Start by marking “Roots Demystified: Change Your Gardening Habits to Help Roots Thrive” as Want to Read:
Roots Demystified: Change Your Gardening Habits to Help Roots Thrive

Roots Demystified: Change Your Gardening Habits to Help Roots Thrive

Roots Demystified explains simple solutions for growing healthy roots and, thereby, healthier plants. The book explores the subterranean part of every gardener s world, revealing how roots really grow while correcting common errors such as where most gardeners apply water, mulch, and fertilizer or compost. This is the first and only book in print for gardeners with such an ...more
Published November 15th 2007 by Metamorphic Press

To ask other readers questions about Roots Demystified, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roots Demystified

Heidi
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like garden books - especially when they have actual references and experience to back up the statements. I got a few good tips and a good bit of inspiration. There was something about the cover that made me not ever buy it (shallow, I know), but my son bought it and lent it to me. Glad he did. And now I even like the cover better.
Another cover turn off and an excellent read is Dear Mad’m by Stella Patterson (I think).
Adam
Robert Kourik became curious about roots one day and discovered that some pioneering scientists (John Weaver and V.A. Kolesnikov) had done some great work on them (unsurprisingly). In "Roots Demystified," he extrapolates gardening advice from this scientific background. While much of the advice seems sound (drip irrigation and no-till gardening are great), the premise of the book seems stretched a little thin for me.

There is some interesting knowledge to be had in the book. I was especially fas
Katie
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: gardening
This book was helpful and contained some surprising information about roots. I think it was more helpful in understanding how tree roots grow, but there is some relevant information for vegetable gardeners. I wasn't a thrilled with it as I hoped to be from reading the reviews, but it is certainly valuable knowledge for anyone wanting to delve a little deeper into understanding how plants grow and thrive.
Laura Johnston
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. The drawings of root systems are fascinating.
Kittylittle
You're reading a book about roots? yes and it is great. Who knew roots could be so interesting! Since we depend on them to sustain us reading about them seemed a good thing to do.
David Pitman
Feb 15, 2015
Adam Graffunder
Nov 11, 2010
Caddy
rated it it was ok
Apr 01, 2015
rated it did not like it
Jul 09, 2015