Start by marking “Mother of Wolves (Evalyce Worldshaper, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mother of Wolves (Evalyce Worldshaper, #1)

Mother of Wolves

(Evalyce Worldshaper #1)

A being of ancient power is beginning to stir, and a counterbalance must rise.

For the realm of De Sikkari, the Year of the Golden Hart is a time of great awakening and change. This is particularly true for Kalla kyl’Solidor, also known as The Wolf Who Sleeps. A mage trainee of Cryshal Kanlon, Kalla seeks a magister — one who serves to protect their magi’s energy source. Tr
Published November 30th 2015 by CreateSpace (first published July 12th 2015)

Sally
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
3.5 rounded up

This book was a nice, light read, however it is not for people who are seeking a hardcore, high-stakes plot. It feels especially relaxing because the protagonist is very overpowered. Everything is easy for her, so none of the supposedly scary events seem to matter. If she has one fault, it is that she is sometimes rash, but because of her strength, this doesn’t pose much of a problem.

I do enjoy the personalities of the characters a lot, so I will be reading the rest of the series.
Claire
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

This isn’t a particularly easy review to write, I stopped reading at about 85% but I can’t offer you a good reason for my reaching the point where I couldn’t read anymore other than to say I didn’t gel with this book and despite pursuing for a large chunk I didn’t find a connection anywhere.

Kalla is a mage who takes on a new magister, Aleister, and the pair of them set out on a journey to track down the culprits of a wyvern attack on Kalla’s h
Siobhan
Mother of Wolves is one of those books where I had an internal battle of whether I was to round my rating up or down. It’s a solid three-point-five star read, and in the end I decided to round down due to my belief of the rest of the series being capable of offering up solid four star ratings. Many will easily hand over a four star rating for the book, but recently I’m finding it hard to hand out the number of four-star ratings I used to.

Mother of Wolves is a very interesting read, one that pul
Floryie
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I didn't realise how apt the title is till the end. The story is all about the Mother of wolves and it is a nicely woven piece of fiction. The blurb had me interested in the story but the cover, though contained the elements of the story, didn't have the right look to complement the book.

I admit as soon as I started the book and finished the first scene, I was a bit disappointed. It felt too familiar as with other books. But thank goodness I continued because after that, it was a completely uni
Joe Jackson
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mother of Wolves is a gripping, fast-paced adventure that rather brilliantly merges Fantasy with a bit of Scifi. d'Merricksson has crafted a fascinating world that we barely scratch the surface of. Mother of Wolves encompasses many bits and pieces of folklore and real-world mythology, most notably of the Japanese variety, so some names and concepts will be familiar, while others seem to be original to the author and quite well-done.

There's so much to like about this story, and the primary compli
Yvonne Daniels
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Yvonne by: Lola Blog Tour
Cursed Pride: A Pride of City Lions Novella
by Cara St. Clair
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
OMG! What a great Fantasy, Sci-fi and Mythology all roll in one my kind of story. Well this is my first time reading J. Aislynn dMerricksson and I'm willing to say I really enjoyed this story and I will read her books again. This a well written and beautiful blended story. I really enjoyed how this author mixed magic and everything else together to this fantastic storytelling. WOW her characters are well-developed with multiple f
T.
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I downloaded Mother of Wolves, book 1 of the Evalyce Worldshaper series, as a free book from Amazon. An interesting blurb although I'll admit, some of the segues and plot explanations were weak. I really like the characters which has made this a really good read for me (in spite of aforementioned storyline issues).
Angela Kalnins
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Angela by: The Author
Evalyce: Worldshaper
By: J Aislynn d’Merricksson

Science Fiction/Fantasy

Theme: Set in a world of blended ‘magik’ and technology--ripe with the dragon-kin, kitsune, mages, demi-gods and starships—this is a story of good versus evil.

mage/m'j/
archaicliterary
noun
1. a magician or learned person

magik
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

Young and beautiful, Kalla kyl’Solidor, an incredible, naturally gifted mage trainee and her newly appointed Ark
Jenn
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Evalyce: Worldshaper: Vol. 1: Mother of Wolves starts with a character’s troubled sleep, but begins in full with a jolt. Kalla, a masterful female mage, enters the pit of Dante’s Inferno to seek out a protector. Although she is more than able to fend for herself, she is forced to acquire a bodyguard. She chooses Aleister, a thief (or murderer, depending on who is asked) from the lowest rung of prison.

As the story unfolds, we learn Kalla is more than just a high-powered mage and Aleister a mere b
A.N.
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Read for epic Fantasy Fans!

This is not something you're going to be able to plow through in a weekend. This book has taken me the better part of a month to finish. I cannot believe that J Aislynn d'Merricksson got the amount of story that she did into 170 pages. The writing style is very much like that of George R.R. Martin, or J.R.R. Tolkein. This author's world building skills are top notch. I loved the imagery of the floating cities, and all of the fantasy creatures.

Some of the pla
Lana Axe
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those super fun fantasy/steampunk/sci-fi crossover stories that adds elements of the wider fantasy genre together into one really cool book. The author has done very well blended these together, heaviest on the fantasy and mythic realms.

Main character Kalla is a multitalented bad-A. One of those heroines you love to love! I still got the feeling that she was real, not some over the top image of perfection. She gets into some serious danger, and she’s far from invincible. The story
Christian
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kalla is a young mage that is sent to find a magister. Once she has found one that she is drawn to, they are attacked by fire-breathing wyvern which sets them on a journey to fight against evil.

I am not fully familiar with this kind of genre, but I did fully enjoy it. Because I am not used to all the strange names and places it was a little confusing at times but not to the extent that I wanted to give up. I enjoyed reading about the bond between Kalla and Aleister (her magister). Once they s
Angeline Brown
May 26, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a well written fantasy book with both magic and technology mixed together. We meet our heroin (Kalla Kyl’Solidor) when she searches for a bodyguard which she finds in prison. The author is clearly very imaginative and I enjoyed reading about the relationship which grows between these two characters. The characters in this book whether good or bad are well developed and therefor easy to picture and either root for or dislike.
There were many places, creatures and characters within the stor
Coral Walker
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.
The book tells the story of Kalla Kyl’Solidor, a short, green-eyed black-haired Argosian woman. Kalla had allied herself with Aleister, a magister, and Amaterasu, a fire wyvern, and together they fight against the evil Al’dhumarna, Lord of the Living Nightmare.
Overall, it is a decent read and the scenes between Kalla and Aleister are sometimes quite charming. However, I did get confused here and there by the difficult and unfamiliar
Lauren
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I recently re-read this book in preparation for Volume 2, and it was just as fun and engaging as the first time around. With tantalising touches of mythology, a hint of romance, and a rising evil threatening, what's not to love? The writing style is light enough so that I didn't feel bogged down, while still providing fantastic fuel for the imagination. I can't wait to start Volume 2: Lady of Wolves.
Steve
Nov 12, 2016
Erin Howse
May 21, 2017

• Faerie Killer
  • The Gathering (Hunters of the Dream, #1)
  • The Healer's Rune
  • Urban Witch (Urban Witch #1)
  • Prison of Souls
  • The Beer Bible
  • The Time Tunnellers
  • Dance By Midnight (Grimoire Chronicles, #1)
  • Soul's Asylum - Star Weaver
  • I, the Provocateur
  • Pet Logic: See the World Through Your Pet's Eyes and Experience Your Life Through a Beautiful New Lens
  • The Tempest: A Bowers and Hunter Mystery (Bowers and Hunter Mysteries)
  • The Swamp Witch
  • Life's Forever Changed (Show Me, #0.5)
  • Dawn of the Vie (Immortal Aliens, #1)
  • Miracle at Christmas (Christmas, Colorado #7.5)
  • Perfection to a Fault: A Small Murder in Ossipee, New Hampshire, 1916
  • Free Fall: Caden's Journals
I am a university graduate with a BA in Anthropology, and both a Masters and a PhD in Philosophy. I have a specialization in mythic studies, especially dragon mythology, and in archaeology and anthropology. Until recently, I taught classes in mythic studies and ethics, among which were Blessings of Bragi: An Introduction to Myth and Legend, and a pair of classes (The Mythic Feminine, The Mythic Ma ...more

Evalyce Worldshaper (3 books)
  • Lady of Wolves (Evalyce Worldshaper, #2)
  • Empress of Wolves (Evalyce Worldshaper, #3)