Start by marking “Making Choices (Black Shamrocks MC, #2)” as Want to Read:
Making Choices (Black Shamrocks MC, #2)

Making Choices (Black Shamrocks MC #2)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  460 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
He wants her forever.
She only wants him for one night.

From the outside, it appears that Juliette Patrice has the perfect life. Her career is her number one priority, matched only by her desire to fulfil her parent’s enormous expectations.

Lucas 'Timber' Blake is the Sergeant-At-Arms of the Black Shamrocks MC. A violent man who cares only for his Club and his family, he's w
Published December 9th 2015 by DyMi Ink

To ask other readers questions about Making Choices, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Choices

✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

Makiing Choices Sign up form teaser

The second installment in the Black Shamrocks MC series, Making Choices was just as good, if not better.

A much lighter read compared to bk1, what I liked about this sequel was the contrast between both main characters. They are as different as night and day, and yet, they connect on a level that no one dare break or impede on.

Lucas “Timer” Blake is a no nonsense, no holds barred type of man who’s loyal to the tee
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is book two in the Black Shamrocks MC Series. Make sure you read book one first as this continues where Seizing Control ends.

Juliette Patrice is on her way to having the career she has worked so hard for- a surgeon. She also craves for her parents love and approval. She wants them to be proud of her.

Timber is a member of the Black Shamrocks MC. He has fallen for Juliette. He doesn't want to be a secret anymore so tells Juliette she needs to tell her parents that they are together.

However
Jennifer Guffey
Making Choices (Black Shamrocks MC #2)
By: Kylie Hillman
5/5 stars

Lucas, club name Timber, is now the Sargent at Arms for the Black Shamrocks MC since his best friend Mik moved up to be the Vice President. Timber is more level headed than Mik, but just as much if not more lethal than Mik. Timber is also gun-shy when it comes to relationships. He had a horrific experience, which does get explained, and therefor he’s unwilling to put himself out there and always says the unattainable Madeline is his
Dana Busenbark
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the Black Shamrock MC series focuses on JJ and Lucas' relationship. JJ is a doctor, working to become a surgeon like her father. She is one of the surgeons that was on duty that operated on Maddi's brother when he was brought in. When she is doing her rounds, Oliver stops her and once again tries to get her to go out for drink with him. After she says no, he keeps coming up with reasons why she should. When Oliver steps over the line with regards to what he says to JJ, what does Lucas ...more
PT
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm officially dubbing Kylie the Queen of twisted. I can't count the amount of times she broke my heart in this book and her ability to do it so well that I willingly want more. She has this subtle way of making you fall in love with her writing; this isn't the typical couple meets, couple falls in love, couple hits a rough patch, and then everything is perfect. No. These are multifaceted characters- so complex that the harder you dig to find out who they are you don't get layers that crumble, n ...more
Bonnie Mancuso
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
INCREDIBLE! Another 5 star read in the amazing Black Shamrocks MC series. This is Timber and JJ's story. They meet at the hospital when one of Lainey's brothers is shot and tortured. Juliette 'JJ' Patrice is the surgeon on call when Joel is brought in. Her father is the head of the hospital and expects Juliette to keep up appearances or else. Lucas 'Timber' Black is the Sergeant-At-Arms for the Black Shamrocks MC. It is his job to protect his club and to punish anyone who crosses them. He is a f ...more
Dayreader Reviews
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading Kylie Hillman's first book in this series, Seizing Control, I waited patiently for her followup. I can't believe I missed it when I came out, but I've read it now, and it was worth the wait.

This book picks up right where Seizing Control left off. Lucas "Timber" Blake has always had a crush on Maddie, his best friends old lady. But when he meets Juliette, his feelings begin to change. Juliette has fallen for Lucas, but she has a hard choice to make. After six months, she still refu
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm being very honest here. This book is way better than book 1. A ringside view in the true volatile word of MC .
Timber finds a soulmate , Juliette. She's everything he's not. She's elegant , skinny, petite redhead Doctor.
He's burly, huge, rough edged Sargent At Arms of his MC chapter, with a violent temper and sadistic tendencies. He enjoys inflicting pain on his victims before killing them. She administers pain killers before saving them.
Their worlds are as far apart as the poles.
But love
Jackie *Fire and Ice Book Reviews*
A much lighter read than book one, but still intense.

I loved every moment. So much suspense going on. I was on edge the entire time. A lot of twist and turns that had me shocked.

Timber and Juliette are very different, but they worked well together. I was rooting for there HEA.

I love it when a book hooks me to the point where I can't stop reading. I devoured this book within a day.

The author has written one amazing book. I highly highly recommend. But make sure to read book one (Seizing Control)
Kylie Hillman
Oct 20, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The hardest choices yield the best results... don't they?

He wants her forever. She's only willing to commit for one night... Making Choices, Black Shamrocks MC #2

iBooks: https://itun.es/au/89k2-.l
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1llii1c
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1q1igx3
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/29ccui2
Google Play: http://bit.ly/01gpkh
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1qgjvez
Juliana Philippa
Read this right after finishing the first book, Seizing Control, which was good, but really puts you through the ringer; was a little too much for me at times. I enjoyed Making Choices more, though still had a few issues with it. Can't decide between 3.5 and 4 stars.

There was some angst, but probably the biggest annoyance for me was that Lucas/Timber was in love with Maddi (the heroine of Seizing Control); we know nothing is going to happen there, because Mic/Mad Dog is her guy, but I don't like
Melissa Mendoza
Page Count:200
Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

He kills. She heals. In this game called love, how do you choose? Heart or head?

From the outside, it appears that Juliette Patrice has the perfect life. Her career is her number one priority, matched only by her desire to fulfill her parent’s enormous expectations.

Lucas 'Timber'
Avephoenix
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

First, I just want to say that although this book can be read as a standalone, if you haven’t yet read Seizing Control (Black Shamrocks MC Book #1), you may find yourself a little lost, since our previous main characters have a lot of interaction on this book, but believe me when I say, " with both books you're in for a wild ride".

However, this story is about Lucas known in the MC world as Timber, and of course Juliette, his Doll. One is killer, pain inflector, while the oth
Katie Ankrom
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a ARC of Making Choices by Kylie Hillman for a honest review!

This review Is for Making Choices but before I began let me first start out by saying that the author has been hiding from us for to long.  I mean after reading her first two books I’m looking foward to her books in the future. I can not get over how amazing her first two books are. It’s like you are right there in the mix of everything. So much adventure, you literally get the adrenaline rush. And you get to watch two very
Bloggers From Down Under
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
**arc received for honest review**

She’s a pretty little doctor who wants to be a surgeon. She has worked her butt off to get to where she is. Her parents have high expectations of her and she refuses to let them down. JJ hasn’t had the easiest childhood after being adopted by her parents at the age of 3, well actually she wasn’t adopted they bought her from drug addicts. They have always held high expectations of her but things were a lot worse when her twin sisters were born.

She has goals and s
~lil maso~
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it

I read the first book to this series and enjoyed it and was looking forward to the continuing saga to this series. I do believe you need to read the first as not to get lost during this book.

I was not disappointed, this story is an elevated step up to the first.
Timber is your typical biker loyal to his club and Juliette the complete opposite prim and proper and loyal to her stuck up family.

I started to hate Juliette her stuck up attitude thinking she's better than Timber's family of bikers. She
Kelly
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A 5 star choice

Juliette Jane "JJ" Patrice is the doctor whose plan is to become a surgeon at the hospital where the father she is continually trying--and failing--to please is chief of medicine. Lucas "Timber" Blake is the Sergeant-At-Arms of the Black Shamrocks Motorcycle Club, and the man JJ is attracted to against her better judgement. JJ has plenty of reservations about the MC lifestyle and is desperate to keep her father from finding out about the biker she isn't ready to give up, while Tim
Ani
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Black Shamrocks MC series, and it did not disappoint. I have read the first book, and would recommend reading them as a series, but if you chose to just read this book, you wouldn't struggle to pick up the story as this book focuses on Lucas "Timber Blake and JJ (Juliette) Patrice aka doll's story.

Lucas is the Sergeant-At-Arms of the Black Shamrocks MC and at 6'9" tall a beast of a man. He is a true alpha male in every sense of the word, although he is a violent m
Nicole
Argh! This is why I hate starting series in which not all the books are released yet! I want them all and I want them now! lol (It looks like book 4 will be out in July, Happy Birthday to me, and book 5 will be out in September.) The good news is you don't have to wait quite that long to get your Black Shamrocks fix. :D Kylie Hillman has generously contributed (along with several other awesome authors) a short story about two of the older members of the club, Wendy and Beast, to an absolutely a ...more
She Hearts Books
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-heart-mcs
This is my first opportunity to read something written by Kylie. I had to hurry and buy the first in the series so that I could get my head all the way around her Black Shamrocks MC. I would definitely recommend reading them in order. They are so worth that. I was knee deep in their world from the very first page of the first book and jumped right back in with this one. Kylie writes in a way that you are invested in the lives of these people she has written so well.

I absolutely loved Timber. I
Corrine Pickering
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** Reviewed for Hashtagminxes Love Books 4.5 stars ***

Once again another great read from Kylie, I love her style of writing. You really do need to read Seizing Control first.

This book follows on with Timber and Juliette 'JJ's' story and continues to entwine with the previous character's that I've grown to love, Princess aka Lainey and Mad Dog. This is another completely addictive read which kept me on my toes throughout, I didn't want to put this one down I loved every minute. However I was sec
Cheryl Woods-lucero
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Making Choices by Kylie Hillman is the second book in the Black Shamrocks MC series and characters from Seizing Control are part of the story. However, this story revolves around Lucas and JJ. They meet when the President of the club’s son is brought into the hospital in critical condition and JJ is the intern/surgeon who is responsible for him and Lucas’s job to provide protection.
They each bring baggage with them to this relationship and a lot of obstacles to overcome. How does a harden biker
Rose
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really struggled with how many stars this book deserved from me. In some ways, I felt it only deserved 3, but for other reasons I wanted to give it five. So I guess 4 is a fair number.

I had a very hard time connecting with JJ through a majority of the book. I understood where she was coming from, mostly, but she really made me furious. I absolutely adored Lucas "Timber" Blake & because of that, the attitude that Juliette Patrice has towards him & the club really messed with my enjoymen
Xariah Gaitch
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biker-mc
This series is at the top of my biker romance list right now.
It's not just romanticized in hearts and flowers but has all the gritty realistic problems that comes with the reality of living an outlaw lifestyle. There's no predictability, stupid far fetched plots or ridiculous outcomes. It's real.
Kylie has a way of pulling you in from the beginning an keeping you riveted.
Even though the book are based on new characters each time the main problems between club wars and rival MC's is a continuous
Megan Crisp
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 shamrocks!!!

I was hesitant to start this book, I usually don't read side character books unless I really like them.. This is Timber and JJ's book... We hear his and her back story, and we still get info on Mad Dog and Princess, we see all the shamrocks in this book.. I'm excited to read book 3 I can't wait for it to be released, we will find out more about Timber and JJ hopefully, and we will hear what happens to Mad Dog and princess, this is not your typical biker romance, this is more biker
Maria Angie Mendoza
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What an incredibly good book. I was one of those that did not read book 1.However, let me tell you Making Choices is so well written that it didn't make any difference in thoroughly enjoying and understanding this intense read.(I will quickly read book1).
Making Choices is an intense, sexy, and gripping love story between MC Outlaw Lucas and surgical resident JJ. Their love is threatened by the choices they make, and the outcome of those choices. Both are bound by strong family ties, but wh
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Timber meets JJ the uber sexy surgical intern at the hospital and actually have some sort of relationship budding... But can this relationship survive when 2 people from way different lifestyles are involved?

Black Shamrocks MC is going through some major stuff at the time. Will relationships survive? Will friendships survive? Will Brotherhood survive? Most important...Will Black Shamrocks survive?

This was a very good story with major twists and turns that were woven into it perfectly! Bring on
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
This is the second book in the Black Shamrock MC Series, as a lover of MC reads, this read is a riveting read.

We follow Timber and JJ in this book, and previous characters join us as well. There is turmoil, emotional scenes, sexy scenes and violence, all that you need in a biker read.

Kylie has a way of pulling you into a book and making you want to read more and more, and never put it down.

This style of writing is one that can compete with the rest of biker reads and I look forward to seeing wha
Pam Nelson
4 Black Star’s

Oh HOLY HELL am I glad I decided to read BOOK 2!!

I know I was iffy because it wasn’t the main characters from book one.
BUTTTTTTT we still get them in book 2 yah baby. Ok ok now on to the review..

Juliette Patrice aka JJ, finds herself struggling with her choices, or we should say the choices her mother and father make for her. She wants to be what they want for her a surgeon like her father, but a little thing called Timber puts a wrench in her plans.

‘My father has his arms cross
Philena
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Making Choices is the second book to be released in the Black Shamrock Series by Kylie Hillman, that can also be read as a standalone. Personally, I would read Seizing Control (the first in the series) before starting on this one. You will have a better understanding of all of the characters that are mentioned in both books.

Lucas, also known as Timber, is the Sergeant-At-Arms for a prominent MC family. An MC family that will stop at nothing, and go to ANY lengths to protect all of the Club.
His j
  • Denouement (Darkness #3)
  • Ricochet ( Desert Ghosts MC, #1)
  • An Heir for the Billionaire Werebears
  • The Handler (Noir et Bleu Motorcycle Club #2)
  • His Indecent Secrets (Bound and Shackled to the Billionaire, BDSM Erotic Romance)
  • Ali
  • Love Tap
  • Eliza Gayle BDSM Romance Bundle
  • The Indigo Lounge Box Set
  • Windfall
  • Liar, Liar
  • The Beck Brothers Series (The Beck Brothers, #1-4)
  • The Masterpiecers (Masterful, #1)
  • Spencer: Bomb / Guns (Rook and Ronin Spinoff, #3-4)
  • Fighting To Start (Fighting Madly, #1)
  • Blood & Loyalties
  • Bear It All (McMahon Clan #2; Fated Mates #5)
  • Pink: Hot 'n Sexy for a cure: The Books for Boobies 2015 Anthology
Kylie Hillman is an International Bestselling Author who lives in South Australia. After spending the past fifteen years moving around the east coast of Australia, she has recently returned to her home state and plans to finally put down roots until her children finish school.

Wife to a Harley-riding, boating and fishing, four-wheel driving, quintessential Aussie bloke and mum to two crazy, adorab
More about Kylie Hillman

Black Shamrocks MC (5 books)
  • Seizing Control (Black Shamrocks MC, #1)
  • Seeking Redemption (Black Shamrocks MC, #3)
  • Tempting Fate (Black Shamrocks MC, #4)
  • Finding Nirvana (Black Shamrocks MC, #5)