Start by marking “Mini Tab: Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?” as Want to Read:
Mini Tab: Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?

Mini Tab: Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?

(Bill Martin's Bears #4)

Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and the 10th anniversary of Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? with this special, small lift-the-tab board book edition of Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?

Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? is the final collaboration from this bestselling author-illustrator team. Young readers will
Board Book, 24 pages
Published September 6th 2016 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published August 21st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mini Tab, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mini Tab

Start your review of Mini Tab: Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?
Barbara
Having the book available in a larger format than usual as well as the accompanying CD featuring actress Gwyneth Paltrow reading it aloud may charm many young readers. No matter the size of the book or the musical embellishments on the CD, this picture book will also have appeal because of the way each part of the story fits together with the others. Youngsters will enjoy trying to guess what Baby Bear and the other animals see, the description of each animal, the interesting artwork with all ...more
J
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good stuff.
Liz
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fbc-18
Similar to Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, almost to the point of direct repetition. But this one is slightly superior in that it has a more appealing trajectory, fewer fake animals, and far more words for children to learn.
Aidalys Nazario
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this collection of books. These are the books that keep young children interested and wanting to read. The children get to learn about different animals and different colors. This book teaches so many things to children. The illustrations are realistic yet not too scary for the children. I love it.
Desiree Schirg
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This book is a sequel to the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?. In this story a baby bear is in search of finding it's mother. The baby bear meets many North American animals that appear along the way. Many of these animals are not familiar animals to younger students such as a blue heron or mule deer. I can see students wanting to research and learn more about these unfamiliar animals and it introduces new vocabulary to students. The descriptive words in the book enhance the imagery ...more
One more, please!
We are big fans of Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See , so when we found this version with Baby Bear we knew we'd be in for a treat. This is cute and my kids enjoyed the different animals that Baby Bear sees along his journey.
Leah
Another beautiful and simple story by Bill Martin.
SaraLaLa
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Pretty much a standard Eric Carl book. It provides a good list of a variety of animals and verbs.
Andréa
I like this one more than the original "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?"
Sarah Adamson
Beautifully illustrated, nice choice of animals and easy words for my beginner reader. Probably the first book she has read 90% of by herself!
Grace Noto
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?
Author: Bill Martin Jr.
Illustrator: Eric Carle
Genre: predictable book
Theme(s): animals, picture book, alliteration, repetition
Opening line/sentence: “Baby bear, baby bear, what do you see?”
Brief book summary: A baby bear goes around seeing all different types of animals. As the book goes on, we see the perspectives of the different animals.
Professional Recommendation/Review #1:
Name of reviewer: Pat Trattles
Name of Source: CLCD
Link:
Alyssa Kleiner
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See?
Author: Bill Martin Jr.
Illustrator: Eric Carle
Genre: Predictable Book
Theme(s): Picture Book, Animals, Family – Mother and Child
Opening line/sentence: Baby Bear, Baby Bear, what do you see?
Brief Book Summary: Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? is a picture book that introduces
children to different animals. Through rhyme and predictable phrases, it also describes the way
animals move.
Professional Recommendation/Review #1:
• Kirkus Review
Krysta
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? by B. Martin and E. Carle is a children’s picture book published in 2007. This book is intended for ages 2-8 and I rated it a 3 out of 5, also read as an ebook. This book follows animals through asking them what they see. At the end, a Mama Bear is united with her baby bear. The pages in the book are white except for the words and the illustration of an animal. At first this was confusing to me but after reading I realized that if there was more on the ...more
Lindsay Soltis
This book is describing all the animals and how they move in real life. Each animal is describing what they see and it gets you familiar with the different kinds of animals. The strengths with this story is that it shows all the animals and they're colors of their fur and how they move everywhere they go. I also like at the end of the story it has different quizzes for the kids to do to get them to comprehend to the story and understand it more. One possible issue is that it does repeat ...more
Andrea Thomas
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: educ378fall2017
Andrea Thomas
11/05/2017

Test to Teaching Connection

Such an awesome book with vivid colors which will allow the children to learn their colors as well as animals. A great classroom activity is to ask each student what was their favorite animal and the what was the animals color? We can also put up a chart and write down the response that each child give us and see what animal received the most likes. Then allow each child to draw and color their favorite animal and ask each student why they liked
Brianna
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 401
Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? is a rhyming book about a baby bear looking for it's mother and seeing everything but. It could be a good book for very early readers during shared reading. They can 'read' the beginning of most pages following the books formula and the teachers reading of the last part of the page prior. While they are doing this they see the teacher following along left to right, top to bottom, turning pages, and using picture cues. It would be a good resource for ...more
Kenyatta Hicks-cooper
I love this book. The kids will love the books because of the animals that were used. Also the kids will love this book because the animals are so very colorful. The author used animals that are very kid friendly. The book also follows the same pattern that would be easy for an early reader to understand. The cover has you fooled because you think you are going to read about bears but once you open the book the children will be pleasantly surprised when they see all the different animals.
Meredith
A succession of animals, beginning with a baby bear, are asked what they see.

This book introduces young readers to animals native to North America. It features rhyming repetitive text, which allows small children to anticipate what will happen next and participate in the story, as well as Eric Carle's classic illustrations.
Adrith Bicchieri
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Classic Eric Carle illustrations combine with this great text for storytime for kids who are a little older than the Brown Bear, Brown Bear crowd. The illustrations are more subtly colored, evoking the natural coloration of the animals presented, and the animal actions described are more varied, and active instead of the passive "looking at me" from the original Brown Bear.

I will be adding this to my Saturday storytime repertoire for sure.
Alex
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a wonderful little story by Bill Martin Jr. With illustrations by Eric Carle, the reader gets to enjoy the beautiful curiosity of a bear cub and mother bear. The fun rhythm of the story follows the bear and her cub seeing other animals. I loved the story, and absolutely loved the beautiful illustrations by Eric Carl that accompanied it!
Stephanie
The genre for this book is fiction. This book does a great job in terms of illustrations and dialogue. The baby bear was moving through and meeting a bunch of new animals on the way. He eventually found hit mom at the end. I thought it was a wonderful story for new readers to use when they are first beginning to read!
Roben
This was recommended as a possible read-aloud for a Camping storytime. I don't think I would have thought of it like that - but it's really perfect since all of the animals are North American animals that you might encounter or hear about while camping or exploring a park. Could also be used for bears or moms.
Sean Harding
Fourth and final collaboration between Martin and Carle and more bears etc with basically the same story if you call it that repeated.
More of Carle's distinctive art work.
This well is truly over visited now.
Eric Carle #46/89
Carolyn Jeziorski
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is great for preschool read alouds. This one had a variety of animals in North America. Some of them were new to my international students, so I did some extra pictures and explanations. They recognized the mama from Brown Bear, Brown Bear...
Maygan Cygert
Low Fantasy
K-2nd
This is a nice spin off of “Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you see?” After awhile this book feels repetitive, but it helps kids with animal association. This book also is very descriptive in actions that the animals make. Such as a snake slithering, etc.
Asho
My 2 1/2-year-old enjoyed "reading" this to me, turning the pages and telling me the name of each animal. Some of them are a bit more obscure and challenging for a 2-year-old to name, but she still insisted on doing the reading for us with this one. There was a lot of, "What's that?!"
Gatto
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edu-333
This story is the must read sequel to the hit "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?"
The plot is a bit of a knockoff to the first one. The characters are equally developed.

I would use it with kindergarten and below. Students could write and draw their own page to add to the story.
Hannah
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
Uses animals that are all indigenous to North America. Excellently done.
Cara
It was my son's turn to read this book and he really enjoyed it.
Sarah Kohn
Simple book with various Canadian wild animals. Pretty repetitive.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• On the Night You Were Born
  • Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)
  • The Very Quiet Cricket
  • Happy Hippo, Angry Duck
  • The Going to Bed Book
  • 1, 2, 3 to the Zoo
  • If You Give a Cat a Cupcake
  • Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
  • Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother, Too?
  • Moo, Baa, La La La!
  • Planting a Rainbow
  • Where Is Baby's Belly Button?
  • Never Touch a Dinosaur
Bill Martin, Jr. (1916-2004) was an elementary-school principal, teacher, writer, and poet. His more than 300 books, among them the bestselling classics Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See; Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear; Panda Bear Panda Bear What Do You See; and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, are a testament to his ability to speak directly to children. Martin held a doctoral degree in early ...more

Bill Martin's Bears (4 books)
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?
  • Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?