Start by marking “Chili to Die for (Willow Crier Cozy Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Chili to Die for (Willow Crier Cozy Mystery #1)

Chili to Die for

(Willow Crier Cozy Mysteries #1)

A northerner by birth, Willow moves south when she inherits her grandfather's ice cream shop. From the slow southern dialect to the crazy drivers, Willow finds herself at odds with what most call "southern charm." She becomes obsessed with cook-offs and bake-offs, wanting those trophies for her mantle. With the chili cook-off just around the corner, Willow manages to provo ...more
Published November 18th 2015 by Wide Awake Books

To ask other readers questions about Chili to Die for, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chili to Die for

Gary Sundell
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First in a series. This was novella length. A quick fun cozy to fit in between other books. Three recipes at the end of the story. I will pick up the next books in the series as the book/e-book budget allows.
Nola Arganbright
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Great recipes included

A fun fast moving cozy mystery. Well written and quite a few laughs along the way. A little thick on the southern accents which are not found much in Oklahoma but it is a quirky area just the same. A good read!
Meg
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick, easy read. Needed editing but was doable. Good mystery.
Sindhura Motaparthi
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Short and cute mystery. Character descriptions were kept light and simple. Nice touch adding recipes in the end.
Pam
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
A real cute and fun book, I really liked it
Madam
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Willow Crier has moved to Oklahoma from parts north as a result of inheriting her grandfather’s ice cream shop and is determined to make it – and herself – a go in the tiny town of Turtle. She begins by entering cook-offs, the latest featuring chili, and encounters her first difficulty driving home with her supplies – a fellow motorist, angry that she’s ambling far below the speed limit, throws a road rage fit at Willow’s window, which she and her fellow drivers record. She shrugs it off until s ...more
Merry Chapman
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A lighthearted, fast paced, humorous murder mystery that can be read in one sitting. The book starts out with the main character, Willow talking to herself while she is driving, but then it seems a narrator describes what she is doing in the 3rd person and then a bit into the book, it switches back to first person with Willow and her 24 year old daughter, Embry who seemed to have a bit more street smarts in some areas than her mother. Then there is Police Chief Steve Grice who comes into the Chi ...more
Trisha
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chili to Die for (A Willow Crier Cozy Mystery Book 1)
Lilly York
This is a fun little cozy mystery that is high in entertainment. The characters are well developed and the story-line flows nicely. I love that this book focus’ more on the mystery and not so much the romance. The interactions between Willow and her daughter is everything I hope to have with my girls when they’re grown. It’s sweet and loving. Police chief Grice is so fun, and his relationship with the towns people is entertaining. Hi
Char
Aug 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, mystery-cozy
I know it's a short story but this book was too rushed. Nothing was stated about Willow's past making her virtually unknown and the fact that the Police Chief was ok with her investigating when she had no reason to was baffling. She wasn't even considered a suspect when her daughter said they had to clear her name and solve the crime. I'm marking this as a DNF at a quarter of the way in. I just skipped to the end to see who did it. Won't even waste my time.
Ellen White
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A competition Lily wanted to win, her chili was going to knock them dead. Which it literally did. The same woman Willow posted on Facebook after an incident yesterday, and to find out she was a judge, a dead judge today.
Can’t afford to lose everything, so to solving murder, is a must. It was a quirky, cozy to enjoy, will look for more by the author.
Rebecca
What I liked cute, well paced, quick read, the protagonist didn't put herself into any ridiculous life threatening situations. What I didn't like on more than one occasion we are left to assume what the problem is, or what Willow is talking about.

All in all an enjoyable read.. will definitely pick up the next one.
Jennifer Kellogg
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delicious humor

I very much enjoyed reading Chili to Die For. The characters were very funny and yet still relatable. It was a quick read and I look forward to reading more from this book series. If you like mysteries and humor This is the right series to read.
Kat Taylor
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Peanuts for higher

Wow what a laugh fest, a delightful ,comical ,mystery.I found myself laughing out loud with no one in the house but me. If you need a little laughter in your life this a great picker upper. Kat
Rita
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Sweet Murder Story!

This is an easy reading book. I enjoyed the plot and the characters. the writer has a way with her words that makes it feel like you are solving the mystery too. A great read!
Esther  Smith
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A toned down version of Stephanie Plum but with baked goodies and ice cream. I love the recipes at the end a nice added bonus. Great mystery with a bit of a Southern Charm, definitely enjoyed this gonna keep reading the next one too.
Cheryl Montgomery-Nolan
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I loved it! Willow runs the town sweet shop - but she loves to make chili too. The death of one of the judges inspires Willow to investigate.
Vaughn  Hayden
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very entertaining well written clean story. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Cindy
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read, easy, fun, clean and fast moving. Enjoyed this 1st in series. Recommended.
Krystyna
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
promises more than it delivers

Willow has definite promise that doesn't quite work out. A pleasant read but not enough to want to read the whole series.
Nancy
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

This was light and easy and a great break from the Holocaust read before. It is a typical romance mystery- so not grilling or serious. But fun.
Cheryl Phipps
This was a fun quick read.
Monica M
Jul 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
The writing was not enjoyable. There are too many short sentences in it, so the storytelling doesn't feel flowing.
And i don't feel connection with the characters too
Michelle Palmer
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the characters and the who dun it. Love the little romance with local sheriff and the addition to rescued dogs. Good, quick read with some great morals.
Trish
Likeable if a bit formulaic.
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Cute, but a bit too simple and predictable. Willow has a fun sense of humor, and her daughter's trick in the grocery store was priceless. I must try that chili recipe!
Heather Marvin
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I usually don't read these types of books, but I was looking for something fun and a fast read. It was both and I liked the recipes at the end. It was cute, like watching the Hallmark Channel.
Gay
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! Willow just can't help herself. Of course she gets into trouble. Read on to find out how she gets out. I'm looking forward to the next book.

Jean Hall
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. Kept me guessing till near the end who the guilty party was.
Jane
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A quick and fun read.
Julie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
It took me a while to finish the story. It just seemed a bit rushed and disjointed. Maybe I'll try it again later.

• Scene of the Grind (A Killer Coffee Mystery, #1)
  • Fillet of Murder (Deep Fried Mystery #1)
  • A Murder Moist Foul (A Frosted Love Cozy Mystery #1)
  • The Big Chili (Undercover Dish Mystery #1)
  • Once Upon a Crime (Waterfell Tweed, #1)
  • Pink Balloons and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin, #1)
  • Murder a la Christie (The Golden Age of Mystery Book Club Mysteries 1)
  • Drizzled with Death (Sugar Grove Mystery, #1)
  • The Cemetery Club (Darcy & Flora Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Buried By Buttercups (Peggy Lee Garden Mysteries #5.5)
  • Kale to the Queen (A Kensington Palace Chef Mystery #1)
  • The Church Builder (The Church Builder Series #1)
  • The Prince and I (The Royal Biography Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Pies, Lies and Murder (Darling Deli #22)
  • Blessed of the Gods (Aumelan #1)
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • Tastes Like Murder (Cookies & Chance Mystery, #1)
  • A Death in the Highlands (Euphemia Martins Mystery #2)
Lilly York? How about Lilly Belle; a mis-plant northerner, living in a southern world. Southern charm is lost among late nights with a two year old granddaughter, heat flashes competing with hell, copious re-runs of Murder She Wrote with Jessica Fletcher catching the bad guy, and a vivid imagination keeping insanity at bay.

In both humor and mystery, Lilly draws inspiration from terrible twos, a 2

Willow Crier Cozy Mysteries (5 books)
  • I Scream, You Scream (Willow Crier Cozy Mystery #2)
  • This Little Piggy Wound Up Dead (Willow Crier Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Southern Fried Son of a Gun (Willow Crier Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Bobbin' for One Bad Apple (Willow Crier Cozy Mystery #5)
“How could someone die so quick?” 0 likes