Start by marking “Chain Reaction (Bodyguard, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chain Reaction (Bodyguard, #3)

Chain Reaction (Bodyguard #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  92 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
SHE NEEDS A LOVER AND A FIGHTER

Blonde. Beautiful. Talented. Alexa Fairfax is practically Hollywood royalty. But growing up in a family of legendary movie stars also puts her in the spotlight for danger. And after she discovers a plot more deadly than any movie script, Alexa desperately needs a bodyguard. A man like Zack De Luca. A true friend with a good heart, a protectiv
Published February 28th 2017 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Chain Reaction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chain Reaction

Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo 9cdbbb12974083809f555d72306b6d_zpsjs0f49oe.gif

Chain Reaction by Tara Wyatt is the first book that I have read from this author and it surely won’t be my last after I got a taste of Wyatt’s suspenseful storytelling. Although Chain Reaction is part of the Bodyguard Series, it most definitely can be read as a standalone as the author did a great job introducing previous characters.

Alexa Fairfax is considered Hollywood royalty since she comes from a family of actors. The Fairfax name sh
Dianne
She needs a hero and her heart can’t hold out any longer, either. Alexa is beautiful in mind and body and now this young princess of Hollywood has discovered a horrible secret that could cost her her life. When she confides in her secret heartthrob and good friend, Zack De Luca, he becomes the undercover bodyguard she needs and the pretend boyfriend she wishes were real. Zack is more than a handsome man in a well-muscled body, he is a fighter, a man on a mission to protect the woman he has secre ...more
Julie
Check out the giveaway for a copy of this one - link at the bottom

description

I was lucky enough to get to beta-read this book. Which was really awesome because I had devoured the first two books in the series and it felt like this 3rd one wasn't going to come out for eons and I'm not known for my patience. And I really adored the first two in the Bodyguard series so to say that the bar was set extremely high for this 3rd one would be a massive understatement.

One of the first things you'll notice when you p
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
I have enjoyed every book in this series but I think this is the most intense one yet. CHAIN REACTION is filled with suspense, easy chemistry and passion between the main characters and got a very strong reaction from me because of who the villains were.

Alexa Fairfax seems to have it all. She's Hollywood royalty and grew up with the very best that money can buy, but all that money can't buy her happiness. Getting her own place away from her parents was her first stab at independence and life tha
Book Him Danno
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1\2 Stars out of 5

I read the first book in the series and while it was interesting I found the story lacking.
I love the backstory of Hollywood Mob family and how it came to power. I enjoyed that Tara Wyatt connect her books together with a string you can follow and see how it all connect together.
Reader will not get lost she creates enough backstory that it keeps the story flowing at a good place. Chain Reaction can be read as a stand alone.
If someone called me sweet as many times Zack called
Michelle

My Thoughts

Chain Reaction is the third book in the adult romantic suspense, Bodyguard series by Tara Wyatt. I have not read either of the first two books in the series, however; I have a thing for bodyguard stories, so when I saw Chain Reaction float into my email, I couldn't pass it up. The books can be read as standalones, and I had no problem picking up with this installment. The plot sounds yummy, and it totally was! I rea
Dísir
It’s my first read by Tara Wyatt and I’ve going to sheepishly admit that the whole bodyguard gig thing is one of my guiltiest not-quite-secrets. ‘Chain Reaction’ is a sweeter read than I expected and from the onset, I’m going to say it isn’t a bad read. More focused on the romance than suspense, it’s got so much of the sheen of the famous Bodyguard movie, but there aren’t any complaints from me here.

My mixed feelings probably stem from the characterisation which felt at times, a bit clichéd for
Adria (Romance Reviews)
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews
* A copy of this book was and provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review. All conclusions are my own responsibility and I was not compensated for this review.

What’s it About? Actress Alexa Fairfax grew up in what outsiders would consider the perfect family with legendary parents but to her it was a nightmare and when she overhears a conversation at her parents’ home she goes to the only person she knows she can trust: Z
Alex (HEAbooknerd)
I received an Advanced Reader copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Series: Bodyguards #3
Warning: Past Abuse (view spoiler)

--One Sentence Summary--
Actress discovers her father is the head of a crime organization and now she needs the protection of
Lisa Richards
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it

I love romantic suspense and though I haven't read the earlier books in this series, I had no problem keeping up. This was a fun read and mixing in suspense with romance really upped the ante. I'm not overly fond of books told from multiple POVs as I find this jars me out of my reading bubble but managed to adjust.
I love the Fake Couple Trope, it's probably my favorite plot device that authors use in a romance novel. It was a lot of fun watching Zack and Alexa's romance develop for real. The che
Izy
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Being a part of Hollywood royalty has done Alexa Fairfax no favours. Growing up with her family was filled loneliness and emotional abuse. Finding out that her father is possibly in something dodgy shatters any remaining illusion she had of her family.

Zack De Luca, is a MMA fighter and part of the Virtus bodyguard group. His life consists of doing his day job as a bodyguard and following his dreams by training to be a champion MMA fighter.

To protect Alexa, Zack offers to be her bodyguard and lat
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Alexa has always been a pawn for her famous Hollywood royalty family. This time she’s fighting back, this time it’s going to go too far to ignore, this time people will be killed.

Zane has had a soft spot for Alexa for a while now but he’s a bodyguard, an up and coming MMA fighter and he truly believes that he’s not good enough for the beautiful woman in the constant spotlight of her talents and her family. Yet when Alexa turns to him for help and protection from a de
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review.

Romantic suspense is one of those tricky genres for me. I either find myself deeply involved in the storyline or completely bored with it. In the case of Chain Reaction, it was deeply involved.

Tara Wyatt's writing quickly pulled me into the story. It was fast-paced and moved the story along quickly. Nothing was too drawn out or boring. The story contained just the right amo
Books and Spoons
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chain Reaction is an intense, vigorous, and ardent romantic suspense story with a mix of Hollywood drama, MMA fighting, mobsters ready to do anything to keep their secrets, and swoon-worthy romance that made me sigh.
I loved how the intensity was built in the story from several different sources, keeping it constantly on the rise. The plot is well constructed, giving the romance a chance to grow and develop in the midst of the tension and terror from the mob.
The danger and fear in the story com
Christie72
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great Romantic Suspense! Alexa is the daughter of Hollywood royalty. She’s beautiful and intelligent, and it appears, on the surface that her life is perfect. Underneath that façade, lie dark secrets and a life of pain not joy. When she accidentally stumbles upon a dangerous plot, her life is in danger. She turns to her friend, Zack who is an MMA fighter in training, to protect her. He agrees to be her boyfriend to protect her. They have always been attracted to each other, and now those feeling ...more
Kim O'Daniel
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my freaking god. What a book. This is the first book by Tara
Wyatt. And the first in the series I have read. But now I have to go
read the rest. The book is so masterfully written. And it had me
hooked, reading on to see what happened next. Causing me to read,
till I finished this book in the wee hours of the morning.

This story is about Alexa and Zach. They met a year ago but were
dating other people. Neither believing they deserved the other. I felt
so bad for Alexa. Her family may have weal
Home. Love. Books.
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
 photo synopsisgraphic.png

So this is book 3 in the series, and I haven't read the first two, or any other book written by Tara before, but I have to say I enjoyed this book. I have really been in the mood for some suspense in my romance lately, and this book definitely brings the suspense. It also brings with it a pretty hefty dose of family drama and angst.

I figured out pretty quickly that this series seems to revolve around a group of friends, and the guys all seem to work for one guys security company, so basically th
Pam
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it

Alexa Fairfax is the daughter of Hollywood royalty Jonathan Fairfax whom runs his own production company among many other things. When Alexa discovers a deadly secret about her father she enlists the protection of her friends and their security business. Her good friend Zach De Luca is assigned to be her body guard.

Zach has a kind heart and is very protective. Zach has been training to be an MMA fighter. He has been attracted to Alexa for a long time but
Melissa Parnell
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story. I loved the suspense. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next. I loved the characters as well. They were both intense and strong and intelligent. I loved seeing the progression of their relationship and seeing the chemistry ignite between them. This was my first book by Tara and I will definitely be reading more.
Sheryl
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*

Becky
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was good and all but again easy to guess
J.
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has been my favorite book out of the Bodyguard series. Alexa and Zack have chemistry plus I love MMA fighters - very sexy!
Glenda Bettin
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great series
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
*Cue Whitney Houston singing "I Will Always Love You" as this MMA-fighter-slash-bodyguards meets Hollywood royalty in this 3rd installment of The Bodyguard Series.

Though this is the 3rd in the Bodyguard series, each can be read as stand alones, and there is enough back information that you won't get lost if you jump in now.

Alexa and Zack's story is a fast paced and adrenaline packed one. The Hollywood mob, MMA fighters, twists and intrigues. So much happening all the time.

I loved the pull betwe
Meaghan
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Zach and Alexa were fun to read, dynamic characters, and hot, hot, hot!
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Zack DeLuca is stuck between a rock and a hard place, he wants to protect Alexa from the danger that is looming in her life, but being that close to her day in and out is a temptation he is certain he won't be able to fight for long. He has harbored a bone deep crush for a while now, but his history with relationships has always kept him from making a move, full well knowing it wouldn't end well for either of them. But with her life in danger, and her safety at risk, there is no way he can walk ...more
books are love
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
First love how Zack was the one Alexa first felt safe and comfortable telling what happened to. It shows that they had a connection and that she trusted him. I also love how Zack felt a need to protect her and keep her safe from the moment she walked in the door. He could tell her emotions and wanted to ease her sadness and fear. He didn’t push her or try to tell her what to do only sooth her.
These two are so adorable together. The chemistry wowza. They fought their attraction due to so many rea
Cynthia
Book number three in The Bodyguard Series, but it has no problem as a standalone read.

The story had all of the necessary ingredients for a gut-punching suspense. Unfortunately, not enough suspense for me. I should have gotten a clue from the author recommendation on the front cover, surprising laughs! The end finally came when Zach wouldn't stop calling Alexa sweet; my teeth were starting to rot.

D N F
Lynn Reynolds
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Alexa Fairfax has given up trying to impress her mother. But her mother is a pussycat compared to her father. Zach De Luca has the same circle of friends as Alexa. He also has the expertise that she is in need of. Can a man who is all about protecting people find happiness with someone that is considered part of tinseltown royalty?

This author created the right combination that had me glued to my ereader. I just had to remember to blink. I’m all about the romance but this author
Mandy
4.5 Stars
Tara Wyatt has become an auto-read author for me and this is the series that started my love affair with her writing. This is the third book in the Bodyguard Series and while it can be read alone there are some threads that have been woven through the previous books, mainly Alexa and the growing danger that her family represents. I’ve been waiting for what feels like forever for Zack and Alexa’s book and can honestly say that I was not disappointed one single bit.

I’m pretty particular w
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tara Wyatt is a romance author who’s been making up love stories ever since she fell head over heels for the Backstreet Boys and Hanson almost twenty years ago. Not content with merely daydreaming about Nick Carter and Taylor Hanson, she grabbed a notebook and wrote countless fan fiction stories.

After outgrowing her boy band obsession and obtaining an Honours B.A. in English Literature and Philos
More about Tara Wyatt...

Bodyguard (3 books)
  • Necessary Risk (Bodyguard, #1)
  • Primal Instinct (Bodyguard #2)