Start by marking “Tricked (Dark Protectors #7.75)” as Want to Read:
Tricked (Dark Protectors #7.75)

Tricked

(Dark Protectors #7.75)

He Might Save Her

Kindle Edition, 1001 Dark Nights #48, 119 pages
Published October 25th 2016 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Tricked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tricked

Start your review of Tricked (Dark Protectors #7.75)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Okay don't know what is going on with these last two novellas but I am just not feeling them. There was something missing in both Reese brothers' books. I just didn't feel that special something that made me connect. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a bad read, it just wasn't that great awesome read I am so use to with Rebecca Zanetti, who in my eyes is amazing. I seen that there is a novella coming out in 2017 named Talen. I can't find any info on it but I can't wait to get my hands on it either wa ...more
Sophia Triad
Jared Reese & Veronica 'Ronni' Alexander

So, after the story of Kayrs brothers and their closest friends which served as the backbone of “Dark Protectors” series, the story of the three Reese brothers follows.
The three vampire brothers are presented in three short novels from the 1001 Nights series:

1. Teased for Chalton Reese
2. Tricked for Jared Reese
3. Tangled for Theo Reese

The story of Jared and Ronni started in the previous book, “Teased”.
Ronni is Olivia’s (Chalton’s mate) best friend. She i
Dianne
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Zanetti is back with another smoking hot vampire who never intended to mate until he discovers a woman dying from a strange and incurable poison that is quickly bringing her life and her heart to an end. Jared has made a promise and is willing to make the ultimate eternal sacrifice to save his sister-in-law’s best friend from dying. Convincing himself that it is so he may spend more time with his brother Chalton, Jared will mate and make Ronni Alexander immortal, in effect, curing her.

R
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
WOW!! What a delightfully intense novella. Somehow Rebecca Zanetti found a way to pack a full story into a few pages, giving enough to satisfy me while at the same time I'm clamoring for more!

Jared Reese was a 400+ year old vampire who was tasked with saving the life of his sister-in-law's BFF, Veronica. You see, Veronica had been poisoned and now had only days to live. However, the mating between these two characters would not only cure her, but also grant her immortality.

There were so many unr
Carvanz
This little novella had a heck of a power struggle between the hero and heroine. More so than any other couple in this series.

More importantly, how was he going to keep a mate safe who didn’t want to be kept safe?

While I didn’t enjoy the other woman drama, I did enjoy the fact that no matter how hard Jared worked to isolate and protect Veronica, she was going to do what needed to be done. This is not a heroine who makes TSTL decisions, but one who is using her brain to solve the mystery of who
Claire
5 - "I'm the only one who can really bite, baby... Don't forget it." Stars!

I have an addiction, its one I am proud of, and that is that I absolutely cannot stop reading the books that Rebecca Zanetti releases, that in any way take me back to the Dark Protectors world.

Tricked picks up where the previous 1001 Dark Nights novella Teased left off and this time it is Jared Reese who is struck by the love bug!

A predator… harder to catch that the wind.

These novellas are in essence quick reads, the
AJ
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Aaaahhh, Rebecca Zanetti – you never fail to deliver. A feisty heroine, an alpha hero, hot vampire sex and lots of action, this is a great read, and a fantastic addition to the Dark Protectors series!

Jared is the brother of Chalton Reese (tech genius of the Realm). Jared was introduced in Teased, where his story was hinted at – an ex-pirate and vampire who agrees to help his new sister-in-law by saving the life of her dying best friend, by mating her. Yep, sex and a vampire bite and Ronni
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jared & Ronni's story:

So far in the series, this is my least favorite. It's still a really good story and I love seeing the Reese brothers continue in the series, but I'm afraid I hold pretty high standards for RZ.

In Jared and Ronni's story, Jared volunteers to mate Ronni to save her life. She's having heart problems that are killing her. Since she's best friends to his brothers mate and has no plans on finding love again, he has no qualms about choosing a mate he does t know.

The part I didn't
Stacie
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 "Neanderthal Alpha Vampire" Stars!

I loved this one. Very, very good novella. Especially for the Dark Protectors world. Jared was seriously a neanderthal! I mean he actually guided her around by her hair at one point. But no worries, Ronnie gave as good as she got. Loved these two. On to Theo! Happy reading!
Alaina
Jared and Ronnie were adorable.

Tricked was, again, another entertaining novella to dive into. Man, my NYE was crazy busy at work. Then once I got home - I was exhausted. Didn't want to look at another book, my phone, or my computer. So reviews waited until today (1/2/20) because I could finally look at my computer or listen to a book without wanting to die from wanting to sleep.

Anyhoo, back to the book. These two chemistry and it made me swoon. I seriously loved their banter and I hope that one
Thenia
The story of Ronni, Olivia's friend who is near death, and Jared, Chalton's brother who offers to mate her to save her life.

Ronni isn't thrilled with the idea of tying her life forever to the dark and handsome stranger, but she doesn't have any other options, and figures that they'll just go on their own way after the deed is done. Jared, who lost the woman he loved to another man years ago, doesn't think he'll ever love again, but he has definite ideas about his mating.

The two discover pretty e
Claire
2.5 stars rounded up because I liked the catfight between the two girls

Definitely not amongst the best in the series. Jared firmly remained an a**hole from beginning to end, and the plot was weak and centered on human matters.
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
If you read the book introduction you have basically read the book. After Ronnie and Jared mate, They start investing who is trying to kill her. Ronnie is very annoying for most of the story a bit immature to be a psychologist. Then enters Jared's an old love Ginny that choose to mate and married someone else centuries ago. Well you know there is going to be trouble there.

The novella was extremely short and not worth $2.99. The storyline feels more like a suspense thriller type romance then a p
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
It took me just a minute to get caught back up in this world and remember who all the players are. This story takes place in the world of the Dark Protectors but it is about a group of mercenary off the grid vampire brothers. This is Jared's story. We also have met the heroine Ronni in the previous story as well.

I enjoyed the suspense in this one. You have to be familiar with vampires and mating if you want to get over the insta lust/love between these two. Great passion and wonderful humor in
Sandy S
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 25, 2016

He Might Save Her

Former police psychologist Ronni Alexander had it all before a poison attacked her heart and gave her a death sentence. Now, on her last leg, she has an opportunity to live if she mates a vampire. A real vampire. One night of sex and a good bite, and she’d live forever with no more weaknesses. Well, except for the vampire whose dominance is over the top, and who has no clue how to deal with a modern woman who can take care of herself
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
4.5 Stars. I was a little disappointed in Teased so I wasn't sure what I'd think of Tricked but I really enjoyed it and the characters just resonated with me much better. I also really felt the chemistry between Jared and Ronnie. I really thought this one had a lot more humor in it - there were a few scenes that just cracked me up and I loved the banter between Jared and Ronnie.

He looked at her like she'd completely gone insane. "Yes. One of us has to worry about you. You're crazy. Nuttier th
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Only Rebecca Zanetti can get away with writing these types of over the top alpha cavemen and do it so well that you keep coming back for more. Even among the males in this series Jared is OTT, which is saying a lot. My eyebrows were close to my hairline the whole time I read this book. What?

A feisty heroine, an overprotective hero, some action and a lot of steam - the perfect recipe for an engaging story. This is one novella I wish was a full-length book because there was so much to love about
Glenda Bettin
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah I love this series
Rebecca
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tricked is only my second novella in Rebecca Zanetti’s Dark Protectors series; coincidentally, the two stories I’ve read were about two of the three Reese brothers, and Jared Reese meets his ‘arranged mate’ through Chalton’s girl, Olivia, who just so happens to be Ronni Alexander’s best friend and the woman who needs Jared’s help in order to save her life.

‘Sex with a bite’

That’s Ronni’s rather simplistic view about her potential mating with an ex-pirate vampire who vowed to never love again….a
Autumn Miller ~ autumnbookreads
I liked this book, but I couldn’t help but feel like it was rushed. Everything happened so fast and the book was over before it really had time to develop anything. This made it hard to connect with the characters or the murder mystery going on. And just the story in general. It was disappointing and I felt like something was missing. I just hope that the next book will be better.
Marianne
Yet another unhealthily controlling alpha vampire who can “smell his mate’s desire”. Oh yes, and a manipulative ex... My eyes are rolling so hard.

I'd forgotten I'd read the first book in the series and disliked it. Hopefully I've learned my lesson this time.
Paraphrodite
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
3.5 stars.

Ms Zanetti writes good stuff. This was a short story but filled with enough action and romance to satisfy. Although I did find the hero's actions during lovemaking a bit abusive.. guess it's considered a mild form of BDSM?

All in all, a short enjoyable read.
Jean
Jul 28, 2020 rated it liked it

Jared and Ronni's book, slightly better than his brother Charlton's book.

The male lead was aggressive at times and the female lead worked on my nerves at other times.
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Jared agrees to mate Veronica (Ronni) to save her. After the mating is complete he realizes she isn’t a weak willed woman who will just wait at home. He is constantly tracking her down and trying to protect here because she won’t protect herself. While trying to figure out who poisoned her and dealing with his ex-girlfriend, Jared realizes he has fallen in love with Veronica and will do anything to keep her.

I really liked Ronni. She had been poisoned, was dying, and she was still trying to figu
Maria
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fave-as-fuck
I've been TRICKED. Hot damn. ...more
Paraphrodite
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2019
3 stars.

For some reason, this read better than listened. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for Neanderthal vampires at the moment.
Kahea
***4 ‘You gotta love an overprotective alpha male’ Stars***

That’s one of the things I love, and expect, whenever I dive back into the world of The Realm regardless of if it’s the Dark Protectors series or the spin off series, Realm Enforcers are the uber alpha males. They drive me a little bat shit, but there is no denying how insanely hot they are, especially when their mates bring them to their knees.

Jared and Ronnie were a lot of fun. Jared is everything you’d expect of an uber alpha vamp
Tanaka The Bibliophile
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire, paranormal
Tricked is my first book by Rebecca Zanetti. Wow, it was a different take on vampires and I loved it. I love paranormal romance and it is one of the genres that gives me a beautiful escape from the real world. I was blown away by the story. Rebecca Zanetti definitely gave me a beautiful escape into a very memorable and fantastic vampire story.

Tricked is about Veronica, a woman who is about to die from a poison. She asks Jared a vampire to help her by making her an immortal. Sparks fly between t
Sofia Lazaridou
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I can't find the worlds to describe my feelings for this book. For the last quarter I am staring at the screen and I have no idea what to say. As usual I began a series I wanted to read for so long from the last book. I had no idea what was going in the universe, but I liked the idea of an arranged marriage (and in this case a mating of convenience) because that equals plenty of angst. This novella though, didn't have a lot of angst and that saddened me a little. There were plenty of opportuniti ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Fall of Night (Midnight Breed, #17)
  • Pivot (Deep Ops, #2.5; The Brodies of Alaska, #0.5)
  • Submission Impossible (Masters & Mercenaries: Reloaded, #1)
  • Leopard's Rage (Leopard People #12)
  • The Last Warrior (Shifters Unbound #13)
  • Reckless Road (Torpedo Ink #5)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Midnight Breed #13.5)
  • Immortal Angel (Argeneau, #31)
  • Sated in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder, #2)
  • Dragon Revealed (Dragon Kings #1)
  • A Warm Heart in Winter (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18.5)
  • A Warrior Wedding (The Protectors, #7)
  • The Time King (The Kings, #13)
  • Midnight's Master (Dark Warriors, #1)
  • Tempted by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #12.5)
  • Saved by Darkness (Darkness, #6)
  • Dark Song (Dark #30)
  • Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3)
See top shelves…
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.

Dark Protectors (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
  • Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2)
  • Hunted (Dark Protectors, #3)
  • Consumed (Dark Protectors, #4)
  • Provoked (Dark Protectors, #5)
  • Shadowed (Dark Protectors, #6)
  • Marked (Dark Protectors, #7)
  • Vampire's Faith (Dark Protectors, #8)
  • Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9)
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)