Start by marking “Ride Rough (Raven Riders, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ride Rough (Raven Riders, #2)

Ride Rough

(Raven Riders #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  2,029 Ratings  ·  327 Reviews
Brotherhood. Club. Family.
They live and ride by their own rules.
These are the Raven Riders...

Maverick Rylan won’t apologize for who he is—the Raven Riders Motorcycle Club Vice-President, a sought-after custom bike builder, and a man dedicated to protecting those he loves. So when he learns that the only woman who has ever held his heart is in trouble, he’ll move heaven and
Published April 25th 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Ride Rough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ride Rough

XxTainaxX
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I've got to say that while I liked Maverick, I was not a fan of Alexa. (view spoiler) ...more
Sabrina
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I made the mistake of getting behind with Laura Kaye's Hard Ink series and fully regret it, so I am fully determined to not make that same mistake with this series. Especially not since it's going so well for me already. Ride Rough was amazing and these characters were crazy sexy so I just couldn't get enough of them. This was also my second second-chance romance that I read over the weekend so maybe I've been converted to a lover of this trope.

Maverick and Alexa had a sizzling chemistry that w
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 0888ae2b68c343c72c720ed44cce76_zpsxmqpmm3v.gif

Obsessed! Laura Kaye has me once again addicted to the men of The Raven Riders. How could I not when Laura Kaye continues to give readers like myself swoonworthy protective alpha heroes with heart. Yes, the Raven Riders are your completely different MC bikers. First, their personalities are a riot and secondly, they have this hard exterior but have this compassionate and protective nature that pulls you in. And let me just say, Maverick Ryl
Shayna
I've fallen pretty HARD for this series, and even HARDER for Maverick Rylan, VP of the Seven Riders MC. His dedication and loyalty to the people he loves it just so DAMN sexy! Laura Kaye brings her a-game in her latest installment of the highly addictive MC Romance series. Explosive sexual tension, and enough emotion that will bring you to your knees, RIDE ROUGH was an all out sexy and suspenseful read. I couldn't look away once I began and I wanted to savor it, yet devour it in one fell swoop.

♥ℳelody
1.75 star
So I generally don't like 2nd chance love stories. And this unfortunately was another example of why. All sense of wonder, new discovery and milestones a couple hit when they get to know each other and fall in love the first time are completely taken out of the story so you are only given sporadic second hand information of the couple's past history which already happened off the page. Where is the fun in that?

Nowhere.

Only reason I made myself read this was because I want to read Book
Katie Reus
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Laura Kaye is a master at writing sexual tension! Ride Rough grabs you and won’t let go until the final page!
Gretchen  (About That Story)
Ride Rough was AWESOME! It was a riveting story that was emotional and intense with fantastic characters. I loved it and was completely captivated. I was seriously on the edge of my seat. Such a fantastic series!

Right from the beginning I was all in! Maverick and Alexa have a heck of a story. I loved them reconnecting and could feel their pull, they had great chemistry. There was so much past pain and hurt but still so much underlying love and them coming back together had me cheering. I thought
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
When you fall in love for the first time it is often said that you never forget your first love and in a lot of instances you may very well stay together forever. However, as wonderful as that sounds, it doesn’t always work out that way.

Alexa and Maverick were in love as teenagers and he thought that nothing would ever break them apart, until Alexa did just that when she walked away from him, leaving him stunned and broken hearted.

Five years later and Alexa is now engaged to another man. Grant
Lover of Romance
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance Summary
Maverick Rylan, the Vice President of the Raven Riders, is worried about his girl, a woman he has loved for years who is in trouble.  Alexa Harmon, once was in love with Maverick when she was young but when her brother died, she pushed him away. Alexa has rebuilt her life, she now has a career in interior design, a handsome fiancee and a beautiful home, what more could she ask for. But when her fiancee Grant, starts to become ev
Heather andrews
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Maverick he was not bashful, “I want to pin you against my truck and kiss the eff out of you. I want to put my hands on you. Everywhere. I want to push those sexy little pants off your even sexier *** and make you wet with my fingers until you’re crying out my name. While all those eyes behind that dark glass are watching. While Slater’s watching.” I loved this book, Maverick was protecrive and sweet.
Laura Kaye always writes such irresistible male leads and Maverick is no exception to that rule. He's a badass biker who is willing to bend the rules when he needs to along with the rest of his MC, the Raven Riders, but they put any profits they make towards helping women escape from dangerous situations so it's very hard to fault them for it. There is one woman in particular that Maverick is worried about right now though and that's his ex-girlfriend (and the only woman he has ever loved) Alexa ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Ride Rough the second book in Laura Kaye’s Raven Riders series deals with the heavy subject of partner abuse both mentally and physically and while it was handled extremely well , I didn’t enjoy this book as much as I did the first book in this series. Don’t misunderstand, it was well written and the characters were compelling, but I struggled with part of the story and there was so much going on in this book that I felt the couple got a bit lost in the rest of the story instead of being the foc
Heroesinbooks
4.5 Maverick and Alexa Stars

This great series continues with the Vice President-Maverick's story. He is such a likeable hero- loyal, alpha, funny and solid. He gets a second chance with the girl who broke his heart five years ago. Alexa left Mav after her brother, his best friend , died. She's about to marry a guy who has it all on the outside but inside is a monster.
Triggers include domestic violence.
HEA? Yes
Cheating? No
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, ebooks-i-own
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

The second book in the Raven Riders series is about Maverick and Alexa. They used to date until she left him hoping for a better and more stable life for her and her mother after the death of her brother. We get our first glimpse of Alexa in the first book when five years later, she’s knocking back on the Raven’s door with bruises. Maverick only wants to help her, but she refuses to admit she needs help and apologize for coming.

The second book continue
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Ride Rough is book two in the Raven Riders series by Laura Kaye. I loved this one.

Maverick and Alexa have a past, but they or I should say she broke it off. She just wasn’t ready and of course she’s moved own. Now she’s engaged to a man she thinks will give her everything she ever wanted. Maverick made a vow to watch over Alexa whether she is in his life or not. These two might just find a second chance.

WOW, it’s hard to read about abuse, of any kind, on anyone. The author vividly portrayed what
Dark Faerie Tales
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A relationship that is going all wrong and even dangerous, can the flame from her past save her?

Opening Sentence: Alex Harmon tore out of her car and ran into the house, her high heels clicking against the concrete of the three-car garage and then the travertine tiles of the hallway and kitchen.

Excerpt: Yes

The Review:

Alexa should be happy. She is two weeks away from marrying the man of her dreams, but instead, she feels sick to her stomach.
Chanel Cleeton
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sexy and emotional romance that will capture your heart.
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Les Raven Riders sont de retour et sans surprise c’est sur Maverick et Alexa que les choses se concentrent cette fois-ci. On s’en doutait après avoir vu Alexa débouler dans le tome précédent avec le visage abîmé et effrayée, avant de disparaitre à nouveau et laisser derrière elle un Maverick dans tous ses états. Laura Kaye continue de nous faire vibrer avec ses bikers au cœur tendre et tout ce qu’on pouvait souhaiter de mieux !

Maverick est le VP des Raven Riders et le cousin de Dare, ce qui veut
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog:

Can I just say that I love Laura Kaye's books. I just can't help myself, the second I pick one up I know my day is shot. I just hate to put them down! She has a wonderful way of making your heart break and pissing you off!

Are you intrigued? You should be!

She's great at balancing suspense with romance. What I love is that you know her books are clocked full of suspense but the romance is still the important part of
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating:

“You. Us. A future. Our history, even the fucked-up parts.”

One of the reasons I don't read blurbs is I wanted to be surprised, especially when I'm reading a series I have my radar into. I was so excited it was Mav's story, and even more excited what's in store for this series.

I've been a Hard Ink fan, and every now and then, I wish I'd see read a glimpse of them and I always wish, there's some of them in the Raven Riders although that would mean bloody.

“To potect her, to comfort h
MountainKat
*4++ Stars*

Laura Kaye's writing works for me. I think I have loved everything I've read. This was no exception! I loved Mav and Alexa, loved seeing their second chance and loved their happy ending! I could feel their emotions and it was intense. I am looking forward to more - Laura Kaye, write faster!!

I listened to the audio with Abby Craden narration and enjoyed it.

ETA: There are lots of unanswered questions/issues at the end of this. I really hope they are answered in the next book!
J.E. Benoit
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict (www.bookboyfriendaddict.com). A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 Stars

“I thought I said you shouldn’t be keeping an eye on me?” Though she didn’t manage to put the heat behind the words she probably should have.
“I have a problem with listening,” he said with a smirk.
“No kidding.”

There’s just something about a good second chance love story that makes them so darn addicting and I have to say that Laura Kaye de
Kim
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
We saw Alexa Harmon show up briefly at the Raven Riders clubhouse in Ride Hard seeking help from her ex boyfriend and old friend, Club VP, Maverick Rylan. But she took off again and went back to her new life. Alexa resurfacing in Maverick's life brings out his need to protect her. So he is not going to let her disappear again without seeing if she is really okay.

Their history is twisted together. She was his late best friend's little sister, his friend, and the only girl he ever loved.
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
RIDE ROUGH embodies all that is raw, beautiful and sometimes painful about love: passion, emotion, vulnerability. It was both fun and sometimes hard to read because of the domestic violence angle, but for the most part I loved it. The chemistry between these two characters was electric and their feelings for each other powerful enough to overcome any obstacles or issues.

Alexa Harmon turned her back on the only family she had and walked away from the man she loved when her brother died and has s
Elizabeth Neal
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Maverick, the Raven Riders VP, has only loved one woman since he was a teenager, his best friend's sister, Alexa. However, when his best friend died five years ago, Alexa left, taking his heart with her. He tried to move on, unsuccessfully so, and instead concentrates on helping women in child out of dangerous situations, such as he and his Mom experienced.

Alexa loved Maverick with all that she was, but her brother's death and the circumstances behind it, leave her in fear for Maverick's life as
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Readers were left with some questions about Maverick and Alexa after book 1. It was great to see them heal and move forward together.

Great MC in this series. A bit above the law but with a golden heart toward serving those less fortunate. Love them all. As always, we get a bit of suspense and action thrown in with the romance. I also love all the women connected to this group of rough and tumble men. Lots of strength on their own but even better with their loves.

Looking forward to more from th
Heather Emery
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. I liked it better than the first book of the series too. I loved Maverick, but Alexa bothered me throughout the book. The characters were all strong and made me laugh which was great. The plot moved perfectly and I never felt rushed or that I was missing something.
Bambi Unbridled
description

Laura Kaye is back with her next installment of the Raven Riders series... the biker gang that is more altruistic than outlaw, using their collective power for good by helping abuse victims. Ride Rough picks up shortly after Ride Hard left off, and I recommend you read the books in order so you have the back story on the characters, MC club and past events.

The heroine of this second installment is Alexa Harmon, who we met briefly in Ride Hard when she showed up at the compound bloody and bruised
Kat Valentine
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alexa wanted to have a great home,a awesome career and a great guy to love and just as she's about to have it all her fiancé grant starts showing his not so awesome side.he's a controlling, bully and has also become physically abusive.Alexa can't take it anymore and turns to her ex boyfriend raven rider maverick.Alexa didn't want to be a part of this world,but with dealing with a abusive fiance and a mother who is mentally ill ,she runs back to the one man who's always been a protector and been ...more
Kristin
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it
We met Alexa briefly in the last book when she showed up at the MC club shaken and bruised. However, she didn't stick around long and wound up going back to her fiance. Ride Rough starts off with Alexa fretting over being late to get home and have dinner waiting on the table for her fiance. Right away you are aware that something isn't right. She's worked a full day at his company and she's in a panic that she won't be presentable and have dinner on the table by the time he walks through the doo ...more
Read Hard - Laura...: Ride Rough #2 Alexa & Maverick 2 18 Aug 02, 2016 05:14PM
  • Brighter Than the Sun (KGI, #11)
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • Rules of Contact (Play by Play, #12)
  • Just What I Needed (Need You, #2)
  • Ink Exposed (Montgomery Ink, #6)
  • Taken (LOST, #5)
  • Fathomless
  • The Darkest Link (Second Circle Tattoos, #4)
  • Fighting Attraction (Redemption, #4)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Shadow Falling (The Scorpius Syndrome, #2)
  • On Broken Wings (Wild Aces, #3)
  • Defy the Dawn (Midnight Breed, #14)
  • Axed (Extreme Risk, #4)
  • Dirty Sexy Sinner (Dirty Sexy,  #4)
  • Unwritten (Woodlands, #5)
  • Southern Nights & Secrets (The Boys are Back in Town, #4)
  • Untitled (The OGs, #2)
Laura Kaye is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary and erotic romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink, Raven Riders, Blasphemy, Heroes, and Hearts of the Anemoi series. Laura's hot, heartfelt stories are all about the universal desire for a place to belong. Laura grew up amidst family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses, cementing her lif ...more

Raven Riders (3 books)
  • Ride Hard (Raven Riders, #1)
  • Ride Wild (Raven Riders, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
“Alexa,” Lillian said, “how someone treats you is a reflection of them, not you.” 1 likes
“Love...love is the only thing that doesn't hurt. So many people are afraid of it. I think I was five years ago. Afraid that loving you would hurt me, one way or the other. But love doesn't hurt. Abuse hurts, and loneliness hurts, and jealousy hurts, and lies hurt. But love? Love heals. Love puts back together things that were broken before. Which is what you've done for me. So promising you, that's easy. I don't want to be anywhere else but with you. No matter what.” 1 likes