Start by marking “Dark Paradise (Dark, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Paradise (Dark, #1)

Dark Paradise

(Dark #1)

A Political Romantic Suspense

He's younger than the others. His
Published December 7th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Dark Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Paradise

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★! Dark Paradise (stand-alone). A high profile client books sexual concierge for 3 months, but must protect his family name against scandal!

“He makes me come alive. He makes me forget I’m just a high-class whore who fucks men for money.”

Dark Paradise (stand-alone) opens up to sexual concierge Camille Buchanan meeting her latest client. Ordered to blindfold herself she is introduced to “John”, an the enigmatic stranger who seduces and masters her sexually, but only gives her bits and pie
Ashleyjo
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bland
The plot is essentially a political version of "Pretty Woman." The blurb does an excellent job summarizing what the subject matter is in the book.

Enjoyability

It's okay. There's nothing monumental, swoony, hawt, or otherwise brag-worthy here, but there's also not really anything absolutely horrible to say, either. It's all just ~Meh~

Plot

Suspense?

There are a few suspense elements, but readers of average intelligence won't have any big surprises. It's all pretty obvious, and the few elemen
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
4.5 DC stars from me

This was the first time I've read anything by Winter Renshaw and I am so glad I took the plunge with this one.

I just thought this was going to be a sexy read were a politian falls for a call girl. Nothing new. Ha! It kinda blew my socks off because it was so much more than that.

Camille didn't use her position to get herself ahead with blackmail as you typically find in these cases. She was smart ,honest and a lot more likeable than I expected.

Ronan was a commanding man in t
Brooke Cumberland
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a huge surprise!! The cover & blurb were intriguing enough to give it a try. It was my first book by Winter and know I'll be checking out more of her work.

Dark Paradise was well-written with suspense, steam, and kept me glued to the pages until I got to the very end.
I will say... I want more. MORE. I liked how the book started and ended, I just really loved these characters. The storyline itself was intriguing and original and it was just overall a great read. I don't have muc
TORI
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: disappointed
3.25 "Wasted Potential" Stars

Author's Note

"If you're looking for a true-to-life political thriller, this isn't it. If you want a forbidden political romance with twists, turns, suspense, and a generous amount of steamy love scenes, then this is your book. As my heroine says, "The fantasy is always better than the reality."

This is the authors note at the end of the blurb. Even though I read this note I decided to give the book a try anyway. I love a good political romance every blue moon. Yet wh
Radd Reader
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Tracy DeNeal
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ronan and Camille

Political intrigue in the dark world of high class prostitution... how do you mine an HEA out of that stew?

Apparently, quite easily and with a manipulative witch of a mother thrown into the mix! I was all in for it.
Danielle
I have loved Winter’s books since I read the first one and she never disappoints. Dark Paradise tells the story of Camille Buchanan. She is an elite escort to some of the most powerful men in DC. She gets an offer she cannot refuse, to be exclusive to someone named “John” for three months. Only thing is she can never see his face. She knows he is different than her usual clients but she is yet to realize how different he is.

“John” is part of a DC dynasty. He wanted Camille ever since he first l
Coco.V
Oct 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/12/2018)! 💝

Blurb:

He's younger than the others. His touch is softer. His lips sweeter. His need fiercer. He has only one requirement...

A blindfold to protect his
Ruth
This was good. But it had the potential to be so much better. This had great elements to it, mystery, sex and a politician hiring an escort for 3 months. I mean, come on, that sounds good! However the ending felt very rushed. I think the author should have dove more into the secrets. There was a pretty big reveal towards the end, and then it just wrapped up very quickly.

All in all a decent read that could have been great.
Joëlle
Dec 16, 2015 marked it as to-read
On SALE on Amazon US at the moment (Dec 16 2015)
Sounds good!!
Peggy
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reads-2015
Complimentary copy provided by author for an honest review.
Again an amazing story of Winter Renshaw I love to read her stories, you get everything in this one, suspense, political secrets and lots of love. But can Camille and Ronan survive their love or will the first lady destroy everything.

I'm sure this is not only fiction and these things happen in the political world but we have to keep in mind that all these politicians are only just people and they also can make mistakes.
Kim
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Woman goes to DC

I loved this.

It had twist, turns, and mystery.

Camille takes on last job. She wants to get out of the life, and "John" makes an offer she can' t refuse.

The only catch is that she can't see his face. It's for her own protection.

"John" wants out of his life. They use each other as an escape, and its sexy.

Good stuff

Jordan Bates
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dark Paradise by Winter Renshaw
Purchased: Kindle - $.99 [Sale for a limited time!]
My Rating: 5 of 5 Stars

Spoilers!

What’s It All About:
“There’s a name for girls like me: Sugar Baby. I’m used to being passed around the sexually depraved, middle-aged senators of Washington D.C. like candy, but when I meet him - the mysterious man who buys my exclusivity for three months for price that should frighten me more than his demands - everything changes.

He's younger than the others. His touch is softer.
Morgan Terry
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winter-renshaw
Winter Renshaw is a chameleon in the writing world. After reading Dark Paradise, I'm convinced she can write ANYTHING! Those who have read Winter's books before are in for a surprise with the 180 her writing has done! Definitely darker than your usual Winter, it's not without its light moments. And the romance side? Sizzling with a side of scorching!

Camille Buchanan describes herself perfectly I one of the first lines of the story.

"I look like Jackie. I love like Marilyn."

Camille is beauty and
Tahsin
2 "Fallen Short" stars

I had really high expectations for this book, because I haven't come across very many politically inclined books. The blurb was interesting enough, but the actual content of the book was underwhelming. I had quite a few issues with the protagonist to fully enjoy the story.

- Who, with a degree from Georgetown decides to become an escort? There is no mention in the story as to why she needs to become a sugar baby. To pursue a career in acting in Hollywood? Did the good old fa
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review: Dark Paradise
Written By: Winter Renshaw

I love everything Winter Renshaw has ever written. So here goes my honest review. Like I said I love everything she writes and this book was no exception. This book is about Camille and Ronan. Camille is a high priced call girl and Ronan is the son of the President, who his mother thinks he will continue the family business. I mean what Is not to love, he pays her a lot of money to come to him for sex (and it is some HOT sex) and he wants her blindf
B.E.L.L.A.Mc
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Freaking loved this delicious and sexy thriller; could not put it down. Loved the characters, all 3D and jumping off the page. What a beautiful poignant and gorgeous love story. Miss Renshaw had me guessing to the end; never knowing which way it was going to go. There were layers of intrigue and dastardly behaviour; the pace was relentless. There was also deep tenderness and love. This has to be a favourite book, so very endearing that I feel full of emotion at its ending. What a wonderful movie ...more
Kelly Brock
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG! WHAT DID I JUST READ

This was a super hot sexy suspense with so many twists and turns. Camille is a high priced prostitute servicing the powerful politicians of Washington D.C. She begins an arrangement with a mystery man only known as "John". She meets John in dark hotel rooms while blindfolded so she never knows his identity. The suspense of trying to figure out who this hot sexy man is couldn't be more intense and when his identity is finally revealed...OMG!!!

This is one I can't give away
Kayla
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected Delight

I really didn’t imagine that I’d fall head over heels for this book as much as I did. I worried about the connection to politics. But I had zero reason to worry. This novel kept me glued to the pages from start to finish. I didn’t want to stop reading but, alas, I had to in order to work. I adored the characters, the plot, the tiny glimpse into what a life in the political spotlight may be like. The dirty naughtiness that that is plaguing DC these days comes to life but in a le
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story!!

This author has written a truly beautiful and intrigued story which had me hooked and intrigued throughout. I look forward to reading more of her work in the future. Brilliant work Winter!
Ana Oh
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I was not expecting to like this book at all. The naughty parts are off the charts. Today is Thanksgiving, and I sort of put cooking on hold to read it. I hope my turkey breasts aren't dry by the time I get the mashed potatoes done.
Billy J Stratton
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.

This book will pull you in and keep you on the edge. It's a great story. I don't want to give anything away but you need to read this book and follow the journey. This is a love story. One click immediately.
D.D. Prince
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first Winter Renshaw read.
Not a dark romance and not super dirty but an enjoyable read with a likeable h and a hot H that kept me glued from start to finish.
Definitely going to check out more by this author.
Paula (Poll) Conway
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book , felt the end was a bit rushed , could have developed into so much more
Jennifer Finn
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Montgomery Brothers series by Winter Renshaw. Camille is 24 years old, a theater major who graduated from Georgetown University with a MENSA IQ. Her dream is to become a famous actress, she wants nothing more than to be unforgettable. Her and her roommate, Araminta came up with a plan while they were still in college. They would be very high priced prostitutes for the elite in Washington DC for five years. After they made plenty of money they would move to Los Angel ...more
Jenn_COBB - Collector of Book Boyfriends
purchased_review

The book revolves about a girl who lives her life as an escort to the powerful men and one day she meets the secretive and seductive man who seems to meet all her needs but she can never see who he is because he always puts a blindfold on her when they are together.

Both of them start to feel more than just lust for each other and neither one if prepared for the storm that is coming their way.

This was a pretty quick and satisfying read I must say and the potential for more was everywhere and I
Sonal
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Camille is a high end escort for the well to do and influential men. When her new mysterious client buys her services for the next 3 months, she doesn't even realize what she's getting into. She's blindfolded to protect his identity and to protect her from the danger she'd face if their affair leaked to the world.

Ronan Montgomery has lived a very controlled life, controlled by his political parents. Being an active Presidents's son has not been easy for Ronan. Camille's and Ronan's 3 months affa
Debbie
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I actually read Dark Promises first and decided I needed to go back and read Dark Paradise to get Ronan and Camille’s story.

Ronan is completely obsessed with Camille, but being the President’s son comes with complications. He’s not in a position where he can trust women, so he buys Camille for three months. Camille is an expensive escort in the Washington area. She is blindfolded for their times together and has no idea who Ronan is. The more time they spend together, the closer they get. It’s
Helen
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
The description of this book almost turned me off; but true to her form, Winter Renshaw has hit another winner. This is a more realistic Pretty Woman meets Heidi Fleiss story with twists and turns. I didn't think I would like Camille. Her profession as a high class prostitute suggested this was going to be just another stab to replicate 50 Shades steam. But it is not. The prologue tells you that Camille is about to launch her tell-all memoirs. I read this in one day and couldn't put it down. If ...more
  • Dove
  • Lies & Lullabies
  • The Plan (The Shamed Billionaire, #1)
  • Filthy 4 (Filthy, #4)
  • Valentine's Surprise (Pacific Northwest Bears, #6.5)
  • Phoenix Running
  • The Hooker (Swanson Court, #1.5)
  • One Perfect Love (Wild Rush, #2)
  • Altered State
  • Chosen by the Badman (Russian Bratva #9)
  • Quiet Lies
  • Rock (Vengeful Husbands, #1)
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Elite (Elite Doms of Washington #1)
  • Pleasure Extraordinaire 4 (Pursuit, #7)
  • 1st (Love for Sale, #1)
  • Zeke
  • Damaged In-Law

Dark (2 books)
  • Dark Promises
“You don’t know what you have until someone threatens to take it all away. And then you fight like hell for it. That’s exactly what Ronan did. He fought for me. I’ll never know what he saw in me that night at the masquerade ball, but I’ll be forever grateful he never stopped searching.” 1 likes
“I trust you, and I know you trust your contact. For one million dollars and three months of my time, I’ll screw pretty much anyone.” 1 likes