Start by marking “Angel's Kiss (Angel Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angel's Kiss (Angel Series, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Angel's Kiss

(Angel Series #1)

Not mortal, not vampire ... what is she?

Helena wants to die, but when a vampire tries to take her life she instinctively unleashes a mysterious, deadly power she never knew she had.

When Danizriel — an angel — arrives on the scene, he's puzzled to find Helena alive and the vampire dead. Intrigued, he shelters her and together they discover that she has become something n
Published November 28th 2015 by Kylani Press

To ask other readers questions about Angel's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel's Kiss

Start your review of Angel's Kiss (Angel Series, #1)
Alyssa Janine Busia
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance lovers
Melanie Tomlin had just successfully made a very creative and entertaining story full of surprising scenes that will make you love this book.

As always! I’m a craver for vampire stories. That’s what I came upon seeing the cover. I just didn’t expect it to be so different from the other vampire books, and all I could say is that the author just made me love her.

“In my opinion humans are the only monsters on this planet. As for demons… I think we all have our own personal demons, but that’s it.” –
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.5 Stars *****

I loved the world the author created. Vampires and werewolves born into the world when Satan fell from heaven. Angels with different views on life. And earth bound angels waiting for the apocalypse. Everything was creative and interesting. Unfortunately, I felt like the characters needed to be more developed. I also found Helena's rants and commentary on what was going on a bit annoying.

I thought the story would be more steamy. Helena and Danny form a physical relationship,
Debra Johnson
Angel's Kiss by Melanie Tomlin
Genres: Paranormal
1 Star

Sections ridiculously long and drawn out, making reading it laborious.

The action makes you want to roll your eyes.

The redundancy bored me to near comatose.

It had a decent start then died a painful death.

I tried numerous times to get back into it, just in case it was my mood and not the book.
Finally realized it's the way the story is written that is the problem.

The action is mostly the heroine running around talking about how she is chan
Bibliophile Angel
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Tomlin, or Queen M—as I call her—created a very entertaining and intriguing story that will make you want to live in her books. For all I know, she could be the next Anne Rice, and this book will be the next big thing in theaters.

Angels and Vampires have a special place in my heart. This book has been recommended to me, and upon seeing the cover, I was intrigued, confused even. Why is it entitled Angel’s Kiss when the cover shows a bloody lip? I mean, it shows on the cover that it was a
Tina
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a really good story. Helena lived a rough life until the night she got bit by a vampire and not only lived, but killed the vampire. When Danny was trying to come to Helena's rescue, he planned on killing the vampire (as he is a demon. vamp, were killer), but found Helena instead. He needs to make sure she isn't evil. If she is, he'll need to kill her.
But Helena is not evil. She's a sweetheart with a pure heart. She finds out that in order to survive, she has to kill vampires. When she and D
Camille
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read

I loved this book about monsters and angels and demons. There is some biblical references in the novel and lots of fighting
Chris
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very different vampire story

My first thought was that this was going to just another novel about vampires. It was quite different and thoroughly enjoyable.
Tra-c
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different twist on fallen angels.
Goran
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Well it's hard to review a book with title like this...although there was a lot of romance and feelings and little passion, to disappoint those who are looking for a passion book....
She was a very unfortunate person who struggled all her life and always innocent but blaming herself many times because of the situations and people she encountered. When she finally thought her life was about to end it just begun...because of the unusual and rare situation, you might say, rare in all creation...onl
Janet
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did not know what to expect when I picked up this book but it had me captivated from the beginning. The author has created a unique character in Helena, a woman whose past shapes her present completely. She has no sense of self-worth and no understanding of what she has become. The story introduces her to a whole new world of angels and vampires and werewolves but Helena herself is something completely new with unknown abilities and I found it fascinating. The book ends on a good note and leav ...more
Shannon Risdon
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard to put down

When it started thought this would be one of those vampire partnered with an angel stories....nope!! Main character has had a hell of a life and decided that she is ready for it to end on her terms...but it doesn't go according to plan. Vampire kills her but she's not dead and he is, then the adventure begins! Well written, good paced book...enough details to picture what's happening without being drowned and a lot of action....with a hint of romance thrown in. Great opening to w
Sherry Tarr
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Melanie Tomlin's take on angels and other paranormal creatures. I love paranormal books and this one is so refreshing. She draws you in with her twist on how we think of paranormal creatures and the action is nonstop. I couldn't put the book down and fell in love with Helena and Danizriel. I can't wait to see where their story takes them in the next book!
Carrie Phillips
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hands down Melanie’s angel series is in my top five series EVER! The characters have real life faults ,the paranormal actually has normal moments and the entire series draws you in and hangs on! Trust me thousands of books read and I still remember vividly each book starting with Angel kiss how many books can you say that about? Angels,Vamps and oh so much yummy fun!
Belinda Tran
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot going on...

Angel's Kiss is full of action, and feels like you are constantly on the go. There is enough quiet moments to gather your thoughts, then its off to the next vampire hunt, or training to further Helena's skills, or testing herself to test her limits. Like I said, a lot going on, but very engaging. Glad I read it.
Myla Aguilar
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different and Interesting

A different type of story about Angel's. Demons and other types of immortals. Full of action and adventure with some inspiring characters and some that are not quite what they seem. A good read from beginning to ending and looking forward to book 2 in this series.
Harry Delong
Good idea, not good implementation

Idea is novel. Sorry starts well and appears to be heading in an novel direction for this genera. Unfortunately it takes a wrong turn and strays. For me. That killed it.
Linda
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was simply brain candy. I loved Danny but seriously wanted to bitch slap her a few times for all her whining.
All in all a good story but needs more development. I hope books 2 & 3 are stronger but won't bother reading unless they come up free to read.
C
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She is deter to live with him

Liked it and was annoyed by her constant fumbles. I'm dying to know what happens with them both. Will they make it out and continue to both exists in Earth? I guess I must read the next one.
Keith Bornmann
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty interesting story

I enjoyed the plot. The concept was fascinating, a normal average girl becoming something fantastic like she did. I would have preferred less sexual content and was personally bothered by the comments about the Bible having errors in it.
Sharon Fuhrman
Angel Kiss

Different for sure. It starts very, very slowly. I was beginning to wonder how many times we could go through that same scenario. It picked up more than half way through and ended reasonably well. It might be a good Sunday afternoon read. I won't recommend it.
Jennifer Holzapfel
I really enjoyed this first in series book. The only thing I wish was that there was a prologue, as the book started in mid action. It contains angels, earth bound angels, vampires, werewolves, and other supernatural creatures. I plan to add the next book to my ear growing TBR pile.
Hector Santiago
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great new story on angels and vampires loved this book get it and enjoy
Glenn
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Epic story in a world I can't wait to read more about. Really great ideas and enthralling plot.
MJ
Dec 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: z2017
3.5

Not too bad, it was a little bit of a struggle to start, but once it got rolling, it was good. I might have a look at this series.
Jeff Chase
I wanted to like this book. I really did. Just didn’t grab my interest.
Nicole Henderson
What a great different take on Angels and Demons. I can’t wait to see what happens to Helena and Danny. Let’s hope that all gets resolved with the Angels.
Stacie Sue
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't stop reading!

This was a unique read. Brought to mind things I had once wondered. Very entertaining, well written, very much enjoyed!!
Pat Croft
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Earth angel

Took some time to get into story but then kept hold of your imagination enough to want much more. Looking forward to next one
Rebecca
Ok book

Kinda slow images places but not a bad story. Just had a hard time getting into it but might just be me at the time. I do plan to read the next book in the series.
Natalie
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the mystical look at the world through Angel eyes and the compassion that their behaviors generate a loving and yet hot and sexy celestial love ... a good read!
Support for Indie...: Cover and blurb: Angel's Kiss (Urban Fantasy) 19 39 Nov 28, 2015 03:12PM

• Blood Vice (Blood Vice, #1)
  • Gathering Water (Gathering Water, #1)
  • Soul Breaker (City of Crows, #1)
  • Witch's Bell 1 (Witch's Bell #1)
  • Bear-ly Pregnant (Bear-ly, #4)
  • Alpha Turned (Wolf Appeal, #1)
  • Beautiful Demons: Shadow Demons Saga 1-3 (The Shadow Demons Saga #1-3)
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper Trilogy (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1-3)
  • Where Sleeping Dragons Lie (Dragon Shifters of Elysia, #1)
  • The Change (Unbounded, #1)
  • Cobweb Bride (Cobweb Bride Trilogy, #1)
  • Shiftless (Wolf Rampant, #1)
  • Dark Hunt (Shadow and Light, #1)
  • You Are Mine (Mine, #1)
  • Dragon Pact (Blood Dragon, #1)
  • Fever (Blood Moon Rising, #1)
  • The Mate (Fire's Edge, #0.5)
  • Evolution Series Books 1-2
Melanie Tomlin was born in Beeston, England. At the age of three her family moved to suburban Melbourne, Australia, where she has lived ever since. When she was twelve her parents bought her a typewriter, and she wrote her first novel that very same year. She still has the typewriter, which is somewhat worse for wear, but that first manuscript is now nothing but a distant memory.

Her first publishe

Angel Series (5 books)
  • Angel's Curse (Angel Series, #2)
  • Angel's Messiah (Angel Series, #3)
  • Angel's Body (Angel Series, #4)
  • Angel's Demon (Angel Series, #5)