Start by marking “Glimpses of Light” as Want to Read:
Glimpses of Light

Glimpses of Light

Be challenged, captivated and moved by these imaginative reflections on faith, help in time of need, joy in the midst of tragedy, and surprising encounters with God.

During 2015, the International Year of Light, twenty-one authors from Australia and the United States have come together to explore the theme of 'glimpses of light'—finding light in dark places—through short st
Published December 15th 2015 by By the Light Books

To ask other readers questions about Glimpses of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glimpses of Light

Start your review of Glimpses of Light
Jeanette
Glimpses of Light has taken up much of my and, my co-editor, Nola Passmore's time in 2015. We've seen it develop from an idea into a reality.

I've been thrilled at the enthusiasm and dedication of our contributors and have enjoyed reading the poems, stories and creative non-fiction that was selected by the editorial team (including our back-up judges).

It's been wonderful having multi-published and award winning authors contributing as well as 'newbies'.

I particularly have enjoyed the number of
Adam Collings
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wouldn't ordinarily rate or review a book I was a part of, but since my story is only a very small part of a much greater whole I'm making an exception.

The stories in this collection really are top-notch. I loved reading everybody else's contributions. I give my heartfelt congratulations to all the other authors and feel greatly privileged to stand beside you all.

I am very proud of my story and hope that others will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Ruth Bonetti
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an excellent celebration of the International Year of Light – an anthology around the theme of light. This group of authors (Christian Writers Downunder) offer a fascinating diversity of styles and moods.
It is difficult to nominate only some of the most memorable from an overall consistently high standard. I chortled through Kaleidoscope by Adele Jones who draws characters with impish humour; 'Amy's voice had the sting of a box jellyfish, leaving him paralysed.' She has an astute eye for bo
R.J. Rodda
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A mixed bag of stories and poems around the theme of light. Some were very good. I particularly enjoyed The Last Blood Moon by Charis Joy Jackson, Ruhanna's Flight by Jeanette O'Hagan, From Darkness by Lynette Stringer, A Light to My Path by Adam David Collins and Stone Bearer by Kirsten Hart - I do really enjoy fantasy and SF and these were great. I also was a bit touched by Revelation by Jo-Anne Berthelsen which was presumably a true story and will no doubt remember Edward: On going alone by C ...more
Dale Harcombe
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
As part of a blog tour my review is up on my write and read with Dale blog today
Mimi
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Glimpses of Light contains stories and poems of imagination and hope. I was stoked that my submission for this anthology was accepted and even more jazzed when I received my copy.

I feel proud and humbled that my name appears next to well-established authors and grateful that I was allowed to contribute.

I enjoyed reading all the stories and poetry in the anthology but one in particular touched my heart. It is called Window Seat and was written by Ellen Carr.

I found her words warm and comforting
Susan Barnes
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction
Glimpses of Light is a collection of 26 stories and poems based around the theme of light. The collection was put together in 2015 which was the International Year of Light. Profits from the book go appropriately to CBM (formerly Christian Blind Mission).

It's always surprising to read the vastly different reflections that writers can have on a theme – some serious, some light-hearted, some imaginative and some factual. I enjoyed the wide variety of writing styles and the diversity of genres. It
Ellen Carr
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'll mention up-front that I'm one of the contributors to this anthology. I am privileged to have two of my poems included amongst the wonderful stories and other poems, all related to the theme of light.
I very much enjoyed reading all the stories and poems and found them to be very engaging and well-written. I have my favorites of course, but every contribution is very good indeed. The mixture of genres, all on the same theme, provides great variety. There is science fiction, fantasy, personal
Iola
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This anthology is a mix of short fiction, longer fiction, poetry, and a couple of non-fiction pieces, all around the theme of light. Several are fantasy stories, and each of the authors to an excellent job of condensing a lot of world building and plot into a small space.

I’m normally a fiction reader I do have to say I liked the two non-fiction pieces best, especially the final piece from Jo-Anne Berthelsen. I also surprised myself by liking one of the short poems! It’s a varied and enjoyable se
Anne Hamilton
Enormously enjoyable anthology. It's rare to find a general anthology that has more than a token speculative fiction piece but this has several and they are uniformly excellent. There isn't a single instance where I didn't want more - I wanted a full-blown novel, not just a short story.

Rich, robust and welcoming fare.
Kate Hilly
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-reads
'Loved the upbeat and encouraging story lines. So many different plots and settings that the reads are engaging from beginning to finish. Loved it and enjoy going back for another dip into its pages. No spoilers here - just a big recommendation to try it :) ...more
katina Thompson
Nov 08, 2017
Bobby Joyner
May 01, 2020
Anusha Atukorala
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Janet
Aug 20, 2017
Vivek
Sep 30, 2017
Robyn
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Don Wood
Aug 26, 2018
Charis Jackson
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: anthology
Beth
rated it did not like it
Mar 28, 2016
Josephine-Anne
Oct 27, 2016
Nola Lorraine
Dec 07, 2015
Anusha Atukorala
Dec 07, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Adele Jones
Dec 07, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ian
Dec 08, 2015
Lynne Stringer
Dec 12, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
Ted
Rosalie Culp
Amanda
My review 1 5 Mar 30, 2016 10:02AM
Jeanette O'Hagan spun tales in the world of Nardva from the age of eight. She enjoys writing fantasy, sci-fi, poetry, and editing.

Her Nardvan stories span continents, millennia and cultures. Some involve shapeshifters and magic. Others include space stations, plasma rifles and cyborgs.

She has published over thirty stories and poems including the five books in her YA epic fanasty - Under the Moun