Start by marking “The Bad Guys (The Bad Guys, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bad Guys (The Bad Guys, #1)

The Bad Guys

(The Bad Guys #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  8,569 ratings  ·  1,030 reviews
In this hilarious new illustrated chapter book series, bad guys are doing good deeds . . . whether you want them to or not!

They sound like bad guys, they look like bad guys . . . and they even smell like bad guys. But Mr. Wolf, Mr. Piranha, Mr. Snake, and Mr. Shark are about to change all of that . . .

Mr. Wolf has a daring plan for the Bad Guys' first good mission. They ar
Published January 13th 2017 by Scholastic Press (first published July 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Bad Guys, please sign up.
Sadaf Munir Yes there is a book of The Bad Guys #9 Its called The bad guys in the Big Bad Wolf

·  8,569 ratings  ·  1,030 reviews

Start your review of The Bad Guys (The Bad Guys, #1)
Mischenko
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bad Guys: Episode 1 by Aaron Blabey is a hilarious chapter book for kids! It's super easy to read and makes it great for kids who are easing into chapter books as there aren't a ton of words on each page. It's also loaded with illustrations.

We found the story hilarious. Mr. Wolf and the gang set off to be heroes by performing tasks that prove they are no longer "bad guys." It ends with them attempting to free two hundred pups from the dog pound.

Kids will love the silly comedy, especially M
Montzalee Wittmann
Too funny!

The Bad Guys by Aaron Blabey is a fun book that introduces the reader to bad guys (wolf, snake, piranha, and shark) each with their rap sheet. The wolf is the one that called the meeting and wants them to be Good Guys now. They go out to try to do Good Guy things which is quite funny! Got this from the library.
Furrawn
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely hilarious. Any child with a good attention span will find this book uproariously funny. I laughed out loud myself multiple times.
It’s 1st to 2nd grade reading level but so very funny.

A wolf decided he wants to be a good guy so he enlists a snake, a piranha, and a shark to be part of his “good guys” gang. Hilarity ensues as they try to do things like rescue a cat up a tree, etc.

They each have rap sheets. This is where I laughed out loud. For example, the wolf’s rap sheet for criminal a
Kathryn
THIS. IS. THE. BEST. EARLY. CHAPTER. BOOK. EVER.

Adults: if you want an early read aloud that won’t necessitate you ingesting half a bottle of Grey Goose in order to withstand it: THIS STORY IS FOR YOU.

The Big Bad Wolf from fairy tale fame decides to go good and recruits a group of villains to help him: Mr. Snake (AKA the Chicken Swallower), Mr. Piranha (AKA the Butt Biter) & Mr. Shark (AKA….what else…...JAWS). His team assembled Ole Wolfie dubs them: THE GOOD GUYS CLUB designed to perform heroi
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
My 8-year-old is not a confident reader. It's been a challenge to find something that he will enjoy and fall in love with reading, but we did in The Bad Guys. We picked The Bad Guys for the comic book style, that it doesn't have a ton of words and to help easy our kid into reading chapter books. It's also very funny and hilarious. It's the perfect series to help a young reader out. ...more
Lata
Sheer silliness! And funny as a wolf, piranha, snake and shark attempt to do good works, at the wolf's behest. Then they form a group, the Good Guys, even though they're known as the Bad Guys, and ride off to find new ways to do good.
Cute illustrations to go with some pretty funny moments.
Josiah
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
After his Pig the Pug series made him one of the world's most popular creators of picture books, Aaron Blabey forged an equal reputation in early chapter books with the debut of The Bad Guys. Heroes and villains tend to be neatly sorted into separate groups, but Mr. Wolf isn't content with that. He has a hefty rap sheet and a predatory disposition, but Mr. Wolf wants more than to chase grandmothers around for the rest of his life. He aspires to create an organization of do-gooders with three oth ...more
Emily
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emily by: Abigail
Cute. Wish I could travel back in time to give this to my son when he was seven.
Prabhjot Kaur
Mr. Wolf has had enough being a villain and he wants to be the hero now, the good guy. He gathers some other bad guys and comes up with a plan to save the kitty and rescue dogs so that the bad guys club can be turned into the good guys club.

Mr. Wolf invites Mr. Piranha, Mr. Snake, and Mr. Shark to join in the club and with some reluctance from the others, they eventually go for their first good mission and it turns out to be a success. Now that they have had a taste of being good, would they con
Melki
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wolf, a shark, a snake, and my favorite:

description

Team up to do good deeds like rescuing cats from trees, and dogs from the pound . . . and then the hard part - not eating their rescuees.

Hilarious, and loads of fun.

I can't wait for the next adventure.
Ms. Yingling
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E ARC from Edelweiss Above the Treeline

When a wolf decides that he's tired of always being "the bad guy" he joins forces with a snake, piranha, and shark. They are going to team up and do nice things for a change, like rescuing a kitten stuck in a tree and freeing dogs from a local pound. Oddly, things don't always go the way that they should, even though the shark makes a very convincing woman just by putting on a dress.

The Bad Guys is formatted in a way that will be very helpful for strugglin
La Coccinelle
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay... well, that was... interesting.

I think it was a little younger than I was expecting. Most of the graphic novels I've read so far have been for middle graders, but this one is really aimed at younger kids. You've got some funny characters, some potty humour, and a basic story. What's not to like? I mean, if you're eight years old...

An overly exuberant wolf decides he wants to go straight, and he takes some of his bad-guy friends along for the ride. There's Mr. Snake, who likes to swallow t
SyaSya Syed Nasir
I know its a kids story book. However, I do enjoy all enjoy the funny parts in the story. Thanks to my students for recommend it to me and let me read his story book. 😊
Abigail
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Beginning Chapter-Book Readers
Part beginning chapter-book, part graphic novel/comic book, The Bad Guys is the first of Australian author/artist Aaron Blabey's hilarious series devoted to the (mis)adventures of its eponymous (ahem!) heroes. Narrated by Mr. Wolf, who is tired of being cast as one of the bad guys in stories, it follows the formation of a new group, composed of traditional "baddies" - Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Piranha, Mr. Shark - whose intention (whether they like it or not) is to do good deeds. Their first effo ...more
David
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was funny when the bad guys were smelling trouble and one of them farted. They were trying to save the cat but forgot they were being good and nearly ate it. The best bit was when Mr Snake ate Mr Piranha!! And it was funny when he asked “What do you do if a cat is stuck in a tree?” and Mr Shark said “Eat it.”

Kate
S.Ach
We are looking for trouble, my friend.
If we're going to be heroes, we ALWAYS need to be on the lookout for trouble….
We need to be able to SMELL trouble!
In fact… wait a second … I think I can smell trouble right now…
Wow, it's really strong actually…
Hang on. That's not…
AW, WHO FARTED?!
Mir
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: younger, picture
Cute, very easy to follow beginning-reader about a wolf who convinces some members of other traditionally maligned species to join him in some good deeds to change their reputation.
Brittnee
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddo-reads
I read with the kids, funny!
Abby Johnson
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is SO FUNNY.
Thanks to Hannah who made me pick it up! It's super clever and the pictures and text work together masterfully to create a truly laugh out loud story.

Hand this to fans of Captain Underpants and Bad Kitty post haste.
Melania 🍒
2.5|5

Enjoyed the idea, the execution wasn’t great ‘tho.
Jessica
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this entire book to my son before bed. It was so much fun and it’s hilarious.
Michelle
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Hilarious.
Victor The Reader
This silly “bad guys go good” semi-comic series centers on a wolf, shark, snake and piranha 🐺🦈 🐍 🐠 who decide to change their bad personas with their first good mission. From the first few pages, it’s a simple silly story with a cartoonish art style that did have me giggle a few times with this bumbling group of suit-wearing animals. B+ (83%/Very Good)
Montague
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was about they are becoming good guys. I like that part where the bad guys try to become good guys and animals are scared of them. This book was funny because a snake eat all the fish and then it came back out and the thing from its stomach splashed out. (age 7)
Franki Sibberson
A fun new series that will be great for transitional readers.
Therese
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, graphic-novel, kids
As my children age, I have many fewer children's books reviewed than I thought I would when I first joined Goodreads. My daughter doesn't like to read. No matter what I tried. She can't make the movie run in her head, I guess. Some can't.

My son has mild autism. He DOES like to read, in fact written words bypass his language barriers. He can read what he can't talk. And he CAN make the movie run in his head.

I'm reviewing just the first Bad Guys, but we've read all ten and have the next one on p
Coleman
May 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a contingent of young readers who think the bad guys in movies and books are way cooler than the good guys. That contingent happens to be right.

This is a book that I would gladly recommend to my younger self as it's easy to read and funny, but especially because it centers around a wolf, a shark, a piranha, and a snake doing bad stuff that is actually good. It will also be easy to recommend to kids who love Dav Pilkey books but don't know where to go next.
Erica
Read this while I was at Walmart and couldn't stopped laughing. It was so funny. I definitely plan to continue the series. ...more
Lesley Berry
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son LOVED this book. Laughed throughout, as he read it out loud to me.
Katie R.
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book as a gift 🎁 I didn't know what to expect but it was a great book 😮😊📚. It is a good book for kids who are just starting to read chapter books because it had lots of pictures and the funny characters made it fun to read 📖. ...more

• Dog Man: The Supa Epic Collection: From the Creator of Captain Underpants (Dog Man #1-6 Boxed Set)
  • Guide to Creating Comics in 3-D (Dog Man)
  • Dog Man (Dog Man, #1)
  • Dog Man: A Tale of Two Kitties (Dog Man, #3)
  • The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants, #1)
  • Game Over, Super Rabbit Boy! (Press Start! #1)
  • Dog Man and Cat Kid (Dog Man, #4)
  • Dog Man Unleashed (Dog Man, #2)
  • Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea  (Narwhal and Jelly, #1)
  • Dog Man: Grime and Punishment (Dog Man, #9)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • George and Harold's Epic Comix Collection Vol. 1 (Epic Tales of Captain Underpants TV)
  • Dog Man: Lord of the Fleas (Dog Man, #5)
  • Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild (Dog Man, #6)
  • It's Me, Two (Catwad, #2)
  • The Adventures of Ook and Gluk: Kung Fu Cavemen from the Future
  • WeirDo (WeirDo #1)
See top shelves…
Aaron is an Australian author of children's books and artist who until the mid-2000s was also an actor. His award winning picture books include Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley, The Ghost of Miss Annabel Spoon and the best-selling Pig the Pug.

In the field of acting, he is probably best known for his lead roles in two television dramedies, 1994's The Damnation of Harvey McHugh, for which he won an

The Bad Guys (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 4: Attack of the Zittens (The Bad Guys, #4)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 5: Intergalactic Gas
  • The Bad Guys in Alien vs Bad Guys
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 7: Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 9: The Big Bad Wolf
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 10: The Baddest Day Ever
  • The Bad Guys in Dawn of the Underlord (The Bad Guys #11)