Start by marking “Waiting for Ethan” as Want to Read:
Waiting for Ethan

Read Book

Waiting for Ethan

When Gina Rossi was in junior high, her best friend’s psychic grandmother got everything right—from predicting that Gina would break her arm and travel to Italy, all the way to leading police to a missing neighborhood child. The one time Gina didn’t listen to her, she almost got herself killed. So when she says that Gina will marry a man named Ethan—but she will have to wa ...more
Published September 15th 2015 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for Ethan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for Ethan

Start your review of Waiting for Ethan
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 PREDICTED Stars

[image error]

The only thing this short entertaining story needs to me is another chapter and/or an epilogue to wrap it up a bit neater. Other than that, the writing was terrific, the premise is super fun, and the characters were well developed.

Gina Rossi’s best friend’s grandmother is the neighborhood physic. She has found a missing boy and everything she has predicted has come true so when she gifts Gina and her best friend Neesha their futures at the tender age of 13, Gina
Mary McFarlane
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Wow did not see that book going the way it did. I'm so glad for how everything turned out and it had its such a good story. I was getting nervous towards the end about the last thing but I just knew somehow it would have to work out in Gina's favor!
Marja
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to start with a little rant. I was only a few chapters into the book when I read a review that majorly spoiled the book for me. I probably would have figured that twist out myself sooner or later but at that time I was very much annoyed. If you're going to spoil the plot in your review use that 'Hide entire review because of spoilers' option! Or maybe I myself shouldn't been reading reviews beforehand, just in case.. Rant over.

Anyway, I got over that disappointment which actually worked f
Terri
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is September 15, 2015.

This story really made me think. Imagine someone who had been proven to have the ability to see the future advises you the name of who you will marry or some future fact about yourself. The question how much this piece of information will influence your decisions going forward.
Danielle
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Jlw1993
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gina wasn't the only one waiting for Ethan. I snuggled down with this book curiously waiting to see if she would ever meet Ethan. She was already in her thirties! Would he even appear in the book? Cute romance, fun, easy read with a surprise ending!
Pamela Berglund Walker
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Instantly hooked from the intro paragraph. Can't wait for the next book from Diane Barnes.
Astrid V.J.
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, but there was something about it that bothered me. I think I disagree with the premise which is why it felt a little off.

I really loved Diane Barnes' characterisations. All the characters were wholly believable and their actions fit perfectly. I also liked the dilemma the protagonist faced with learning that the wrong person simply is the wrong person and staying with them is not going to make things better. Barnes touches on the damage that is caused by staying in a relatio
Janet Flora Corso
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Smart, fun romance and friendship.story

I really enjoyed this sweet story about a woman who spends her life waiting for her idea of the perfect romance. Of course, there is really no such thing and she has to experience the reality before she can truly.open herself up for true love. I also enjoyed the friendship story underlying the main plot.
Blue Falcon
This review is of “Waiting for Ethan” by Diane Barnes.

The Story: When Gina Rossi, the heroine of the book, 13 and living in Westham, Massachusetts, discovers that her best friend, Neesha Patel’s, grandmother, Ajee, is psychic, the two teenage girls ask Ajee about their futures. Everything Ajee Patel predicts-though not all of it is necessarily positive for Gina or Neesha-comes true. Ajee’s most important prediction, for Gina, is that one day, she will marry a man named Ethan.

Fast forward 23 yea
Tiana Gorham
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Spoilers:*** I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The writing was smooth and uncluttered and the characters were fully developed. The main character, Gina Rossi's inner voice amusing and filled with insights that she ignored. We all know someone like Gina. Her friend's grandmother predicts that her husband will be named Ethan and that she will wait a long time. By the time she is 37, she is desperate for Ethan to arrive. She should have read the signs about this Ethan, but ignored them. The story i ...more
Julie
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When Gina Rossi was 13, her best friend's grandmother and neighborhood psychic predicted that she would marry a man named Ethan, but that she would have to wait a long time for him. Now Gina's 36 and she's just about given up hope of meeting her promised one when she is rescued in a snowstorm by a man named Ethan. Relieved that her love has finally arrived, Gina tries to ignore the signs that Ethan might not be the knight in shining armor she had always hoped for.

You'll find yourself rooting for
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
****SPOILERS****It dragged. I can understand the reasoning behind the story but it took too long for her to realize the Ethan she met is the wrong one. She was so obsessed with the idea that her future husband will be Ethan that she ignored that fact that he was still not over his wife, becoming attached to his dog-walker, and had serious issues to deal with. It needed a bigger turning point or at least an earlier resolve. Picking up the boxes at his ex's house and stealing the dog would have d ...more
Michelle Carrell
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: won
I want one of my best friends to have a psychic grandmother who can tell me my future! Ajee was amazing. One of the star characters in this book in my opinion :) I feel like this is someone's real life story. It is perfectly written to sound just like a first hand story told to the reader by a close friend.
Kimber Buelow- 561 Bookgirl
I received a copy of this from BookSends ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The story is light and frothy and funny. I enjoyed the read. As I read, I could hear the voices and picture the scenes, and these characters did a good job of keeping me entertained.
kristen
review at Beverages and Books

Leeann
May 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Every now and again I want a book that is absolute fluff, totally predictable and mindless.
This fit that bill.
Bookworm
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The title is perfect. It was an enjoyable book. I was able to put it down when I needed to. It doesn't have you at the edge of your seat. By saying all this I still could not wait to find out what happens next. It is the typical women in her thirties has not found the one to settle down with yet and her parents are becoming impatient.
Michelle
Mar 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
I tried so hard to get into this book, but the main character was too meh and the story just didn't have any twists or interesting storylines to drive the story or make me want to keep reading. I skimmed half of the book and still didn't miss anything.
Michele
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Destiny

A great read with a happy twist. Light and funny with enough realism thrown in the mix. Gina deserves a HEA.
Katie
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute, despite being entirely predictable.
Angela ReadingCave
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sara
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Chick Lit Central (www. chicklitcentral.com)

Gina Rossi has been waiting for Ethan. Her Ethan. The one her best friend’s psychic grandmother, Ajee, had predicted for her, back when Gina was just a preteen. Others would scoff and probably not take heed to some silly prediction from years ago, but Gina had witnessed the abilities first-hand. So much of what Ajee foretold really did come true. It’s enough to make Gina wait. And wait.

At thirty-six, Gina finally runs into Ethan, in one o
Jen
Sep 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Kensington Books in exchange for an honest review.

Waiting for Ethan is a standalone contemporary romance from author Diane Barnes that makes you sit back and contemplate the question "What's in a name?" Gina Rossi's been waiting for over two decades for the man she was destined to marry and his name just happens to be Ethan. While I realize that her then-best friend's grandmother had an excellent record of succes
Dora
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the wait

Gina Rossi believed the prediction of her best friend's grandmother that she would marry a man named Ethan. The prediction was made when she was thirteen and now she is thirty-seven and her mother constantly reminds her that she is not getting any younger.

Gina thinks that her luck has changed when a man named Ethan helps her with her car during a snow storm. She is so certain that he is the Ethan for whom she has been waiting that she purchases a Brides Magazine the next day. Unfor
Elizabeth
Jul 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Karen
Jul 01, 2015 rated it liked it
This was an okay book with a good story hook. It just wasn't consistent with the promise. Gina is waiting for "Mr. Right" and he has to be named Ethan. When she was a kid, her friend's grandmother was kind of psychic and Gina believed in her. So now she's 36 and waiting for Ethan and during a snowstorm, she meets the man she's destined to love. But is Ethan really the man she's been waiting for. The one thing I didn't like was Gina not following her instincts, blatantly ignoring them when they w ...more
Deb
May 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was too frustrated by the main character to really enjoy this book. Why would a smart, beautiful woman in her 30's go around acting like a stupid teenager who can only pick a partner based on his first name? Initially, maybe, but after a certain point, come on! It was a quick read, and I was never to the point where I didn't want to finish it, but I could see the ending from a mile away. If you're looking for fluff, this is it. And I don't mean that in a negative way. Sometimes fluff is exactl ...more
Anne Miller
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Waiting for Ethan is Diane Barnes' first published novel and I heartily recommend this book! I found it to be very well written with likeable characters and a good storyline. Each character was well developed, providing me with clear visual images. I found Gina to be very relatable, flaws and all, and I rooted for her throughout the novel. I did not want to put this book down once I started reading it! I look forward to Diane's next novel.
Kathleen Crowell
2.5. started off strong with a sweet friendship between Gina and Neesha and their interactions with Ajee. transitioned nicely into Gina a 36 and meeting Ethan in snow storm. it went downhill pretty fast from there . too much time on the physical relationship between Ethan and Gina. no time developing Gina and Cooper as a viable couple. cliche ending. I almost forgot about how grossed out I was about the multiple mentions of Ethan's teeth.

• Nobody
  • Ignited (Sense Thieves #3)
  • Pushed (Sense Thieves, #2)
  • What Light
  • Touched (Sense Thieves, #1)
  • One Small Thing
  • Laws of Physics: Space (Hypothesis, #5)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Maybe This Time
  • Wooing Cadie McCaffrey
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • There's Something About Sweetie (Dimple and Rishi, #2)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Whole Lotta Frogs
  • The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time, #1)
  • Star-Crossed
Diane Barnes is the author of More Than (October 29 2019 ), Waiting for Ethan (2015), and Mixed Signals (2016). She is also a marketing and corporate communication writer in the health care industry. When she’s not writing, she’s at the gym, running or playing tennis, trying to burn off the ridiculous amounts of chocolate and ice cream she eats. She and her husband Steven live in Massachusetts and ...more