Start by marking “Needing to Fall” as Want to Read:
Needing to Fall

Needing to Fall

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  601 Ratings  ·  146 Reviews
Have you ever sunk inside yourself to a place of darkness so deep you couldn’t see the light? Had no hope? Felt completely alone in a world filled with so many people?

I have. I’ve lived it, breathed it.

Why?

Because life hated me.

It disliked me from the moment of conception, despised me when I was born, loathed me when I bounced from each foster home, and kicked me in the

To ask other readers questions about Needing to Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Needing to Fall

Katie
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 knowledge is power stars

description
"Happiness was giving your heart to someone you know would protect it with every breath they took."

Wow. This one was emotional and dark book...and of course, I LOVED IT!

First, I have to give props to the author- the subject matter, although very dark, was handled beautifully. Depression is a very misunderstood disease and those who have never experienced it, could never imagine the true effect that this disease has on a person and the people around them. Reign, the h
Taryn

My first read of 2016 and it ends up being 5 stars. That's never happened before!

Review to come!
Elle's Book Blog
Published: 2016

:: 5 Pretty Little Stars ::

Dark, emotional, intense, and beautifully told- Needing to Fall takes readers on a tough journey that will open their minds and hearts to some very serious issues. The author gives us a sensitive but honest look at the after effects of severe abuse and PTSD in this novel while also rolling in a beautiful love story that will make everyone’s heart melt. This is one of those books that must be read this year. I fell in love with it from the minute I pi
Lani
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was just beautiful. Highly recommend it!
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
I've read quite a few of this authors previous books and loved them. I absolutely adored this story and it's my favourite of this authors to date.

My heart was in pieces reading Reign and Lynx stories. They have been through so much heartache that I needed them to find happiness.

This is a raw and emotional story with great twists and turns. It's not an easy quick read. I felt it was emotional and heart breaking. The author did a great job of writing about some difficult topics.

Highly recommend
Becca - ✭Little Red Reading Hood✭
5 Healing-Takes-Time Stars!

Oh, my dear, this is how a unique and brave story looks like! I never thougt this story will be so captivating. This topic is very dangerous. But I never felt it miserable but of course, it wasn't like baby's laughing. This story was like real life. You know, PTSD is nothing like the cold, it won't be gone easily. It needs attention. And this book showed us how to recover. It takes time. But if you have help your fight can be so much easier.

description

So, I don't really know why
Kathryn Kelly
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Needing To Fall was touching, emotional, and very, very deep. As a person who has suffered with depression for most of my life, I understood Reign due to my own battles. (view spoiler) ...more
Natalie
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Is currently free to read on kindle unlimited.
Had never heard of this book but this was such a dark and emotional story about two people dealing with really dark pasts. I liked how they portrayed the depression and ptsd and that there is no magical fix and that they had to get themselves better but help each other along the way. I just think the mental illness was portrayed well but do be reminded of you suffer with depression ptsd or sucidal thoughts this book could be a trigger. I loved how s
Danielle
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
If you've read Ryan Michele before you probably think you know what you're going to get with Needing to Fall. You. Are. Wrong.

Needing to Fall is the most emotionally taxing and inspirational novel from Ryan Michele to date. I was in tears by Chapter 2 and was left breathless by The End.

Reign... oh my goodness what do you say about a character that makes you want to climb into the pages to hold them? She is the manifestation of the depths the human psyche can plummet. I died for this woman.

"Th
Panty Scorching: 3
Over All Rating: 4.5
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Lindsey

I don't even know how to put into words what I just finished reading. Ryan Michelle just completely knocked the breath out of me with this beautiful book. It was simply amazing and heartfelt.

I have never been a big fan of books with emotions that pull the heart strings. I'm super emotional anyway so I tend to stay away. But with this book I had to read it. There was no not reading it. Reig
Glenna Maynard
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
an emotional read. I have to let my thoughts settle before writing my review.

This book dealt with some heavy topics giving you an in-depth look at what a struggle it is to live with depression and PTSD. Reign is struggling to keep living when the pull to end it all is so strong. She meets someone who changes her life for the better and the lease expected of places. The connection they share is instant but not really in an insta-love way, though at times it felt the relationship was moving faster
Lucia Franco
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Needing to Fall is completely different from Ryan Michele's other titles-- my favorite of hers yet. Packed full of emotion, this novel took me by surprise and left me questioning so much. Not about the story, but about life in general, how people find the courage to move on and love again after traumatic, earth shattering events. It's somewhat dark and the emotional pain the characters deal with was like a weight on my chest. I felt every single thing, something I crave in my reads. Well done!
Anne Mercier
When I started Needing To Fall, I wasn’t sure what to expect so I braced myself, and it’s a good thing I did. Reign’s pain is palpable. With each word I felt her emotions mixing with my own, her pain becoming mine. The torment of suffering with PTSD and depression is far-too-common and the devastation of each minimized and understated. They’re real and watching Reign battle her demons is both courageous and heartbreaking. Needing To Fall is Ryan Michele at her very best. Read it. Live it. Feel i ...more
Sara
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read. <3
For all that Reign had been through, and all that Lynx had been through... I admire both their strength in life... Reading their journeys ... it was sad yet it turned beautiful.
And Lynx, what a true man he was. <3
Thriona
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Three Chicks
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Review by Jen Skewes

When I first read the blurb for this one I knew it was a book I needed to read. Just a warning it does contain some tough topics such as abuse, depression, PTSD and anxiety. For some people this may be a little too dark for them but this is the exact type of book that catches my interest and that I love. And Ryan Michele did not disappoint. She did an amazing job and handled the tough subject matter in a very delicate way. From the moment that I read the prologue I was
Jenny Jo Weir
Needed to read.

I've had this book on my "to-read" shelf for a while. I fell in love with the cover and bought it a long time ago.

I'm a pretty happy person so the book didn't speak to me as much as it probably does to those suffering with depression but I'm still glad I checked it out. I appreciate the authors honestly about her struggle and the effort she put into this book. Well done.
Lauren
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Ryan Michele has literally topped every single book I have read in the last year with Needing to Fall. This emotional charged journey to the past through the present for these characters will leave you stunned and emotionally broken. Michele takes on an even tougher subject with this marvelous standalone novel. PTSD isn’t uncommon anymore and is not just diagnosed in our country’s brave warriors. Yes, there is a soldier with PTSD in this book, but there’s also a suffering young woman who nearly
Wednesday Stanley
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my...... I'm not sure if I can come up with adequate words for this book..... This book is such an emotional rollercoaster, I'm not sure how many times I had to set down my kindle and take a breather. Before I chucked my kindle across the room from the emotions running through me.

Sure I've read dark books, books dealing with touchy subjects, books dealing with depression, books dealing with PTSD. If it's out there I've probably read it. I knew from the beginning this book to read and wasn't
D
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
So many emotions from this story.
There were difficult subjects addressed in Needing To Fall. Throughout the story, you felt for the characters. On some level you can connect with these characters and others, you could never imagine their burden.
I enjoyed the fact that while the characters suffered incredible trauma, they still had some semblance of strength and felt that there was a small window of hope. The attraction between the two characters was definitely there and their journey throughou
Momma Hellmouth
My Review of Needing To Fall by Ryan Michele
My Rating 5 Heartfelt Stars
First off, I would like to commend Ryan for writing such and intense and highly accurate account of Depression and PTSD and the long term effects they have on people. Bravo!
As I started reading through the darkness of this story, I found that Reign’s story is a journey. A journey of hope and friendship finding yourself and finding the strength’s that are hidden within.
Needing to fall is just that; you have to hit the bottom t
Sadie Grubor
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC review

Reign is not your average girl. She's seen the dark side of life. Surrounded by abuse, neglect, pain, and horrors, there is only one bright light in her life. When that is snuffed out, she falls so deep into the darkness that she's not sure she wants to come out of it.

Enter Lynx, tall, intimidating, cocky, and damaged Lynx. He has his own demons, his own nightmares, but from the moment he squares off with Reign, Lynx sees - for the first time in a long long journey of dark - his light.
jeanette
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Happiness was giving your heart to someone you knew would protect it with every breath they took.

PTSD and Depression, are two illnesses that can sometimes go hand in hand. Just like Reign , a woman who was dealt a shitty hand from day one. Raised by a mother and father who wanted nothing to do with her.... Being throw back and forth in the messed up world of foster care.... Where she was abused mentally and physically... But her light was a boy named Drew.... Drew who didn't see past seventeen
TheBookGoddess
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What do you say when a book has left you speechless. When you have been on one of the biggest emotional roller coasters you can imagine with a book. That is where I m at right now. I literally don't know what to say and I mean that in the best possible way.

This book and it's characters ( Reign and Lynx) are unlike any others I have ever encountered. This book is something completely different from what Ryan has given us in the past and it was absolute perfection and the most imperfect way! This
Kelly w/ BOOKS to LUST BY
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received Needing To Fall as an ARC. I just want to tell you that it was the greatest book I have ever read. My father and my daughter are both bipolar and I suffer with severe depression and anxiety. I felt like this book really informed people. No doubt, it's gonna help the people who read it.
Reign is a damaged foster child who cannot escape her past.
Lynx is a damaged war veteran who has PTSD.
When they are throw together, can Reign overcome the hell she is in? Can Lynx be her savior? Can sh
Kristin Campbell
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
Absolutely loved this book! It was incredibly sad, but there was just enough humor that I wasn't crying throughout the book. I just cried a few times. lol! The ending was really special...and made me cry. Happy tears, though. :)

The whole book felt like a journey. It was special, and sad, and happy, and gripping, and there were shocks and surprises, and growth, and failure, and life just happened.

Definitely the best Michele has ever written! She really took her writing to a whole new level with
Christina
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Needing to Fall is by far the best book that I have read by Ryan Michele. this book is extremely deep and deals with the difficult subject of PTSD. But Ryan went one step further and did not deal with just one type of PTSD, but two. I live in a home with a soldier with PTSD and never thought an author could accurately portray life with a PTSD patient, until I read this book. All I can say is that I am amazed at how well this story is written. I suggest everyone read this book. It is an emotional ...more
Keeana Bookalicious Babes Blog
This book was intriguing,emotional, heartbreaking, this book will have you feeling so many different emotions, Wow this book had me ugly crying I could not put it down..

Ryan Michelle, writting is so powerful this story is nothing like she has written before its so beautiful and I could not get enough Ryan, is so talented this book will gut you it touches on alot of different topics this is A must read!!

ARC received on behalf of bookaliciousbabesblog!!!
Jackie R *Fire and Ice Book Reviews*
Love!

Among my favorites by Ryan. This book really pulled my heart strings. I was emotional. I cried. I laughed. I felt Reign's pain. This book made me feel it all. I just couldn't put it down.

I love Reign and Lynxs. They went through so much. From the sadness to the happiness, it was all so gripping.

This is definitely Ryan Michele's best book so far. I truly enjoyed this book, and I am so excited to see what she comes up with next.
  • Fallen Angel
  • Don't Open Till Christmas (Santori Stories #3)
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • 101 Degrees Fahrenheit
  • Dove
  • Colors of Love (Speed, #2)
  • The Diary of Lexi Ashford, Part Two (Lexi Ashford, #2)
  • Melt With You (Fated, #4)
  • Pick Your Pleasure (Pick your Pleasure, #1)
  • Marooned with the Millionaire
  • Hear Me
  • Fighting Fair
  • Out of Control (Untamed #2)
  • The Crescendo (A Musical Interlude, #2)
  • My Biggest Mistake
  • Lucky (A Love Lane Short #1)
  • Warrior Redeemed
  • Sweet Agony (Ex Ops #3, Sweet #1)
Ryan Michele found her passion in bringing fictional characters to life. She loves being in an imaginative world where anything is possible, and she has a knack for special twists readers don’t see coming.

She writes MC, Contemporary, Erotic, Paranormal, New Adult, Inspirational, and other romance-based genres. Whether it’s bikers, wolf-shifters, mafia, etc., Ryan spends her time making sure her h
More about Ryan Michele

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Fine.” I used the universal language of women. Fine meant so many things it needed to have three pages in the dictionary.” 1 likes