Start by marking “Wander This World” as Want to Read:
Wander This World

Wander This World

Some people are just attracted to darkness…

Penley thought he had his life figured out. So why does his world turn upside down when Melanie Blue walks back in it?

Melanie’s lived a thousand lives--possibly taken even more. Targeted by serial killer, she’ll find she has more to worry about than resisting own her nature.

When Penley and Melanie’s path collide, they’ll find that
ebook
Published April 26th 2016 by Rebellious Valkyrie Press

To ask other readers questions about Wander This World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wander This World

Gisele Walko
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was steamy sexy and sweet, There was a black vampire with red hair, a sexy tatted up Asian, and a serial killer. What else could I possibly want? The characters were realistic. This was the perfect blend of romance and supernatural elements. I loved the ending! I loved Penley and Melanie! Great supernatural IR romance. Great writing.
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
As a Criminal Minds fanatic, I hereby declare Wander This World as one of my ultimate kink books. Everything about it makes me delirious. It contains most of the qualities I crave.

It’s a dual POV book, the female protagonist is Afro-Latinx while the male protagonist is Filipino. Bonus: neither of them are straight. There’s enough romance and cuteness that lit my core. I really love that Melanie is an unapologetic spitfire girl. This is the kind of New Adult book we all need.

Verdict: This won’t
Jamilla_
Love and blood

Oh gosh, where to start?

-Likes

-The cover! Look at that glorious red curly mane, and those tats!
-The quotes at the start of each chapter.
-The formatting of the book, it had a real professional look.
-The diversity! Hello, a Filipino hero? Yaas!
-The blood sucker mythos was different! I wanted to find out more about that, and I was intrigued by the female MC's past.
-I really enjoyed reading about these characters, they were lively things.
-The side story with the serial killer? Random
Rosie J.
I have no words ... yet! Review to follow soon ... now, I have to go gather my thoughts. Just know, I love it when people truly get what they deserve. In the meantime, sink your teeth into this book NOW. This sister writing duo are awesome! You should read all their books ... you will not regret it.

That is all ... for now.
Gianna
Originally posted here on my blog. (May contain spoilers)

Like many of the New Adult narratives by G.L. Tomas, Wander This World offers unique and fresh character perspectives that go against expectations of the genre in the best way. For instance, an unconventional vampire, a creepy and (almost) darker character other than said vampire—that’s learned to curb her blood lust with mint chocolate—and Doctor Who.

I mean, need I say more?

Well, since you insist, I loved how this book had this dark and o
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
First things first. Yes, I received a copy of this book from the authors just because they know my tastes in reading. Be that as it may, a free copy doesn't equal a glowing review, something this dynamic twin sister writing duo has always appreciated.

Thankfully, this New Adult vampire tale is for us vampire snobs who've been hungering for something that isn't "that book".

Can I like totally fangirl over the cover? So much epic WIN here! Black woman with natural hair and red??? Sexy Asian tatted
Constance Burris
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a STEAMY Paranormal Romance. I liked theStrong Female lead who could easily be considered a villain depending on who you were talking to. and of course, there was the sexy male lead, unashamed to let his stronger lady take the lead.

Wander This World would have been a strong Five-star read but the paranormal and the romance weren't distributed evenly enough during the first part of the novel. It needed just a little more tension towards the first act, but I'm more of a paranormal reader
Vivienne Neal
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Supernatural Thriller

‘Wander This World’ is a gripping, page-turning romance/love story with a twist of mystery, suspense and murder. The backdrop is a university in Minnesota, where Melanie Blue and Penley Green attend and are brought together to work on a class project but can’t decide which subject matter to tackle. But as Penley’s attraction toward the eccentric Melanie and her lure to Penley become more intense, specifics about the two characters will slowly be revealed, delving into gend
Michaela
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
To be honest I was not quite as thrilled with this as I would have liked to have been. Some things in this story didn't quite mesh for me. And the beginning was a bit tedious. I'm still not sure what to think of it beyond understanding the simple plotline.
Loes M.
Aug 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
If I could give less than one star, I would. I really did not like this book. Where to start?

The writing style is ridiculous. It sounds like it was written by a 16-year-old. Some examples:

"He was light skinned, but clearly black, with serious style, not much different than my own. We shared dap out of mutual respect..." Serious style? Sharing "dap"? Nobody over 18 talks like that! I had to look up what dap means, just say fist-bump already!

"He gave off the hippie vibe, and smelled like weed, so
Imani
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I first off want to say thank you Netgalley for giving me Wander This World to review.

I chose Wander This World because of the cover, there is a different cover on Netgalley but this one is great too.

Wander This World is about Penley a Fillipino freshman in college.

In Sociology class doing a project, he meets Melanie Blue for the second time. The first being in high school when he was a freshman and she was a senior, and they haven't spoken at all before meeting in college again.

And in
Mk
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the writing, the romance and the characters. I think it was missing a quarter of the book though. I wished the authors had given us more of the vampires back story instead of putting time on a serial killer that was as developed as a disney bad guy. There was a lot of focus put on their relationship, I loved that. But I wanted more focus on the implications of an immortal falling for a mortal. And also the characters personalities, backstory could have driven the story enough without tak ...more
Angie Dokos
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book was good, but the cover/blurb is a little misleading in my opinion. I like the characters, like the plot, like the ending. But for some reason it just felt incomplete for me. I wanted more backstory, more detail about how certain things happened, etc. I thought it was a good story, but not one of my favorites. I would; however, read more stories from this author.
Rogelio Abelard
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Got one of those first copies. They crazy, but I already know how they do. If you like different vampire mythos, here you go.
velvetgypsy
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5***
Don
Jun 12, 2016 marked it as to-read
*Arc received from NetGalley*
Marbea E. Logan
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Although I'm glad the other antagonist of the story played a major part in the story, I wanted more from Melanie's character being she's immortal and a predator. I liked that the author didn't make this all cartoonist fictional in the dramatics of "what" Melanie is. Penley is what made me stick to reading the story all the way through. He brought interest and believability to the story. I thought there was going to be a more thorough conclusion. But yet the story had interesting aspects at times ...more
Saraih Korber
Woah.

I picked up this book because I wanted something a little darker to read. Now this book wasn't that dark but it was good. I love Melanie and Penley's relationship, they we're just too good.

Now I was upset that we got teased with this stalker but we didn't go deeper into it than I would have liked. It was hyped up so much! But that didn't ruin the book for me.
Chasia Lloyd
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
G.L. Tomas never lets me down, ok.

- Black "vampire" (she doesn't really use that term for herself) heroine
- Hapa hero
- Both are queer with varying levels of attraction for other genders
- Hella hot romance (with some bloodplay. kind of)
- Serial killer drama
- Threads of Doctor Who geekery

Super entertaining read.
Ria
Cathiee
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book got real weird towards the end, overall it was just meh.
Annabella
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Annabella by: Sue (Hollywood News Source)
4.5
I loved this book. Vampire gore+ DW references+Latinx and Philipino undertones= me, intrigued. It's different, it's fun, it doesn't have a genre-determined route. And, as weird as that may sound, Mel is relatable as hell. Ps: now I seriously wanna try Venezuelan cooking, though.
Shantal Oliver
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I can honestly say that I am really impressed with this book, from the cover art to the protagonist, to the kink between Penley and Melanie.
The plot is written in dual POV between Melanie our female protag and Penley our male protag. Melanie is an Afro-Latin mixed “teenage” who also happens to be a vampire, but she’s been attending university like a normal kid, where she encounter Penley who is Filipino, who’s crushed hard on Melanie since high school and now is dreams are about to come true w
Corrine Pickering
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

### 3.75 Hashtags ###

This was certainly one very different read.

Whilst I did enjoy this book, I felt it was quite slow getting started and the mix was very unusual for this genre.

We have the seriously hot and handsome Penley (yum)! and then there's Melanie, well I'm not sure, even throughout the book, that I fully understand what Melanie is or where she came from - apart from the fact that she's immortal and has cravings similar to a vampire. Together Penley and Melanie's chemistry, friendshi
jericho
Even though I had no trouble in finishing this, it just didn't really do it for me. I'd still recommend it to certain folk because of it's representation--this is the first book I believe I've read that had a non-binary character and as a protagonist at that. I struggled with knowing the timeline in the book. There would times where the narration gave the impression that weeks had gone by only to follow-up with a line that stated it had only been one week.

I wasn't impressed with the ending. I fe
2OCC Reviews
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stefanie
This is a stunning modern take on the age old story of vampires that will change you point of view on the creatures. The setting is your typical Midwest university that affords the evil doer an anonymous cover to perpetrate his awful deeds. This is also a game of cat and mouse, the deviant watches from a far, making your heart race wondering just how far this man is willing to go and why.

Melanie is spunky and not your typical college student. Meanwhile Penley is such a freshmen that he gets caug
Louise Johnson
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Melanie an immortal being has been wandering this world for years unable to let anybody close enough to learn about her dark side. When she meets Penley and forms a friendship with him. Things go a little wrong and he learns what she really is. She opens up to him and he excepts her and loves her for who she is. But Melanie has an evil stalker who wants he to yield to him. So when Melanie and Penley come face to face with her stalker will there love survive what she has to do to keep them both a ...more
G
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting...

I liked the storyline and characters. I wanted to know more about the villain. What were his motivations and why he truly targeted Mel besides her hair color. I wish we knew more about Mel, her past lives and why she ticks.

The reason why I this book got a 4 out of 5 is due to the characters being well developed, being well paced, the story of vampires being unique, and the plethora of Doctor Who references. I just felt like it was missing something. The book needed more back
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. I paced myself because I didn't want it to end but I was dying to get to the end. It contains hotness, romance, vampires and suspense all my favorite things. I recommend it to any of you looking for a hot romantic paranormal suspense.
  • Eternally I Do
  • Armored (The Té-trad Tale, #1)
  • Fading Amber (The Cambion Chronicles, #3)
  • A Man for Michael
  • Ms. Marvel (2014-2015) #13
  • Somatesthesia
  • Snatched
  • Lying with Scorpions (Memory of Scorpions Book 2)
  • Natural Beauty
  • One of the Guys (Love Unexpected #5)
  • Committed To You (Coventon Campus #2)
  • Crusader's Torch (Atta Olivia Clemens, #2)
  • Sage Carrington, Eighth-Grade Science Sleuth
  • Wallflower (Rear Entrance Video, #2)
  • Disciple of the Wind (Fated Blades, #3)
  • Open Heart (Farsighted, #2)
  • On the Edge of Love (Mama's Brood, #1)
  • Princeless #1
G.L. Tomas is a USA Today bestselling twin writing duo and lover of all things blerdy, fearless and fun. When they're not spending their time crafting swoon-worthy heroes, they're battling alien forces in other worlds but occasionally take days off in search mom and pop spots that make amazing pasteles and tostones fried to perfection.

They specialize in New Adult, Young Adult, Romance, and Fantasy
“He pulled his mouth from mine, and it confused me. Hell, looking into his eyes now baffled me. “Greene, you’re gonna make me ruin you.” “So ruin me.” 2 likes
“I wanted a partner; I wanted it to be sweet. But sometimes the need couldn’t wait. Sometimes the need made me a monster.  ” 1 likes