Start by marking “Every Day Deserves a Chance: Wake Up to the Gift of 24 Hours” as Want to Read:
Every Day Deserves a Chance: Wake Up to the Gift of 24 Hours

Every Day Deserves a Chance: Wake Up to the Gift of 24 Hours

Doesn't every day deserve a chance to be a good day? An opportunity? A shot? A tryout? An audition? A swing at the plate? After all: "This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." But what of those days when traffic snarls, airports close, friends forget, and spouses complain? Or divorce days, final exam days, surgery days, tax days, or even days w ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Every Day Deserves a Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Day Deserves a Chance

Jerry
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a lifelong worrier, this book really spoke to me. I've known for a while that I need to improve my attitude, and Max's words here addressed my problem. Great stuff!
Brooke Fradd
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not one of his more profound books, but still has some nuggets of truth. I highlighted at least a line in each chapter.
📑
I didn't realize there is a reading guide in the back until about half way through. This portion solidified the chapter with scripture and questions to consider.
🌄
Easy to read. Good perspective. An over all good (but not great) book.
Robert
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A little too short, but relevant stories and uplifting, of course.
Jose
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read!
Sally Andrews
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorites of his. I love the thoughts of waking up every day and making it the best I can make it. Always love Max Lucado's writing.
Ken
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there's no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again.” Max Lucado is an American author, and pastor that have written many books. He has won three Christian Book of the Year Awards. In addition, Lucado’s books are inspiring, thoughtful, and life-altering. After reading the book, Everyday Deserves a Chance I had an epiphany. I realized the things I was allowing to hold me back. Through the various stories and illustrations, I was ...more
Rebecca Johnson
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
"Basis: Everyday has hope. Everyday deserves a chance to be a great day. YOU have to make the decision to let the day be great. The book was very inspirational, had a great message, and was an well-written, easy read.

Okay, sooooo books riddled with bible verses are not usually my speed. Not that I have anything against the bible, I just often have problems when things get ""churchy."" Even though this book is chocked fulled of bible verses; I honestly enjoyed it.

Some favorite passages: p. 4 ""
Philip
We read this with my Sunday School class. Even though I found it incredibly cheesy to the point of annoyance at times, I did find myself thinking of the book in a positive light when I was having a bad day. (I can think of one bad day in particular.)

For me though, there were too many lists. Like Cathy
. And I'm not a big Cathy fan. Also, the metaphors were a BIT over the top for me. But, I liked the anecdotes.

Sometimes, I think the cheesiness of it detracted from the overall message, which I th
Sarah Neumann
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other-nonfiction
This book caught my eye, because so many days, I get up and just live another day, finding many things to be sour about or complain about. But God's word says that this is the day that He has made, and to rejoice and be glad in it. Wow! How often do we do that?

This book was a good read, and worth your time if you struggle with being thankful for each day. Each day deserves a chance. It's a gift from God. He is capable of blessing you in the most unexpected ways. And even if everything does go wr
Ashley
Jun 08, 2010 rated it it was ok
Super cheesy. It felt very unrealistic and idealistic. The thoughts and overarching ideas were good, but the execution of the book was simply fluff and cheese. I do think a lot of the things in the book are effective in dealing with life in general, but just the way it's written... it feels out-of-touch, like Grandpa talking about how to be smart about using The Internet. I feel like I'm being told about life from someone who hasn't had a very interesting or difficult one.

The whole book is just
Mar 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
I love how Max Lucado can take just a simple phrase and break it down into so many levels, showing you nuances you would never have thought about. I was lifted up by reading this book, it made me strive to give every day a chance. Another great read from Max Lucado, you should definitely check it out.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2008...
Jessica
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book, although most of the messages were very similar to those that are in Come Thirsty: No Heart Too Dry for His Touch. This book shows that every day can be a good day. It also shows how you can have hope and happiness when the situations that you currently are in are not very good.
Heather Larcombe
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Probably would get a much higher rating from a Christian reader. He has several good inspirational stories and a few secular good ideas, but his primary message is "give over your will and worries to God and trust that Jesus will take care of everything." Awesome for the faithful, not so useful to the atheist.
Ninia
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When you feel like you're life is painstakingly useless, this book heals you. "Everyday Deserves a Chance" gives you meaning and purpose. Gives you hope for a better tomorrow, and that every mistake does not mean you are worthless. Learning everyday life is tough but motivating. Everyday indeed is a new day!
Carôle Ceres
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A really good read. Informative, instructional & most of all, empowering! The section on 'The Choice' discussing actions & attitudes around Galatians 5's Fruit of the Spirit (v 22 & 23) is humbling…

Max Lucado has a God given talent for teaching God's Word in such a way that 20th & 21st century citizens can be guided to God in a language & method they understand.
Donna
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've read many of Max Lucado's books and this one has to be one of the best. Maybe it is just where I am as I read it, but it has encouraged me to think about how every day of my life fits into God's overall plan for me. It is fantastic and I may go back and read through it again once finished. It makes for a great daily devotional book of encouragement in the mornings.
Kristen
Mar 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Max Lucado is amazing. He is very inspirational. In this book he presents the day. That period of 24 hrs. that we sometimes chooses to waste. He has great antedotes. He also includes the Savior in how to model our day. A great read with a great perspective.
Matthew Bushnell
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
In true Lucado fashion, this little book helps you "look on the bright side" and challenges the futility of negativity. I love the way he writes. If you need a lift, and perhaps a perspective on finding the positive then you must read this book.
Sue
Nov 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-life
No matter what challenges we face, we should accept each day as a gift from God and make the best of it. I started reading this book when I felt like my life was falling apart, and it has really helped me to appreciate each day and continue to take one day at a time.
Tina
May 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Any book with the goal to bring you closer to Christ and to help you become a more happy person deserves 5 stars. Not all books are meant to be literary masterpieces. This one had lots of practical applications to making every day a good day. It had great examples and stories too.
Chris
Mar 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I love Max Lucado's books but this seemed like his weakest book, almost like he was forcing himself to write it. However, it is definitely a little gem and can inspire anyone to live more happily and peacefully.
Homer H.
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I wuld recommend this to anybody. I need this book to straighten me out on bad days. I would recommend it for cell group study material.
The stories or anecdotes were well written, like it was part of a literary piece like a novel. Enjoyed those stories immensely.
Alex
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the idea behind this book, but I don't think the examples used really contributed to that overall message. This also seemed much shorter than usual, and was kind of low on substance.

Still, I love Max Lucado's writing and his books always make me feel peaceful after reading them.
Laura Ansley
Aug 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Wow I enjoyed this book! It's simple, fun to read, and definitely a great "life-help" book. Basically Lucado just talks about all these reasons why you can have a good day, no matter what. I finished the book and thought I still had a few chapters left, but it was only the notes, so I was sad!
Dianna
Feb 26, 2008 rated it it was ok
Light, a little fluffy. Good for someone who needs a light boost, but doesn't have much time, or just someone who is a new Christian and could use some direction to get started. Max Lucado has a smooth writing style that slides you through the book.
Rick Elliott
Jul 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Max Lucado has a way of presenting stories from the Bible in a way that gives me a fresh and unique perspective on its application to my life. This book is no exception as it encourages the reader to greet each new day as a gift given to us to grow in relationship to the God who gives it.
Kirsten
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was wonderful! I learned plenty of lessons about positivity and God's greatness. There was never a dull moment and had some cute humor. This book teaches so much and everyone should read it!
Debbie
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good, quick, easy read when one needs a little mood lift.
Lewis Smith
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book by Max Lucado; think I'm going to buy this one (after I return the one I read to the local library).
Kevin Clouse
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
great encouragement, easy read.

• The Source of My Strength: Relying on the life-changing power of Jesus Christ to heal our wounded hearts
  • Designed for Devotion: A 365-Day Journey from Genesis to Revelation
  • The Secret of Happiness
  • Women of Courage : 31 Daily Devotional Bible Readings - The Remarkable Untold Stories, Challenges & Triumphs Of Thirty-One Ordinary, Yet Extraordinary, Bible Women
  • I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion
  • A Table in the Presence: The Dramatic Account of How a U.S. Marine Battalion Experienced God's Presence Amidst the Chaos of the War in Iraq
  • Strengthening Your Grip
  • Knit Together: Discover God's Pattern for Your Life
  • Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible: Flawed Women Loved by a Flawless God
  • The Gratitude Journal: A 21 Day Challenge to More Gratitude, Deeper Relationships, and Greater Joy
  • A Woman and Her God
  • 100 Days of Right Believing: Daily Readings from The Power of Right Believing
  • The Heartache No One Sees: Real Healing for a Woman's Wounded Heart
  • Descending Into Greatness
  • Life Is _____.: God's Illogical Love Will Change Your Existence
  • Keeping Your Kids on God's Side: 40 Conversations to Help Them Build a Lasting Faith
  • Grace Walk: What You've Always Wanted in the Christian Life
  • Slaying the Giants in Your Life
With more than 130 million products in print and several NYT bestsellers, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy. His next book is publishing August 2018 and is titled Unshakable Hope.

https:/
“Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there's no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again.” 654 likes