Start by marking “Beyond the Gateway (The Reapers Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Gateway (The Reapers Trilogy #2)

Beyond the Gateway

(The Reapers Trilogy #2)

Beyond the Gateway is book #2 in The Reapers Trilogy. Reapers collect the souls of the dead, including wayward ghosts who wander the city streets, and transport them to the eternal Gateway, believing they are going to a better place. But are they?

Phoenix and Shanghai find a holographic recording left behind by a fellow Reaper who was recently executed. The mess
Published November 22nd 2015 by Scrub Jay Journeys

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Gateway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Gateway

Tracey Dyck
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Oh. My. Goodness. Beyond the Gateway blew my expectations out of the water in a really, really good way!!! Review to come!
Victoria Howell
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of creativity and fun twists. Full review tomorrow!
Alyssa
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review coming!!!
A.M. Reynwood
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: indie
This second book in the trilogy took me longer to get through than the first installment; sequels are usually hard to make as great as the first, and I felt like that here. Yes, it deals a lot with questions of morality and faith ─ both very good subjects ─ but at times it felt awfully preachy, some things dragged out a bit too long, and the dialogue didn't always feel natural. It is quite obviously Christian fantasy for a Christian audience, and there is nothing wrong with that at all, but I do ...more
C.M.
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always, Bryan Davis writes a gripping tale with incredible depth. Just layers upon layers of motives, character development, and intrigue. He is truly a master of the craft.
I almost didn't read this book, because the first novel was so depressing I couldn't stand it. Thankfully I decided to give the series another chance and this one was much better. It's still very bittersweet - leaning toward bitter - but this time we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I truly hope our characters
Margarita Rose
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. It is a way to witness without saying a word. Really like the characters. You get emotionally attached to them. This book made me cry.
Kaylie Taliaferro
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved the first book in the series, Reaper, for its great set up in the world that its characters inhabit. I always love reading Bryan Davis' books because he weaves together such a wonderfully, believable world that feels so real. This second installment did a great job of building on that enriched world and adds great moral dilemmas for our main character, Phoenix, which I enjoyed. Can't wait for the third book!
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beyond the Gateway is a definite improvement over the first Reapers book. I think the fact that Sing is no longer in the story very much helps- while I wanted to like her, I got mixed messages from her, and she and Shanghai blended together. Here, Shanghai gets her chance to shine, we get some answers, and the murky waters of this world become a bit more clear.
Rebekah Marinos Dean
Katie Williams
Dec 08, 2015
Aidan
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beyond the Gateway is the sequel to the book Reapers by Bryan Davis. This book continues after the events of The Reaper where Phoenix tries to get to the gateway and take down the Gatekeeper. A lot of struggles and betrayal happened in this book and I feel like it was a very good book and would recommend it if you liked the first one.
Keturah
Val
Mar 18, 2019
Noah
Jul 21, 2019
Bryan Davis is the author several speculative-fiction series, including Dragons in Our Midst, Oracles of Fire, Children of the Bard, The Reapers Trilogy, The Time Echoes Trilogy, Tales of Starlight, and Dragons of Starlight.

Bryan lives in western Tennessee with his wife, Susie. Bryan and Susie have homeschooled their four girls and three boys.

Bryan was born in 1958 and grew up in the

The Reapers Trilogy (3 books)
  • Reapers (Reapers, #1)
  • Reaper Reborn  (Reapers, #3)