Start by marking “Quite Precarious (Lowcountry Mysteries #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Quite Precarious (Lowcountry Mysteries  #5.5)

Quite Precarious

(Lowcountry Mysteries #5.5)

THIS IS A SHORT, COMPANION NOVELLA, NOT A FULL LENGTH NOVEL.

With point-of-views from Beau Drayton, Brick Drayton, Lindsay and Leo Boone, Amelia Cooper, Melanie and William Gayle - plus a surprise - this novella tells the story of what takes place (away from Graciela) the night NOT QUITE CLEAR ends.
Published December 29th 2015 by Author Published

To ask other readers questions about Quite Precarious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quite Precarious

Start your review of Quite Precarious (Lowcountry Mysteries #5.5)
Iza Brekilien
And what a night ! When Not quite clear ended, we were left with major cliffhangers : what was going to happen to our familiar bunch of friends and family ? Who was going to go to jail ? How could they prevent it ? Will they be able to defeat the evil Middletons ? And what about Beau and Gracie ? That's a lot of questions, not answered there, but it kept me biting my nails anyway. Like in the previous novella in that series, we can find out about what several characters are thinking and reacting ...more
Hayley
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally love this series!

Another brilliant book by Lyla Payne. You've got to read the series from the beginning, it won't make a huge amount of sense otherwise. Fantastic storyline and characters, once you start a book, you won't be able to put it down and it's finished!! Highly recommend!
Mary
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick read that bridges books 5 & 6. I enjoyed it as an appetizer until I can get to the next book which ended in the usual exciting cliffhanger. ...more
Jamie Davis
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lyla Knows What We Need!

The end of Not Quite Clear was intense, and I was left aching at the thought of what Gracie and Beau were feeling, thinking … needing. The ending was as it should be, but the ache in my heart for them was intense. Lyla knew we’d need something to soothe our souls, and Quite Precarious was PERFECT for that.

The characters she shares POVs from were absolutely perfect. I felt like was able to step into their shoes and see the story from a different perspective. I loved it en
Ashlee Thatcher
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novella really adds depth to an all ready amazing series, and gives insight into supporting characters that a first person novel from Gracie's point of view often lacks. This is a must read to really understand where the people around Gracie are coming from, and how their lives are impacted by the insanity and chaos that is a part of being in the life of Gracie Harper!
Teresa Sambrook
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love these character POVs novellas. They give you in site into your favorite characters! Gracie, Beau, and others had a lot on their mind when we left the last book. Lyla loves to leave little cliff hangers and these novellas ease you off the edge a little bit. The Lowcountry series is fantastic, you can't help on getting hooked!
Sandra Lancaster
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading from the POV's of the different characters. It is great to get inside their heads and find out what they are thinking. This novellas is a great read. I really felt for all the characters and what they are going through. I love this series and wish the next book was here already.
Heather Markowski
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by an awesome author.

I have read every book in this series and they all leaving you wanting more. I can't wait to find it how Gracie and get friends get themselves out of the need they are in now!
Rebecca Hollingsworth
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A little more...

This got us closer to finding everything out, although it also left me with more questions, I seriously can't wait until the next book comes out!
Barbara Eichler-Cline
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Viewpoints

Twists on the story through different viewpoints. This filled gaps in the storyline. Funny and sad at the same time. Last book please!
Debbie Stephens
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Waaaay to short. I liked that each chapter concentrated on a different character, but it left more questions that answers. On to the next one.
Elisa
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Lordy I just love pov novellas it is so awesome to fill in gaps hearing stories from others perspective.
I really enjoyed everything in this novella it brings everything together more.
Sasha Possemato
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read and a nice way to transition to the next wbook
Sheena Reiter
Jul 04, 2018
Tabatha Hobday
May 07, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hell in a Handbasket (Rose Gardner Investigations, #3)
  • In High Cotton (Neely Kate Mystery #2)
  • Up Shute Creek (Rose Gardner Investigations, #4)
  • Come Rain or Shine (Rose Gardner Investigations #5)
  • Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15)
  • Next Girl to Die (The Calderwood Cases, #1)
  • Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)
  • Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • Beneath the Ashes (The Calderwood Cases, #2)
  • The Mammoth Hunters
  • Happily Ever Madder: Misadventures of a Mad Fat Girl
  • Lux Gravis. Raske Valgus
I've been publishing New Adult romance novels for a little over a year, starting with Broken at Love and continuing with the rest of the Whitman University series. I adore telling stories, discovering the little reasons people fall in love, and uncovering hidden truths in the world around us – past and present.

In my spare time I cuddle my two dogs, pretend to enjoy exercising so that I can eat as

Lowcountry Mysteries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Not Quite Dead (Lowcountry Mysteries, #1)
  • Not Quite Cold (Lowcountry Mysteries, #2)
  • Not Quite True  (Lowcountry Mysteries, #3)
  • Not Quite Gone (Lowcountry Mysteries, #4)
  • Not Quite Clear (A Lowcountry Mystery, #5)
  • Not Quite Right (Lowcountry Mysteries #6)
  • Not Quite Mine (Lowcountry Mysteries #7)
  • Not Quite Alive (Lowcountry Mysteries #8)
  • Not Quite Free (Lowcountry Mysteries #9)
  • Not Quite Fixed (Lowcountry Mysteries #10)

News & Interviews