Start by marking “Dark Paradise (Dark, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Paradise (Dark, #1)

Dark Paradise

(Dark #1)

A Political Romantic Suspense

He's younger than the others. His
Published December 7th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Dark Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Paradise

Start your review of Dark Paradise (Dark, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★! Dark Paradise (stand-alone). A high profile client books sexual concierge for 3 months, but must protect his family name against scandal!

“He makes me come alive. He makes me forget I’m just a high-class whore who fucks men for money.”

Dark Paradise (stand-alone) opens up to sexual concierge Camille Buchanan meeting her latest client. Ordered to blindfold herself she is introduced to “John”, an the enigmatic stranger who seduces and masters her sexually, but only give
Ashleyjo
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bland
The plot is essentially a political version of "Pretty Woman." The blurb does an excellent job summarizing what the subject matter is in the book.

Enjoyability

It's okay. There's nothing monumental, swoony, hawt, or otherwise brag-worthy here, but there's also not really anything absolutely horrible to say, either. It's all just ~Meh~

Plot

Suspense?

There are a few suspense elements, but readers of average intelligence won't have any big surprises. It's all pretty obvious, and the few elemen
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
4.5 DC stars from me

This was the first time I've read anything by Winter Renshaw and I am so glad I took the plunge with this one.

I just thought this was going to be a sexy read were a politian falls for a call girl. Nothing new. Ha! It kinda blew my socks off because it was so much more than that.

Camille didn't use her position to get herself ahead with blackmail as you typically find in these cases. She was smart ,honest and a lot more likeable than I expected.

Ronan was a commanding man in t
♛ Garima ♛
This is free on kindle right now.

This happens very rarely - free book, contemporary romance I enjoy.

Full review to come someday but if you are like me -- "less is more" then this might be read for you. I am surprised even after suspecting it to be 'Dark' romance, it is not as dark as I expected, and which I truly appreciate. Now going on to the next one....
Brooke Cumberland
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a huge surprise!! The cover & blurb were intriguing enough to give it a try. It was my first book by Winter and know I'll be checking out more of her work.

Dark Paradise was well-written with suspense, steam, and kept me glued to the pages until I got to the very end.
I will say... I want more. MORE. I liked how the book started and ended, I just really loved these characters. The storyline itself was intriguing and original and it was just overall a great read. I don't have much ti
Radd Reader
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Tracy DeNeal
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ronan and Camille

Political intrigue in the dark world of high class prostitution... how do you mine an HEA out of that stew?

Apparently, quite easily and with a manipulative witch of a mother thrown into the mix! I was all in for it.
Coco.V
Oct 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/12/2018)! 💝

Blurb:

He's younger than the others. His touch is softer. His lips sweeter. His need fiercer. He has only one requirement...

A blindfold to protect his
Ruth
This was good. But it had the potential to be so much better. This had great elements to it, mystery, sex and a politician hiring an escort for 3 months. I mean, come on, that sounds good! However the ending felt very rushed. I think the author should have dove more into the secrets. There was a pretty big reveal towards the end, and then it just wrapped up very quickly.

All in all a decent read that could have been great.
Joëlle
Dec 16, 2015 marked it as to-read
On SALE on Amazon US at the moment (Dec 16 2015)
Sounds good!!
Tahsin
2 "Fallen Short" stars

I had really high expectations for this book, because I haven't come across very many politically inclined books. The blurb was interesting enough, but the actual content of the book was underwhelming. I had quite a few issues with the protagonist to fully enjoy the story.

- Who, with a degree from Georgetown decides to become an escort? There is no mention in the story as to why she needs to become a sugar baby. To pursue a career in acting in Hollywood? Did the good old fa
Danielle
I have loved Winter’s books since I read the first one and she never disappoints. Dark Paradise tells the story of Camille Buchanan. She is an elite escort to some of the most powerful men in DC. She gets an offer she cannot refuse, to be exclusive to someone named “John” for three months. Only thing is she can never see his face. She knows he is different than her usual clients but she is yet to realize how different he is.

“John” is part of a DC dynasty. He wanted Camille ever since he first l
Peggy
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reads-2015
Complimentary copy provided by author for an honest review.
Again an amazing story of Winter Renshaw I love to read her stories, you get everything in this one, suspense, political secrets and lots of love. But can Camille and Ronan survive their love or will the first lady destroy everything.

I'm sure this is not only fiction and these things happen in the political world but we have to keep in mind that all these politicians are only just people and they also can make mistakes.
Amelia
Dark Paradise was a slow burner for me.

At the start, the attraction and connection between Camille and her “mystery man” just seemed as if it was nothing more than physical. And this really annoyed me.

Once the book progressed, it became more emotional and I began to be more interested in the book. It began to be less frustrating to read.

I really liked the synopsis of the book. It’s slightly cliche, but I do enjoy a romance about two lovers from different social classes.

One thing that did annoy
Jenn_COBB - Collector of Book Boyfriends
purchased_review

The book revolves about a girl who lives her life as an escort to the powerful men and one day she meets the secretive and seductive man who seems to meet all her needs but she can never see who he is because he always puts a blindfold on her when they are together.

Both of them start to feel more than just lust for each other and neither one if prepared for the storm that is coming their way.

This was a pretty quick and satisfying read I must say and the potential for more was everywhere and
Kayla
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected Delight

I really didn’t imagine that I’d fall head over heels for this book as much as I did. I worried about the connection to politics. But I had zero reason to worry. This novel kept me glued to the pages from start to finish. I didn’t want to stop reading but, alas, I had to in order to work. I adored the characters, the plot, the tiny glimpse into what a life in the political spotlight may be like. The dirty naughtiness that that is plaguing DC these days comes to life but in a le
Kim
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pretty Woman goes to DC

I loved this.

It had twist, turns, and mystery.

Camille takes on last job. She wants to get out of the life, and "John" makes an offer she can' t refuse.

The only catch is that she can't see his face. It's for her own protection.

"John" wants out of his life. They use each other as an escape, and its sexy.

Good stuff

Billy J Stratton
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.

This book will pull you in and keep you on the edge. It's a great story. I don't want to give anything away but you need to read this book and follow the journey. This is a love story. One click immediately.
D.D. Prince
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first Winter Renshaw read.
Not a dark romance and not super dirty but an enjoyable read with a likeable h and a hot H that kept me glued from start to finish.
Definitely going to check out more by this author.
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story!!

This author has written a truly beautiful and intrigued story which had me hooked and intrigued throughout. I look forward to reading more of her work in the future. Brilliant work Winter!
Ana Oh
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I was not expecting to like this book at all. The naughty parts are off the charts. Today is Thanksgiving, and I sort of put cooking on hold to read it. I hope my turkey breasts aren't dry by the time I get the mashed potatoes done.
Paula (Poll) Conway
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book , felt the end was a bit rushed , could have developed into so much more
Avidez Literaria
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I’ve never wanted romance. I’ve never wanted some larger-than-life love story or that clichéd happily ever after every woman my age would kill for. I just want to be unforgettable.”

Not a prostitute, not a hooker. A luxury escort. And put that luxury, since not everyone can hire the services of Camille Buchanan. And her goal with her customers is only one: to be unforgettable.

John, or rather, Ronan Montgomery is the eldest son of the President of the United States. Responsible for continuing the
Jennifer McGurk Finn
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Montgomery Brothers series by Winter Renshaw. Camille is 24 years old, a theater major who graduated from Georgetown University with a MENSA IQ. Her dream is to become a famous actress, she wants nothing more than to be unforgettable. Her and her roommate, Araminta came up with a plan while they were still in college. They would be very high priced prostitutes for the elite in Washington DC for five years. After they made plenty of money they would move to Los Angel ...more
Sonal
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Camille is a high end escort for the well to do and influential men. When her new mysterious client buys her services for the next 3 months, she doesn't even realize what she's getting into. She's blindfolded to protect his identity and to protect her from the danger she'd face if their affair leaked to the world.

Ronan Montgomery has lived a very controlled life, controlled by his political parents. Being an active Presidents's son has not been easy for Ronan. Camille's and Ronan's 3 months affa
A.M.
3.6 star rating - Very...open-ended. And short.

High stakes, rendezvous, great sex, and political games anyone?.

This was different, to say the least. It was short, very abrupt--from start to finish, in my opinion--and ironically romantic given the circumstances the characters were conveniently placed by the author. The connections between one scene to another involving certain characters seemed like a plot gimmick, but they sufficed.
Overall, I loved the concept, the intimate connection between th
Kiana
Jun 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Fun quick read. Enjoyed the reading experience, but looking back I didn’t love the plot etc.
Jordan Bates
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dark Paradise by Winter Renshaw
Purchased: Kindle - $.99 [Sale for a limited time!]
My Rating: 5 of 5 Stars

Spoilers!

What’s It All About:
“There’s a name for girls like me: Sugar Baby. I’m used to being passed around the sexually depraved, middle-aged senators of Washington D.C. like candy, but when I meet him - the mysterious man who buys my exclusivity for three months for price that should frighten me more than his demands - everything changes.

He's younger than the others. His touch is softer.
Morgan Terry
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winter-renshaw
Winter Renshaw is a chameleon in the writing world. After reading Dark Paradise, I'm convinced she can write ANYTHING! Those who have read Winter's books before are in for a surprise with the 180 her writing has done! Definitely darker than your usual Winter, it's not without its light moments. And the romance side? Sizzling with a side of scorching!

Camille Buchanan describes herself perfectly I one of the first lines of the story.

"I look like Jackie. I love like Marilyn."

Camille is beauty and

• Beyond His Control (His #2)
  • Under His Rule
  • Our Way
  • Crossing the Line
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Billionaire's Unexpected Bride
  • Loner
  • Tease Me: A Dark Billionaire Mafia Romance (Dark Odyssey Book 1)
  • Give Me the Weekend
  • Corrupt Kingdom
  • Best Friend's Sister (Slade Brothers Book 5)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Owning Beauty
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • The Takeover (The Miles High Club #2)
  • Devrim's Court (Court of Paravel, #1)
  • Rich Prick

Dark (2 books)
  • Dark Promises (Dark, #2)

News & Interviews

“You don’t know what you have until someone threatens to take it all away. And then you fight like hell for it. That’s exactly what Ronan did. He fought for me. I’ll never know what he saw in me that night at the masquerade ball, but I’ll be forever grateful he never stopped searching.” 1 likes
“I trust you, and I know you trust your contact. For one million dollars and three months of my time, I’ll screw pretty much anyone.” 1 likes