Start by marking “To Kiss a Spy (Kiss, #2)” as Want to Read:
To Kiss a Spy (Kiss, #2)

To Kiss a Spy

(Kiss Trilogy #2)

New York Times bestselling author Jane Feather has won legions of fans and critical accolades for her sweeping romances portraying a unique blend of sizzling seduction and dangerous intrigue. In this first of two romances featuring two unconventional sisters whose quest to solve the mystery surrounding their lives puts each of them in the path of a dangerously irresistible ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about To Kiss a Spy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Kiss a Spy

Katherine 黄爱芬
Lady Penelope Bryanston tidak percaya bhw anak yg dilahirkannya scr prematur mati setelah dilahirkan. Sbg janda seorang earl dan "bermusuhan" dgn ibu mertuanya dan iparnya, Pen makin meyakini kecurigaan sabotase bayi yg dilahirkannya. Namun Pen tidak punya pilihan lain utk mengungkapkan rahasia busuk mereka, selain menanti dan menjadi lady in waiting Princess Mary.

Owen D'Arcy, chevalier dan spion dari Perancis membutuhkan Pen utk kepentingan Perancis. Pen mengajukan "pertukaran" bhw dia akan mem
mirada
Cuando lo leí no tenía ni idea de que era la continuación de El beso de la viuda. Me ha gustado mucho porque la cuestión histórica (los problemas en la sucesión de Enrique VIII) es muy esclarecedora para los que no conocemos ese periodo histórico. Además, es un pequeño descanso de la Regencia. Por otro lado, esta autora es bastante irregular y aunque el libro no es malo, tampoco es de los que quedan en la memoria.
Elle
Jan 10, 2012 rated it liked it
The Setting: England. Edward VI is king, but gravely ill.

Heroine: Lady Penelope (Pen) Bryanston, the daughter of Guinevere in WIDOWS KISS. She married a young earl who died suddenly, leaving her with child. She went into premature labor before her family could attend her and was told that she gave birth to a stillborn son, but she's sure she heard the baby cry. Nobody in her own family will believe her and in fact they do their best to discourage her from thinking of or speaking about her child.
Santy
Nov 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this second book is the most interesting story than the other in "kiss" trilogy. Love both characters of the hero and the heroine.
Kara
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Jane Feather is a delight to read. She has a mystery to unravel and a couple to bring together. This is a medieval escape for a long bubble bath.
Juliana Knight
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book, made me want to read the others in the series. The characters were incredibly likable and there was plenty of intrigue. You never knew whether or not the story would end up the way you wanted it to and the characters were developed and had interesting backstories. The historical setting was well-done and fairly accurate.
Janine
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series. Great intrigue - light on the sex - but makes you want to read the next chapter. Couldn't put it down!
Historical fiction. The story line was good, but the characters were not full developed. The motivations seemed shallow and at times illogical.
Ana
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Read this around October 2016. It's an intriguing romance set in the time of King Edward and Princess Mary.
Marcia
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, had a hard time putting it down.
Susan (the other Susan)
My favorite of Jane Feather's Tudor-era "Kiss" trilogy, and an intelligent example of historical romantic fiction. An adult love story between two complicated, likable and ultimately heroic people dealing with the unforgiving intricacies of court life at a time when a frail king lies dying and the conniving Duke of Northumberland is contriving to prevent Princess Mary from inheriting the crown... Knowing the outcome of Northumberland's manipulations, and Mary's eventual fate, I didn't expect to ...more
Anna
Nov 16, 2009 added it
It has been quite some time since I picked up one a Jane Feather romance novel. I started borrowing them from my mother's shelf at quite a young age (*cough*), and still have a sentimental attachment. When I was between books--by which I mean there was a book upstairs that I meant to start, but I was downstairs--I saw one on the paperback shelf, yielded to my old impulses, and picked it up. To Kiss a Spy is, unlike some of the other Feather series I have read, set in the reign of Edward Tudor, a ...more
Nada
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am not a fan of the romantic genre, and the reason why I picked up this book was the word 'spy'. But I have to admit that the love story in this novel moved me and was a kind of an escape for me from the headaches of the day. It is love that was born and raised in the royal court of 16th century England. It flourished against a backdrop of political turmoil and personal tragedy. The characters were gracefully developed, the plot is intriguing without being stressful, description of places and ...more
Nona B. August
Well, dari empat buku yang kubeli dengan harga kurang dari 11ribu, aku beruntung karena buku ini adalah yang terakhir kubaca, karena menurutku buku ini lebih rame dari pada tiga buku sebelumnya.
Stars: 3,8
Sebenarnya dari awal aku lihat novel ini aku sudah tertarik, dan yah ternyata memang lumayan. Dengan baca novel ini pun aku menyadari kalau aku lebih suka dengan cerita berkisar bangsawan-bangsawan dan sesekali intrik-intrik seperti novel ini.
Yah, cerita yang lumayan walau aku agak kecewa (view
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
It took me a long time to get into this book, To me it didn't get interesting until near the end.
Pen is very head-strong and determined, determined to find a child everyone believed was stillborn.
She lives the court life just going day to day until she meets Owen. Owen is a spy, sent to cozy up to Pen and get info.
I did like how the author kept to the historical facts with this story. That was fascinating, and then adding in the fictional storyline.
I just felt like a lot of the book was drug ou
Jean
This novel takes place in 17th century England amidst the succession turmoil involving Mary and Jane Gray.

The main character is a widow who suffered from her in-law's devious machinations and now the political intrigue that involves Mary whom she serves as a lady-in-waiting. The first portion of the novel deals with Pen, Owen and her potentially missing son whom would have been stolen or killed due to her mother-in-law's scheming. The latter part of the novel deals with the danger of Northumbe
Linda Smith
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
To Kiss a Spy is a dramatic, exciting love story that unfolds against the backdrop of a power struggle for the British throne in the mid-1500's. Lady Penelope Bryanston is a widow haunted by the deaths of her husband and stillborn son. She remembers hearing a baby cry before passing out from the difficult, premature delivery. But her mother-in-law insists that she was hallucinating and even her own friends and family doubt her story. Owen d'Arcy is a French spy who has been instructed to seduce ...more
Jody
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is another of my favorites from Jane Feather. It takes place in England during the reign of King Edward. Lady Pen Bryantson is the daughter of Guinevere (#1 Kiss, A Widow's Kiss.) She was recently married to Phillip, who died suddenly after being in good health. He left Lady Pen with child, living with the "evil" mother-in-law. Upon an early labor, her child is stillborn and swept away before Lady Pen can hold him and grieve. She is possessed with finding her baby boy, whom she feels is sti ...more
Titis Wardhana
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: edit, romance
pake error segala, jadi diulang deh.
Pen, anaknya Guinevere di buku pertama, ditinggal mati sama suaminya, trus pas lg ngelahirin bayinya dibuang sama ibu mertuanya, trus dikasi tau klo uda mati. Pen ga percaya soalnya dia denger tangisan bayi. Abis pesta natal, Pen pulang sendirian mau dipalak gt deh, eh ditolong sama Owen, mata2 dr Prancis. Trus Pen minta bantuan Owen buat nyari anaknya.
Di buku ini lebih banyak intrik2nya daripada buku pertama, apalagi mertua sama adik iparnya Pen bikin sebel
Wirya
I prefer the story of Lady Guineveire, the mother of the heroine here, in the previous spy trilogy book.

But here, it gave more details of the historical plot. About Princess Mary, and the other important members of the Tudor regency.

Once or twice a technique how to be a good spy was given. When it comes to the practise, of course, you could pretend that you are the spy itself. Not too bad..
Julie
An averagely entertaining romance. While it had solidly written scenes and a solid plot line, there was just something about the hero that fell flat. His character never communicated "Alpha" the way it should have, especially considering he was a very dangerous spy. I loved the heroine though! I think the two were just not an explosive match.
Jill
Jul 20, 2011 rated it liked it
It was surprisingly not as bad as I had thought when I grabbed it quickly off the library shelf while my daughter was screaming. The end was a bit of a let down. It seemed like the author just had to finish the book at that time, or ran out of alloted pages, because a lot of info that should have been covered was just glossed over. Overall though, I was fairly entertained.
Ashley♥Alexis
Jul 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: genre-historical
I enjoyed the read. I liked how the romance was a very important part of the story but with everything else going on around them the romance almost seemed not important but by having that love between the two main characters it tied up all the loose ends not only in their lives but the other supporting character's lives.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
In my Jane Feather phase - I read all of these books. I must have enjoyed them enough that I still kept all the books even if I don't remember them. Ms. Feather books survived my many "clean up" donation drives.
Venus
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
entah mengapa para tokoh utama wanita sering melakukan tindakan bodoh, sudah tahu bahwa berjalan di kegelapan di tempat sepi itu sangat berbahaya masih juga merasa dirinya mampu melakukannya. dan tentu saja untungnya ada sang tokoh pahlawan pria yang datang menyelamatkan. hahaha...........
Amy
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this period romance. It was refreshing that Pen was a widow instead of a young girl first out in society. I also enjoyed that there were multiple things happening at once and didn't only focus on the couple. Deception, intrigue, misunderstanding, loyalty, family, and of course romance.
Haley
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
The plot is great but it is one of the few settings that I can't get past. And sadly it's just the clothes they would be popular and wigs...it's difficult to see a fuy as the hero of the novel with this things against in him my imaginings.
Fanny Roswita Ria
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Novel series ke dua ini malah lebih banyak intriknya, lebih banyak bagian yg gw longkap2 dan lebih banyak lagi ketidakmengertian gw dengan alurnya...hahahahahaha

Yah, yang bs dipetik itu "keyakinan membuahkan ketekunan untuk terus mencari jawaban" si Pen banget deh ini
Rose
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the read
Amanda
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
A re-read after many years.
  • Tempted
  • The Seduction of an English Lady
  • Desire (Notorious, #3)
  • One Night with a Spy (Royal Four, #3)
  • Back Roads (Glen Crossing #1)
  • Suspicion of Vengeance (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #6)
  • Undone
  • First Comes Love
  • Winter Fire (Malloren, #6)
  • Under Cover
  • Lost in Your Arms (Governess Brides, #6)
  • Firebird
  • Lady of Sin (Seducers spin-off #2)
  • Promise Me Forever (Lost Lords, #3)
  • Two Little Lies (MacLachlan Family, #3)
  • Beyond Seduction (Bastion Club, #6)
  • Highlander Unbound (Lockhart Family, #1)
  • The Art of Seduction
Jane Robotham was born on 1945 in Cairo, Egypt, where her British parents were stationated. She grew up in New Forest, in the south of England. She earned a Master’s Degree in Applied Social Studies from Oxford University. In 1978, she, her husband and their three children moved to New Jersey. There, she worked as a social worker. She began writing in 1981 after another move, this time to Washingt ...more

Kiss Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Widow's Kiss (Kiss, #1)
  • Kissed by Shadows (Kiss, #3)