Start by marking “Paper Girls #5” as Want to Read:
Paper Girls #5

Paper Girls #5

(Paper Girls (Single Issues) #5)

END OF STORY ARC!

The first arc of the smash-hit ongoing series concludes with major revelations and another game-changing cliffhanger.
36 pages
Published February 3rd 2016 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Paper Girls #5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Girls #5

Crini
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
And now waiting until June for the next arc to begin >.<
Letande D'Argon
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
... now with a nice Back to the Future touch. Like I said in my previous reviews, nowadays it's hard to find a comic that keeps you interested in it long enough. And yet, here we are. It's issue #5 and Paper Girls comic is still extremely interesting. Didn't make me yawn even once. Which is a rare thing, trust me. It still isn't properly explained what's going on, but the things sure get more and more complicated. Yet another issue that makes you want more and more of this. Looks like I'm gettin ...more
Adira
The first five volumes of this series was too confusing. The plot felt like it was all over the place and even though the villains were shown in the artwork, the writer never explained who or what the other characters actually were outside of the paper girls. Not to mention, the characters all seemed to just "know" random things to solve their problems instantly without the writers fully drawing out the plot for the readers. Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with this series and don't think I'd w ...more
Diamond
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow cliffhanger!! Can't wait for the next one.
Jammin Jenny
Another great comic! Five futuristic stars!
A.
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm glad that this answered some questions, whereas the previous comic didn't, but it also created a lot more questions I have and I have a feeling that this series is going to end up being quite a long one (I think there's only eight so far?). It's SO interesting, and I'm so happy I continued despite me not loving the art style a whole lot. I really want to know more about the paper girls. Their character development is still a mere okay at best, but it's getting there. The world/s building is, ...more
Diana Habashneh
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
one of the greatest art i've ever seen
Solace Winter
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm still not really sure what is going on, who is helping who, why anyone is doing what they are doing, and now it's starting to grow tedious not knowing anything.
Jordanne Smith
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like Paper Girls a lot but I’m feeling like the stories are dragging a little bit now. Am still really enjoying them and would recommend, had an interesting twist but the rest of the comic didn’t stick out to me at all.
Darinda
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, comics
Weird. Fun. Looking forward to more of this series.
Anna Heidick
The crazy endings to these issues are really good.
Lau Vargas
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novela-gr-fica, 2018
WHAAAAAT!!!
Samah Rifla
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
One thing to say is Brian K. Vaughan knows how to catch my breath and make me read the next issue in a heartbeat!!!!!!
alis
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
holy sht it was real good, it's included scary things, time travel,
Vincenzo Ravina
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Paper Girls is so damn good. My least favourite thing is having to wait in between volumes.
Swati
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i thought end of story arc means answers, not more questions. This was superb. don't wanna say much but is the oldy some form of steve jobs, GOK. AND ohh the cliff hanger. this is great.
Justin
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
All around crazy issue. I liked the craziness and there was a lot to digest here, but I also think the story needs to slow down. Being this is an arc-ending issue before the series' first hiatus, I'm hoping the story takes a deep breath and backtracks a little when we see the next issue.

(view spoiler)
Ana
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bloody brilliant series and conclusion to this story arc!!

Having said that, I realize that I had the tremendously unfair advantage (by choice, mind you, since I waited to read the first issue until February!) of having access to all five issues relatively around the same time, eliminating the waiting period many other dedicated readers experienced.

If anything, this mind-boggling, time-traveling saga (pun totally intended) and its monthly cliffhangers are a reminder (albeit an incredibly frustrat
Malu
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
OH MY GOD THIS WAS SO GOOD THIS WAS SO SO GOOD I CAN'T.
Paige
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: single-issues
I'm beginning to lose the thrill of buying single issues for this one. It's just so many cliffhangers. Oh something little happens; here's another cliffhanger. I still really like the series, but I don't know if it's as good in the monthly format. The trade paper back will have all the cliffhangers and then you just move to the next issue and you don't have to wait another agonizing month hoping that something will be explained and then be mildly disappointed when its not. Also I've realized the ...more
Melanie
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Now a couple of weeks wait till part 6 comes out and what an odd cliff hanger! I don't give spoilers but wasn't expecting that. Still not a massive amount of ideas as to what is happening, by the girls have sure kept me amused and the story is good too. I still love the art work in this and can't wait to see what happens in part 6 - 4 stars.
Mersini
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have a great love for this series. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the fact that there are girls doing a job widely considered for boys. Maybe it's their badassery. Maybe it's the fact that it's 80s America and there's time travellers and alien languages and a hint of things to come. But I'm recommending this to everyone.
Carolina
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The idea of Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang working together left me very excited from the very beginning, being both people that I always admire their work.
I was not disappointed whatsoever. Paper Girls is funny, dark and very entertaining at the same time!
Tamara
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
The characters are great! One of them has two moms! I should be reading these closer together though as I feel like I'm missing out on aspects of the plot. This is the conclusion of the first arc I think, and it's starting up again in June. I looooove the colour palette.
Angela Burkhead
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it
It is incredibly difficult to get a solid storyline out of any individual comic in this series so far... It's still the first day of all that's been happening. Can we have a bit more info? A little more drive to the plot? Thanks.
Garrison
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Interest in this series is fading fast. I like the art and have hopes that it'll click sometime soon, but it seems each release is offering so little into what could happen with this team of girls. Who should we really hope/want them to side with? Snooze.
Colin Cox
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a clever conclusion to a fun, witty little series. It's my understanding that the book will take a hiatus until June or July, so I'm curious to see what the creative team decides to do with this story.
Natalie
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
ok......so when is a new issue coming out? what a cliffhanger. 2 Erins in the same time??? is young Erin in the future??
Krystal
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
2.5- 3 stars

• Bitch Planet #5
  • L'Incal: Ce qui est en bas (The Incal, #3)
  • The Wicked + The Divine #16
  • Wytches #6
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. VI of X (V for Vendetta, #6)
  • Rat Queens #11
  • Kill or be Killed #1
  • Black Magick #1
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Paper Girls (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Paper Girls #1