Start by marking “Last Prophecy of Rome (Myles Munro #2)” as Want to Read:
Last Prophecy of Rome (Myles Munro #2)

Last Prophecy of Rome

(Myles Munro #2)

An ancient empire. A terrifying threat to the World’s Superpower. Only one man can stop it.

ROME: Maverick military historian Myles Munro is on holiday with girlfriend and journalist Helen Bridle. He’s convinced a bomb is about to be detonated at the American Embassy.

Published January 28th 2016 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Last Prophecy of Rome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Prophecy of Rome

Start your review of Last Prophecy of Rome (Myles Munro #2)
Maureen
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was a scary scenario! Why? Because it's SO relevant given the conflict and terrorism around the world.

Pirate warlord Juma, and his half American wife Placidia are intent on bringing about the fall of America, in much the same way as the fall of the Roman Empire. They see many similarities between these two great powers. There are many theories as to what actually did cause the fall of Rome, from the plague, to the fact that they added lead to their food, which actually caused madness. Juma
Frances
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Myles Munro a professor of History has researched over the years what occurred during the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. This sets the stage for Munro to be caught up in a plot by a terrorist called Juma, a pirate and psychopath, who vows he will bring down American and have it crumble the same as the Roman Empire. Myles races against the clock traveling through Iraq, Turkey and eventually to Rome to try and stop this madman. Several of the chapters had plenty of action and suspense keepi ...more
Elaine
This is one of those books where I seriously suggest you just go get yourself a copy instead of reading my review – the book is an amazing, up to date, enthralling read that had me riveted from start to finish.

Myles Munro is a brilliant character, a highly intelligent misfit, expert analyst of military history and something of a maverick. He’s absolutely awesomely different! The knowledge and expertise of the author shines through in this superbly written, highly topical, action packed thriller.
Renita D'Silva
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored Iain King’s debut and was waiting to get my hands on this prequel to The Secrets of The Last Nazi and wow! It is even better than the first! With nail-biting suspense, thrilling plot twists, this amazing book is incredibly well researched and extremely topical, bringing to the fore the plight of refugees and the fragile state of the Middle East and Africa. This book raises questions and delivers warning, while at the same time being incredibly entertaining and keeping you tur ...more
Shell Baker
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG I can not begin to tell you how fantastic The Last Prophecy Of Rome is. This is actually my first book that I have read by Iain King and definitely won't be my last. This is the pre sequel to Secrets of the Last Nazi, so in my opinion it doesn't matter which way round you read Iain's books. having not read Iain's first publication of the Myles Munro action thriller series. First of all I have to say what a brilliant vibrant cover this book has it really suits the story.

This book kept me hig
Kath
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Mr King's début novel - Secrets of the Last Nazi - so I do admit to getting a little excited when I heard about this new offering. I was also a little bit scared as I am for all sequels. Will they live up to the enjoyment that the last book gave me? Will they disappoint? Well, I am very happy to report that this one is equal to, if not better than the first!
When reading/reviewing the first book I mentioned that the writing was action packed and punchy. This has continued to be t
Alfred Nobile
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This is the 2nd book I've read by Mr King. Won't be the last. This book was the usual serving of thrills The writing was of a good quality and the short chapters made for an effortless read. Ian takes you through various locations, keeping the narrative and the action pulling the reader along and wanting more. I can recommend this book and author. If you like your thrillers with the accent on Thrill then this author and book is for you!
David Boyle
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second of Iain King's thrillers I have read and he does seem to have a sure, not to say impressive touch. I was completely hooked on this book within the first few pages and found myself reading oblivious. The plot is ingenious and contemporary, but weaving in some fascinating ideas about the reasons for the decline and fall of Rome. That's the reason I thoroughly enjoyed this book - it is one of those rare things: a compelling thriller that also makes you think.
Rhonda Lomazow
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second Ian King thriller no read this one like the first kept me racing through the pages.A twisty turning multi layered compelling read,Already looking forward to his next book.
Book Addict Shaun
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love reading conspiracy thriller novels and as Bookouture are yet to let me down with any of the books that I have read from them, I had very high hopes going into Last Prophecy of Rome, especially after seeing how much some of my favourite bloggers have loved Iain's books. I wasn't disappointed with the story at all, and I'll be going back and reading Iain's first book, Secrets of the Last Nazi, very soon.

When I sat down to actually put some words together about this book I found that what I
Marina
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. *

"Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the past; for human events ever resemble those of preceding times. This arises from the fact that they are produced by men who ever have been, and ever shall be, animated by the same passions, and thus they necessarily have the same results."
Machiavelli

Facing with the modern day terrorism and so many refugees waiting at the border of my country, it was easy for me
Donna Maguire

Having read Iain King’s first novel featuring Myles Munro, Secrets of the Last Nazi, I was delighted to be able to get my hands on a copy of his new book, Last Prophecy of Rome which comes out today! I loved the first novel and gave it 5 stars, I loved this one even more and feel that the main character, Myles really develops.

With a tag line like this to drag you in- “An ancient empire. A terrifying threat to the World’s Superpower. Only one man can stop i
Brian's Book Blog
Only one man knows how to stop a terrorist plot

Military historian Myles Munro is caught up in a tornado of activity as people from his past come back to haunt him and ask for his help. A US Senator is taken hostage and the United States is threatened with terrorist attacks that will take the country back to the stone age. Or should I say the time of the fall of Rome.

The narration for Last Prophecy of Rome is done by Tim Bentinck and he absolutely crushes it. He's a British narrator (or at least
Sarahkmartinuk
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley in return for a review. Here is the blurb:

NEW YORK: A delivery van hurtling through Wall Street, blows up, showering the sky with a chilling message: America is about to be brought down like the Roman Empire.

Juma, an African warlord, set free by the Arab Spring, plans to
Vicky-Leigh Sayer
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5. stars - I really enjoyed the first novel in the Myles Monro installment 'Secrets of the last Nazi' and have been looking forward to the second installment for a while now.

Last Prophecy of Rome is a prequel to the previous novel and sees Myles drawn into helping the US fight a terrorism plot from an individual intent on destroying the country if the US doesn't agree to review its immigration policy.

As before Myles is a reluctant hero, drawn into the situation almost entirely by accident. Thi
Sean Talbot
Iain King has done it again. The Last Prophecy of Rome was amazingly insightful dealing with history and current day events.

Myles and Helen are still together and still there are outside forces trying to separate them. This book fuels the fear and war on terrorism but this time could the threat be internal as well as external.

The book had many great characters including the villains.

Juma a Somali pirate and terrorist had a vital role to play in this book. his vicious nature coupled by his brill
Memphistigergal
This newest installment by Iain King in the Myles Munro series is better than the first! From a bomb threat on the streets of New York to ancient Roman cities in the deserts of Iraq, this book keeps you turning the page for more. You are pulled into a terror plot to bring down America in the same fashion of the Roman Empire. How did that happen? Many theories abound, but only one answer resides in the mind of a terrorist. It is a non-stop action filled novel with great plot twists. I highly reco ...more
Natasha du Plessis
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Bookouture and Netgally for the ARC.

This was the first book by Iain King that I have read. It was very fast paced and I loved the intrigue surrounding the mastermind. I had my suspicions and at the end was proved correct. I loved the writing style of Iain King and the characters in the book, some of them I could visualise quite good. This book also makes real the problems that refugees around the world face. This fast paced action thriller is highly recommended.
Thomas Sutton
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An adventurous, exhilarating, easy read

Having read the Myles Munro series the wrong way round, I will now go back and read the second book. I really enjoyed this book and read it within 3 days of my holiday. Its very fast paced and I love the jump from various countries and characters! Definitely worth a read, thank you
Neil
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, thriller
A gripping read that has you enthralled from start to finish.

A real page turner that will keep you awake at night trying to finish it.

Brilliant.
Judy Stephens
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

I absolutely loved this book!!! There are not enough words to do it justice! Wonderful plot, captivating characters and beautiful imagery. Very well done!
robert g gleeson
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Keeps you guessing

I really enjoyed this book, it was action packed, suspenseful and believable as well. Please write more like this one!
Jennifer Robson
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gripping

Well worth 5 stars due to feasible plot and twisting storyline, never saw the end coming. Great description of similarities between modern USA an ancient Rome
John-Michael Lelievre
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A prequel to Iain King's "Secrets of the Last Nazi" (Which is up next on my reading list), a fast paced, and timely thriller about African Refugees, the fall of Ancient Rome, and how the United States of America could fall to the same fate.

Our protagonist is Myles Munro, a British Military Historian who is described as a bit of a misfit, though we never really see why he is classified as such, he has a loving relationship with his girlfriend Helen, and he does seem to get along well with just ab
James Cambell
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind blowing thriller!

Myles Munro was with his American partner, Helen, were in Rome when he noticed a potential bomb close to the U.S. embassy. It was the false alarm causing embarrassing to himself. Meanwhile, in New York, a terrorist drove a truck laden with bombs headed downtown and Dick Roosevelt, drove the truck away from the city for safe explosion. The son of Senator Sam Roosevelt became the hero.

Placidia was the former classmate of Myles, studying together at Oxford University. She ran
Roy Gore
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Superb

5 stars from me as I can't fault it in anyway! I just wish I could read quicker! This book had everything I like, action, conspiracy, suspense, twists and all the while making you think about how the world could be if this happened! As I've visited Rome where a large chunk of the book is set, allowed me to get a greater understanding of the scene, particularly the end. This helped build the suspense. A really enjoyable action packed read. I would love to see Iain produce novels on the Brit
Jessica Codd
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book.

Forget the housework, all I wanted to do was to curl up with this book in my spare time. I bought the second book in this series "The Secrets of the Last Nazi" first when it was offered as a kindle daily deal. First thing I did when I finished it was to order this book. Can't wait for more adventures for Myles and Helen!
Venky
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Russell Hayes
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A gripping thriller

As a huge Dan Brown fan, this book ranks with his twists . Looking forward to reading more thrillers from this author
Anne Marie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating

Fantastic read from start to finish. Completed gripped from the word go and didn’t predict the ending which in my mind, is the basis for a best conspiracy theory read.

• The Genesis Plague
  • The Sacred Blood
  • Dark Skies (DCI Ryan Mysteries #7)
  • Seven Bridges (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #8)
  • Cold Storage
  • Obsession (Steel Brothers Saga, #2)
  • High Force (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #5)
  • The Eyes of Darkness
  • Otaku
  • The Napoleon Affair (Sean Wyatt #18)
  • Uccidi il padre
  • Dood de engel
  • The Winner
  • The Moor (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #12)
  • Their Last Breath
  • The Second Messiah
  • The Third Secret
  • The Infirmary (DCI Ryan series prequel)
Iain King has just become one of the top twenty best-selling thriller authors on Amazon.com.

Iain has worked in ten conflicts and warzones, including Iraq, South Sudan, and throughout the Balkans. In Afghanistan, where he came under fire several times, he served alongside both the battalion commanders who became UK's most senior casualties, and was deployed to more frontline bases in the notorious

Myles Munro (2 books)
  • Secrets of the Last Nazi (Myles Munro, #1)