Start by marking “The Bad Guys (The Bad Guys #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bad Guys (The Bad Guys #1)

The Bad Guys

(The Bad Guys #1)

In this hilarious new illustrated chapter book series, bad guys are doing good deeds . . . whether you want them to or not!

They sound like bad guys, they look like bad guys . . . and they even smell like bad guys. But Mr. Wolf, Mr. Piranha, Mr. Snake, and Mr. Shark are about to change all of that . . .

Mr. Wolf has a daring plan for the Bad Guys' first good mission. They ar
Published January 13th 2017 by Scholastic Press (first published July 1st 2015)

Montzalee Wittmann
Too funny!

The Bad Guys by Aaron Blabey is a fun book that introduces the reader to bad guys (wolf, snake, piranha, and shark) each with their rap sheet. The wolf is the one that called the meeting and wants them to be Good Guys now. They go out to try to do Good Guy things which is quite funny! Got this from the library.
Mischenko
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bad Guys: Episode 1 by Aaron Blabey is a hilarious chapter book for kids! It's super easy to read and makes it great for kids who are easing into chapter books as there aren't a ton of words on each page. It's also loaded with illustrations.

We found the story hilarious. Mr. Wolf and the gang set off to be heroes by performing tasks that prove they are no longer "bad guys." It ends with them attempting to free two hundred pups from the dog pound.

Kids will love the silly comedy, especially M
Furrawn
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely hilarious. Any child with a good attention span will find this book uproariously funny. I laughed out loud myself multiple times.
It’s 1st to 2nd grade reading level but so very funny.

A wolf decided he wants to be a good guy so he enlists a snake, a piranha, and a shark to be part of his “good guys” gang. Hilarity ensues as they try to do things like rescue a cat up a tree, etc.

They each have rap sheets. This is where I laughed out loud. For example, the wolf’s rap sheet for criminal a
Kathryn
THIS. IS. THE. BEST. EARLY. CHAPTER. BOOK. EVER.

Adults: if you want an early read aloud that won’t necessitate you ingesting half a bottle of Grey Goose in order to withstand it: THIS STORY IS FOR YOU.

The Big Bad Wolf from fairy tale fame decides to go good and recruits a group of villains to help him: Mr. Snake (AKA the Chicken Swallower), Mr. Piranha (AKA the Butt Biter) & Mr. Shark (AKA….what else…...JAWS). His team assembled Ole Wolfie dubs them: THE GOOD GUYS CLUB designed to perform h
Lata
Sheer silliness! And funny as a wolf, piranha, snake and shark attempt to do good works, at the wolf's behest. Then they form a group, the Good Guys, even though they're known as the Bad Guys, and ride off to find new ways to do good.
Cute illustrations to go with some pretty funny moments.
La Coccinelle
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay... well, that was... interesting.

I think it was a little younger than I was expecting. Most of the graphic novels I've read so far have been for middle graders, but this one is really aimed at younger kids. You've got some funny characters, some potty humour, and a basic story. What's not to like? I mean, if you're eight years old...

An overly exuberant wolf decides he wants to go straight, and he takes some of his bad-guy friends along for the ride. There's Mr. Snake, who likes to swallow t
SyaSya Syed Nasir
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-novels
I know its a kids story book. However, I do enjoy all enjoy the funny parts in the story. Thanks to my students for recommend it to me and let me read his story book. 😊
Ms. Yingling
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E ARC from Edelweiss Above the Treeline

When a wolf decides that he's tired of always being "the bad guy" he joins forces with a snake, piranha, and shark. They are going to team up and do nice things for a change, like rescuing a kitten stuck in a tree and freeing dogs from a local pound. Oddly, things don't always go the way that they should, even though the shark makes a very convincing woman just by putting on a dress.

The Bad Guys is formatted in a way that will be very helpful for strugglin
David
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was funny when the bad guys were smelling trouble and one of them farted. They were trying to save the cat but forgot they were being good and nearly ate it. The best bit was when Mr Snake ate Mr Piranha!! And it was funny when he asked “What do you do if a cat is stuck in a tree?” and Mr Shark said “Eat it.”

Kate
Rana Heshmati
شاید زیادی بزرگ شدم..
هرچند ایدهاش خیلی خوبه، تلاش برای از بین بردن کلیشهی بد بودن گرگ و مار و پیرانا و کوسه، اما خیلی لذت نبردم از خوندنش :((
Brittnee
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddo-reads
I read with the kids, funny!
Abby Johnson
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is SO FUNNY.
Thanks to Hannah who made me pick it up! It's super clever and the pictures and text work together masterfully to create a truly laugh out loud story.

Hand this to fans of Captain Underpants and Bad Kitty post haste.
Netta
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ספר מתוק ומצחיק לילדי בית ספר יסודי, על חבורת חיות מפחידות ומסוכנות שמנסה לשנות תדמית.
הרבה איורים משעשעים ומעט מילים. נקרא תוך דקות.

לא רעים בכלל 1/אארון בלייבי
Montague
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was about they are becoming good guys. I like that part where the bad guys try to become good guys and animals are scared of them. This book was funny because a snake eat all the fish and then it came back out and the thing from its stomach splashed out. (age 7)
Franki Sibberson
A fun new series that will be great for transitional readers.
Ash (It's a Word Vomit World)
Hmm…What to hate about this book? Um, being forced to read it three times in one day by my five year old!!!

Let’s start with a brief synopsis, so that you can get a better feel for this book. Mr. Big Bad Wolf if trying to convince us in his gruff, Al Capone, no nonsense way, that he’s really not a “bad guy”. He would also have us believe, that his friends aren’t such bad guys either. We, and his friends, aren’t quite so convinced. He’s really the only one who wants to be viewed as a good guy, bu
Tasha
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
This Australian import is the first in a fresh new illustrated chapter book series. Wolf has decided that he’s tired of being a bad guy so he recruits three fellow baddies to his new gang where they do good deeds. But it’s not so easy for Shark, Piranha and Snake to give up their own ways, like eating meat and people. Their first mission for good is to rescue a kitten stuck in a tree, but what kitten wants to climb down if they see those big teeth smiling at them? Their next job is to rescue 200 ...more
Donna
This book is just incredibly adorable. Initially I wasn’t sure if it was an adult book in comic form or a kids book because some of the humor does get a little dark. But reading the blurb on Goodreads it calls itself a chapter book so children’s book it is!

I freaking love the art. Especially when the characters get all bug-eyed or insensate or chuffed. And the shark getting dressed up in women’s clothing. Ha! Looking at Blabey’s other books on his website he seems to have a style that really spe
Rebecca
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome stories in this series for 6 year olds.
Dolly
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
Humorous tale of four bad guys trying to do good. The black and white illustrations are very cartoonish and hilarious - the characters are extremely expressive. The story is silly, but fun and it's a fast, entertaining read.

I noticed as I began to post this review that this is only the first book in a series of tales featuring these bad guys who attempt do good. We will certainly check out more of these stories from our local library.
Stacey
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books where I laughed out-loud! The characters are a misfit group of so-called "bad guys" and lead by a character who is desperate to change how they are viewed by others in the world. In order to turn bad guys into good guys, the main character leads the group on absurd and crazy deeds that ultimately result in successful pandemonium.

Although a short and easier read, the illustrations provide extra depth and humour. A fun title for students in grades 1-5 and a definite re
Lynley
Well, this is disappointing.

The Smurfette Principle isn't dead yet, and when I say 'yet' I mean in a series which began in 2015.

Writers.

When you don't have any girls at all in a book, that's fine, okay. If you don't write confidently for and about girls, better that way. However, if you have no speaking girls in your book AND you have a masculine character dressing up as a femme, AND that femme character manipulates a male character with her 'feminine wiles' and starts actual fake crying to ge
Imogen Fremaux
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
The story was unusual because it had a shark and a fish that could survive out of water. This book was hilarious and made me laugh out loud and I also loved it so much I read it without stopping until the end.
Sam
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, easy and fun read that I think kid's will love! It has fart jokes in it, so of course they will love it. It's perfect for those children who are starting to read, and want something a bit different.

This is typical Aaron Blabey awesomeness and I look forward to reading the next episode.
Sage
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was really funny
Kris Patrick
Aaron Blabey snuck one of his pug drawings in here :)
Some Lols.
Sarah Epstein
I love Aaron Blabey's humour and I adore his illustrations. My son also loved this quick and funny read.
Michelle
Meh. This was just ok. Kids might find it comical, but it was lacking any meaning or depth.
Pam  Page
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun new series that offers children laughs and entertainment! Animal characters, short text, and hilarious events that will have children looking for book #2!
Gláucia Renata
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O Lobo é visto como um cara malvado, um criminoso perigoso, sendo até fichado na polícia por ter cometido crimes como: devorar vovozinhas, ludibriar garotas ingênuas, arrombar casas alheias a fim de degustar seus donos, se fingir de ovelhas, entre outros. Mas se sente injustiçado e quer mudar a forma como é visto pela sociedade.
Convoca seus amigos também fichados e igualmente perigosos: sr. Cobra, sr. Tubarão e sr. Piranha. Juntos formam Os Caras Legais e saem pelo mundo com o objetivo de salvar
  • Withering-By-Sea (A Stella Montgomery Intrigue, #1)
  • Pookie Aleera Is Not My Boyfriend
  • The 65-Storey Treehouse
  • Diary of a BABY Wombat
  • Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland
  • The Last King of Angkor Wat
  • Extra Weird (WeirDo #3)
  • Baa Baa Smart Sheep
  • Fartiste
  • Something's Fishy, Hazel Green (Hazel Green, #2)
  • 45 + 47 Stella Street And Everything That Happened (Stella Street, #1)
  • Wanted! Ralfy Rabbit, Book Burglar
  • The Very Hungry Bear
  • The Children Who Loved Books
  • Hairy Maclary's Caterwaul Caper
  • Iris and the Tiger
  • The Wonky Donkey
  • The Slightly Annoying Elephant
Aaron is an Australian author of children's books and artist who until the mid-2000s was also an actor. His award winning picture books include Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley, The Ghost of Miss Annabel Spoon and the best-selling Pig the Pug.

In the field of acting, he is probably best known for his lead roles in two television dramedies, 1994's The Damnation of Harvey McHugh, for which he won an

The Bad Guys (9 books)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 4: Attack of the Zittens
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 5: Intergalactic Gas
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 6: Alien vs Bad Guys
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 7: Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad