Start by marking “Regnballongen” as Want to Read:
Regnballongen

Regnballongen

(TOON Books)

Hurra, hurra, det är lördag idag! På lördagar smakar till och med frukosten bättre. Men när regnet öser ner och lillasyster Clemmie vägrar att gå ut, bestämmer sig vill storasyster Matilda för att visa hur härlig en regnblöt lördag kan vara. Tillsammans ger de sig ut i ovädret på en spännande upptäcktsfärd som inte riktigt slutar som de trodde... Regnballongen är en rolig ...more
Hardcover, 1, 32 pages
Published September 2015 by Cosmos Comics (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Regnballongen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Regnballongen

Miriam
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic, realism, younger
A little girl teaches her toddler sister the joys of playing in the rain.

Tammi Peterman
1. This is the story of a girl showing her sister the joy of a rainy Saturday by teaching her to catch raindrops on her tongue, jump in puddles, and search for worms. As the big sister Matilda encourages Clemmie to try new things even though she may be scared and by the end they they are happily playing in the rain together. This is an early reader comic. The graphics are very simple and yet they capture the girls' very distinct personalities. The frames are not overly busy but provide a accurat ...more
Andrew
A little underwhelming to be honest. I was hoping Liniers would deliver something special, but this book is just an average kids book. It has nice artwork and a heartfelt story. I was expecting more from Liniers and Raw.
Samantha
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sisters, kids-comics, rain
I LOVE a good sister story and that's exactly what we have here! Inspired by the authors two daughters, this story features two little girls who enjoy a rainy Saturday together. Big Sis shows Lil Sis that even the same old breakfast tastes better on Saturday morning.

Recommended for grades 1-3.
Kristin
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Source: Goodreads Book List; accessed the text via YouTube

The Big Wet Balloon is a cute story about two sisters that is formatted as a cartoon strip. The older sister, Matilda, wants to share her love of the rain with her little sister Clemmie. She tries to teach her how to enjoy playing in the rain. At first, Clemmie does not want to get wet, but Matilda soon shows her how much fun it can be. They splash in puddles, run around, catch raindrops in their mouth, and look for worms.

This book would
Jessica Henry
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
"The Big Wet Balloon" is a sweet story that demonstrates a young girl's love for the weekend, rain and her sister. I really felt that the illustrations enhanced the story with the soft colors and the style in which the illustrations were drawn, I felt, is better than usual comic book drawings.

The book could be read by a first grader on up and would be a good book to introduce girls to since the main characters are girls. This story has themes of friendship, perseverance and empathy that cou
Darshana Khiani
Beautifully captures the innocence and simplicity of childhood.Love this story about an older sister "showing" the ropes to her younger sister about how to enjoy a rainy Saturday. Format is comic panel style.
Debra
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I just love Toon Books. So, so nice to have great graphic novels with interesting characters and stories that my reluctant readers will enjoy and be able to read independently.
Arthaey Angosii
Very cute; made me laugh out loud several times.
Lisa
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is about a little girl named Matilda and her little sister Clemmie and a rainy Saturday. The story starts out with Matilda waking up her little sister on a Saturday morning, talking about all the activities they can do. Clemmie is a little reluctant, but with Matilda’s persistence and positive outlook, Clemmie is willing to go along. Clemmie notices that it is raining and Matilda’s reaction priceless by saying that rain can be fun but that they need to be dressed for it. Clemmie reall ...more
Rachel Curtis
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The big wet balloon is a delightful story of two sisters playing on a Saturday. This story is narrated by the older sister as she tries to get her younger sister to see how much fun can be had on a Saturday, regardless of rain or shine. The younger sister is reluctant to participate in all of the play her older sister suggests. I would recommend this treasure of a book to elementary and younger children.

The author is Ricardo Liniers Siri who lives in Buenos Aires. Liniers has a somewhat differen
Mikhaila Ackerbauer
1. Awards the book has received (if any)

2. Appropriate grade level(s): K-2nd

3. Original 3-line summary: Two little sister begin their adventures of a rainy Saturday. The little sister is hesitant to go out in the rain at first, but soon she begins to enjoy being out with her sister.

4. Original 3-line review: This was an enjoyable one time read. The dialogue was not as engaging for children as other books. The illustrations however, are simple and easy to follow for beginning readers.

5. 2-3 pos
What I love about this book is that it is about having fun in the rain. All you need is the right clothes. Where I struggle is with the balloons. I know that people love to send helium balloons into the sky. I loved it too before I learned the problem. At some point the balloons come back to earth and become garbage, and a potential health hazards to wild animals.

I just can't love the book.

Cheriee Weichel
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a sweet book on many levels.
It's a celebration of rain.
It's a celebration of sibling love.
It's a celebration of weekends.

An older sibling takes the younger, more cautious, one outside to revel in the glories of rain. Eventually they are persuaded and both have a rollicking good time in a day that ends in a rainbow.
Hannah
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This graphic novel was my favorite that I read this week. It had a wonderful, sweet story about two sisters playing in the rain on a Saturday. Though the language is simple, the story shares a sweet relationship between two sisters and the fun they have exploring their rainy day. This is a relatable text that I would love to include in my own classroom.
Tina Hoggatt
Delightful story told 'toon style of a girl and her toddler younger sister experiencing the fun and heartbreak of a rainy day together. The interaction between the two is so kid and so loving. Sweet little twist at the end.
Hannah Garrett
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The cutest! It reminds me so much of my girls. My only complaint is that it should have been longer.
eimn
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet story about sisterhood and outdoors activities in the rain.
Grace Song
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very short and sweet graphic novel. Loved how it is based on the author's 2 daughters.
Lynsey Wissler
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute book. May be tough for a classroom setting but very cute for a family
Sara
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wet!
Carrie Norris
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a good graphic novel for beginning readers (also would be good to read together with a beginning reader)
Sara Lechner
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great illustrations. Can match the weather outside, rainy. Readable many be tough, book is smaller than I thought.
Alyssa Prast
In this graphic novel, Matilda and her sister Clemmie try to have as much fun as possible on a Saturday even though it is raining. Older sister Matilda is trying to teach Clemmie how much fun rain can be. In the end the girls learn that there are consequences to playing all day in the rain.
Lynn
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think younger students will really enjoy this book as all kids love balloons and will relate to the story, for PK-2. Could be used when talking about weekends or rain. I really like that is is a graphic and it is a leveled reader.
Kristi
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s Saturday morning! Saturdays are exciting for Matilda, and she wants Clemmie to have an exciting Saturday as well. Together they wake up, ready to seize the day, but of course it just has to be a rainy day. That won’t stop Matilda though. Read The Big Wet Balloon to find out how Matilda and Clemmie spend their Saturday even with the rain pouring down.
The Big Wet Balloon tells a very rudimentary tale. The story itself does not have a lot of substance, but it is cute. I would be lying if I d
Tasha
Inspired by his daughters aged 3 and 5, this book celebrates a rainy day. When Matilda wakes up on a Saturday morning, she is delighted by everything she can do that day. Clemmie, her little sister, gets excited too. But then their day turns out to be filled with rain. Matilda is undaunted and sets out to persuade Clemmie to join her out in the rain. Clemmie is very hesitant, insisting that it is wet, until Matilda shows her the umbrella and how to use it. Clemmie then enjoys the rain until her ...more
Esther Moss
The Big Wet Balloon
Reading level: It says "level 2." I'm not sure what that means. I also found it at a graded reading level of 1st-2nd and a guided reading level of J, which I agree with.
Interest Level: Because this book is so "cute" and well-designed, I think it would appeal to its target age levels of 1st and 2nd graders as well as struggling 3rd graders.

Summary: Two sisters explore the outdoors on a rainy Saturday, getting into a few pickles along the way.

Genre: graphic novel - each page
Stephanie Sutter
Liniers, R. (2013). The big wet balloon. New York, NY: Toon Books.

In The Big Wet Balloon, Matilda tries to convince her sister, Clemmie, that Saturdays are the best days, even in the rain. After several attempts, Matilda finally gets Clemmie to play in the rain. However, Matlida makes a mistake when she releases Clemmie’s balloon in an attempt to be fun. Clemmie is heartbroken. This nicely told sister story will surely melt your heartstrings. The illustrations help the reader to get in the rai
Tim
primary

This simple story of two sisters playing in the rain will quickly grab the attention of early readers, especially young girls. Even on a rainy day, the pair make the most of their time together, although the day isn't without a few problems. It is easy for young readers to follow the flow of the pages, and this book could be read independently by relatively young readers (mid/late first grade and up). The author has even included a guide for parents explaining how to read comics with youn
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Penny and Her Marble
  • Little Mouse Gets Ready: TOON Level 1
  • The Shark King
  • A Pig, a Fox, and a Box
  • Ling & Ting Share a Birthday (Ling & Ting, #2)
  • Akissi: Cat Invasion
  • Spelling Trouble (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #1)
  • The Silver Button
  • Duck, Duck, Porcupine! (Duck, Duck, Porcupine)
  • Bluffton: My Summers with Buster Keaton
  • Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths
  • My Father's Arms Are a Boat
Nombre con el que firma el historietista Ricardo Liniers Siri.

Ricardo Liniers lives in Buenos Aires with his wife and two daughters, who inspired this story. For more than ten years, he has published a hugely popular daily strip, Macanudo, in the Argentine newspaper La Nación. He also tours the world drawing onstage with musician Kevin Johansen. His work has been published in nine countries from B

TOON Books (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • We Dig Worms!: TOON Level 1