Start by marking “The Omen Days: A Christmas Ghost Story” as Want to Read:
The Omen Days: A Christmas Ghost Story

The Omen Days: A Christmas Ghost Story

Autumn disappeared from his life once. And he's not going to let her do it again.

Zack Aukey hates Christmas—despises it, actually. December carries painful memories of his first love Autumn Cleary, who left him during the holiday season. But when Autumn mysteriously shows up in Nashville on Christmas night bearing gifts and apologies, Zack knows this is a holiday he won't
ebook, 1st, 89 pages
Published December 9th 2015 by Two Tales Press (first published December 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Omen Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Omen Days

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This was a really well done short story. I was completely drawn into the story from the start and I was captivated until the very end. I thought that the main character was very well developed, especially for such a short piece. I felt his heartbreak, his joy, and his determination. There was a pretty big twist, some action, and a rather compelling mystery. I was more than satisfied with how everything wrapped up.

Book Source: Kindle Freebie
Frosty61
I liked the mystery aspect of this novella, the twist (albeit, a little predictable) near the end, and the character development as well as the writing style. It's definitely not your average Christmas story. That said, it seemed like it could've taken place at any time of year - Christmas didn't feature prominently in the story other than to show the change in the main character's feeling about the holiday after solving the mystery of his girlfriend's disappearance. It seems to me that the titl ...more
Sheila Beaumont
I loved this first-rate short story by J.T. Ellison, a twisty and suspenseful ghost tale set during the Twelve Days of Christmas. I've enjoyed all of this author's novels, and it's good to see that she can write a thrilling short story too. I'm looking forward to reading more of them.
Lynette Ott
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not stop until I finished!

Those who like J. T. Ellison will love this story! Suspense, ghosts and love - a great quick read at Christmas time!
MELISSA
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I have come to expect from Ms Ellison, even her novellas and short stories are fully realized with great characterization, plots, action and simply overall excellence. This "ghost" story is no exception. As a matter of fact, this is my second read in two years. Just as good the second time around. A police officer has and old flame (who he still loves) visit him after 7 years. And that is all the hints I am giving. The tale is full of anger, anguish, and love. Just great!
Jenny
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a short story by J.T. Ellison who I love. Little story about love, murder and maybe a ghost.

Ms. Ellison also includes an interview and some history and a couple of excerpts from other books. Id recommend this book.
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
This short story had a fantastic blend of mystery, romance, and suspense! I loved the twist-wasn't expecting it at all!
thebonebreaker
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoa! What a spectacular short story!
This story is currently only $1 on Kindle. I definitely recommend buying it.

Looking for something short and sweet, with perhaps some Christmas flair, I decided upon this story; my first by J. T. Ellison, and it definitely will not be my last!

Ellison had me completely enraptured from the very first page until the very last page! Fortunately, I had just put my kids to bed, because I read this one straight through, uninterrupted (a Christmas miracle!)

Not only w
Tracey
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great Christmas Ghost story about Nashville Detective Zack Auckey who is still trying to get over a breakup with his one true love which happened at Christmas, so Christmas is not a good time for him.

But when he see Autumn Cleary, the one that got away, he thought he was hallucinating until the next time on Christmas eve she comes to him telling him she loves and wants to comes back to him, she offers him a really expensive watch, which she tells him to never take off. After a night of
Mackey
This was a holiday gift from author J.T. Ellison, a thriller writer, and what a great gift it was: a holiday themed ghost story. Who could ask for more? Although this novella is just that - short and sweet - it gives the reader a good feel for Ellison's writing style. Since I never had read her before it was a nice introduction. Regardless of whether you are a fan or new to her, this is a good read in or out of the holiday season.
John Clintsman
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story gets 5 stars but giving it 4 because it just wasn't enough.
Brandee
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful short story! Great setting, fully fleshed out characters, and great twists. As I read, it played in my head like a movie only I could see. Loved it!
Torrie
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great short story and perfect Christmas theme with love, friendship, heartache, suspense, paranormal and joy in new beginnings!
Cindy Boepple
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great novella

Short but sweet. A great story
I loved the storyline with the ghost. Recommend this book I also really
liked the characters

Kandy
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very short story of a lost love and a possible murder mystery.
Sheri
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an excellent Christmas time novella. Well written with great characters. Loved the twist ending!! I totally recommend.
Lori Mills
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this novela

I loved this novella and it is perfect for Christmas!!! I was in a mood for something short and this is it!! A ghostly visit with a clue is what this is about
Susan Staudinger
Dec 27, 2016
Sandra Taylor
Apr 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author J.T. Ellison writes standalone domestic noir and psychological thriller series, the latter starring Nashville Homicide Lt. Taylor Jackson and medical examiner Dr. Samantha Owens, and pens the international thriller series “A Brit in the FBI" with #1 New York Times bestselling author Catherine Coulter. She is also the EMMY-award winning cohost of the ...more