Start by marking “Pretty Dolls and Hand Grenades” as Want to Read:
Pretty Dolls and Hand Grenades

Pretty Dolls and Hand Grenades

Thirty-something, Cecelia Laramie, strives for excellence like the other housewives in her quiet suburban neighborhood. Cece’s a bit eccentric with her elaborate doll collection and bouts of OCD, so when she finds out her well-to-do husband is misbehaving, she decides to nip it in the bud—with a baseball bat.

Getting revenge on her husband for his indiscretions becomes Cece
Paperback, First, 340 pages
Published March 3rd 2016 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Dolls and Hand Grenades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty Dolls and Hand Grenades

Start your review of Pretty Dolls and Hand Grenades
Kristen
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Cara Reinard's Pretty Dolls and Hand Grenades, this domestic suspense is so compelling and down to the nitty-gritty with real good drama. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. For CeCe Laramie, her perfect world had started to slip away from her. When she learned her husband Mitchell was having an affair with his younger red-haired assistant, she almost flipped her lid. Besides her marital troubles, she's been having blackouts, panic attacks, and a severe case of OCD. Her daughter Josie has ...more
Sue Wallace
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty dolls and hand grenades by Cara Reinard.
Getting revenge on her husband for his indiscretions becomes Cece’s newest obsession, but when another jilted housewife joins her cause, thin
Peggy
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**SPOILER FREE**

Amazing! Really that just doesn't even start to describe this book! The suspense will have you on edge... But don't think you know what's coming cause before it's all said and done.... Well, you'll just have to get yourself a copy and find! You'll love this book!

*Received for an honest review*
Peg
Pretty Dolls and Hand Grenades is a brilliantly crafted, unputdownable, complex thriller. I was captivated from the very first page.

Cece Laramie’s life was spinning out of control. Her perfect family was disintegrating. Cece caught her husband, Mitchell, cheating on her; anorexia was stealing her daughter’s life and her loner son was obsessed with weapons and terrorism.

Cece was fighting to keep her OCD from taking over her life. She didn’t want to become like her impossible, crazy mother. But,
Angel M.
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I picked up a copy of this book at a bookfest because the title caught my eye and made me giggle. There is a nice flow to the writing style that isn't bogged down with over-descriptive text. The ending was predictable but did not take away from my enjoyment. The story is well written and the memorable characters had distinct personalities. Revenge can be dangerously fun.
Alison
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The title of this book intrigued me but other than that I had no idea what it was going to be like.

CeCe is your typical rich mum living off her husband Mitchell’s salary, lives in a grand house has two teenagers and spends her days shopping, ferrying the kids to school and their social clubs, coffee with the girls and collecting dolls.

So how can this fill a whole book you say! On the surface it all appears perfect but dig a little deeper and it becomes apparent that it is a dysfunctional famil
Michele
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that starts out slow and picks up momentum as you go--and once it takes off--WOW. Cecelia has the perfect life--a beautiful home, a husband who makes a lot of money and two children. Okay, so the kids have their problems--major ones but nothing we all do not see. The daughter is anorexic because she wants to be a model and the son--well he is the proverbial teenager hiding behind his video games. She also has lots of friends just like her. Of course Cecelia does have o ...more
Rebecca
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-tour
The title is intriguing but totally didn’t give away the content of the book whatsoever. I knew from the synopsis that Cece would be looking to get revenge on her husband Mitchell for his indiscretions but this book blew me away. Cece is your typical well to do wife – having been with Mitchell since they were very young and struggling to survive, she has quickly become accustomed to their affluent lifestyle and strives for the best. Wearing the same dress as another of her friends is a cause for ...more
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2016
I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.

Oh my god! What a book! I read this in a day as I just could not stop, I had to know what was going to happen. I don't know where to start as I don't want to give to much away.

CeCe has everything - money, a beautiful home, a hard-working husband and friends aplenty and a very expensive hobby - she collects Dolls. Then in a blink it all comes crashing down around her when she discovers her
Vanessa Kings
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Pretty Dolls and Hand Grenades" is one of the catchiest titles that I've read in a long time and immediately made me curious to know what this book was about. And what I found as I started reading, really got me hooked from the beginning.

In it, we get a first person view of Cece Laramie, who is obsessed with dollhouses and dolls, and lives in New Jersey with a seemingly perfect husband. That is, until she discovers that he has been up to some mischief. Having bouts of OCD, her obsession shifts
Leila
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh me, oh my. This story is genius!

I will admit that when I first started, I was a little concerned. It was a little slow and I despised the characters.

Cece was a rich b-word who felt that everything and everyone deserved to cater to her. She was a “stay at home mom” who was really missing out on the ‘mom’ part of the job.

Mitchell was just a down right jerk who became an even bigger jerk. I guess you could say I’m a little evil inside because even at the end, he was still a jerk who got what he
Nicki Conroy
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
At first glance – meaning the title and the cover, I was not really sure what this book would hold. I do like a good surprise so I decided I would pick it up and read through it to figure it out.

I was unsure where CeCe was going after the opening of the book. Yes, her husband was a jerk. Did she really want to leave him or did she want to try again? Then, once he was living with his girlfriend and assistant, who was this odd woman she was meeting and discussing revenge with?

It took really concen
Julie Baswell
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cece lived the life of a high class socialite. With two kids, a well-to-do husband, and a dream home, from afar she had the perfect life. But in truth, she had inherited the OCD gene from her obsessed mother, and she drove her family crazy. When she discovers that her husband is having an affair, she feels she has lost control of her life, and begins a downward spiral of obsession fueled by revenge.

On one hand, I felt sorry for Cece. On the other hand, I felt she was too self-centered for me to
Sonya Neal
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book starts as a pretty typical book, and quickly becomes a truly outrageous story. Cece lives an overly orderly life, which works perfectly with her OCD. She keeps her family and her house neat and tidy and spends the money her husband earns. Until one day when she suspects that her husband is cheating on her.

As her life crumbles apart and she loses her friends and her social status, Cece meets up with another jilted woman and all heck breaks loose! The women break all sorts of laws in an
Carolyn Menke
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This domestic thriller debut by Cara Reinard caught my attention from the get-go. CeCe Laramie, a pampered doll collector, who’s set aside her own aspirations to pour her all into her family and kids, finds out her husband has a secret. What she does next will suck you into a web of deceit, cheating, and revenge that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I could not put the book down.

Fans of GONE GIRL will love DOLLS! The main character has her flaws like every authentic protagonist does (in
Stephanie M
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cecelia Laramie is married to Mitchell. a prominent real estate agent.
With 2 children and a case of OCD, CeCe's role as loved wife became challenged when she learned of her husband's infidelity the night she goes out with the aim of completing her doll collection.

In between bouts of medical and family issues and her OCD flare ups, CeCe is planning to get even for what her husband is doing to her and continuing to play the doting wife and mother.

Teaming up with a fellow shunned wife, Cece needs
Lori Jones
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you liked Gone Girl, or enjoy domestic suspense, you'll love Pretty Dolls! With page turning fever, I whipped through this book, enjoying everything about it. Cece is a bit eccentric, yet every woman can relate to her heartbreak and her need to seek revenge. These characters are very well developed and the plot intense! You'll even find yourself laughing at times too, but I guarantee you won't want to take a break from it. Next up, I'm off to read the sequel !! Reinard is an amazingly talente ...more
Dana Faletti
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. When Cece Laramie, spoiled suburban housewife, discovers that her husband is cheating on her, she decided to do whatever it takes to get him back, even if it means she has to cross a few lines and break the law. The twists and turns in the plot had me so surprised and the end blew me away. I can't wait for the sequel- pre-ordered it already! Congratulations Cara Reinard on an amazing book!
Jessica
I don't believe I've ever read a book by this author before, but this one was fabulous. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I wasn't sure what was going to happen. Cece isn't a criminal, she's a housewife, but with her actions in this book, you certainly can't tell that. I think that had she not joined forces with another housewife, she wouldn't have been acting the way she did, but she DID join forces, and she was committing crimes all over town.

Great read, I thought!
N.J. Hammer
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beware vengeance delivered by a crazy woman. Excellent story with a well developed theme and interesting characters. If you like a little mayhem mixed with madness, this is a great read. Highly recommend.
Megan
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't want to say too much and give any of the plot away. I will say that this was a super fun read!
Kirstan Tervo
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was a fast paced quick read. I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read more by this author!
Sherry Gadley