Start by marking “Run to You (Risking it All, #1)” as Want to Read:
Run to You (Risking it All, #1)

Run to You (Risking It All #1)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  400 Ratings  ·  159 Reviews
ONE LITTLE LIE. A WHOLE LOTTA TROUBLE.

Moments after meeting the most gorgeous guy ever, Gabby Winters promptly gets stung by a zillion yellowjackets and falls-not gracefully-into a stream. Yup, Ethan Hunter is trouble with a capital "hot," and Gabby definitely needs to keep her distance. Except in the small town of Haven, there's nowhere to hide from Ethan's sexy, infectio
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published August 30th 2016 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Run to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Run to You

Claire Robinson
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "That was even better than I thought it would be..." Stars!

Run to You is the first full length novel in Rachel Lacey’s new, Risking It All series. Having read and really enjoyed the prequel novella, Rock With You I was expecting to be impressed and I was not disappointed.

Ethan and Gabby gelled really well together for me, in that both of them were not looking for commitment for their own particular reasons, but also both knowing that the connection growing between them as their ‘fake’ rela
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
3.5 sweet stars

Run to You by Rachel Lacey is a fast paced, heartwarming romance that I really liked. It was my first read by this author and once I started, I couldn't put it down. I instantly loved the characters, the small town feel, and the steamy build that Ethan and Gabby had going on. It was good! Really good! The writing was great. The plot was sweet. The characters even sweeter. And overall this was a pleasing, fun read.

Gabby is spending time (the summer) in the town of Haven. She neede
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

After getting out of a bad relationship, Gabby decides to spend the summer in the small town of Haven. There she hopes to rediscover herself and her strength. When an angry nest of hornets pushes her into the arms of a sexy stranger, their chemistry may have Gabby going against her no men rule.
Ethan is captivated by the gorgeous woman in a flowing skir
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2bTVBfI

Run to You. Yall. I couldn't put this one down. From fake mates to great friendships and starting over, heartbreak, hope and a little daring. Run to You was just a lovely read and beginning to a new series.

The quick of it is that Ethan's grandmom has one wish before she dies...to see Ethan settled down and happy. And she's sure new-girl-in-town Gabby is just the one that's going to make that happen. She may only have a fe
Irene
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed Run To You.

The storyline was sweet, fun, heartwarming and very entertaining.
From the first meeting, Gabby and Ethan captured my interest and I couldn't get enough of them. I enjoyed their banter, the way they would tease each other and they had amazing chemistry.

After leaving an abusive relationship Gabby escapes to the small town of Haven looking for peace and time to find herself again after all she'd been through.
Meeting Ethan and spending time with him starts to ma
TeriLyn
Aug 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

**Run to You generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

3 "Hold on tight..." Stars

The first book of the Risking it All series features a quirky heroine, adventurous hero, feisty grandma, and a comfortable, sweet North Carolina setting. Rachel Lacey's contemporary romance told from the third person points of view flows serenely from beginning to end. Run to You hails as a classic, easy love story from Forever romance.

Both Ethan Hunter and Gabby Winters
Sabrina
Run to You is the first novel in Rachel Lacey's Risking It All series and a great start to this series. The characters easily captivated me and had me experiencing all their emotions along with them. I liked Gabby and her quirky, sometimes awkward, ways. She really kept the book interesting and her character added a sense of humor to it. Really though, all of the characters were amazing and I loved the group of people we got to meet in this book.

Gabby and Ethan had a wonderful relationship and
Stacee
This sounded exactly like my sort of sorbet. I'm a sucker for a sassy and meddling grandmother type and thankfully, this totally delivered.

Love love loved Gabby and Ethan. They're both sort of hiding from something and I throughly enjoyed reading them try to work on themselves while playing bf/gf. The chemistry between them was perfection and the UST was delicious. There are some other great characters in this town and I'm hoping the companion books are Mark and Ryan.

Sure, it's a bit predictab
Jessica Alcazar
I love a small town story with sub-plots that mean something. That enhance not only the story they're in, but also the series as a whole. Rachel Lacey did this very well with Run to You. She introduced into the picture future heroes without them encroaching into what the book is really about ... Gabby and Ethan :) And she also intertwined stories like that of Ethan's grandmother into their story that added meaning to their story .. so basically no fluff :) I love that. I love that a lot!!

I also
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Ironic that Ryan, the hulking man with the motorcycle parked out front and tats up and down his arms, was the cool-headed peacekeeper of their group.

Mrs. Winters was looking at him with respect now, and while he preferred that to the disapproval he'd gotten from her earlier, it pissed him off that his gold medals somehow made him more worthy in her eyes. He kept them in a box in his closet. They didn't define who he was or even the greatest thing he'd accomplished.

Dixie was looki
⚜️Trea
I have to say, I really enjoyed this story! I liked the real life issues addressed in this story, and how tactfully they were handled. Gabby and Ethan had several hurdles to overcome, and I liked seeing how romance just snuck up on them over time. I loved seeing Gabby conquer her fears as well! Definitely interested in reading more of the series!
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Killing me."

I discovered Rachel Lacey by accident. It was my love of rocker romance that caused me to notice the cover of her book, Rock With You. It was a short story and the synopsis intrigued me so I took a chance on a new author. I'm so glad I did. While Run to You is not focused on the rock star, he did show up. And while this cover didn't do anything for me, what's between the pages made up for it. This series seems to be more focused on the town of Haven which is small and remote, and
Rê
description

4 “Sweet and hot small town romance” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Forever!

I read a book by Rachel Lacey a while ago (maybe last year, I’m not sure), and I loved it. Guess what? It happened again.

Just like she did with “Unleashed”, Ms. Lacey gave me exactly what I needed with “Run to You”: sweet and hot small town romance with a likable MC, a trouble but swoon-worthy LI, a romance with great chemistry and a dog. Yep, because dogs are important, and Ms. Lacey seem to love them just as much as
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars

I was looking forward to starting this series because the prequel gave us a small glimpse into a cute small town (and a group of adorable old ladies that I wanted to get to know better) even though it didn’t really leave us knowing much about the people we would be reading about in the series.

RUN TO YOU is that glimpse. We meet three best friends who grew up in foster care for a bit and established a really strong bond since then. Now as adults, they’ve left their successful careers be
Anja ~ Once Upon a Page ⚜️ Books and Tequila
Run to You is Rachel Lacey’s first book in her newest series “Risking it All”. It’s a story filled with heart, humor, and love. Rachel Lacey has a way of drawing you into the story with her words and humor. And I’m slow and steady becoming a huge fan of hers.

Gabby Winters ran to the sleepy town of Haven to escape her past, to find herself, and overcome her fears. While she might not think she’s a strong person, she definitely is stronger than she ever gave herself credit for. After a disastrous
Ann Lorz
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've been really enjoying Rachel Lacey's books. This new series has had me laughing right away. Run to You starts off with Gabby being stung by bee's. Now in real life that wouldn't be funny at all, but let's remember, this isn't real life.

Right away you will just crack up and enjoy how both Gabby and Ethan meet. It might not have seemed romantic but in it's way it is. Ethan rushes to help her, how romantic is that!

Gabby is basically hiding out in the woods, trying to get her life together aft
Emily
Gabby Winters is trying to stand on her own two feet and in doing so has found herself in Haven. Gabby has been a bit of a recluse and her first real interaction with another is when she is rescued after landing in a yellow jackets nest. Ethan Hunter thinks Gabby is beautiful, even if she is looking a little bitten up and when he asks her out, she tells him no. Gabby finds Ethan attractive enough but she doesn't want the complication right now.

Neither Ethan or Gabby realize that Ethan's grandmo
Susan (susayq ~)
What a great fake to real love story! Ya'll know those are my favorite!

Ethan and Gabby are adorable. She's moved to Haven trying to get on her own two feet after a not so good relationship. She meets Ethan (in a most adorable way), who only does short casual relationships. Ethan's grandmother decides to play matchmaker because she wants Ethan to be happy and not alone. They agree to pretending to be a couple, but things get hot and real real quick. Ethan is great at not believing what's happeni
Cynthia
3.5 stars; extra point .5 for an awesome Gram and an adorable Ethan!
.....
Run to You was a cute read and nice introduction to Rachel Lacey for me! There are many reasons why it was sweet including:

1. A super sweet grandmother/grandson relationship: Ethan and Dixie are the bomb. I love how supportive they are of each other. Plus who doesn't love a sassy Gram.

2. Fake relationship trope:  To make Gram happy, Ethan borrows Gabby to be his fake girlfriend, which of course leads to many a cute moments
Mona
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoy very much. Book one in Risking it All series:
When Gabby comes to Haven, North Carolina it's so get some piece
away from her ex. She wants to stand on her own two feet.
When she gets stung by some yellow jacket bees. Ethan Hunter comes to her
Rescue. Well little does she know she's on his property.

Ethan Hunter hasn't seen anyone so sexy as Gabby before
and his taken by her. Nothing sexy about seeing her get stung.
He helps her out. But he also ha it bad for her. When his grandmother
wishes h
Under the Covers Book Blog
I was looking forward to starting this series because the prequel gave us a small glimpse into a cute small town (and a group of adorable old ladies that I wanted to get to know better) even though it didn't really leave us knowing much about the people we would be reading about in the series.

RUN TO YOU is that glimpse. We meet three best friends who grew up in foster care for a bit and established a really strong bond since then. Now as adults, they've left their successful careers behind and
Toni FGMAMTC
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

Ethan is a ladies man. He’s supposedly a player, but he came off as sensitive, caring and compassionate right away to me. He’s a former Olympian who won a few medals in swimming. Since this is an Olympic year, and I’m all fired up about Olympic swimming, this added some attraction to Ethan for me.
Gabby does coding for video games and is in Haven taking a break from the city. She stumbled onto Ethan’s extreme obstacle course property, which i
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received via Netgalley for an honest review

This is the first Rachel Lacey book I have read, and it was a sweet, pleasant surprise.

Ethan is a ladies man around town - but there was so much more to him than that. And in fact other than a lot of talk I didn't really find him to be a ladies man at all. He is sweet, compassionate, full of heart.

And on a side note, I did find it hard to see Ethan as a big hot manly alpha - but it had nothing to do with the writing or the character, but to do with
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

How far would you go to grant someone you love their dying wish? Tough one, isn’t it? I know I’d do just about anything if placed in that position, I believe most of us would. And Ethan is no different. His beloved grandmother has a bucket list of wishes before she leaves this world – and one of those items to be ticked off is seeing Ethan happily settled with the right woman… maybe that new girl in town, Gabby, she seems to be perfect for the task.

Oh, there’s defini
Jackie (No Bent Spines)
ARC via Publisher + Netgalley
Read this review on: No Bent Spines

Full Review

When one girl is running away, and one man is running to, there’s a sure hope for a collision. Gabby and Ethan meet much like I met this book—by total accident. A chance encounter. Was it fate? Lucky for me, I didn’t fall butt-first into a yellow jacket nest like Gabby did. In fact, I fell head over heels in love with out two main characters in the best way possible: without expectations, with chocolate in my hand, and w
Arlena

Rating: Five
Review:

"Run To You" by Rachel Lacey

My Thoughts...

What will happen when a meddling grandmother [Dixie] interferes in this romance of her grandson Ethan Hunter and such a lovely girl Gabby Winters. Now the measures Dixie will go to to see her grandson 'settled and happy' will be quite interesting. We find Gabby was running from an abusive relationship where she really only wanted was to
Emma
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Run to You is beautifully romantic and on a subtle level empowering, showing you really can have it all. Finding the place you belong and the people you belong with as well as the pursuit of your dreams all wrapped up in a stunning small town.

Told in third person narrative with alternating focus, the use of the third person allows the introduction of pivotal players for later books in the series.

Run to You focuses on Ethan and Gabby. Ethan has returned to his hometown to pursue his dream of open
Jacki
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through Wicked Reads.

This was such a sweet and charming little romance for me. I didn't have any trouble getting into and finishing it in no time.
Gabby Winters is looking for a new place to lie low and escape the stress of a relationship gone bad. She finds herself holed up in a secluded cabin in the small mountain town of Haven. She knows she's being kind of an introvert, but so far it's working for her.
Ethan Hunter green up in
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Run to you would most certainly be my sentiments when I have a nest full of yellow jackets chasing me. I will most certainly run to safety or cover which ever comes first. Just running in your direction was not suppose to lead to chemistry lessons. But trouble will be sure to follow in the wakes of this explosive encounter.

Gabby needs to get away from it all. So of course go to a small town where everyone knows everyone and you have very little chance of getting away from the one crashing encou
Rachel Lacey is a contemporary romance author and semi-reformed travel junkie. She's been climbed by a monkey on a mountain in Japan, gone scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef, and camped out overnight in New York City for a chance to be an extra in a movie. These days, the majority of her adventures take place on the pages of the books she writes. She lives in warm and sunny North Carolina with ...more
More about Rachel Lacey

Risking It All (3 books)
  • Crazy for You (Risking It All, #2)
  • Can't Forget You (Risking it All, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be