Start by marking “Impact (Outer Earth #3)” as Want to Read:
Impact (Outer Earth #3)

Impact

(Outer Earth #3)

Following Tracer and Zero-G comes Impact, the explosive conclusion to the Outer Earth trilogy - a heart-pounding thriller set in space where the hero moves like lightning and the consequences for failure are deadly.

A signal has been picked up from Earth.

The planet was supposed to be uninhabitable. But it seems there are survivors down there - with supplies, shelter and r
Published August 30th 2016 by Redhook

To ask other readers questions about Impact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impact

Liz Barnsley
Oh Impact. How I loved you. Except now we are at the end of the Outer Earth trilogy and I am immeasurably bereft. But before I sobbed into my pillow I was all OOH. Yay. Wait don’t do that. NO OR THAT. Ok you can do that. DON’T GO SO FAST. Actually go faster…

Rob Boffard’s writing style is akin to racing a Ferrari down a one way street and hoping to God the brakes are good before you hit the wall – it is fast, furious, utterly delightful and manages somehow to be as character driven as it is actio
David Proffitt
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The final part of Rob Boffard’s “Outer Earth” trilogy packs just as munch punch as the previous two books. Impact picks up the story immediately after Zero-G’s cliff-hanger ending, with our hero, Riley Hale and he companions drifting away from the Outer Earth space station.

The bulk of the action in the final instalment takes place on a cold and almost barren Earth. Raveg by a nuclear holocaust, the whole planet is swathed in an eternal winter; except for one area centred on Anchorage, where thin
ᴡᴡᴡ.Jeremy_Szal.18sexy.pw
A solid finish to the Outer Eater series, but flusters with its scant characterization and lack of credibility, which seems to only serve to keep the non-stop action moving at a ceaseless forward momentum. I cared about most of the characters, but the majority of that was carryover from the previous books (the 1st, Tracer, being the best IMO). There's so much action and stop and starts within these microchapters that always end on a cliffhanger, that after a while it's difficult to care about th ...more
Fons
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This was a good conclusion a fun trilogy.

The story is well paced, working from cliffhanger to cliffhanger in a way that is just shy of overdone.
Overall, I didn't possess the same quality of the previous two parts, but hats-off to the seamless change of setting whilst staying true to the series.

3.5 stars rounded up. Solid.
Vegard
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Meh. Serien opna bra. Andreboka tok ein del av det gode frå førsteboka vidare, men trearen var ein nedtur eg dryge over nesten ein månad. Greitt å vita korleis det endar, elles sit eg ikkje att med mykje etter denne boka.
Paul Turkstra
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Top Shelf. Again.
Thomas
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
It's not really a spoiler that this book takes place on Earth. The title of the book suggests it, and if you read the back cover blurb, you'll know for certain. It makes sense that the trilogy takes us there -- Boffard has been hinting at it since the first book -- but it strikes me as odd that the catchphrase on the cover is "In space, there are no second chances...". Why not "On Earth, there are no second chances..."? It's not a spoiler, after all.

Impact concludes the story of Riley Hale, who
Leon
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Terrific end to the Tracer series. Very well thought out story that kept you wanting to read what happens next. My only small dislike was 98% into the end of the book where the author Fast Forwarded/Skipped an event in the story that was being led up to since the beginning. Almost felt cheated that there wasn't another Anna chapter. Please, please put it in the story!
Martin Belcher
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Wow, Rob Boffard leaves the best part of the Outer Earth trilogy till last! Impact is outstanding, exhilarating, nail biting science fiction!
Warning Spoilers next...
We return to Outer Earth after the events of book two Zero G. Riley Hale, Carver, Prakesh and a party of Earthers are on an asteroid catcher ship towing and asteroid in front for protection as they attempt an entry into Earth's atmosphere. Chasing a signal which indicates the possibility there is life surviving on Earth.
An impact and
Dave
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016, fiction
Regular readers will be aware that I am somewhat of a fan of Mr Boffard's work. Tracer was fantastic and made my books of the year list for 2015, Zero-G upped the ante, and now we have Impact, book #3 in the Outer Earth trilogy.

The question was, having turned the action up to 11 for Zero-G, could Rob find a new setting on the dial for the finale?

Well, yeah, he knocked it out of the park.

Again.

Impact is an interesting change of setting from the first two as we find Riley and chums down on earth.
Andrew Bennett
This book was great, non-stop action like the previous two in the trilogy. I love the dystopia that Boffard built, and did I mention it is action packed? His short chapter structure adds to the urgency of the book, there's always something going on and while you're reading you think, "just one more chapter before I put it down."

So why only 3 stars? The main protagonist, Riley, is just so whiny to me. She's supposed to be in her earlier twenties but comes off like a sophomore in high school somet
Lara
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome ending to a generally awesome trilogy. Riley (unlike some heroes I could mention, coughNickSeaforthcough) is able to survive an entirely new and pretty damn hostile environment, adapt as needed, and push past her anger and guilt over everything that happened on Outer Earth. I also applaud the very well-done perspective of what it must look and feel like on a planet after an entire life spent in an orbital, man-made environment. Riley has to adjust to surfaces that aren't uniformly smooth ...more
Heather Fowler
Eva
Jul 13, 2018
Marya
Jan 24, 2018 added it
I read this without realising it was the third instalment in a series, so for that reason i'm going to reserve judgement until i've at least read the first book. But i'm not in a big hurry to pick it up.
Yelena
Nov 12, 2018
Dennis
Sep 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rob. Thirty-one. Author. Journalist. Sound Engineer. Snowboarder. Hip-hop artist. Tall. Basketball-player-length arms. Lots of tattoos. Glasses. Bad hair. Proud South African. Born in Johannesburg. Splits time between London and Vancouver. Digs New York. Doesn’t dig Vegas. Loves New Orleans. Not a helicopter pilot.

Debut novel. Tracer. On Orbit Books. Out now. Space stations. Parkour. Explosions. G

Outer Earth (3 books)
  • Tracer (Outer Earth #1)
  • Zero-G (Outer Earth #2)