Start by marking “Night Sweats” as Want to Read:
Night Sweats

Night Sweats

Set in Japan, small town America, midnight Manhattan, ancient Greece and Rome, and beyond, these stories run the gamut of urban nightmare, gay love lost and found, dragons, super villains, a fairy addicted to meth, and Satan on the subway. Readers of Night Sweats will find tales that push boundaries while supplying ample scares, erotic thrills, much wonderment, and some wo ...more
Published January 18th 2016 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Night Sweats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Sweats

Gerhard
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Tom Cardamone is one of those literary magicians you want to introduce all your friends to with the exhortation of: “Read this! It will change your life!”

A master of the fey, the macabre and the wicked, this delightfully oddball collection of short stories is testament to Cardamone’s roving imagination and incredible felicity with language as a force to seduce and to instruct.

From the devil masturbating on a train to a down-on-his-luck fairy peddling his hallucinogenic snot in order to surv
Trebor
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These are stories of the wildest, most intriguing and just plain outrageous imagination. Cardamone is brilliant and can alchemically turn any idea into a wonderful story that you'll be thinking about for months afterward...I even dreamed of a giant purple octopus while reading this collection because Cardamone is always working at that mythic, subconscious depth and he will reach parts of you that you weren't sure were even there. So, yeah, what about growing up as a cyclops or being a winged-fa ...more
Nathan Burgoine
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anthologies, glbt
I did a Q&A with Tom Cardamone you can read here.
Ije the Devourer of Books
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable set of stories, perfect if you like sci-fi, urban fantasy or stories with a surreal flavour to them.

I don't read many anthologies because short stories can sometimes leave me with too many questions but most of these stories felt very complete and the few that were open ended were written so well they inspired my imagination to think about possible conclusions for myself.

So I generally enjoyed all the stories and felt they were all at least four star reads.

My thoughts on some o
Ralph
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Tom Cadamone's latest book, Night Sweats, offers you a cover-to-cover rollercoaster ride. Myth and mirth, mystery and mayhem come in a sampler of nice and naughty offerings. Tom is a master wordsmith, drawing you into the the story and letting you ride comfortably with his characters, only to turn the corner, either down an open "manhole" or right into a wall. Either way, you just brace yourself and follow along. It's a thrill to read this new collection.
QUEERcentric Books
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Christina for QUEERcentric Books

Night Sweats by Tom Cardamone is a series of 13 short stories. Each story takes place in a different time and place. The only thing in common? All main characters are gay.

I found the stories in Night Sweats to be quite unique. If you’re looking for raw and raunchy, well, there’s some of that but not within every story, every page, around every corner.

THE STORIES IN NIGHT SWEATS TO BE QUITE UNIQUE

Tom Cardamone does an exquisite job of putting w
Queue
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it

Night Sweats was a hard book to review. It was hard to read at times, as well. The stories here are not for the faint of heart. These are not sweet and romantic tales, but they are unique and that’s one reason I enjoyed the book.

The tales run the gamut of genres; paranormal, urban fantasy, sci-fi, contemporary and more. Some stories I didn’t really understand others blew me away. Cardamone is talented, that much is sure.

The Cloud Dragon Ate Red Balloons is one of the stories that left
Scott Pomfret
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I wanted to rate this collection higher. The author has an imagination that is corrupt, furious, gorgeous, and fertile. The best of the stories reflect this talent in droves: unexpected images and sudden madness; tropes far from literary fiction (superheroes); very tight almost painful depictions of adolescent desire. I am no fan of superhero fiction or other near-fan-fiction, but cardamom pulls these tropes off with aplomb. What u
It ate
Y sunk it for me was a lack of control over the fertile ima
Brian Centrone
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The short story is a challenging art form, but Tom Cardamone is up to the challenge. Every "drop of sweat" in this, his latest collection, Night Sweats (Bold Strokes Books), shows Cardamone’s mastery of not only the short story, but of the written word. Cardamone offers quirky, haunting, terrifying, and at times, erotic twists to classically told short stories. Readers will delight in the discovery that awaits them in each of these Tales of Homosexual Wonder and Woe. If you love not knowing what ...more
Lou
Rick
Dec 26, 2017
Damian Serbu
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once again Cardamone provides odd and fantastical gay horror. I love his writing, and these stories will haunt you. And I mean that in the best of senses.
Kyle Likens
Cricket
Jun 19, 2017
Gail
Jul 03, 2017
Tom Cardamone’s speculative short fiction has been nominated for a Pushcart Prize and a Spectrum award. His work has appeared in various magazines and anthologies like So Fey: Queer Fairy Fiction, Best Gay Fiction, Best Gay Erotica, Best Gay Romance, and Madder Love: Queer Men and the Precincts of Surrealism. He is the author of the erotic fantasy novel, The Werewolves of Central Park and editor o ...more
“He craved sex and chocolate. Chocolate was his heroin. Men were his needle.” 5 likes
“Never bet the devil your head.” 1 likes