Start by marking “Needing to Fall” as Want to Read:
Needing to Fall

Needing to Fall

Have you ever sunk inside yourself to a place of darkness so deep you couldn’t see the light? Had no hope? Felt completely alone in a world filled with so many people?

I have. I’ve lived it, breathed it.

Why?

Because life hated me.

It disliked me from the moment of conception, despised me when I was born, loathed me when I bounced from each foster home, and kicked me in the

To ask other readers questions about Needing to Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Needing to Fall

Start your review of Needing to Fall
Katie
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 knowledge is power stars

description
"Happiness was giving your heart to someone you know would protect it with every breath they took."

Wow. This one was emotional and dark book...and of course, I LOVED IT!

First, I have to give props to the author- the subject matter, although very dark, was handled beautifully. Depression is a very misunderstood disease and those who have never experienced it, could never imagine the true effect that this disease has on a person and the people around them. Reign, the h
Elle's Book Blog
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: standalones, romance, dark
Published: 2016

:: 5 Pretty Little Stars ::

Dark, emotional, intense, and beautifully told- Needing to Fall takes readers on a tough journey that will open their minds and hearts to some very serious issues. The author gives us a sensitive but honest look at the after effects of severe abuse and PTSD in this novel while also rolling in a beautiful love story that will make everyone’s heart melt. This is one of those books that must be read this year. I fell in love with it from the minute I pi
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
I've read quite a few of this authors previous books and loved them. I absolutely adored this story and it's my favourite of this authors to date.

My heart was in pieces reading Reign and Lynx stories. They have been through so much heartache that I needed them to find happiness.

This is a raw and emotional story with great twists and turns. It's not an easy quick read. I felt it was emotional and heart breaking. The author did a great job of writing about some difficult topics.

Highly recommend
Kathryn Kelly
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Needing To Fall was touching, emotional, and very, very deep. As a person who has suffered with depression for most of my life, I understood Reign due to my own battles. (view spoiler) ...more
Anne Mercier
When I started Needing To Fall, I wasn’t sure what to expect so I braced myself, and it’s a good thing I did. Reign’s pain is palpable. With each word I felt her emotions mixing with my own, her pain becoming mine. The torment of suffering with PTSD and depression is far-too-common and the devastation of each minimized and understated. They’re real and watching Reign battle her demons is both courageous and heartbreaking. Needing To Fall is Ryan Michele at her very best. Read it. Live it. Feel i ...more
Jenny Jo Weir
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Needed to read.

I've had this book on my "to-read" shelf for a while. I fell in love with the cover and bought it a long time ago.

I'm a pretty happy person so the book didn't speak to me as much as it probably does to those suffering with depression but I'm still glad I checked it out. I appreciate the authors honestly about her struggle and the effort she put into this book. Well done.
Natalie
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Is currently free to read on kindle unlimited.
Had never heard of this book but this was such a dark and emotional story about two people dealing with really dark pasts. I liked how they portrayed the depression and ptsd and that there is no magical fix and that they had to get themselves better but help each other along the way. I just think the mental illness was portrayed well but do be reminded of you suffer with depression ptsd or sucidal thoughts this book could be a trigger. I loved how s
Danielle
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
If you've read Ryan Michele before you probably think you know what you're going to get with Needing to Fall. You. Are. Wrong.

Needing to Fall is the most emotionally taxing and inspirational novel from Ryan Michele to date. I was in tears by Chapter 2 and was left breathless by The End.

Reign... oh my goodness what do you say about a character that makes you want to climb into the pages to hold them? She is the manifestation of the depths the human psyche can plummet. I died for this woman.

"
Panty Scorching: 3
Over All Rating: 4.5
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Lindsey

I don't even know how to put into words what I just finished reading. Ryan Michelle just completely knocked the breath out of me with this beautiful book. It was simply amazing and heartfelt.

I have never been a big fan of books with emotions that pull the heart strings. I'm super emotional anyway so I tend to stay away. But with this book I had to read it. There was no not reading it. Reig
Glenna Maynard
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
an emotional read. I have to let my thoughts settle before writing my review.

This book dealt with some heavy topics giving you an in-depth look at what a struggle it is to live with depression and PTSD. Reign is struggling to keep living when the pull to end it all is so strong. She meets someone who changes her life for the better and the lease expected of places. The connection they share is instant but not really in an insta-love way, though at times it felt the relationship was moving faster
Lucia Franco
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Needing to Fall is completely different from Ryan Michele's other titles-- my favorite of hers yet. Packed full of emotion, this novel took me by surprise and left me questioning so much. Not about the story, but about life in general, how people find the courage to move on and love again after traumatic, earth shattering events. It's somewhat dark and the emotional pain the characters deal with was like a weight on my chest. I felt every single thing, something I crave in my reads. Well done!
Sara
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read. <3
For all that Reign had been through, and all that Lynx had been through... I admire both their strength in life... Reading their journeys ... it was sad yet it turned beautiful.
And Lynx, what a true man he was. <3
Thriona
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
valeria
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I like it and I am glad that they have found how to cope with their illnesses,
Three Chicks
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Review by Jen Skewes

When I first read the blurb for this one I knew it was a book I needed to read. Just a warning it does contain some tough topics such as abuse, depression, PTSD and anxiety. For some people this may be a little too dark for them but this is the exact type of book that catches my interest and that I love. And Ryan Michele did not disappoint. She did an amazing job and handled the tough subject matter in a very delicate way. From the moment that I read the prologue I was
Lauren
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Ryan Michele has literally topped every single book I have read in the last year with Needing to Fall. This emotional charged journey to the past through the present for these characters will leave you stunned and emotionally broken. Michele takes on an even tougher subject with this marvelous standalone novel. PTSD isn’t uncommon anymore and is not just diagnosed in our country’s brave warriors. Yes, there is a soldier with PTSD in this book, but there’s also a suffering young woman who nea
Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my...... I'm not sure if I can come up with adequate words for this book..... This book is such an emotional rollercoaster, I'm not sure how many times I had to set down my kindle and take a breather. Before I chucked my kindle across the room from the emotions running through me.

Sure I've read dark books, books dealing with touchy subjects, books dealing with depression, books dealing with PTSD. If it's out there I've probably read it. I knew from the beginning this book to read and wasn't
D
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
So many emotions from this story.
There were difficult subjects addressed in Needing To Fall. Throughout the story, you felt for the characters. On some level you can connect with these characters and others, you could never imagine their burden.
I enjoyed the fact that while the characters suffered incredible trauma, they still had some semblance of strength and felt that there was a small window of hope. The attraction between the two characters was definitely there and their journey throughou
Momma Hellmouth
My Review of Needing To Fall by Ryan Michele
My Rating 5 Heartfelt Stars
First off, I would like to commend Ryan for writing such and intense and highly accurate account of Depression and PTSD and the long term effects they have on people. Bravo!
As I started reading through the darkness of this story, I found that Reign’s story is a journey. A journey of hope and friendship finding yourself and finding the strength’s that are hidden within.
Needing to fall is just that; you have to hit the bottom t
Sadie Grubor
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC review

Reign is not your average girl. She's seen the dark side of life. Surrounded by abuse, neglect, pain, and horrors, there is only one bright light in her life. When that is snuffed out, she falls so deep into the darkness that she's not sure she wants to come out of it.

Enter Lynx, tall, intimidating, cocky, and damaged Lynx. He has his own demons, his own nightmares, but from the moment he squares off with Reign, Lynx sees - for the first time in a long long journey of dark - his light.
jeanette
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Happiness was giving your heart to someone you knew would protect it with every breath they took.

PTSD and Depression, are two illnesses that can sometimes go hand in hand. Just like Reign , a woman who was dealt a shitty hand from day one. Raised by a mother and father who wanted nothing to do with her.... Being throw back and forth in the messed up world of foster care.... Where she was abused mentally and physically... But her light was a boy named Drew.... Drew who didn't see past seventeen
TheBookGoddess
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What do you say when a book has left you speechless. When you have been on one of the biggest emotional roller coasters you can imagine with a book. That is where I m at right now. I literally don't know what to say and I mean that in the best possible way.

This book and it's characters ( Reign and Lynx) are unlike any others I have ever encountered. This book is something completely different from what Ryan has given us in the past and it was absolute perfection and the most imperfect way! This
Kelly w/ BOOKS to LUST BY
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received Needing To Fall as an ARC. I just want to tell you that it was the greatest book I have ever read. My father and my daughter are both bipolar and I suffer with severe depression and anxiety. I felt like this book really informed people. No doubt, it's gonna help the people who read it.
Reign is a damaged foster child who cannot escape her past.
Lynx is a damaged war veteran who has PTSD.
When they are throw together, can Reign overcome the hell she is in? Can Lynx be her savior? Can sh
Kristin Campbell
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
Absolutely loved this book! It was incredibly sad, but there was just enough humor that I wasn't crying throughout the book. I just cried a few times. lol! The ending was really special...and made me cry. Happy tears, though. :)

The whole book felt like a journey. It was special, and sad, and happy, and gripping, and there were shocks and surprises, and growth, and failure, and life just happened.

Definitely the best Michele has ever written! She really took her writing to a whole new level with
Christina
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Needing to Fall is by far the best book that I have read by Ryan Michele. this book is extremely deep and deals with the difficult subject of PTSD. But Ryan went one step further and did not deal with just one type of PTSD, but two. I live in a home with a soldier with PTSD and never thought an author could accurately portray life with a PTSD patient, until I read this book. All I can say is that I am amazed at how well this story is written. I suggest everyone read this book. It is an emotional ...more
Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews
Love!

Among my favorites by Ryan. This book really pulled my heart strings. I was emotional. I cried. I laughed. I felt Reign's pain. This book made me feel it all. I just couldn't put it down.

I love Reign and Lynxs. They went through so much. From the sadness to the happiness, it was all so gripping.

This is definitely Ryan Michele's best book so far. I truly enjoyed this book, and I am so excited to see what she comes up with next.
Archer
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pre-Ordered today..

**Warning: This book covers many tough issues—including, but not limited to, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, and abuse. It is a very highly charged, emotional read. You have been warned.**

Yeah that described this book.. Never read this author before. What an introduction. Great world building . Pulled me in, enveloped me. Spit me out the other side and. Well..

Keeana Bookalicious Babes Blog
This book was intriguing,emotional, heartbreaking, this book will have you feeling so many different emotions, Wow this book had me ugly crying I could not put it down..

Ryan Michelle, writting is so powerful this story is nothing like she has written before its so beautiful and I could not get enough Ryan, is so talented this book will gut you it touches on alot of different topics this is A must read!!

ARC received on behalf of bookaliciousbabesblog!!!
Carrie White
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Needing To Fall is a beautifully written emotional roller coaster.
The creative writing is flawless. You truly felt for these characters, you felt like you were these characters; what took them to the brink of insanity, finding the end and grasping with everything to hold on, hoping you came out on the other side still intact.
Definitely a must read!
I was graciously gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review.
K. Renee
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a rollorcoaster of emotions and heartbreakingly beautiful. Throughout the whole book you were made to feel like you were Reign. I hurt for her and I loved Lynx. he was a great character who had his own demons. This story touched on a deep topic and Ryan did a great job with the story as a whole.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Written on my Heart
  • Haven's Knight
  • Normal (Something More, #1)
  • Stronger Than You Know
  • Speechless
  • Frayed Rope (The Ugly Roses #1)
  • Impact
  • Unspeakable (Freedom, #1)
  • The Tattered Gloves
  • Until Alex
  • Fighting For Air (The Fighting Series Book 1)
  • Liar, Liar
  • Saving Ella (Mercy's Angels, #1)
  • Saving Me
  • Not Meant to Be Broken
  • Wishing for Someday Soon
  • Ache
  • Handfuls of Shattered Pieces (Pieces of Us, #1)
Ryan Michele found her passion in bringing fictional characters to life. She loves being in an imaginative world where anything is possible, and she has a knack for special twists readers don’t see coming.

She writes MC, Contemporary, Erotic, Paranormal, New Adult, Inspirational, and other romance-based genres. Whether it’s bikers, wolf-shifters, mafia, etc., Ryan spends her t