake, and I really enjoyed it! This standalone story had a lot of action and steam, and I liked the characters a lot. I am already looking forward to reading more from Blaire Drake and I hope that she writes more in this world.

Adriana and her mother fled when she was a child after her mob boss father sold her. With just her mom and the man that became like a father to her, Adriana left behin
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a mafia read that is intense and sexy. :)
Shelves: my-favorites
*I received an ARC from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review*

Thank you so much InkSlinger PR for sending me a copy of this book! I was so happy to see it on my kindle!! I'm honored and grateful!! This is going down as a favorite of 2016! <3

description

5 stars!!!

I'm quite drawn to mafia romance books and this one immediately caught my eye. This is a mafia book done right and I loved every bloody second of it. It was so intense at times i'd have to put down my Kindle and just breathe for a
Habiba Hasabo
Apr 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Give me a Mafia -related- book and I'm all in. I just love them. They are dangerous in their own way, and I am always alert and waiting for the other shoe to drop while reading. Mafia -related- books are full of adernaline , and never ending action.

“I might have forgotten what your voice sounds like and what it feels like when you touch me, but I'd never forget your eyes.” And my heart would never forget to skip a beat when he's close, and my soul would never forget to reach out for his. “I loo
Rebecca
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
In the mafia, family is everything; blood is the only thing that matters. For Adriana, though, her blood is exactly why she becomes a pawn in a power play, and for her safety, her mother, the mafia queen, hides her away from anyone who can harm her. But 10 years later, Adriana’s life is once again in jeopardy, and with her mother’s death, the only person she can trust is herself because the boy who had always protected her, cared for her, and fought her battles for her becomes the assassin whose ...more
Jeanie V.
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-reads
What I liked:
The premise of the story: mother & daughter escape ruthless mafia husband and father. Father sends an assassin to find them and kill them. However, the assassin hired to kill them has a close tie to the mafia princess - they grew up best friends, he was her protector and now he has to kill her or he will be killed. But most of all, don't underestimate the queen...

I enjoyed reading how mother & daughter "escape" (albeit it was a very short scene) - there was a lot of action i
Sophie
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 wickedly hot, sexy, suspenseful stars.

Hunter from start to finish is a hot and heavy read that gripped me, stole my breath, made my heart pound and my head spin.
This book consumed me and it electrified me. A raw, intense buzz builds while reading Hunter. Tantalising twists and turns threw me off course and kept me fully addicted to each and every page, I devoured each and every word and loved each and every second.
Hunter himself is a deep, dark character that I was instantly drawn to. His s
Obsessive Book Nerd Lauren
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. To read more reviews like this one, check out Obsessive Book Nerd!

I found the synopsis of Hunter very intriguing. I just wish I would have enjoyed it more. I really liked the book, at first, then I started to get bored. I guess, with books about the mafia, the characters have to be dominating, untrustworthy and rough around the edges. I mean, duh right? Don't get me wrong, I expected it, but soon as I thought a character felt "nor
Amy
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Death? No. I didn't fear death. A part of me welcomed it. Welcomed the silence, the peace, the black abyss. I figured that when it came, I'd be Alice jumping down the rabbit hole, except there would be no Wonderland, only numbness."

"People change, and so does love. I did't want a gentle brush of his fingertips on my skin. I wanted a bruising grasp on my hips. I didn't want a delicate kiss. I wanted my bottom lip bitten. I didn't want my heart stolen. I wanted my breath fucked out me. I didn't w
J
Mar 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF @ chapter twelve.

The blurb says "... What he didn’t know was that the queen was dead, and the princess had taken her throne. Blood didn’t lie. It smeared, distorted, stained. But it didn’t lie.
My father was going to learn the hard way that the empire he’d stolen belonged to me..."
There was no strong queen in this book. Not one bit. She was weak and boring and I was waiting for her to die.
Tahsin
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mafia-mob-cult
I had higher hopes for this book. It was pretty well written, but it was still missing something that could have made it better. It wasn't bad by any means - far from it - but it wasn't amazing either.

WHO IN THE WORLD IS THIS AUTHOR? I have some ideas, but I will keep it to myself until s/he reveals their own identity.
Isabelle k  ✖️BOOKLOVER
3 stars

It started out well but then declined afterwards. I liked the hero but i hated the heroine, she just got on my nerves as the book went along. I ended up rushing through it after the 57% mark.

The first half was passionate and funny with their continuous banters and the love-hate background. The characters came out as strong and determined but then the heroine messed the other half of the book with her TSTL moments which were just too much and if i first view her as strong,she just ended u
Fatima Herondale
I have never read a mafia book that I enjoyed and found really good- was really hoping this would be the one because I loved Drake's other book, but it was not to be. I'm just fed up with these angst filled, pretentious characters who tell each a lot about how badass and awesome and scary they are but never actually do anything remotely awe-inspiring??? Why does every book have these same characters??? Is this the first lesson they teach you in Steamy-Angsty-Mafia-Romance101??
FMR Book Grind
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
LEEANN'S REVIEW
4 STARS

This book literally hits the ground running & continues to be fast paced almost all the way through. In the middle it slows down a bit, but then it picks up again &
continues all the way through to the end.
So Addy is a teenage mafia princess.. Who is on the run with her mother, the mafia queen. The only way to get their lives back is to kill her father.
Easier said than done.

Now Addy is an adult and has had a few assasination attempts against her, she has decided it i
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fan Girl (Los Rancheros #1)
  • Clarity
  • A Fallow Heart (Tommy Creek, #2)
  • In A Heartbeat (Shameful Regret, #1)
  • Southern Roots (Southern Roots #1)
  • Heads Or Tails (The Fairytail Saga, #3)
  • Broken Until You
  • Untouched (Florence, Arizona #1)
  • Don't Close Your Eyes (Don't Close Your Eyes, #1)
  • Bliss (The Custos, #1)
  • Pan's Salvation (Dueling Devils, #5)
  • A Wicked Kiss (Wicked, #2)
  • Justice (Bad Boys of X-Ops, #2)
  • Loverboy
  • Going the Distance (Down for the Count, #2)
  • I See...Love (A Different Road, #1)
  • Salvage Her Heart
  • Hunger (The Seductors Series, #2)